Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Beneath the Boughs
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 249 250
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/5#post_49687618]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 4: Unexpected Help[/u][/b] [item=andesine] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73734606][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2149676&skin=0&apparel=30204,30205,21803,21804,21809,21806&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [i]Someone's here...[/i] The voice jolted Sage awake. She had not realized that she had fallen asleep while enjoying the sun underneath the branches of The Refuge. She had not meant to, not while Shale and Morning were out hunting. Shale had been determined to take the growing tundra out more often ever since his frightening adventure. Was the spiral he had seen here now? "Friend or foe?" She whispered into the leaves. "We have not seen them before" with this response, a nature sprite descended from the trees, touching their nose to Sage's in greeting. This is how she and the tree communicated, through one of its more magical guardians. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/3643.png[/img][/center] "Then I will be on my guard. You hide where you'll be safe, Refuge." Sage nodded to the sprite. The sprite just laughed. "You worry too much, my protector. Don't you get lonely sometimes? Don't you want to try to make more friends instead of scaring everyone off? I have plenty of room under my branches!" "It would go against my sworn duty to let my guard down too soon," Sage reminded Refuge, wondering why they were so easily trusting. They were even more in danger, now that they were harbouring a fugitive. Almost as if Refuge had read her find, they spoke up again. "It's been nice having more dragons around," Refuge sighed. "Are you sure Shale and Morning have to go?" "It won't be safe here forever, we already assume one dragon is going after Morning, there could be more. Besides, I don't want you getting hurt in the fray." Sage grumbled. Why was Refuge pushing so many buttons today? "I have stood for centuries before you were born and I will stand for centuries after you pass. A little bit of plague magic can't hurt me. I just worry about you, that's all," Refuge softened. Sage rolled her eyes. "Worry all you want, I've got this covered, I can look out for myself. Now, where is the newcomer?" Refuge pointed to the west, just as an imperial wandered in, looking around the clearing with awe. In that moment, Refuge disappeared into the foliage. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73747671][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=73747671&skin=36039&apparel=23109,23108,23093&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Can I help you?" Sage got to her feet, a growl on the tip of her tongue. "You are on sacred ground." "Oh, sorry, I didn't want to intrude. I just wanted to warn the dragons in the area about a dangerous dragon nearby. My name is Alps, and my pronouns are they/them. I don't suppose you've seen a young plague dragon around, probably recently left hatchlinghood, no biological parents present?" The imperial asked, holding themself with confidence dispute their apologetic approach. "Aren't you from lightning? Don't tell me plague prejudice has spread all the way over there," Sage rolled her eyes. "They aren't any more dangerous than any other." "Oh, goodness no! I didn't mean to imply-" Now the imperial was thrown off their rhythm. "I just wanted to let you know because whoever it is is in grave danger! There's an assassin nearby, a powerful one too! She won't stop at anything to get what she wants, and she is very good at acting innocent. So, if you see a colourful spiral, don't trust her." Sage narrowed her eyes. "We've seen a dragon like that around, swirling eyes?" "Yeah, the swirling eyes are a new development, she didn't have them when-" Alps suddenly grew embarrassed. "Hold up, do you two have a history?" Sage asked. "We used to date, before I realized we had completely different values. This was years ago, ancient history now." They laughed awkwardly. "I just don't want to see anyone getting hurt. We have to end this war between nature and plague somehow, before even more lives are lost meaninglessly." Sage regarded the imperial, trying to decide whether or not she could trust them. They didn't seem to be threatening, but appearances could be deceiving. "Woah! What kind of dragon is that?" [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73985412][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2149690&skin=0&apparel=1548,1704,28149&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Morning bounded up to the imperial, giving them a huge sniff. "See! I told you I smelled someone new!" The tundra turned back to Shale, beaming brightly with pride. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73279407][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=73279407&skin=0&apparel=716,18813,25044,293,494&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Sage watched as Alps regarded the kid, and saw the looks of surprise then they met his eyes. "Oh, this is not good," Alps murmured. "She's close, she's really close." "What does that mean?" Sage snapped, suddenly growing in concern. "What are we talking about?" Shale sauntered up, curiosity etched on his face. "Yeah! Why does everyone seem so serious?" Morning's head tilted to the side as he asked. "I think it might be best if I stay for a while, if you'll have me," Alps offered. "Once this fella is discovered, you're gonna have a whole lot more than Adriel raining down on you." "Mom? Dad? What's he talking about?" Morning asked, suddenly concerned. Sage and Shale made eye contact and she could tell he was thinking the same thing. Morning's time of innocence was over. The sooner he knew the truth, the better. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/7#post_49702783]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center] @Drachenschwinge @Dynami @Leopardmask @Sabariel @BarbaraFett @Disillusionist @Dakala @Wufflesnuff @Tirtouga678 @chippertowns @Aetherstorm @MisterMylez @cartographic [/center] ----- I won Alps in the Secret Santa Daily Dragon raffle, and so they get automatically added to the 'locke under dragons received in special conditions rules! Also, because they are the first dragon I have gotten outside of my 'progens' and Adriel, Alps is going to be a founder of my alphabet legacy challenge! Which means they are going to be immune to death (and on the occasion they faint in Coli, I must roll for someone else to die in their place) until they have gone on the nest for the B generation. Also, I was on hiatus when koi came out as a gene and GOSH is it PRETTY!!!

