Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Beneath the Boughs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 249 250
Ahhhh you’re back! <3 This is myriadofstars btw, which is why I didn’t notice this earlier—changed my name.

I’d love to be on the pinglist please! I already adore, well, everyone. (Especially Shale)
Ahhhh you’re back! <3 This is myriadofstars btw, which is why I didn’t notice this earlier—changed my name.

I’d love to be on the pinglist please! I already adore, well, everyone. (Especially Shale)
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@Petall I've missed seeing these! They're very pretty -- Adriel's in particular is my favorite, especially considering the contrast between her appearance and skillset.
@Petall I've missed seeing these! They're very pretty -- Adriel's in particular is my favorite, especially considering the contrast between her appearance and skillset.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@cartographic

Eyyyyy! Good to see you again! Glad to see you were able to find me with the name change and all! Definitely will add you right away and I am glad you are enjoying Shale!

@Disillusionist

Thank you!!! I didn't realize how much I missed making these until i made them! And I must admit, Adriel's was the funnest to make!
@cartographic

Eyyyyy! Good to see you again! Glad to see you were able to find me with the name change and all! Definitely will add you right away and I am glad you are enjoying Shale!

@Disillusionist

Thank you!!! I didn't realize how much I missed making these until i made them! And I must admit, Adriel's was the funnest to make!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Very pretty!! I love all the moodboards you make :D The contrast in Adriel's is also quite interesting, considering she's, well... an assassin?
Very pretty!! I love all the moodboards you make :D The contrast in Adriel's is also quite interesting, considering she's, well... an assassin?
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

The "cliffs ahead" image is honestly really cool. Shale takes the cake on favorite board
The "cliffs ahead" image is honestly really cool. Shale takes the cake on favorite board
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
@Petall

Hey, welcome back, it's nice to see you again. My old user was SkullGeist, if you don't remember. The prologue and moodboards were really nice and I'm excited to see more from this story. Please add me to the pinglist.
@Petall

Hey, welcome back, it's nice to see you again. My old user was SkullGeist, if you don't remember. The prologue and moodboards were really nice and I'm excited to see more from this story. Please add me to the pinglist.
It’s funny how Adriel and Morning are my fav characters since one of them is trying to kill the other but I love how adriels colours match the pan flag and morning is such a precious child
It’s funny how Adriel and Morning are my fav characters since one of them is trying to kill the other but I love how adriels colours match the pan flag and morning is such a precious child
@Tirtouga678

Thank you!!! I feel like Adriel is going to be a very fun character to write!!!

@MisterMylez

Thank you!!! I was very excited to have found it!!!

@Calyrex

Eyyyy!!! Good to see you again!!! I'll add you to the pinglist right away!

@Wufflesnuff

Omg, I adore that those are your two favourite characters!!! Also, I was very excited when I realized, after deciding to make her pan, that she is the perfect colours for that!
@Tirtouga678

Thank you!!! I feel like Adriel is going to be a very fun character to write!!!

@MisterMylez

Thank you!!! I was very excited to have found it!!!

@Calyrex

Eyyyy!!! Good to see you again!!! I'll add you to the pinglist right away!

@Wufflesnuff

Omg, I adore that those are your two favourite characters!!! Also, I was very excited when I realized, after deciding to make her pan, that she is the perfect colours for that!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/3#post_49653681]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 2: A Watcher[/u][/b] [item=yellow-frilled eel] Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73279407][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=73279407&skin=0&apparel=716,18813,25044,293,494&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] It made the most sense for Shale to take up the hunting while he was staying. For one, it gave Sage an excuse to not leave her charge. Secondly, it made sure the mirror got a lot of exercise to stave off the wanderlust. Shale had to admit it was working quite nicely. It definitely did not to take long to gather plants for Morning to eat, not in the nature flight, but catching enough meat to feed himself and a full-grown guardian was a bigger task. He was on his way back from a hunt, a large stag on his back, when all of a sudden he picked up on something strange. It was not his seeing eyes that told him this, but the thermal eyes - something long and dragon-shaped seemed to be near. Immediately he flared into defensive mode, dropping the stag behind a tree so he would not be hindered by its weight. Shale then carefully stepped towards the thick undergrowth, trying to sense what exactly it was that was watching him. All of a sudden, his seeing eyes met with two large, swirling cyan eyes. Staring at them head on made him feel dizzy, but he dared not break eye contact. "Who goes there, what are you doing here?" Shale asked, but as soon as the question left his mouth, he blinked, and there was nothing. Anxious to know where the watcher had gone, Shale tore into the undergrowth, trying to find the dragon he was sure he had made eye contact with. His claws fell on empty branches and leaves, however. When his feet met the ground again, he felt something small, thin and long between his front claws. A yellow-frilled eel. A dead yellow-frilled eel. Shale let out a growl of frustration. It was far enough away from the river that there was no way it ended up here naturally. He remembered an old fairy tale from his hatchlinghood about how the first spirals evolved from these eels. Nothing more than a tale of course, the Windsinger was responsible for that, but a fun story nonetheless. Was this a warning? A decoy? Regardless, Shale knew better than to trust food just lying around waiting to be taken, despite how delicious it looked. Wanting to make sure no one else encountered a potentially dangerous food source, Shale quickly dug a hole and buried it inside. Then he returned to his stag, hefting it onto his back again, and then made his way back towards The Refuge. Sage should know another dragon was nearby. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/f1526f49c21fb590bee11d09e7a05273/f97fee097906a63c-1b/s540x810/4554ac37d6579876f2dede97d4dda887007b85b2.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37364871][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=37364871&skin=0&apparel=27355,18030,25797,25793,25792,25794,1748&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] So, the mirror was clever in the ways of survival. Adriel had expected as much, but she had to test the waters before acting. She was certain this was where the Pox Consulate hatchling had ended up, she just needed to know what defences it held. All that said, it would have been mighty convenient if the mirror had fallen for her trap and been poisoned so easily. However, Adriel wasn't disappointed. It meant she could try much more [i]fun[/i] approaches. She would have to work more on her hypno-gaze, it clearly needed work. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/5#post_49687618]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Drachenschwinge @Dynami @Leopardmask @Sabariel @BarbaraFett @Disillusionist @Dakala @Wufflesnuff @Tirtouga678 @chippertowns @Aetherstorm @MisterMylez @cartographic[/center] ----- So, first day in the Coli, so soon! I just took Sage and Shale because Morning is too young and Adriel is automatically exempt due to being fully levelled already. All went well, both are level 4, there were no close calls. I got some cool drops - namely a gaoler phantom gene (which I couldn't apply to anyone because I have no gaolers) and the vial of hypnotic sight! I decided Adriel would be a good fit for hypnotic eyes, which meant I got to enact my rule of being allowed to apply any drops I get while on pinkerton-mandated coli rounds! I didn't expect to be able to use it so soon!!!

