Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Chasing Immortality
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 96 97
@Aquasparky

Zeil and Hansel are definitely going to be close friends as long as the 'locke lets them!

Honestly, I'm surprised by how Klassia's been acting, I didn't set out to make her so standoffish and private, but these dragons write themselves, they decide themselves how they want to be and I've just gotta write it!

@RedSiren

Me too, he is my precious baby boy.

@pancakeswithabs

Same here, I love them so much

@chippertowns

Absolutely! It would be interesting to see how things would be different without the guidelines. There are a few instances I am already aware of that would have gone WAY DARKER.

We'll have to find out what Klassia wants together, she has a mind of her own up here in my brain
@Aquasparky

Zeil and Hansel are definitely going to be close friends as long as the 'locke lets them!

Honestly, I'm surprised by how Klassia's been acting, I didn't set out to make her so standoffish and private, but these dragons write themselves, they decide themselves how they want to be and I've just gotta write it!

@RedSiren

Me too, he is my precious baby boy.

@pancakeswithabs

Same here, I love them so much

@chippertowns

Absolutely! It would be interesting to see how things would be different without the guidelines. There are a few instances I am already aware of that would have gone WAY DARKER.

We'll have to find out what Klassia wants together, she has a mind of her own up here in my brain
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[quote name="Petall" date="2023-06-10 15:15:32" ] ...These dragons write themselves, they decide themselves how they want to be and I've just gotta write it! [/quote] I love the implication that the characters are sentient beings who are forcing you to write at claw-point
Petall wrote on 2023-06-10 15:15:32:
...These dragons write themselves, they decide themselves how they want to be and I've just gotta write it!

I love the implication that the characters are sentient beings who are forcing you to write at claw-point
Yeeeeeeeeeeet
My Long Drop
My Godlocke

