Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Sunken Dreams
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 37 38
[center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3229518/11#post_54555920]Previous[/url] [Color=navy][size=5][b]Chapter 20: A Short Reunion [/b][/size][/color] ----------- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/83061436][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=83061436&skin=0&apparel=940,45794,50220,9997,37886,50221&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] Another exhausting day, and Penina had to massage her forehead as she was looking over the documents on the table. Yet, she sensed someone’s presence and looked up towards the doorway. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84168347][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=84168347&skin=0&apparel=17530,690,10371,10385,10743,10736,10722&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] She locked eyes with her sister, and saw that Kailani clearly tensed up her body when she noticed her. “Kailani?” Penina whispered, as though in disbelief at what she saw. “Heh, yeah. Hi, sis,” Kailani said shyly, but Penina leapt at her so strongly that she knocked her backwards. “I’ve missed you so much!!!” she cried and she firmly hugged her. Kailani was rigid in shock at first, but slowly softened and returned her sister’s hug, “I missed you too…I’m so sorry.” “You have nothing to be sorry about!” Penina pulled away and looked directly into her eyes, “Nothing. I’m just so happy to see you. I didn’t expect you to already be back. Did you already go through mother’s journal?” her questions were shot in rapid succession. Kailani looked away awkwardly and wrung her hands, “Well, no. Actually, we came back to try to figure out where to go next.” Penina tilted her head, “Mother didn’t say exactly where she went?” “No, well, not exactly,” Kailani was struggling at what to say, “Do you remember ever going to an island’s cove with our parents?” “No, not at all. Mother and father were always so busy that we hardly had a chance to do anything together, especially away from the palace,” Penina said, deep in thought, “So you’re trying to figure out where this island is?” Kailani gave a small nod, “Exactly. Murchadh was going to ask Siren to see if she knew anything about it, so we can go there next.” “Oh, the guard that has been assisting you? We can assign you more guards or one of the more experienced guards instead since you’re here,” Penina said, “I heard he was one of the newer additions to the guard.” The proposition alarmed Kailani, “No, no. He’s great.” The look she saw from her sister caused her to blush, “Errr, wait, I mean, he’s been very helpful protecting me and bringing me to the places from mother’s journal. It’s probably best that we stick together and see through the rest of it.” At this point, Penina had to bring a hand to her face to hide her grin and suppress her laughter. “Jeez, it’s not like that, sis!” Kailani shoved her sister. “Mhm, I’m sure,” Penina said with a chuckle, “but if he has been protecting you well, then I won’t stand in your way. Just stay safe, okay?” “You know me!” Kailani pipped, and she grabbed Penina’s hand and squeezed it, “So what have I missed since I’ve been away?” [img]https://imgur.com/9UVvjEs.png[/img] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86694622][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=86694622&skin=0&apparel=47678,27150,27143,27144,27147,27145,27146&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70065028][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/700651/70065028_350.png[/img][/url] Murchadh swam into the room where Siren was discussing plans with a few of the guards. He waited patiently until Siren finished and dismissed the others. “Murchadh, report. How is Princess Kailani?” “She is well. We’ve been able to follow her mother’s route successfully so far…except now. The queen mentioned an island in her journal, whose cove was used by her and her parents as a sort of vacation spot.” Siren’s eyes widened, “The Pebble Pearl Cove? Now that is a place I have not heard about in some time, at least not since…” she paused, “…since Fetia lost her brother there.” Now it was Murchadh’s eyes that widened in surprise, “The queen had a brother?” “Yes, not many remember since he was young at the time,” Siren began, “During one outing there, he strayed away from the group, and no one noticed his absence until it was too late. All that was left was his pearl, which washed up on the shore and had notable gashes on it. Fetia’s parents thought the worse, and we retreated before any one of us were attacked next. No one has been there since.” Murchadh stayed silent, surprise still outlined on his face. “Well, it matters not. Princess Kailani’s journey stops here. The King has ordered his daughters to remain in the palace. You have done well in protecting her and guiding her back to us,” Siren said as she looked down at the map that was laid on the table, “We will go over your new orders in the morning. You are dismissed.” He was ready to speak up, but bit his tongue. Once Siren made a decision, she was hard to persuade otherwise. Instead, Murchadh saluted and swam out without a word. He had to speak to Kailani soonest about what transpired. [img]https://imgur.com/9UVvjEs.png[/img] “Pst, Kailani, over here!” Murchadh whispered out from behind a corner. Kailani had finished talking with Penina and was heading to the kitchen for some food. She was surprised to see Murchadh trying to hide, and swam up to him, “Hey, did you find out where the island is?” “Shhh, not here. Follow me,” and he started swimming towards a hall. Kailani pulled at his tail to steer him in a different direction, “No if you want secrecy, then follow me. I know the best place,” and she led the way. She brought them both to a room that appeared to be that for guests to wait in until they were ushered to the throne room. Going to the side of a pedestel, she placed her hand on its bust of one of the first rulers of Nan’nalu and pressed in its eyes at the same time. They heard a soft grinding of stone, and Kailani pulled Murchadh through a doorway hidden behind a large hanging tapestry. “Wow, how did you know about this?” Murchadh asked in wonder. “My mother,” said Kailani with a grin, “She told me all of the best hiding spots. But that’s why she could always find me too…No one else I know in the palace knows about these hidden rooms.” The room they entered was a curious one, adorned with an assortment of texts, doodads, tools, and wonders. Even though there was a large number of items, it didn’t seem too cluttered, but more of an organized mess that could easily distract a hatchling. “So what happened?” Kailani asked, curiosity shining in her eyes. “The place is called Pebble Pearl’s Cove, and I was able to find its coordinates using a map from the palace’s library,” Murchadh began. “Then we can head out first thing tomorrow!” she clapped her hands in glee. “Actually, the guard doesn’t want us to head out at all. The last orders of the King was to keep you and your sister in the palace, and Siren intends to carry out that order for you,” Murchadh said bitterly, “and she wants me to carry out new orders elsewhere.” It caused Kailani’s face to harden, “Well, they can try. I escaped them last time, so I’ll escape them again.” Murchadh nodded, “But you have to leave now, before they add new guards to watch over you. Otherwise, it’ll be too much for us to handle.” “Us?” Kailani asked. “Yeah, well, I’m not about to let you go off alone and get hurt,” Murchadh said quickly, “And you need help getting to that island, so you need me,” he looked away and rummaged in a bag held at his side in embarrassment, “I have everything we need for supplies, but we got to go fast.” He was ready to turn around and leave the room, but Kailani grabbed his hand, “Wait.” Murchadh looked into her eyes and saw warmth in them that he didn’t expect. “You’ve been so kind to me, and I can’t imagine finishing this journey without you. But it’s more than that,” she was thinking about how embarrassed she was with her sister at the idea of liking him, “I think I love you, and I want to tell you that in case anything happens.” Murchadh was quiet and looked at the his hand that Kailani was holding, “I…I think I love you too,” and he squeezed her hand back, “Let’s talk about it later though. I don’t want us missing this window of opportunity to escape.” Kailani only gave a nod, and they swam out of the room. Using the passageways that were empty, they were able to manage to get to the stables where Aalto was. Since Aalto was so large, it was instead circling above the stables and appeared agitated at the stablehands who were arguing below. Seizing the moment where the stablehands were distracted and bickering, Kailani swam to Aalto’s side and gently patted it, whispering, “We got to go.” Kailani and Murchadh grabbed onto Aalto’s back and steered it away from the palace. The stablehands only noticed Aalto’s disappearance too late, as Aalto was able to quickly flee the palace with a few wingbeats. ----------------------------------- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3229518/12#post_54566669]next[/url] @Petall @Aquasparky @Reshiramu Phew, it was a quick stop at the palace before the duo had to continue their journey, much at the dismay of Nan’nalu’s royal guard. Kailani escapes the palace again, but this time willingly with Murchadh. Hope you are looking forward to what comes next! I’m very excited!
Previous