Day 4: Unexpected Help
Andesine
Sentence: Writing

scry?sdid=2149676&skin=0&apparel=30204,30205,21803,21804,21809,21806&xt=dressing.png

Someone's here...

The voice jolted Sage awake. She had not realized that she had fallen asleep while enjoying the sun underneath the branches of The Refuge. She had not meant to, not while Shale and Morning were out hunting. Shale had been determined to take the growing tundra out more often ever since his frightening adventure. Was the spiral he had seen here now?

"Friend or foe?" She whispered into the leaves.

"We have not seen them before" with this response, a nature sprite descended from the trees, touching their nose to Sage's in greeting. This is how she and the tree communicated, through one of its more magical guardians.
3643.png

"Then I will be on my guard. You hide where you'll be safe, Refuge." Sage nodded to the sprite.

The sprite just laughed. "You worry too much, my protector. Don't you get lonely sometimes? Don't you want to try to make more friends instead of scaring everyone off? I have plenty of room under my branches!"

"It would go against my sworn duty to let my guard down too soon," Sage reminded Refuge, wondering why they were so easily trusting. They were even more in danger, now that they were harbouring a fugitive.

Almost as if Refuge had read her find, they spoke up again.

"It's been nice having more dragons around," Refuge sighed. "Are you sure Shale and Morning have to go?"

"It won't be safe here forever, we already assume one dragon is going after Morning, there could be more. Besides, I don't want you getting hurt in the fray." Sage grumbled. Why was Refuge pushing so many buttons today?

"I have stood for centuries before you were born and I will stand for centuries after you pass. A little bit of plague magic can't hurt me. I just worry about you, that's all," Refuge softened.

Sage rolled her eyes. "Worry all you want, I've got this covered, I can look out for myself. Now, where is the newcomer?"

Refuge pointed to the west, just as an imperial wandered in, looking around the clearing with awe. In that moment, Refuge disappeared into the foliage.
dragon?did=73747671&skin=36039&apparel=23109,23108,23093&xt=dressing.png

"Can I help you?" Sage got to her feet, a growl on the tip of her tongue. "You are on sacred ground."

"Oh, sorry, I didn't want to intrude. I just wanted to warn the dragons in the area about a dangerous dragon nearby. My name is Alps, and my pronouns are they/them. I don't suppose you've seen a young plague dragon around, probably recently left hatchlinghood, no biological parents present?" The imperial asked, holding themself with confidence dispute their apologetic approach.

"Aren't you from lightning? Don't tell me plague prejudice has spread all the way over there," Sage rolled her eyes. "They aren't any more dangerous than any other."

"Oh, goodness no! I didn't mean to imply-" Now the imperial was thrown off their rhythm. "I just wanted to let you know because whoever it is is in grave danger! There's an assassin nearby, a powerful one too! She won't stop at anything to get what she wants, and she is very good at acting innocent. So, if you see a colourful spiral, don't trust her."

Sage narrowed her eyes. "We've seen a dragon like that around, swirling eyes?"

"Yeah, the swirling eyes are a new development, she didn't have them when-" Alps suddenly grew embarrassed.

"Hold up, do you two have a history?" Sage asked.

"We used to date, before I realized we had completely different values. This was years ago, ancient history now." They laughed awkwardly. "I just don't want to see anyone getting hurt. We have to end this war between nature and plague somehow, before even more lives are lost meaninglessly."

Sage regarded the imperial, trying to decide whether or not she could trust them. They didn't seem to be threatening, but appearances could be deceiving.

