Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Chasing Immortality
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 96 97
@GrinningWolf24

Awesome, I am adding you now!!!
@GrinningWolf24

Awesome, I am adding you now!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Hi! Sorry for late reply, but yes please, I would absolutely like to remain on the pinglist! Looks very exciting so far!
Hi! Sorry for late reply, but yes please, I would absolutely like to remain on the pinglist! Looks very exciting so far!
Newmoon | She/her | FRT +17-19 (depending on daylight savings)

Fandergs | Wishlist

I made a cheap UMA! Click here to order it!
@NewmoonWasTaken

No worries! Adding you now!
@NewmoonWasTaken

No worries! Adding you now!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3244658/5#post_54337794]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 1: Congregate[/u][/b] [item=bountiful fishnet] Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84890344][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=84890344&skin=0&apparel=36025,31685,27766&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] It had taken Klassia nearly no time at all to set up her living quarters. The main structure of it, after all, was just some canvas streched over carefully placed bones to make a tent. She had managed to find a good ribcage that she fit under. The exciting part had been filling her space with enchantments. She wasn't planning on inviting over any guests, she wanted to keep her experimentation private, but regardless she wanted it to be awe-inspiring on the off chance someone did find their way in. But even that didn't take too much time, not for a mage as skilled as herself. And so she spent most of her time observing, getting a fell of the place. She watched as Drew watched, taking their usual position on the snout of the largest skull in the place. Klassia could tell they were close with Shui, the strange overlord of the place, but they each had a den in a separate eye socket. Drew was easy enough to read, like understood like after all. Klassia understood what it was like to want to keep things private. She wondered if they would be participating in the challenges, or if they were there just to support Shui. Klassia also watched for sign of newcomers. Surely she was not the only one to heed the call. She knew most dragons thought it was a scam, but she also knew that if there was any truth to be gleaned from it, she would find it, and if Shui couldn't offer her immortality, she would achieve it herself. Sure enough, after a few days of watching, when Klassia had almost given up and returned to her experiments, they began to arrive... [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/9a138c26554e324936484ade5021b573/280633acce0f81d9-f0/s540x810/4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84847674][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=84847674&skin=0&apparel=12900,431,44227,12914,20581,21848,12924,12931&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Hime had wanted some time alone to adjust to the new home she and Hansel were sharing, so Hansel has decided to make a campfire in the central point between the three tents that were currently pitched. He figured she was overwhelmed, having learned to read her during their travels together the past months, with finally having a space to call her own. It may be a temporary space, but Hansel could tell it was important to her nonetheless. So, Hansel had left Hime to process, and hoped that his campfire may draw out some of his fellow participants so he could get to know them. He was fortunate, for not long after he had built his fire and began to cook, a pearlcatcher emerged from one of the nearby tents. It was a smaller one, less flashy than the other, and from what Hansel had gathered, housed two dragons as well. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81270242][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=81270242&skin=0&apparel=50503,24892,42929,2978&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Mind if I boil some water?" She asked. "My partner isn't doing to well after all these travels and could use some warm cloths." "You found water in these parts?" Hansel was surprised. "Hime and I have been relying on our flasks, though they will run dry soon. So much of the liquid around here is pus and goo. I'm Hansel by the way." "Zeil," The pearlcatcher grinned weakly. "And yeah, it's difficult to find, but it's around. You kinda have to dig for it, as unpleasant as this ground is." She wrinkled her nose and glanced down at the steadily pulsing ground beneath their feet. "It doesn't... bleed?" Hansel almost didn't dare ask the question. "You would think," Zeil laughed to herself. "But no, once you break through the first squishy layer, it's dirt. It is thicker in some places than others. I don't think it's actually alive, it's just some sort of clay or soil that is remarkably similar in consistency." "Well, that's a relief," Hansel said, only half joking. The conversation lulled into silence for a moment, and Zeil took a position staring at her pot waiting for it to finish boiling. "Do you mind if I ask you a question," Zeil asked finally, shifting her gaze to look at Hansel again. "Shoot," Hansel said. "I'll answer anything." "Do you really think this Shui guy is legit? Cure is so set on it, but I have my doubts," Zeil said, looking around nervously, as if she expected him to appear behind her shoulder as she spoke. "Nah, I mean if achieving eternal life was easy, everyone would be doing it," Hansel shrugged. "I just think that challenges will be fun and make for a good story." "I'm glad someone else agrees this is a load on nonsense," Zeil snorted. "I love Cure and I'll do anything for her, but damn. I hope we haven't just walked into some sort of cult or death trap." "Well, if we do, I trust you'll have my back in getting everyone out of here," Hansel joked. "I say let them fend for themselves, if they got themselves into this mess," Zeil huffed. "I'm kidding of course, but sometimes-" "I get it," Hansel grinned. He poked the fire with a thin bone. "Hey, it looks like your water is boiled." "So it is," Zeil commented, moving to remove it from the flame. "I'll be cooking up some food in a moment, you and your partner are welcome to come and share some if you like. There's enough to go around," Hansel offered. "We just might take you up on that," Zeil grinned. "I'm sure Cure would love to meet you." "And I'll be sure to introduce you to my friend Hime as well. If we are going to be in some kind of death game, I think forming a close-knit group will increase our odds," Hansel grinned. "As long as you understand I'm saving my skin at the first sign of danger," Zeil joked. Hansel watched her go, grinning to himself. That was one of the best things about adventuring, all the new friends he made. And he was sure this challenge would bring in a lot more. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3244658/8#post_54356521]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Pocketdog @Lixue @pancakeswithabs @Brasil @Disillusionist @VeniVidiVici @sedge122 @Crescentstar711 @RedSiren @Khyriana @Aquasparky @Leopardmask @BarbaraFett @SakuraSundae @Jaspernoir @Glitchtrap @Sabariel @Aetherstorm @Mutequill @LaSilva007 @chippertowns @Tirtouga678 @Murvax @Drachenschwinge @Calyrex @Lightwolf57 @QuietGhost @queerkestrel @GrinningWolf24 @NewmoonWasTaken[/center] ----- Coli was pretty chill, which I am glad for in our first round! The team was Klassia, Zeil and Hansel, and they all made it to level 4 in the allotted rounds, meaning I could level them up to 5 without risk of death. One thing I meant to mention in the prologue notes but forgot is that there are some fun connections with the initial cast of characters for those who have read my previous stories! Both Drew and Hansel are descended from Amberlyn (though are too far separated to know the two of them are related). Drew is the daughter of Mollie and Sapphire from The Stories of Windkeep Tower (making them also related to Banella and Quartz from the same story!). Which means that generation I of my alphabet legacy challenge will be a combination of both the Amberlyn line and my current lineage! Klassia, on the other hand, is the daughter of Midnight and Ifor from my incomplete Arcane pinkerlocke, Beyond the Shroud! Hence all of her intense magic!