Chapter 20: A Short Reunion

dragon?did=83061436&skin=0&apparel=940,45794,50220,9997,37886,50221&xt=dressing.png

Another exhausting day, and Penina had to massage her forehead as she was looking over the documents on the table. Yet, she sensed someone’s presence and looked up towards the doorway.

dragon?did=84168347&skin=0&apparel=17530,690,10371,10385,10743,10736,10722&xt=dressing.png

She locked eyes with her sister, and saw that Kailani clearly tensed up her body when she noticed her. “Kailani?” Penina whispered, as though in disbelief at what she saw.

“Heh, yeah. Hi, sis,” Kailani said shyly, but Penina leapt at her so strongly that she knocked her backwards. “I’ve missed you so much!!!” she cried and she firmly hugged her. Kailani was rigid in shock at first, but slowly softened and returned her sister’s hug, “I missed you too…I’m so sorry.”

“You have nothing to be sorry about!” Penina pulled away and looked directly into her eyes, “Nothing. I’m just so happy to see you. I didn’t expect you to already be back. Did you already go through mother’s journal?” her questions were shot in rapid succession.

Kailani looked away awkwardly and wrung her hands, “Well, no. Actually, we came back to try to figure out where to go next.” Penina tilted her head, “Mother didn’t say exactly where she went?”

“No, well, not exactly,” Kailani was struggling at what to say, “Do you remember ever going to an island’s cove with our parents?” “No, not at all. Mother and father were always so busy that we hardly had a chance to do anything together, especially away from the palace,” Penina said, deep in thought, “So you’re trying to figure out where this island is?”

Kailani gave a small nod, “Exactly. Murchadh was going to ask Siren to see if she knew anything about it, so we can go there next.” “Oh, the guard that has been assisting you? We can assign you more guards or one of the more experienced guards instead since you’re here,” Penina said, “I heard he was one of the newer additions to the guard.”

The proposition alarmed Kailani, “No, no. He’s great.” The look she saw from her sister caused her to blush, “Errr, wait, I mean, he’s been very helpful protecting me and bringing me to the places from mother’s journal. It’s probably best that we stick together and see through the rest of it.”

At this point, Penina had to bring a hand to her face to hide her grin and suppress her laughter. “Jeez, it’s not like that, sis!” Kailani shoved her sister. “Mhm, I’m sure,” Penina said with a chuckle, “but if he has been protecting you well, then I won’t stand in your way. Just stay safe, okay?”

“You know me!” Kailani pipped, and she grabbed Penina’s hand and squeezed it, “So what have I missed since I’ve been away?”

9UVvjEs.png

dragon?did=86694622&skin=0&apparel=47678,27150,27143,27144,27147,27145,27146&xt=dressing.png

70065028_350.png

Murchadh swam into the room where Siren was discussing plans with a few of the guards. He waited patiently until Siren finished and dismissed the others. “Murchadh, report. How is Princess Kailani?”

“She is well. We’ve been able to follow her mother’s route successfully so far…except now. The queen mentioned an island in her journal, whose cove was used by her and her parents as a sort of vacation spot.”

Siren’s eyes widened, “The Pebble Pearl Cove? Now that is a place I have not heard about in some time, at least not since…” she paused, “…since Fetia lost her brother there.” Now it was Murchadh’s eyes that widened in surprise, “The queen had a brother?”

“Yes, not many remember since he was young at the time,” Siren began, “During one outing there, he strayed away from the group, and no one noticed his absence until it was too late. All that was left was his pearl, which washed up on the shore and had notable gashes on it. Fetia’s parents thought the worse, and we retreated before any one of us were attacked next. No one has been there since.”

Murchadh stayed silent, surprise still outlined on his face. “Well, it matters not. Princess Kailani’s journey stops here. The King has ordered his daughters to remain in the palace. You have done well in protecting her and guiding her back to us,” Siren said as she looked down at the map that was laid on the table, “We will go over your new orders in the morning. You are dismissed.”

He was ready to speak up, but bit his tongue. Once Siren made a decision, she was hard to persuade otherwise. Instead, Murchadh saluted and swam out without a word. He had to speak to Kailani soonest about what transpired.

9UVvjEs.png

“Pst, Kailani, over here!” Murchadh whispered out from behind a corner. Kailani had finished talking with Penina and was heading to the kitchen for some food. She was surprised to see Murchadh trying to hide, and swam up to him, “Hey, did you find out where the island is?”