"Woah! What kind of dragon is that?"
scry?sdid=2149690&skin=0&apparel=1548,1704,28149&xt=dressing.png

Morning bounded up to the imperial, giving them a huge sniff. "See! I told you I smelled someone new!" The tundra turned back to Shale, beaming brightly with pride.
dragon?did=73279407&skin=0&apparel=716,18813,25044,293,494&xt=dressing.png

Sage watched as Alps regarded the kid, and saw the looks of surprise then they met his eyes.

"Oh, this is not good," Alps murmured. "She's close, she's really close."

"What does that mean?" Sage snapped, suddenly growing in concern.

"What are we talking about?" Shale sauntered up, curiosity etched on his face.

"Yeah! Why does everyone seem so serious?" Morning's head tilted to the side as he asked.

"I think it might be best if I stay for a while, if you'll have me," Alps offered. "Once this fella is discovered, you're gonna have a whole lot more than Adriel raining down on you."

"Mom? Dad? What's he talking about?" Morning asked, suddenly concerned.

Sage and Shale made eye contact and she could tell he was thinking the same thing. Morning's time of innocence was over. The sooner he knew the truth, the better.

I won Alps in the Secret Santa Daily Dragon raffle, and so they get automatically added to the 'locke under dragons received in special conditions rules! Also, because they are the first dragon I have gotten outside of my 'progens' and Adriel, Alps is going to be a founder of my alphabet legacy challenge! Which means they are going to be immune to death (and on the occasion they faint in Coli, I must roll for someone else to die in their place) until they have gone on the nest for the B generation.

Also, I was on hiatus when koi came out as a gene and GOSH is it PRETTY!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@petall aw thankyou! Also I’m loving the drama going on here with alps and adriel :p
@petall aw thankyou! Also I’m loving the drama going on here with alps and adriel :p
@Petall Oooohh, Alps is gorgeous! And with those colors, I'm not surprised they and Adriel used to date. xD

Love Morning's outfit! He looks like a chill dude. Definitely someone it'd be easy to hang out and shoot the breeze with.
@Petall Oooohh, Alps is gorgeous! And with those colors, I'm not surprised they and Adriel used to date. xD

Love Morning's outfit! He looks like a chill dude. Definitely someone it'd be easy to hang out and shoot the breeze with.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Oooh!
Oooh!
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Wufflesnuff Oh, I am going to have a heck of a lot of fun playing around with the dynamic between the two of them... @Disillusionist I must admit, I did scry their offspring out of curiosity, and they are rather pretty! Definitely! Chill and easy to pull together in the middle of a forest with no shops around was exactly what I was going for! @Leopardmask [emoji=imperial laughing size=2]
@Wufflesnuff

Oh, I am going to have a heck of a lot of fun playing around with the dynamic between the two of them...

@Disillusionist

I must admit, I did scry their offspring out of curiosity, and they are rather pretty!

Definitely! Chill and easy to pull together in the middle of a forest with no shops around was exactly what I was going for!

@Leopardmask

b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
I didn't get to finish my message due to maintenance, but Alps is actually beautiful. I wasn't here when Koi released either, and I can definitely agree that it's got good colors.

Oh yeah, here's something that I've been wondering but hadn't gotten to ask before you returned. I've been on-and-off considering starting a new pinkerlocke, and I was wondering if I could take a page from your book in the randomized theme songs.
I didn't get to finish my message due to maintenance, but Alps is actually beautiful. I wasn't here when Koi released either, and I can definitely agree that it's got good colors.

Oh yeah, here's something that I've been wondering but hadn't gotten to ask before you returned. I've been on-and-off considering starting a new pinkerlocke, and I was wondering if I could take a page from your book in the randomized theme songs.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
@MisterMylez

It's stunning! I hope I'm able to pass it on to many many generations!!!

Oh yeah, absolutely, go for it!!! I wouldn't say the randomized songs are solely my idea, anyone can go for it!
@MisterMylez

It's stunning! I hope I'm able to pass it on to many many generations!!!