Day 1: Congregate
Bountiful Fishnet
Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles

dragon?did=84890344&skin=0&apparel=36025,31685,27766&xt=dressing.png

It had taken Klassia nearly no time at all to set up her living quarters. The main structure of it, after all, was just some canvas streched over carefully placed bones to make a tent. She had managed to find a good ribcage that she fit under. The exciting part had been filling her space with enchantments. She wasn't planning on inviting over any guests, she wanted to keep her experimentation private, but regardless she wanted it to be awe-inspiring on the off chance someone did find their way in.

But even that didn't take too much time, not for a mage as skilled as herself. And so she spent most of her time observing, getting a fell of the place.

She watched as Drew watched, taking their usual position on the snout of the largest skull in the place. Klassia could tell they were close with Shui, the strange overlord of the place, but they each had a den in a separate eye socket. Drew was easy enough to read, like understood like after all. Klassia understood what it was like to want to keep things private. She wondered if they would be participating in the challenges, or if they were there just to support Shui.

Klassia also watched for sign of newcomers. Surely she was not the only one to heed the call. She knew most dragons thought it was a scam, but she also knew that if there was any truth to be gleaned from it, she would find it, and if Shui couldn't offer her immortality, she would achieve it herself.

Sure enough, after a few days of watching, when Klassia had almost given up and returned to her experiments, they began to arrive...

4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png

dragon?did=84847674&skin=0&apparel=12900,431,44227,12914,20581,21848,12924,12931&xt=dressing.png

Hime had wanted some time alone to adjust to the new home she and Hansel were sharing, so Hansel has decided to make a campfire in the central point between the three tents that were currently pitched. He figured she was overwhelmed, having learned to read her during their travels together the past months, with finally having a space to call her own. It may be a temporary space, but Hansel could tell it was important to her nonetheless.

So, Hansel had left Hime to process, and hoped that his campfire may draw out some of his fellow participants so he could get to know them.

He was fortunate, for not long after he had built his fire and began to cook, a pearlcatcher emerged from one of the nearby tents. It was a smaller one, less flashy than the other, and from what Hansel had gathered, housed two dragons as well.
dragon?did=81270242&skin=0&apparel=50503,24892,42929,2978&xt=dressing.png

"Mind if I boil some water?" She asked. "My partner isn't doing to well after all these travels and could use some warm cloths."

"You found water in these parts?" Hansel was surprised. "Hime and I have been relying on our flasks, though they will run dry soon. So much of the liquid around here is pus and goo. I'm Hansel by the way."

"Zeil," The pearlcatcher grinned weakly. "And yeah, it's difficult to find, but it's around. You kinda have to dig for it, as unpleasant as this ground is." She wrinkled her nose and glanced down at the steadily pulsing ground beneath their feet.

"It doesn't... bleed?" Hansel almost didn't dare ask the question.

"You would think," Zeil laughed to herself. "But no, once you break through the first squishy layer, it's dirt. It is thicker in some places than others. I don't think it's actually alive, it's just some sort of clay or soil that is remarkably similar in consistency."

"Well, that's a relief," Hansel said, only half joking.

The conversation lulled into silence for a moment, and Zeil took a position staring at her pot waiting for it to finish boiling.

"Do you mind if I ask you a question," Zeil asked finally, shifting her gaze to look at Hansel again.

"Shoot," Hansel said. "I'll answer anything."

"Do you really think this Shui guy is legit? Cure is so set on it, but I have my doubts," Zeil said, looking around nervously, as if she expected him to appear behind her shoulder as she spoke.

"Nah, I mean if achieving eternal life was easy, everyone would be doing it," Hansel shrugged. "I just think that challenges will be fun and make for a good story."

"I'm glad someone else agrees this is a load on nonsense," Zeil snorted. "I love Cure and I'll do anything for her, but damn. I hope we haven't just walked into some sort of cult or death trap."

"Well, if we do, I trust you'll have my back in getting everyone out of here," Hansel joked.

"I say let them fend for themselves, if they got themselves into this mess," Zeil huffed. "I'm kidding of course, but sometimes-"

"I get it," Hansel grinned. He poked the fire with a thin bone. "Hey, it looks like your water is boiled."

"So it is," Zeil commented, moving to remove it from the flame.

"I'll be cooking up some food in a moment, you and your partner are welcome to come and share some if you like. There's enough to go around," Hansel offered.

"We just might take you up on that," Zeil grinned. "I'm sure Cure would love to meet you."

"And I'll be sure to introduce you to my friend Hime as well. If we are going to be in some kind of death game, I think forming a close-knit group will increase our odds," Hansel grinned.

"As long as you understand I'm saving my skin at the first sign of danger," Zeil joked.