“Shhh, not here. Follow me,” and he started swimming towards a hall. Kailani pulled at his tail to steer him in a different direction, “No if you want secrecy, then follow me. I know the best place,” and she led the way. She brought them both to a room that appeared to be that for guests to wait in until they were ushered to the throne room. Going to the side of a pedestel, she placed her hand on its bust of one of the first rulers of Nan’nalu and pressed in its eyes at the same time. They heard a soft grinding of stone, and Kailani pulled Murchadh through a doorway hidden behind a large hanging tapestry.

“Wow, how did you know about this?” Murchadh asked in wonder. “My mother,” said Kailani with a grin, “She told me all of the best hiding spots. But that’s why she could always find me too…No one else I know in the palace knows about these hidden rooms.”

The room they entered was a curious one, adorned with an assortment of texts, doodads, tools, and wonders. Even though there was a large number of items, it didn’t seem too cluttered, but more of an organized mess that could easily distract a hatchling.

“So what happened?” Kailani asked, curiosity shining in her eyes. “The place is called Pebble Pearl’s Cove, and I was able to find its coordinates using a map from the palace’s library,” Murchadh began. “Then we can head out first thing tomorrow!” she clapped her hands in glee.

“Actually, the guard doesn’t want us to head out at all. The last orders of the King was to keep you and your sister in the palace, and Siren intends to carry out that order for you,” Murchadh said bitterly, “and she wants me to carry out new orders elsewhere.”

It caused Kailani’s face to harden, “Well, they can try. I escaped them last time, so I’ll escape them again.” Murchadh nodded, “But you have to leave now, before they add new guards to watch over you. Otherwise, it’ll be too much for us to handle.”

“Us?” Kailani asked. “Yeah, well, I’m not about to let you go off alone and get hurt,” Murchadh said quickly, “And you need help getting to that island, so you need me,” he looked away and rummaged in a bag held at his side in embarrassment, “I have everything we need for supplies, but we got to go fast.”

He was ready to turn around and leave the room, but Kailani grabbed his hand, “Wait.” Murchadh looked into her eyes and saw warmth in them that he didn’t expect. “You’ve been so kind to me, and I can’t imagine finishing this journey without you. But it’s more than that,” she was thinking about how embarrassed she was with her sister at the idea of liking him, “I think I love you, and I want to tell you that in case anything happens.”

Murchadh was quiet and looked at the his hand that Kailani was holding, “I…I think I love you too,” and he squeezed her hand back, “Let’s talk about it later though. I don’t want us missing this window of opportunity to escape.” Kailani only gave a nod, and they swam out of the room. Using the passageways that were empty, they were able to manage to get to the stables where Aalto was. Since Aalto was so large, it was instead circling above the stables and appeared agitated at the stablehands who were arguing below.

Seizing the moment where the stablehands were distracted and bickering, Kailani swam to Aalto’s side and gently patted it, whispering, “We got to go.” Kailani and Murchadh grabbed onto Aalto’s back and steered it away from the palace. The stablehands only noticed Aalto’s disappearance too late, as Aalto was able to quickly flee the palace with a few wingbeats.

next

@Petall @Aquasparky @Reshiramu

Phew, it was a quick stop at the palace before the duo had to continue their journey, much at the dismay of Nan’nalu’s royal guard. Kailani escapes the palace again, but this time willingly with Murchadh. Hope you are looking forward to what comes next! I’m very excited!
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
FujJNYK.pngimage.pngimage.pngs16_book.pngimage.pngo290-d04-Crescentstar711.pngo484-d01-Crescentstar711.png222.pngl15_book.pngl19_01_book.pngrzj2jMv.png
OOOoooo exciting things happening! I'm so glad that Kailani and Murchadh were able to sneak away, and their confessions of love for each other are very sweet! Also, that creepy guardian is fascinating, and I have a theory...

My first instinct, upon hearing of Fetia's brother's 'death', the fact that they left without finding a body makes me wonder if he is still alive. And a part of me wonders if he is Dakila, if he claims to have royal blood... Though his bio describing him as "ancient" and the manner described in his bio of having the throne revoked does not match up with the story of Fetia's brother's presumed death... hmmmmm.
OOOoooo exciting things happening! I'm so glad that Kailani and Murchadh were able to sneak away, and their confessions of love for each other are very sweet! Also, that creepy guardian is fascinating, and I have a theory...