Oh yeah, absolutely, go for it!!! I wouldn't say the randomized songs are solely my idea, anyone can go for it!
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/7#post_49695681]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 5: Encounter[/u][/b] [item=ash logs] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73747671][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=73747671&skin=36039&apparel=23109,23108,23093&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73985412][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2149690&skin=0&apparel=1548,1704,28149&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Why?" Morning asked, not for the first time since he and Alps had left the clearing for a walk. Alps sighed. War was complex, and horrifying. It stripped dragons of their humanity, both in the acts it asked people to commit, and the way it painted one's view of the enemy. How could they explain it to a young dragon who had just found out he himself was the centerpiece of such a conflict, carrying the future of two flights on his shoulders. It was too big a weight for him to carry, and they wanted to find a way to carry it for him. "Plague and Nature have had a rift as old as the Gladekeeper and Plaguebringer itself. Some dragons can't see past that. The world is easier to digest if morality is black and white, and some dragons are painted the epitome of good while others are the epitome of evil. It gets worse when both sides thinks the other is the evil one. This worldview gets so ingrained in them that they simply cannot see that the dragons on the other sides are just as much a person as they are. They just look at the colour of their eyes, and think that speaks to an unshakable nature." Alps explained. "That's why dragons like us fight, even if we don't like war or fighting. Because above all, all dragons should be considered people, no one should be hated just because they exist." "I didn't ask for this, I didn't ask to be born, why do I have to deal with this now?" Morning grumbled. "Everyone is born into their own burdens. Unfortunately, some are bigger than others. But the good news is that you are not alone. You have your parents, you have me. And there will be other dragons who rally around us. Just as plague as a whole is not evil on its own, neither is nature. We just all have certain prejudices to overcome. Everyone has their own assumptions and biases, and sometimes they are wrong, and we have to unlearn them. Some dragons catch on earlier than others." "It still sucks," Morning growled, kicking a stone with his paw. "I know, and its allowed to suck. You are allowed to be angry about it," Alps said. "Sometimes that's all we can do, is let ourselves feel it, in all of its strength." "Well, well, well, I didn't expect to wander into this sight," A voice rose from nearby as a spiral dragon rose from the undergrowth, body twisting around itself, into and out of constant knots. Her eyes swirled in a hypnotic pattern. Alps recognized her instantly. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37364871][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=37364871&skin=0&apparel=27355,18030,25797,25793,25792,25794,1748&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Adriel," they growled, moving in front of Morning protectively and looking down at the much smaller dragon. "Oh, don't be like that. I know we didn't end on good terms, but that doesn't mean we can't be happy to see each other," The spiral smirked. "Who's your friend?" "Cut with the pleasantries, Adriel, I know what you're after, and you can't have him," Alps bared his teeth in warning. "Relax, I'm not going to do anything... yet." Adriel rolled her eyes, which was more disorienting now that her eyes has changed. "Just wanted to connect with an old friend, and perhaps make a new one. I haven't made my mind up about anything yet, I like to get to know my clients first." "You mean target," Alps cocked an eyebrow. "If you want to be specific, then yeah," Adriel shook her head, "But why be so morbid about it? It sure puts a damper on things." "Do you even know what it is you are a part of?" Alps asked. "What's at stake here? This is not just about one innocent dragon's life this time, it's about thousands of innocent lives in both flights." "I'm not stupid, I am aware of the stakes," Adriel narrowed her eyes, growing serious for the first time this interaction. "Anyways, if you don't want to trust me, that's your right. I wouldn't trust me either. I just didn't know you have grown so [i]boring[/i] since we broke up. I guess it's good we broke up when we did, if this is what I would have been stuck with." "We have different ideas of what we want in life, you know that," Alps said quietly, the poison in her voice stabbing them through the heart like a knife. "This is always where we were going to end up." "Different sides of a war?! Really?! You saw that?" Adriel laughed. "That's actually pretty impressive. I've got to give you that one." She straightened herself out and began flying away. "I'm going to be in the area for a while if you want to talk at some point. I'm sure I'll see you both around. That goes for you too, Morning. I'd love to share a cup of tea with you someday and get to know you." Alps could think of no response as they watched her go. "[i]That's[/i] your ex?" Morning asked. "Yeah," Alps admitted. "I can kinda see it," Morning grinned. "I bet you were cute together. Apart from the whole her killing people for a living thing." "Yeah, that's a bit of a dealbreaker," Alps admitted. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/9#post_49711018]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Drachenschwinge @Dynami @Leopardmask @Sabariel @BarbaraFett @Disillusionist @Dakala @Wufflesnuff @Tirtouga678 @chippertowns @Aetherstorm @MisterMylez @cartographic @Calyrex[/center] ----- I love these two more than words can say. Alps and Adriel that is.

Day 5: Encounter
Ash Logs
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=73747671&skin=36039&apparel=23109,23108,23093&xt=dressing.png
scry?sdid=2149690&skin=0&apparel=1548,1704,28149&xt=dressing.png

"Why?" Morning asked, not for the first time since he and Alps had left the clearing for a walk.