Try out the Hungerlocke!
@pancakeswithabs

Sometimes that's how it feels!
@pancakeswithabs

Sometimes that's how it feels!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3244658/7#post_54349032]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 2: The Name of the Game[/u][/b] [item=redfin eel] Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85652760][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=4200367&skin=0&apparel=42934,6027,552,490&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Hime woke up bright and early, feeling better rested than she had in a long while. It was strange, the plaguelands were not supposed to be comfortable, but after wandering so long, having a place of her own to lay her head rather than having to adjust to new conditions every night was very refreshing. Hansel had already left their tent by the time Hime woke up. She could already hear the crackle of one of his fires and smell his delicious cooking. She supposed he wanted to be prepared - according to Drew, this morning at breakfast Shui was going to come and tell everyone what the deal was with his challenges. It was about time, everyone who had set up camp here had been here for a few days at least, and Hime had yet to set eyes on him. Taking a moment to get dressed, Hime sprung out of the tent, surprised by the lightness in her steps, and trotted out to Hansel. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84847674][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=84847674&skin=0&apparel=12900,431,44227,12914,20581,21848,12924,12931&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Rise and shine, my sleepyhead! I have some breakfast for you!" Hansel grinned, handing Hime a portion. She gratefully took it. "Are you excited to find out what we are actually going to be doing?" Hime asked, sitting down beside him, close enough that they were touching. She wrapped her tail around behind the obelisk, and he leaned back against it. "I'm ecstatic!" Hansel beamed. Then something else caught his attention. "Oh! There's Zeil and Cure!" Sure enough, the pearlcatcher and snapper were slowly making their way towards the breakfast fire, Zeil matching the pace of her girlfriend, making sure she was close enough to support her if she stumbled. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81270242][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=81270242&skin=0&apparel=50503,24892,42929,2978&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82308090][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=82308090&skin=0&apparel=542,545,313,1706&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Ah, good morning!" Hansel called out, waving enthusiastically at the approaching dragons. "I've got breakfast for you both!" "Hello," Hime said quietly, suddenly feeling very small, despite her size. She liked Zeil and Cure well enough, but was nervous around new dragons, and she did not know them as well as Hansel did. Still, she trusted the obelisk, and wanted to put in some sort of effort to befriend them, for his sake. "Hello! Exciting morning!" Zeil exclaimed, taking the plates Hansel was holding out and passing one to Cure. "Can't wait to see what Shui's whole deal is." "I'm looking forward to knowing what we have to do to get this eternal life," Cure added, a certain intensity in her eyes. "Whatever it is, I'm ready to face it." "Oh, hello friend!" Hansel said suddenly to someone behind Hime. "Didn't see you approach there, would you like some food? I made some extra." [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84890344][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=84890344&skin=0&apparel=36025,31685,27766&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "There is no need," the guardian said evenly. This was the first Hime had seen of her. "And I would appreciate it if you did not refer to me as 'friend.' I do not know you." "Apologies," Hansel scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "Still, if there is anything I can do to make you more comfortable-" "As I said, there is no need," The guardian said. "Anything I require I can provide for myself." "Alright, fair enough, I'll respect your boundaries," Hansel said, nodding respectfully. "May I get your name, if that is not too much to ask." The guardian regarded Hansel carefully, as if deciding whether or not to respond. Finally, she spoke, "Klassia." Thankfully, they were spared any more awkward conversation, as it was at that moment that Drew hopped down from the giant skull, followed by a gliding wildclaw unfamiliar to Hime. She supposed he must be Shui. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/83964737][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=83964737&skin=50670&apparel=23028,23034&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/30081270][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=30081270&skin=0&apparel=29244,32034,768,23290,28149,32705,32701,744&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] The moment Hime laid eyes on Shui, something clicked within her. She had thought that meeting Hansel had been the moment everything in her life aligned, but this was on a whole other level. She felt like up until this moment, her life had been empty, and now it was full. Like she had been living a purposeless life, and now she had a reason to live. She had thought Hansel had been her charge, but she was wrong. It was undeniably Shui. She made eye contact with the wildclaw, and Hime could tell by the way his eyes flashed in her direction that he had noticed her attention. He did not say anything, but instead stepped forward to address everyone. "Thank you all for answering my call and joining me here today," Shui began, scanning each dragon with a calculating stare. "I had hoped there would be more of you, but no matter, I am sure we will get more arrivals with time. I figure it's time you know what you are up against." Hime drank in every word. At that moment, she felt like she would do anything for him, even if it meant her death. Anything to make sure he was safe and happy. "As you know, each year ends with an elemental festival." Shui continued. "At each festival, there will be a challenge. You will have the year to train and prepare. You will not know what you will be up against until the day of the challenge arrives, so you must be ready for everything. We will begin at the Brightshine Jubilee." "And about the immortality?" Cure piped up. Shui turned his gaze on the snapper, a look of faint disgust as he looked at her. Hime knew she should feel uncomfortable with it, but she couldn't make herself. "Immortality will be awarded to only the most competent of dragons. Only time will tell which of you will be [i]strong[/i] enough to be worthy of it." Shui explained. "I am sure some of you will die. Some of you may pass even before facing a challenge, but such is the reality of the plaguelands." "And how are you planning on offering us this 'immortality'" Zeil said, her eyes narrowed as she glared down Shui. "Why should we believe you are even capable of that?" "Ah, I can tell you are going to be a little troublemaker," Shui smirked. "Not necessarily a bad thing, it can be useful at times. To answer your question, I cannot tell you my methods yet, only that if you put your faith in me, we can find a way to achieve this. See, I have been conducting some very important research, and if we all play our cards right, we shall achieve it together. But unless you listen to me, no one will achieve it." "That barely answers my question!" Zeil protested. "Shh! Zeil!" Cure nudged the pearlcatcher. "Not right now!" The pearlcatcher backed down, but Hime could see in her eyes that this argument was not over, just delayed. Hime didn't understand why the pearlcatcher had such a problem with Shui. Couldn't she see he was the key to everything? "Alright, any other questions?" Shui said, looking around impatiently. "No? Alright. I shall drop by from time to time, to check in your progress. If you need anything from me, I request you check in with Drew first. They will pass on the message to me, and I'll figure out if it is something I need to address directly or not. Thank you for your time, and thank you for coming." With that, Shui turned around, and made his way back to his den. Drew hesitated for a moment, taking time to look over everyone gathered, lingering on Hime longer than the others, then turned and followed him. Klassia left shortly afterwards, to return to her elaborate tent. "Well, what a load of-" Zeil began. "Zeil! Don't ruin this for us!" Cure protested. "I know, I'm sorry. I just want to make sure we're not getting ourselves in trouble we can't get out of," The pearlcatcher sighed. "We can get out of anything, as long as we're together," Cure said, leaning over to kiss Zeil's cheek. "What do you think of the whole thing?" Hansel asked, turning to Hime. "I think he's great," Hime said, perhaps a little too enthusiastically. Hansel looked surprised. "You warmed up to him fast." He remarked. It wasn't a pointed comment, but in a way, it felt like it to Hime. After all, she had told Hansel that he was her charge, how was she supposed to explain to him that she was wrong? What if he hated her? What if she lost the only friend she ever had? And yet, she knew that if that was the cost, she would throw it all away for Shui. That's what it meant to be a guardian. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3244658/9#post_54363040]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Pocketdog @Lixue @pancakeswithabs @Brasil @Disillusionist @VeniVidiVici @sedge122 @Crescentstar711 @RedSiren @Khyriana @Aquasparky @Leopardmask @BarbaraFett @SakuraSundae @Jaspernoir @Glitchtrap @Sabariel @Aetherstorm @Mutequill @LaSilva007 @chippertowns @Tirtouga678 @Murvax @Drachenschwinge @Calyrex @Lightwolf57 @QuietGhost @queerkestrel @GrinningWolf24 @NewmoonWasTaken[/center] ----- Coli was Zeil, Klassia and Hime. They did a full 40 rounds in the training feilds unscathed, as that was 1 coli venue below their levels (5, 5 and 6 respectively). So, I was able to level them up to 6, 6 and 7. Hime definitely has a boost from the Coli she was able to do in my previous 'locke. Also, now you know the whole deal of the challenges. I don't exactly know what they'll look like, because it depends on the festival familiars this cycle. Each challenge will be different and unique so it doesn't get too repetitive, but will be based around the familiar and potentially other items! I have also decided to bring back the 1 month irl = 1 year on Sornieth because I missed having that as a concrete timeline during my previous locke. So that is the time system we are working with here!