My first instinct, upon hearing of Fetia's brother's 'death', the fact that they left without finding a body makes me wonder if he is still alive. And a part of me wonders if he is Dakila, if he claims to have royal blood... Though his bio describing him as "ancient" and the manner described in his bio of having the throne revoked does not match up with the story of Fetia's brother's presumed death... hmmmmm.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall
Theorize away! I love how others brainstorm ideas. It would be cool to think Fetia's brother is still alive now...
@Petall
Theorize away! I love how others brainstorm ideas. It would be cool to think Fetia's brother is still alive now...
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
FujJNYK.pngimage.pngimage.pngs16_book.pngimage.pngo290-d04-Crescentstar711.pngo484-d01-Crescentstar711.png222.pngl15_book.pngl19_01_book.pngrzj2jMv.png
[center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3229518/12#post_54560513]Previous[/url] [Color=navy][size=5][b]Chapter 21: Differences Make Good Sparks[/b][/size][/color] ----------- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81155184][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=81155184&skin=0&apparel=369,16235,10962,386,31589,429,423,20568,391&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] Luca was bursting with energy in his work as he made the final cut for the window space he envisioned in the hull. Whistling a tune, he laid his tool aside and flew off to the organized pile of metal and bolts he would use to make the first part of the window frame. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82046507][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=82046507&skin=3151&apparel=50503,45489,47037,47018,47015,47023,47031,47034,490,441,330&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86898681][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=86898681&skin=4936&apparel=50501,10876,47013,47028,47037,12268,47020,47036,47021,47029,336,319,351,716&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] “I didn’t know ye were such a great whistler,” he heard a voice chime behind him. “Oh, hey Miuccia! Want to see how the window is coming along?” Luca turned and asked. Sklonda was also beside Miuccia, but it didn’t scare Luca like before. Instead, he gave a knowing nod towards the Spiral, “You’re welcome to come too and check it out.” Sklonda looked surprised being invited along. She expected to simply look at the hull which was being worked on by Glan and Keala. The pair of dragons were the strongest ones of the crew that could place the metal frame and plates that would reinforce the hull. Sklonda gave a nod and a shy smile, and she followed at a distance behind Miuccia towards the hole. Miuccia leaned forward to whisper in Luca’s ear, “I thought ye were afraid of ‘er. What changed?” Luca was walking with a spring in his step, “She was the one that helped me secure this dry dock for our ship. Sklonda may seem rough and scary, but I think she has a good heart.” Miuccia’s eyes widened, but she then smiled knowingly, “I feel the same way.” “Here we are!” Luca called out, “This is where we will have our window to see the seafloor. Just need to create the frame to keep it water tight and strong. Then we can place in the window and seal it up.” Sklonda looked dubious, “Why do you need a window on the bottom of a ship? We can see well enough from the deck and crow’s nest.” Luca was happy to explain, “But do we? If that sea beast comes up directly below us, we would not have a chance at all. It would break the hull from the center and have it collapse on itself.” Sklonda grabbed her chin in thought, “But if it came up directly below us, would it have the greater speed to still hit us?” “True! But that’s where the reinforced hull comes into play. We could handle a blow and then turn the ship ‘round to place an attack on them when they least expect it,” Luca continued. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42311678][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=42311678&skin=0&apparel=1709,29802,17930&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] “But we want to try to avoid them, not cause further bloodshed,” said Keala, who was walking up to the group, drenched in sweat. Luca’s fins drooped, “I know. I still haven’t figured out a way to get around the beast without being discovered.” Sklonda spoke up, “Well, he can probably figure that out eventually. Just give him some time.” Luca looked at her with a smile, mouthing a silent “thank you.” Keala nodded, “We’re almost done wi’ the hull. Probably will ‘ave it done by tomorrow.” Luca jumped up and went straight to work, “I’ll get on this window then. Sklonda, can you give me a hand?” She walked up to Luca, and he gave her guidance on how they would finish installing the window. Miuccia flew onto Keala’s shoulder, “Seems we ‘ave an unexpected pair now. Didn’t think he’d warm up to ‘er like that.” Keala just smiled, “Dif’rences make good sparks. As long as this crew works well together, we’ll get through this journey.” “An’ then ye can see yer charge again!” Miuccia grinned. “Aye, I do ‘ope so,” Keala said, eyes turned towards the ocean, determination etched on her face. [img]https://imgur.com/9UVvjEs.png[/img] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84168347][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=84168347&skin=0&apparel=17530,690,10371,10385,10743,10736,10722&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] Aalto took them as far as it could and decided to rest on a space of soft sand beside a sunken ship. Kailani always enjoyed looking through wreckages, so she swam inside it as they were waiting for Aalto’s break. Humming to herself, she was sweeping away sand with her tail to see if there were any treasures beneath them. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86694622][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=86694622&skin=0&apparel=47678,27150,27143,27144,27147,27145,27146&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] Murchadh, meanwhile, was lost in thought as he looked around the perimeter. There were no sign of Siren or the rest of the guard – yet. He knew he was probably officially removed as a royal guard and had no hope of joining again in the future. Murchadh explicitly refused a direct order, so he would also be a criminal and be jailed if they caught him. Sighing, Murchadh turned back towards the ship wreck, eyes watching Kailani as she explored. He remembered what she told him and how he responded. He thought he loved his job more, his duty to the kingdom, but for him to be so crazy to refuse an order and run away with the princess, he had to be in love. Or, at least, his priority towards Kailani was greater than his role as a guard. Or was it that he was still keeping to his duty by guarding her, knowing that she would escape no matter what? His head felt like it was swimming in circles. Kailani noticed him staring at her, “What? Do I have something on my scales?” “No, no. Was just thinking how refusing Siren’s orders and running away with you. We may be considered criminals,” Murchadh said. Kailani laughed, “I’m definitely not a criminal for running away. Sure, I’d be grounded if my father caught me, but not jailed...Oooohh, wait. You mean you would because you are a guard,” her mouth was agape as the realization came to her. “[b]Was[/b] a guard. Definitely wouldn’t be now,” Murchadh shook his head. Kailani’s ears drooped, but she swam up to him so her eyes could look into his, “Hey, when we get back to the palace after all of this, I’ll make sure my sister gives you a full pardon. She knows I dragged you into this mess, so you shouldn’t be in trouble.” But Murchadh kept looking into her eyes and murmured, “I think I’m still in trouble though…” then he spoke up, “Do you remember when you told me you loved me?” Kailani blushed, “I remember the words ‘think I love you.’” Murchadh grabbed her hand gently and lifted it up to kiss it, “Well, then I’ll say it. I love you, Kailani.” Kailani felt like she would turn a deep shade of red, “Do you do this to all the ladies?” But he looked hurt when she said, which felt like a knife to the heart, “I have never been with anyone before. My whole life, I only worked hard to make it into the guard.” “...Sorry…” Kailani said, feeling terrible. Murchadh gave a grin to assure her and teased, “Hey, I didn’t hear you say anything.” Kailani took a moment to speak, which made Murchadh worry, “I...I love you too. And I’m very grateful you’re with me here, even on this crazy trip.” He let out the breath he was holding, “Couldn’t imagine being anywhere else. Now, let’s try to sleep a little. I’m not sure if we’ll be able to rest too often if we’re running away from Siren and her guard.” When Murchadh laid down beside Aalto, Kailani curled up beside him and promptly fell asleep. It made Murchadh smile. He may have lost his place in the guard, but he got a far greater treasure that he’d love and protect. Murchadh lifted a wing and covered Kailani with it, falling asleep soon after. Little did the pair expect to see three eggs beside them when they woke up… ---------------------------- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3229518/12#post_54587656]next[/url] @Petall @Aquasparky @Reshiramu Surprise! We finally have our first nest! And the Second Chance will soon leave port and sail out again! I also did a meat pull today, and Luca, Sklonda, and Dakila are now level 4. Got a few more coli pulls that I will work on, but one day at a time. Don’t want to overwhelm myself with them.
Previous

Chapter 21: Differences Make Good Sparks

dragon?did=81155184&skin=0&apparel=369,16235,10962,386,31589,429,423,20568,391&xt=dressing.png

Luca was bursting with energy in his work as he made the final cut for the window space he envisioned in the hull. Whistling a tune, he laid his tool aside and flew off to the organized pile of metal and bolts he would use to make the first part of the window frame.

dragon?did=82046507&skin=3151&apparel=50503,45489,47037,47018,47015,47023,47031,47034,490,441,330&xt=dressing.png

dragon?did=86898681&skin=4936&apparel=50501,10876,47013,47028,47037,12268,47020,47036,47021,47029,336,319,351,716&xt=dressing.png

“I didn’t know ye were such a great whistler,” he heard a voice chime behind him. “Oh, hey Miuccia! Want to see how the window is coming along?” Luca turned and asked. Sklonda was also beside Miuccia, but it didn’t scare Luca like before. Instead, he gave a knowing nod towards the Spiral, “You’re welcome to come too and check it out.”