Day 2: A Watcher
Yellow-Frilled Eel
Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles

dragon?did=73279407&skin=0&apparel=716,18813,25044,293,494&xt=dressing.png

It made the most sense for Shale to take up the hunting while he was staying. For one, it gave Sage an excuse to not leave her charge. Secondly, it made sure the mirror got a lot of exercise to stave off the wanderlust. Shale had to admit it was working quite nicely. It definitely did not to take long to gather plants for Morning to eat, not in the nature flight, but catching enough meat to feed himself and a full-grown guardian was a bigger task.

He was on his way back from a hunt, a large stag on his back, when all of a sudden he picked up on something strange. It was not his seeing eyes that told him this, but the thermal eyes - something long and dragon-shaped seemed to be near.

Immediately he flared into defensive mode, dropping the stag behind a tree so he would not be hindered by its weight. Shale then carefully stepped towards the thick undergrowth, trying to sense what exactly it was that was watching him.

All of a sudden, his seeing eyes met with two large, swirling cyan eyes. Staring at them head on made him feel dizzy, but he dared not break eye contact.

"Who goes there, what are you doing here?" Shale asked, but as soon as the question left his mouth, he blinked, and there was nothing.

Anxious to know where the watcher had gone, Shale tore into the undergrowth, trying to find the dragon he was sure he had made eye contact with. His claws fell on empty branches and leaves, however. When his feet met the ground again, he felt something small, thin and long between his front claws.

A yellow-frilled eel. A dead yellow-frilled eel.

Shale let out a growl of frustration. It was far enough away from the river that there was no way it ended up here naturally. He remembered an old fairy tale from his hatchlinghood about how the first spirals evolved from these eels. Nothing more than a tale of course, the Windsinger was responsible for that, but a fun story nonetheless.

Was this a warning? A decoy? Regardless, Shale knew better than to trust food just lying around waiting to be taken, despite how delicious it looked.

Wanting to make sure no one else encountered a potentially dangerous food source, Shale quickly dug a hole and buried it inside. Then he returned to his stag, hefting it onto his back again, and then made his way back towards The Refuge. Sage should know another dragon was nearby.

4554ac37d6579876f2dede97d4dda887007b85b2.png

dragon?did=37364871&skin=0&apparel=27355,18030,25797,25793,25792,25794,1748&xt=dressing.png

So, the mirror was clever in the ways of survival. Adriel had expected as much, but she had to test the waters before acting. She was certain this was where the Pox Consulate hatchling had ended up, she just needed to know what defences it held.

All that said, it would have been mighty convenient if the mirror had fallen for her trap and been poisoned so easily. However, Adriel wasn't disappointed. It meant she could try much more fun approaches.

She would have to work more on her hypno-gaze, it clearly needed work.

So, first day in the Coli, so soon! I just took Sage and Shale because Morning is too young and Adriel is automatically exempt due to being fully levelled already. All went well, both are level 4, there were no close calls. I got some cool drops - namely a gaoler phantom gene (which I couldn't apply to anyone because I have no gaolers) and the vial of hypnotic sight! I decided Adriel would be a good fit for hypnotic eyes, which meant I got to enact my rule of being allowed to apply any drops I get while on pinkerton-mandated coli rounds! I didn't expect to be able to use it so soon!!!
Only just now realized that Adriel has Spiral eyes. What a unique way of tying that feature into her abilities!
Only just now realized that Adriel has Spiral eyes. What a unique way of tying that feature into her abilities!
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 249 250