Day 2: The Name of the Game
Redfin Eel
Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles

scry?sdid=4200367&skin=0&apparel=42934,6027,552,490&xt=dressing.png

Hime woke up bright and early, feeling better rested than she had in a long while. It was strange, the plaguelands were not supposed to be comfortable, but after wandering so long, having a place of her own to lay her head rather than having to adjust to new conditions every night was very refreshing.

Hansel had already left their tent by the time Hime woke up. She could already hear the crackle of one of his fires and smell his delicious cooking. She supposed he wanted to be prepared - according to Drew, this morning at breakfast Shui was going to come and tell everyone what the deal was with his challenges.

It was about time, everyone who had set up camp here had been here for a few days at least, and Hime had yet to set eyes on him.

Taking a moment to get dressed, Hime sprung out of the tent, surprised by the lightness in her steps, and trotted out to Hansel.
dragon?did=84847674&skin=0&apparel=12900,431,44227,12914,20581,21848,12924,12931&xt=dressing.png

"Rise and shine, my sleepyhead! I have some breakfast for you!" Hansel grinned, handing Hime a portion. She gratefully took it.

"Are you excited to find out what we are actually going to be doing?" Hime asked, sitting down beside him, close enough that they were touching. She wrapped her tail around behind the obelisk, and he leaned back against it.

"I'm ecstatic!" Hansel beamed. Then something else caught his attention. "Oh! There's Zeil and Cure!"

Sure enough, the pearlcatcher and snapper were slowly making their way towards the breakfast fire, Zeil matching the pace of her girlfriend, making sure she was close enough to support her if she stumbled.
dragon?did=81270242&skin=0&apparel=50503,24892,42929,2978&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=82308090&skin=0&apparel=542,545,313,1706&xt=dressing.png

"Ah, good morning!" Hansel called out, waving enthusiastically at the approaching dragons. "I've got breakfast for you both!"

"Hello," Hime said quietly, suddenly feeling very small, despite her size. She liked Zeil and Cure well enough, but was nervous around new dragons, and she did not know them as well as Hansel did. Still, she trusted the obelisk, and wanted to put in some sort of effort to befriend them, for his sake.

"Hello! Exciting morning!" Zeil exclaimed, taking the plates Hansel was holding out and passing one to Cure. "Can't wait to see what Shui's whole deal is."

"I'm looking forward to knowing what we have to do to get this eternal life," Cure added, a certain intensity in her eyes. "Whatever it is, I'm ready to face it."