Sklonda looked surprised being invited along. She expected to simply look at the hull which was being worked on by Glan and Keala. The pair of dragons were the strongest ones of the crew that could place the metal frame and plates that would reinforce the hull. Sklonda gave a nod and a shy smile, and she followed at a distance behind Miuccia towards the hole.

Miuccia leaned forward to whisper in Luca’s ear, “I thought ye were afraid of ‘er. What changed?” Luca was walking with a spring in his step, “She was the one that helped me secure this dry dock for our ship. Sklonda may seem rough and scary, but I think she has a good heart.” Miuccia’s eyes widened, but she then smiled knowingly, “I feel the same way.”

“Here we are!” Luca called out, “This is where we will have our window to see the seafloor. Just need to create the frame to keep it water tight and strong. Then we can place in the window and seal it up.” Sklonda looked dubious, “Why do you need a window on the bottom of a ship? We can see well enough from the deck and crow’s nest.”

Luca was happy to explain, “But do we? If that sea beast comes up directly below us, we would not have a chance at all. It would break the hull from the center and have it collapse on itself.”

Sklonda grabbed her chin in thought, “But if it came up directly below us, would it have the greater speed to still hit us?” “True! But that’s where the reinforced hull comes into play. We could handle a blow and then turn the ship ‘round to place an attack on them when they least expect it,” Luca continued.

dragon?did=42311678&skin=0&apparel=1709,29802,17930&xt=dressing.png

“But we want to try to avoid them, not cause further bloodshed,” said Keala, who was walking up to the group, drenched in sweat. Luca’s fins drooped, “I know. I still haven’t figured out a way to get around the beast without being discovered.”

Sklonda spoke up, “Well, he can probably figure that out eventually. Just give him some time.” Luca looked at her with a smile, mouthing a silent “thank you.”

Keala nodded, “We’re almost done wi’ the hull. Probably will ‘ave it done by tomorrow.” Luca jumped up and went straight to work, “I’ll get on this window then. Sklonda, can you give me a hand?” She walked up to Luca, and he gave her guidance on how they would finish installing the window.

Miuccia flew onto Keala’s shoulder, “Seems we ‘ave an unexpected pair now. Didn’t think he’d warm up to ‘er like that.” Keala just smiled, “Dif’rences make good sparks. As long as this crew works well together, we’ll get through this journey.” “An’ then ye can see yer charge again!” Miuccia grinned. “Aye, I do ‘ope so,” Keala said, eyes turned towards the ocean, determination etched on her face.

9UVvjEs.png

dragon?did=84168347&skin=0&apparel=17530,690,10371,10385,10743,10736,10722&xt=dressing.png

Aalto took them as far as it could and decided to rest on a space of soft sand beside a sunken ship. Kailani always enjoyed looking through wreckages, so she swam inside it as they were waiting for Aalto’s break. Humming to herself, she was sweeping away sand with her tail to see if there were any treasures beneath them.

dragon?did=86694622&skin=0&apparel=47678,27150,27143,27144,27147,27145,27146&xt=dressing.png

Murchadh, meanwhile, was lost in thought as he looked around the perimeter. There were no sign of Siren or the rest of the guard – yet. He knew he was probably officially removed as a royal guard and had no hope of joining again in the future. Murchadh explicitly refused a direct order, so he would also be a criminal and be jailed if they caught him.

Sighing, Murchadh turned back towards the ship wreck, eyes watching Kailani as she explored. He remembered what she told him and how he responded. He thought he loved his job more, his duty to the kingdom, but for him to be so crazy to refuse an order and run away with the princess, he had to be in love. Or, at least, his priority towards Kailani was greater than his role as a guard. Or was it that he was still keeping to his duty by guarding her, knowing that she would escape no matter what? His head felt like it was swimming in circles.

Kailani noticed him staring at her, “What? Do I have something on my scales?” “No, no. Was just thinking how refusing Siren’s orders and running away with you. We may be considered criminals,” Murchadh said. Kailani laughed, “I’m definitely not a criminal for running away. Sure, I’d be grounded if my father caught me, but not jailed...Oooohh, wait. You mean you would because you are a guard,” her mouth was agape as the realization came to her.

Was a guard. Definitely wouldn’t be now,” Murchadh shook his head. Kailani’s ears drooped, but she swam up to him so her eyes could look into his, “Hey, when we get back to the palace after all of this, I’ll make sure my sister gives you a full pardon. She knows I dragged you into this mess, so you shouldn’t be in trouble.”

But Murchadh kept looking into her eyes and murmured, “I think I’m still in trouble though…” then he spoke up, “Do you remember when you told me you loved me?” Kailani blushed, “I remember the words ‘think I love you.’”

Murchadh grabbed her hand gently and lifted it up to kiss it, “Well, then I’ll say it. I love you, Kailani.” Kailani felt like she would turn a deep shade of red, “Do you do this to all the ladies?” But he looked hurt when she said, which felt like a knife to the heart, “I have never been with anyone before. My whole life, I only worked hard to make it into the guard.”

“...Sorry…” Kailani said, feeling terrible. Murchadh gave a grin to assure her and teased, “Hey, I didn’t hear you say anything.” Kailani took a moment to speak, which made Murchadh worry, “I...I love you too. And I’m very grateful you’re with me here, even on this crazy trip.” He let out the breath he was holding, “Couldn’t imagine being anywhere else. Now, let’s try to sleep a little. I’m not sure if we’ll be able to rest too often if we’re running away from Siren and her guard.”