Alps sighed. War was complex, and horrifying. It stripped dragons of their humanity, both in the acts it asked people to commit, and the way it painted one's view of the enemy. How could they explain it to a young dragon who had just found out he himself was the centerpiece of such a conflict, carrying the future of two flights on his shoulders. It was too big a weight for him to carry, and they wanted to find a way to carry it for him.

"Plague and Nature have had a rift as old as the Gladekeeper and Plaguebringer itself. Some dragons can't see past that. The world is easier to digest if morality is black and white, and some dragons are painted the epitome of good while others are the epitome of evil. It gets worse when both sides thinks the other is the evil one. This worldview gets so ingrained in them that they simply cannot see that the dragons on the other sides are just as much a person as they are. They just look at the colour of their eyes, and think that speaks to an unshakable nature." Alps explained. "That's why dragons like us fight, even if we don't like war or fighting. Because above all, all dragons should be considered people, no one should be hated just because they exist."

"I didn't ask for this, I didn't ask to be born, why do I have to deal with this now?" Morning grumbled.

"Everyone is born into their own burdens. Unfortunately, some are bigger than others. But the good news is that you are not alone. You have your parents, you have me. And there will be other dragons who rally around us. Just as plague as a whole is not evil on its own, neither is nature. We just all have certain prejudices to overcome. Everyone has their own assumptions and biases, and sometimes they are wrong, and we have to unlearn them. Some dragons catch on earlier than others."

"It still sucks," Morning growled, kicking a stone with his paw.

"I know, and its allowed to suck. You are allowed to be angry about it," Alps said. "Sometimes that's all we can do, is let ourselves feel it, in all of its strength."

"Well, well, well, I didn't expect to wander into this sight," A voice rose from nearby as a spiral dragon rose from the undergrowth, body twisting around itself, into and out of constant knots. Her eyes swirled in a hypnotic pattern. Alps recognized her instantly.
dragon?did=37364871&skin=0&apparel=27355,18030,25797,25793,25792,25794,1748&xt=dressing.png

"Adriel," they growled, moving in front of Morning protectively and looking down at the much smaller dragon.

"Oh, don't be like that. I know we didn't end on good terms, but that doesn't mean we can't be happy to see each other," The spiral smirked. "Who's your friend?"

"Cut with the pleasantries, Adriel, I know what you're after, and you can't have him," Alps bared his teeth in warning.

"Relax, I'm not going to do anything... yet." Adriel rolled her eyes, which was more disorienting now that her eyes has changed. "Just wanted to connect with an old friend, and perhaps make a new one. I haven't made my mind up about anything yet, I like to get to know my clients first."

"You mean target," Alps cocked an eyebrow.

"If you want to be specific, then yeah," Adriel shook her head, "But why be so morbid about it? It sure puts a damper on things."

"Do you even know what it is you are a part of?" Alps asked. "What's at stake here? This is not just about one innocent dragon's life this time, it's about thousands of innocent lives in both flights."

"I'm not stupid, I am aware of the stakes," Adriel narrowed her eyes, growing serious for the first time this interaction. "Anyways, if you don't want to trust me, that's your right. I wouldn't trust me either. I just didn't know you have grown so boring since we broke up. I guess it's good we broke up when we did, if this is what I would have been stuck with."

"We have different ideas of what we want in life, you know that," Alps said quietly, the poison in her voice stabbing them through the heart like a knife. "This is always where we were going to end up."

"Different sides of a war?! Really?! You saw that?" Adriel laughed. "That's actually pretty impressive. I've got to give you that one." She straightened herself out and began flying away. "I'm going to be in the area for a while if you want to talk at some point. I'm sure I'll see you both around. That goes for you too, Morning. I'd love to share a cup of tea with you someday and get to know you."

Alps could think of no response as they watched her go.

"That's your ex?" Morning asked.

"Yeah," Alps admitted.

"I can kinda see it," Morning grinned. "I bet you were cute together. Apart from the whole her killing people for a living thing."

"Yeah, that's a bit of a dealbreaker," Alps admitted.

I love these two more than words can say. Alps and Adriel that is.
Oh wow, Alps and Adriel have a really interesting dynamic. I'm not really sure what Adriel's plans are but she does have a rather... unique way of doing things ^^"
Oh wow, Alps and Adriel have a really interesting dynamic. I'm not really sure what Adriel's plans are but she does have a rather... unique way of doing things ^^"
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Tirtouga678

I'm going to have a heck of a lot of fun continuing to write this dynamic, and writing Adriel as a whole!
@Tirtouga678

I'm going to have a heck of a lot of fun continuing to write this dynamic, and writing Adriel as a whole!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 249 250