"Oh, hello friend!" Hansel said suddenly to someone behind Hime. "Didn't see you approach there, would you like some food? I made some extra."
dragon?did=84890344&skin=0&apparel=36025,31685,27766&xt=dressing.png

"There is no need," the guardian said evenly. This was the first Hime had seen of her. "And I would appreciate it if you did not refer to me as 'friend.' I do not know you."

"Apologies," Hansel scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "Still, if there is anything I can do to make you more comfortable-"

"As I said, there is no need," The guardian said. "Anything I require I can provide for myself."

"Alright, fair enough, I'll respect your boundaries," Hansel said, nodding respectfully. "May I get your name, if that is not too much to ask."

The guardian regarded Hansel carefully, as if deciding whether or not to respond. Finally, she spoke, "Klassia."

Thankfully, they were spared any more awkward conversation, as it was at that moment that Drew hopped down from the giant skull, followed by a gliding wildclaw unfamiliar to Hime. She supposed he must be Shui.
dragon?did=83964737&skin=50670&apparel=23028,23034&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=30081270&skin=0&apparel=29244,32034,768,23290,28149,32705,32701,744&xt=dressing.png

The moment Hime laid eyes on Shui, something clicked within her. She had thought that meeting Hansel had been the moment everything in her life aligned, but this was on a whole other level. She felt like up until this moment, her life had been empty, and now it was full. Like she had been living a purposeless life, and now she had a reason to live.

She had thought Hansel had been her charge, but she was wrong. It was undeniably Shui.

She made eye contact with the wildclaw, and Hime could tell by the way his eyes flashed in her direction that he had noticed her attention. He did not say anything, but instead stepped forward to address everyone.

"Thank you all for answering my call and joining me here today," Shui began, scanning each dragon with a calculating stare. "I had hoped there would be more of you, but no matter, I am sure we will get more arrivals with time. I figure it's time you know what you are up against."

Hime drank in every word. At that moment, she felt like she would do anything for him, even if it meant her death. Anything to make sure he was safe and happy.

"As you know, each year ends with an elemental festival." Shui continued. "At each festival, there will be a challenge. You will have the year to train and prepare. You will not know what you will be up against until the day of the challenge arrives, so you must be ready for everything. We will begin at the Brightshine Jubilee."

"And about the immortality?" Cure piped up.

Shui turned his gaze on the snapper, a look of faint disgust as he looked at her. Hime knew she should feel uncomfortable with it, but she couldn't make herself.

"Immortality will be awarded to only the most competent of dragons. Only time will tell which of you will be strong enough to be worthy of it." Shui explained. "I am sure some of you will die. Some of you may pass even before facing a challenge, but such is the reality of the plaguelands."

"And how are you planning on offering us this 'immortality'" Zeil said, her eyes narrowed as she glared down Shui. "Why should we believe you are even capable of that?"

"Ah, I can tell you are going to be a little troublemaker," Shui smirked. "Not necessarily a bad thing, it can be useful at times. To answer your question, I cannot tell you my methods yet, only that if you put your faith in me, we can find a way to achieve this. See, I have been conducting some very important research, and if we all play our cards right, we shall achieve it together. But unless you listen to me, no one will achieve it."

"That barely answers my question!" Zeil protested.

"Shh! Zeil!" Cure nudged the pearlcatcher. "Not right now!"

The pearlcatcher backed down, but Hime could see in her eyes that this argument was not over, just delayed. Hime didn't understand why the pearlcatcher had such a problem with Shui. Couldn't she see he was the key to everything?

"Alright, any other questions?" Shui said, looking around impatiently. "No? Alright. I shall drop by from time to time, to check in your progress. If you need anything from me, I request you check in with Drew first. They will pass on the message to me, and I'll figure out if it is something I need to address directly or not. Thank you for your time, and thank you for coming."

With that, Shui turned around, and made his way back to his den. Drew hesitated for a moment, taking time to look over everyone gathered, lingering on Hime longer than the others, then turned and followed him. Klassia left shortly afterwards, to return to her elaborate tent.

"Well, what a load of-" Zeil began.

"Zeil! Don't ruin this for us!" Cure protested.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just want to make sure we're not getting ourselves in trouble we can't get out of," The pearlcatcher sighed.

"We can get out of anything, as long as we're together," Cure said, leaning over to kiss Zeil's cheek.

"What do you think of the whole thing?" Hansel asked, turning to Hime.

"I think he's great," Hime said, perhaps a little too enthusiastically.