When Murchadh laid down beside Aalto, Kailani curled up beside him and promptly fell asleep. It made Murchadh smile. He may have lost his place in the guard, but he got a far greater treasure that he’d love and protect. Murchadh lifted a wing and covered Kailani with it, falling asleep soon after. Little did the pair expect to see three eggs beside them when they woke up…

next

Surprise! We finally have our first nest! And the Second Chance will soon leave port and sail out again! I also did a meat pull today, and Luca, Sklonda, and Dakila are now level 4. Got a few more coli pulls that I will work on, but one day at a time. Don’t want to overwhelm myself with them.
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
WOOOOoooo my ship has sailed! I can't wait to see what Murchadh and Kailani's future hatchlings look like. Kailani and Murchadh sure are troublemakers and I love them both.
WOOOOoooo my ship has sailed! I can't wait to see what Murchadh and Kailani's future hatchlings look like. Kailani and Murchadh sure are troublemakers and I love them both.
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
@Aquasparky Same! I hope the RNG is on our favor for colors. And they're technically not troublemakers. They make the most trouble for themselves rather than for others I think [emoji=guardian winking size=1]
@Aquasparky
Same! I hope the RNG is on our favor for colors. And they're technically not troublemakers. They make the most trouble for themselves rather than for others I think
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
True, true.
True, true.
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
EGGS EGGS EGGS EGGS! I can't wait to see the kiddos of those two! And I am very excited to see a pair forming between Sklonda and Luca!!! If I can get Capriccio and Zarzuela linked on my family tree somehow, then I can have Sklonda and Luca and any potential kids and descendants beyond on the tree as well!
EGGS EGGS EGGS EGGS! I can't wait to see the kiddos of those two! And I am very excited to see a pair forming between Sklonda and Luca!!! If I can get Capriccio and Zarzuela linked on my family tree somehow, then I can have Sklonda and Luca and any potential kids and descendants beyond on the tree as well!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall
YES! It's very exciting and I can't wait to see what they hatch as ^^ And woah, it'll be cool if the family tries get linked! =O
@Petall
YES! It's very exciting and I can't wait to see what they hatch as ^^ And woah, it'll be cool if the family tries get linked! =O
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
[center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3229518/12#post_54566669]Previous[/url] [Color=navy][size=5][b]Chapter 22: An Alliance between Kings[/b][/size][/color] ----------- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70053540][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=70053540&skin=50203&apparel=50503,744,743&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] Dakila was adrift, far enough from the carnage to not be seen but close enough to relish in the revenge against the surface dwellers. This was what he wanted to do all those years ago, but his sister and closest advisors advised against it. Just when he was ready to unleash the full might of the sea beast he is now watching, it was his sister that interfered and exiled him from Nan’nalu. But that was in the past, way in the past, at a time that is now forgotten based on the current king’s reaction to his name. He chuckled. All he desired was time, time to wait for the perfect opportunity to regain power over a kingdom he was meant to rule. The sea sorceress gave him that, but in exchange for his soul. It was a fair trade...especially if it meant he could regain power that he could be leveraged against that very same sea sorceress and [i]persuade[/i] her to return his soul. Grinning, he continued watching the ship in the distance, large tentacles penetrating the surface and grabbing at the sails and crew members alike. The screams could be heard from where he was bobbing on the surface. Once all the sails were broken and the ship was dead in the water, the sea beast lifted its head, its massive body overshadowing the sea craft and the few survivors clinging onto hope to get away. But no one could escape the sea beast’s wrath. With a mighty flick of its tail, it crashed down on the center of the ship, splitting it in half, and then coiling madly to crush everything else. The ocean bubbled as though it was boiling in the beast’s rage. Then, everything was eerily quiet. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81432233][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=81432233&skin=0&apparel=37886,35203,35215,35198,50221&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] Dakila saw Tusitala swim up to the beast and wave the trident to indicate that they should both dive below the surface. It was his cue. Dakila intended to finally meet with Tusitala and try to sway him to form an alliance. With the beast being exhausted from the attack, he needn’t worry about being immediately killed. Once he saw the pair settled on the sea floor, he swam toward them so that Tusitala could clearly see his incoming presence. Still, he remained at a distance to avoid the trident Tusitala was brandishing with a deep frown, “Salutations, King Tusitala. Pleasure to meet you face to face unlike our last encounter. Did you have the chance to think about my offer?” “So you are Dakila. At least you have the fortitude to finally approach me instead of hiding behind the kelp fields,” Tusitala gave a pregnant pause before continuing, “How do you know of the trident and its connection with this sea beast?” Dakila smiled wickedly, “I was once a king of Nan’nalu, much like yourself, so I know the secrets of that weapon you are holding.” “How can you be king when all the kings of our past have passed on?” Tusitala responded, never lowering his weapon. “I was exiled for my decision to use the sea beast against the surface dwellers, by my own sister, Bituin.” Finally a light of recognition reflected in Tusitala’s eyes, “I remember Queen Bituin in my history classes and of the brother she exiled. But that was many years ago and the brother was given no name within the books.” Dakila growled, with his tailing whipping in agitation behind him, “Yes, no doubt my sister would try to hide me completely from history given the embarrassment of exiling her own kin.” “But that doesn’t explain why you are here. How?” Tusitala asked, his curiosity starting to show. [i]Good,[/i] thought Dakila, [i]now we’re getting somewhere.[/i] “A sea sorceress gave me the gift of time in exchange for...well, that matters not,” Dakila brushed aside the details, “I want to help you. I see so much of myself in you.” “Of being a traitor to the kingdom?” Tusitala interrupted. “Of doing what’s right, even when others are too afraid to do it,” Dakila continued, trying to maintain his composure, “You know that you must strike fear into those surface folk in order to keep the kingdom safe, and you would do everything you can to ensure the safety of those you care and love. Am I right?” Tusitala paused again, his memories of Fetia and his daughters flooding his mind. He was doing all of this for them, wasn’t he? He finally lowered the trident and brought it to his side, “So what is it that you know about the trident that I don’t?” Dakila chose his next words carefully, “It’s not what you don’t know, but what was kept from you. In order to not have a similar incident in the future, it was decreed after my exile that all texts concerning the trident and its abilities be wiped from the libraries in Nan’nalu. That is, except the one I kept. I’ve been keeping it safe back at my lair. When you are ready to learn more, I will share the text with you, guide you in how to use those abilities, so that you may utilize the full control of the true power of the kingdom of Nan’nalu, as a king rightfully should.” Tusitala felt excited by this bit of news. He could regain a power long lost to the leaders of Nan’nalu and ensure that it continues to be passed down. This is where he will firmly place his name in the history books and ensure a safety to the kingdom that none before would have even imagined. “Show me.” Dakila smiled. [img]https://imgur.com/9UVvjEs.png[/img] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81155184][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=81155184&skin=0&apparel=369,16235,10962,386,31589,429,423,20568,391&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86898681][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=86898681&skin=4936&apparel=50501,10876,47013,47028,47037,12268,47020,47036,47021,47029,336,319,351,716&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] “There! That should do it,” Luca stepped backwards to admire the special window, “And we did it faster than expected thanks to you help!” He turned back and smile at the Spiral, “You keep coming to my rescue.” Sklonda turned away in embarrassment, “Well, someone has to help your sorry tail.” Luca looked down sadly, “Yeah, sometimes I get so lost in my excitement and inspiration that I fail to think about all the obstacles and dangers to even get my work done. I’m grateful you are looking out for me. I’m sorry if I’m a bit of hassle to deal with.” Luca’s words alarmed her, “Wait, I didn’t say you were a hassle or anything like that!” she fumbled for the right words, “and I don’t mind helping you out. You’re the only one who isn’t afraid of me and gives me a chance to show that I am committed to being a part of the crew, just like the stories that were told to me – how a crew is like a family.” “How did you have those stories told to you?” Luca asked. It only caused Sklonda to scrunch up her face in concentration, “I...I’m not sure. You’re going to call me crazy.” Luca gave a grin, “You’re talking to the quirky Mirror on this ship. Try me.” Sklonda sighed, “It’s like a past life when I heard those stories. When I awoke in the Scarred Wasteland, I had some memories. They were blurry and scattered, but it was the stories, the stories of Keala and her crew, that were the clearest in my head. I had to find the crew of the Second Chance, and it was that thought drove me forward through Sornieth. And eventually, I found you….See? Crazy?” But she had Luca’s full attention on her words, with no laughter or ridicule passing from his mouth, “Not crazy, just remarkable.” Sklonda had never told anyone about this, and finally saying it allowed her to let go of the tension and fear she had been holding onto for so long, “Thank you for listening to me.” “I may not be able to fight or intimidate foes like you do, but I am always here to support you when you need it,” Luca said, “We’re good looking out for each other in that way.” “I suppose so,” Sklonda said, feeling something flutter in her chest. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86696712][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=86696712&skin=0&apparel=45170,47014,47019,45167,45183,45178,45162&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] “Hey, what’s with all the chit chat? Did the window get done?” Glan approached, and glowered at Sklonda, “Don’t think I forgot ‘ow ye embarrassed me in front of the cap’n.” But Luca walked forward, blocking her from Glan’s glare, “It’s all done. Sklonda helped, so the work got finished sooner. You can let Keala know we’re ready to ship off if the mast is done.” Glan turned to look at Luca, “It’s done, that’s fer certain. I’ll let the cap’n know. She wants to ship off as fast as possible,” and he left to find Keala. Once he was out of earshot, Luca spoke, “Yeah, I see what you mean. But he’ll warm up to you eventually. He’s more shy than anything, so he usually comes off prickly,” but when he turned towards Sklonda, he was surprised to see her looking annoyed. “I can handle my own fights,” she said, “You don’t have to step in for me.” “I’m sorry. I just thought - ” he said, but Sklonda interrupted, “You thought wrong this time. I’m going to get some air.” She flew to the crow’s nest, leaving Luca confused and hurt. ------------------------------ @Petall @Aquasparky @Reshiramu After some time in the coli, Sklonda, Luca, and Dakila are now level 7. I have a few more food and material pulls to work on, but here is some character build up and lore reveals! Just waiting on a nest to hatch... (are you excited, because I sure am!!!) Do you know that Bituin is a Filipino name that means “star”? And yet, Fetia’s name means “star” too and comes from the Pacific Islands. Perhaps there is some connection? I’ll let you guess, but wanted to share that little bit of detail…
Previous