Hansel watched her go, grinning to himself. That was one of the best things about adventuring, all the new friends he made. And he was sure this challenge would bring in a lot more.

Coli was pretty chill, which I am glad for in our first round! The team was Klassia, Zeil and Hansel, and they all made it to level 4 in the allotted rounds, meaning I could level them up to 5 without risk of death.

One thing I meant to mention in the prologue notes but forgot is that there are some fun connections with the initial cast of characters for those who have read my previous stories! Both Drew and Hansel are descended from Amberlyn (though are too far separated to know the two of them are related). Drew is the daughter of Mollie and Sapphire from The Stories of Windkeep Tower (making them also related to Banella and Quartz from the same story!). Which means that generation I of my alphabet legacy challenge will be a combination of both the Amberlyn line and my current lineage! Klassia, on the other hand, is the daughter of Midnight and Ifor from my incomplete Arcane pinkerlocke, Beyond the Shroud! Hence all of her intense magic!
I've been wondering what the ground was like, it's interesting how it's clay-like but that makes more sense then just... meat. Also Hansel is so nice, I love him with all my heart. He's basically the neighbor that gives you homemade food when you move in next door.
I've been wondering what the ground was like, it's interesting how it's clay-like but that makes more sense then just... meat. Also Hansel is so nice, I love him with all my heart. He's basically the neighbor that gives you homemade food when you move in next door.
unEaUkh.png - She/they/xe
- Tales of Eotera (Lore Thread)
9fbec014932d0afc30da6fd2c36bc2ad26496952.png
@Lixue

Honestly, I was tempted to go the full meat route, but I wasn't sure if it would be too gross and too much body horror for Flight Rising guidelines (there are so many things I would do differently if I weren't being mindful of the guidelines, so much more swearing, much so much more body horror and disturbing descriptions, I probably wouldn't have explicit scenes but I would reference activities for creating hatchlings more clearly... but alas, I am bound by the rules of the site).

Hansel is so much more of a sweetheart than I was anticipating! If anyone is going to connect the dragons in this locke, it's going to be him!
@Lixue

Honestly, I was tempted to go the full meat route, but I wasn't sure if it would be too gross and too much body horror for Flight Rising guidelines (there are so many things I would do differently if I weren't being mindful of the guidelines, so much more swearing, much so much more body horror and disturbing descriptions, I probably wouldn't have explicit scenes but I would reference activities for creating hatchlings more clearly... but alas, I am bound by the rules of the site).

Hansel is so much more of a sweetheart than I was anticipating! If anyone is going to connect the dragons in this locke, it's going to be him!
Glad to see Zeil and Hansel are bonding. There's a lot of anticipation to see what the game exactly is and how that will impact the characters. Also, why do I feel like Klassia might have a villain arc? I don't trust her. Hansel is a sweetheart though.
Glad to see Zeil and Hansel are bonding. There's a lot of anticipation to see what the game exactly is and how that will impact the characters. Also, why do I feel like Klassia might have a villain arc? I don't trust her. Hansel is a sweetheart though.
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
I love Hansel so much
I love Hansel so much
Hansel and Zeil are my babies
Hansel and Zeil are my babies
Yeeeeeeeeeeet
My Long Drop
My Godlocke

Try out the Hungerlocke!
Gahhh i love your descriptions so much!!! And I'm with you on FR guidelines... I understand their reasoning and am glad they're in place but my writing would be SO much more horror and grim stuff if I were given free reign over it on here lol
Klassia is intriguing... Not sure I trust her but totally here to see what she does
Gahhh i love your descriptions so much!!! And I'm with you on FR guidelines... I understand their reasoning and am glad they're in place but my writing would be SO much more horror and grim stuff if I were given free reign over it on here lol
Klassia is intriguing... Not sure I trust her but totally here to see what she does
Fnrx3wS.png
tyEuRXe.png

A Dragon Halfway There - A Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 96 97