Hansel looked surprised. "You warmed up to him fast." He remarked.

It wasn't a pointed comment, but in a way, it felt like it to Hime. After all, she had told Hansel that he was her charge, how was she supposed to explain to him that she was wrong? What if he hated her? What if she lost the only friend she ever had?

And yet, she knew that if that was the cost, she would throw it all away for Shui. That's what it meant to be a guardian.

Coli was Zeil, Klassia and Hime. They did a full 40 rounds in the training feilds unscathed, as that was 1 coli venue below their levels (5, 5 and 6 respectively). So, I was able to level them up to 6, 6 and 7. Hime definitely has a boost from the Coli she was able to do in my previous 'locke.

Also, now you know the whole deal of the challenges. I don't exactly know what they'll look like, because it depends on the festival familiars this cycle. Each challenge will be different and unique so it doesn't get too repetitive, but will be based around the familiar and potentially other items!

I have also decided to bring back the 1 month irl = 1 year on Sornieth because I missed having that as a concrete timeline during my previous locke. So that is the time system we are working with here!
Oof, didn't see that coming in terms of a charge. Definitely will put a strain on her friendship if she doesn't communicate. I'm getting big Cerys vibes from Klarissa for sure!
Oof, didn't see that coming in terms of a charge. Definitely will put a strain on her friendship if she doesn't communicate. I'm getting big Cerys vibes from Klarissa for sure!
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
FujJNYK.pngimage.pngimage.pngs16_book.pngimage.pngo290-d04-Crescentstar711.pngo484-d01-Crescentstar711.png222.pngl15_book.pngl19_01_book.pngrzj2jMv.png
@Crescentstar711

I figured it would make for some good drama, to make Shui Hime's charge! (not to mention, Shui would love the idea of dragons being that devoted to him.) And I think you are right about the Cerys vibes, I'm still learning who Klassia is, but she is definitely drawing some similarities in my mind.
@Crescentstar711

I figured it would make for some good drama, to make Shui Hime's charge! (not to mention, Shui would love the idea of dragons being that devoted to him.) And I think you are right about the Cerys vibes, I'm still learning who Klassia is, but she is definitely drawing some similarities in my mind.
The plot thickens... Let's hope Hansel reacts well when he finds out that Hime's charge is Shui, and that we learn more about Shui and what exactly he wants. Let's just hope everything goes well considering Scorched Forest is coming up. Also, the challenge idea is super interesting since it revolves around the Festival familiars.
The plot thickens... Let's hope Hansel reacts well when he finds out that Hime's charge is Shui, and that we learn more about Shui and what exactly he wants. Let's just hope everything goes well considering Scorched Forest is coming up. Also, the challenge idea is super interesting since it revolves around the Festival familiars.
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
@Aquasparky

It's going to be an interesting dynamic going on for sure! And as for the fest familiars, I absolutely adore making the familiars super plot relevant for my lockes! In my previous one, I used the statues as part of shrine restoration. The gem guardians were also super significant to my shadow pinkerlocke! I'm excited to see what the theme is this time!
@Aquasparky

It's going to be an interesting dynamic going on for sure! And as for the fest familiars, I absolutely adore making the familiars super plot relevant for my lockes! In my previous one, I used the statues as part of shrine restoration. The gem guardians were also super significant to my shadow pinkerlocke! I'm excited to see what the theme is this time!
Quote:

Shui turned his gaze on the snapper, a look of faint disgust as he looked at her.
How DARE you look at my girl like that. Shui is slowly creeping up the 'I don't trust him' rating. And hopefully Hansel doesn't get too upset at Hime for mixing up her charge, poor girl probably was never taught how to figure it out.
Quote:

Shui turned his gaze on the snapper, a look of faint disgust as he looked at her.
How DARE you look at my girl like that. Shui is slowly creeping up the 'I don't trust him' rating. And hopefully Hansel doesn't get too upset at Hime for mixing up her charge, poor girl probably was never taught how to figure it out.
unEaUkh.png - She/they/xe
- Tales of Eotera (Lore Thread)
9fbec014932d0afc30da6fd2c36bc2ad26496952.png
I don't trust Shui. Hime, you better be careful girl
I don't trust Shui. Hime, you better be careful girl
Yeeeeeeeeeeet
My Long Drop
My Godlocke

Try out the Hungerlocke!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 96 97