Chapter 22: An Alliance between Kings

dragon?did=70053540&skin=50203&apparel=50503,744,743&xt=dressing.png

Dakila was adrift, far enough from the carnage to not be seen but close enough to relish in the revenge against the surface dwellers. This was what he wanted to do all those years ago, but his sister and closest advisors advised against it. Just when he was ready to unleash the full might of the sea beast he is now watching, it was his sister that interfered and exiled him from Nan’nalu.

But that was in the past, way in the past, at a time that is now forgotten based on the current king’s reaction to his name. He chuckled. All he desired was time, time to wait for the perfect opportunity to regain power over a kingdom he was meant to rule. The sea sorceress gave him that, but in exchange for his soul. It was a fair trade...especially if it meant he could regain power that he could be leveraged against that very same sea sorceress and persuade her to return his soul.

Grinning, he continued watching the ship in the distance, large tentacles penetrating the surface and grabbing at the sails and crew members alike. The screams could be heard from where he was bobbing on the surface. Once all the sails were broken and the ship was dead in the water, the sea beast lifted its head, its massive body overshadowing the sea craft and the few survivors clinging onto hope to get away.

But no one could escape the sea beast’s wrath. With a mighty flick of its tail, it crashed down on the center of the ship, splitting it in half, and then coiling madly to crush everything else. The ocean bubbled as though it was boiling in the beast’s rage. Then, everything was eerily quiet.

dragon?did=81432233&skin=0&apparel=37886,35203,35215,35198,50221&xt=dressing.png

Dakila saw Tusitala swim up to the beast and wave the trident to indicate that they should both dive below the surface. It was his cue. Dakila intended to finally meet with Tusitala and try to sway him to form an alliance. With the beast being exhausted from the attack, he needn’t worry about being immediately killed.

Once he saw the pair settled on the sea floor, he swam toward them so that Tusitala could clearly see his incoming presence. Still, he remained at a distance to avoid the trident Tusitala was brandishing with a deep frown, “Salutations, King Tusitala. Pleasure to meet you face to face unlike our last encounter. Did you have the chance to think about my offer?”

“So you are Dakila. At least you have the fortitude to finally approach me instead of hiding behind the kelp fields,” Tusitala gave a pregnant pause before continuing, “How do you know of the trident and its connection with this sea beast?”

Dakila smiled wickedly, “I was once a king of Nan’nalu, much like yourself, so I know the secrets of that weapon you are holding.” “How can you be king when all the kings of our past have passed on?” Tusitala responded, never lowering his weapon. “I was exiled for my decision to use the sea beast against the surface dwellers, by my own sister, Bituin.”

Finally a light of recognition reflected in Tusitala’s eyes, “I remember Queen Bituin in my history classes and of the brother she exiled. But that was many years ago and the brother was given no name within the books.” Dakila growled, with his tailing whipping in agitation behind him, “Yes, no doubt my sister would try to hide me completely from history given the embarrassment of exiling her own kin.”

“But that doesn’t explain why you are here. How?” Tusitala asked, his curiosity starting to show. Good, thought Dakila, now we’re getting somewhere. “A sea sorceress gave me the gift of time in exchange for...well, that matters not,” Dakila brushed aside the details, “I want to help you. I see so much of myself in you.” “Of being a traitor to the kingdom?” Tusitala interrupted.

“Of doing what’s right, even when others are too afraid to do it,” Dakila continued, trying to maintain his composure, “You know that you must strike fear into those surface folk in order to keep the kingdom safe, and you would do everything you can to ensure the safety of those you care and love. Am I right?”

Tusitala paused again, his memories of Fetia and his daughters flooding his mind. He was doing all of this for them, wasn’t he? He finally lowered the trident and brought it to his side, “So what is it that you know about the trident that I don’t?”

Dakila chose his next words carefully, “It’s not what you don’t know, but what was kept from you. In order to not have a similar incident in the future, it was decreed after my exile that all texts concerning the trident and its abilities be wiped from the libraries in Nan’nalu. That is, except the one I kept. I’ve been keeping it safe back at my lair. When you are ready to learn more, I will share the text with you, guide you in how to use those abilities, so that you may utilize the full control of the true power of the kingdom of Nan’nalu, as a king rightfully should.”

Tusitala felt excited by this bit of news. He could regain a power long lost to the leaders of Nan’nalu and ensure that it continues to be passed down. This is where he will firmly place his name in the history books and ensure a safety to the kingdom that none before would have even imagined.

“Show me.”

Dakila smiled.

9UVvjEs.png

dragon?did=81155184&skin=0&apparel=369,16235,10962,386,31589,429,423,20568,391&xt=dressing.png

dragon?did=86898681&skin=4936&apparel=50501,10876,47013,47028,47037,12268,47020,47036,47021,47029,336,319,351,716&xt=dressing.png

“There! That should do it,” Luca stepped backwards to admire the special window, “And we did it faster than expected thanks to you help!” He turned back and smile at the Spiral, “You keep coming to my rescue.”

Sklonda turned away in embarrassment, “Well, someone has to help your sorry tail.” Luca looked down sadly, “Yeah, sometimes I get so lost in my excitement and inspiration that I fail to think about all the obstacles and dangers to even get my work done. I’m grateful you are looking out for me. I’m sorry if I’m a bit of hassle to deal with.”

Luca’s words alarmed her, “Wait, I didn’t say you were a hassle or anything like that!” she fumbled for the right words, “and I don’t mind helping you out. You’re the only one who isn’t afraid of me and gives me a chance to show that I am committed to being a part of the crew, just like the stories that were told to me – how a crew is like a family.”

“How did you have those stories told to you?” Luca asked. It only caused Sklonda to scrunch up her face in concentration, “I...I’m not sure. You’re going to call me crazy.” Luca gave a grin, “You’re talking to the quirky Mirror on this ship. Try me.”

Sklonda sighed, “It’s like a past life when I heard those stories. When I awoke in the Scarred Wasteland, I had some memories. They were blurry and scattered, but it was the stories, the stories of Keala and her crew, that were the clearest in my head. I had to find the crew of the Second Chance, and it was that thought drove me forward through Sornieth. And eventually, I found you….See? Crazy?”

But she had Luca’s full attention on her words, with no laughter or ridicule passing from his mouth, “Not crazy, just remarkable.” Sklonda had never told anyone about this, and finally saying it allowed her to let go of the tension and fear she had been holding onto for so long, “Thank you for listening to me.”

“I may not be able to fight or intimidate foes like you do, but I am always here to support you when you need it,” Luca said, “We’re good looking out for each other in that way.”

“I suppose so,” Sklonda said, feeling something flutter in her chest.

dragon?did=86696712&skin=0&apparel=45170,47014,47019,45167,45183,45178,45162&xt=dressing.png

“Hey, what’s with all the chit chat? Did the window get done?” Glan approached, and glowered at Sklonda, “Don’t think I forgot ‘ow ye embarrassed me in front of the cap’n.” But Luca walked forward, blocking her from Glan’s glare, “It’s all done. Sklonda helped, so the work got finished sooner. You can let Keala know we’re ready to ship off if the mast is done.”

Glan turned to look at Luca, “It’s done, that’s fer certain. I’ll let the cap’n know. She wants to ship off as fast as possible,” and he left to find Keala.

Once he was out of earshot, Luca spoke, “Yeah, I see what you mean. But he’ll warm up to you eventually. He’s more shy than anything, so he usually comes off prickly,” but when he turned towards Sklonda, he was surprised to see her looking annoyed. “I can handle my own fights,” she said, “You don’t have to step in for me.”

“I’m sorry. I just thought - ” he said, but Sklonda interrupted, “You thought wrong this time. I’m going to get some air.” She flew to the crow’s nest, leaving Luca confused and hurt.

After some time in the coli, Sklonda, Luca, and Dakila are now level 7. I have a few more food and material pulls to work on, but here is some character build up and lore reveals! Just waiting on a nest to hatch... (are you excited, because I sure am!!!)

Do you know that Bituin is a Filipino name that means “star”? And yet, Fetia’s name means “star” too and comes from the Pacific Islands. Perhaps there is some connection? I’ll let you guess, but wanted to share that little bit of detail…
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 37 38