Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Beyond the Shroud - [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/41#post_44368826]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 32: A Plan[/u][/b] [item=contrast rogue gloves] Sentence: Breed/Scroll/Adopt a Dragon[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61774797][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Enser had barely slept in a month, and Ifor was getting worried. Ever since Eigrigg's death, the wildclaw had been insistent on finding the monster that killed her, but none of his searching yielded any results. Now, it was drawing close to the end of the year, and he was growing more antsy. He kept saying that the monsters appeared in a cycle, that Talfan's lion must have heralded its arrival the same way his Snippers had, and that time was running out. His performance was suffering in his classes, but Enser didn't seem to care. Ifor had done what she could to help him between her own classes. (Magiere was better than the previous year, but was still difficult to work with). But even she was beginning to lose hope. She was beginning to wonder if it all was worth it, if he was running himself into the ground like this. Thankfully, Ifor had been able to enlist Midnight and Sasha's help. The imperial was less than pleased to turn from his own pursuit of learning, but Sasha had talked him into it. Ifor wasn't sure what it was, but he had a soft spot for the pearlcatcher. They got along very well, and he seemed to have more patience for her than for anyone else. Maybe it was just the way they were able to talk for hours about some mundane theoretical topic. When they got going, Ifor could hardly understand what they were talking about. [center][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61530375][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61530375&skin=0&apparel=30549,17914,17887,17903&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62740265][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=62740265&skin=0&apparel=6269,24248,20849&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center][/center] "We've got it narrowed down to two potentials," Midnight explained as Ifor dropped in to check on them one afternoon. He and Sasha had made regular trips to the Starwhisper Crescent library in the hopes that the towns proximity to the portal would allow for some stock of information about the beasts that emerged from it. "It seems to be one of the leons," Sasha added. "There are two varieties in the Forbidden Portal - the medusa leon and the deeprealm leon." "Not much is known about either, but the medusa leon was so named because it turns creatures it encounters to stone, which makes it unlikely that this is the one that killed Eigrigg," Midnight said. "But we don't want to write it off entirely, because it matches the tracks Enser found, and the marks on her body." "Great, thank you both, I'll pass that on to Enser," Ifor vowed. [i]If I can find him.[/i] "No problem! This stuff fascinates me, so if you can find more about this portal and these creatures, let me know!" Sasha beamed. "Maybe, if you succeed in your fight, you can bring me back a trophy of some sort! Like a tentacle or eyeball or something!" Midnight wrinkled his nose. "Ew, gross!" "Hey, buddy, you're going to have to get a lot more comfortable with gross body stuff if you want to be a healer," Sasha reminded her friend. "You should hear half the stories Belria has to tell me!" Belria was Sasha's new teacher. She had been hired in Eigrigg's place a couple months ago, and the pearlcatcher seemed to be in rapt awe of her. The wildclaw clearly had lots of experience dealing with powerful and dangerous magic. Sasha never said what exactly they learned, but her eyes were always gleaming with excitement and hidden knowledge whenever she returned to their shared dorm after a day of classes. Ifor wished she could find that same passion with Magiere, it was hard not to be jealous sometimes. Ifor grinned weakly. "I'll leave the two of you to get back to your homework." "What about your homework?" Midnight asked, though Ifor knew he already knew the answer. He was asking to make a point. "You know Magiere is too lazy to assign any," Ifor reminded him. "And Enser won't be able to get back to my evening lessons until this beast is dead." [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/0fedefe284e730eba9ef7fd934762f1c/tumblr_inline_o25fuv277c1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61825965][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61825965&skin=0&apparel=35010,6027,6031&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] It was the early hours of the morning when Enser finally got in. Ifor had almost fallen asleep many times waiting for him. She had no idea where he had been, but she was glad to see him to pass on Midnight and Sasha's finding. "You should be asleep," Enser narrowed his eyes as he caught sight of Ifor's form on a large couch. The enchanted pink fire was crackling low in the hearth. "So should you," Ifor shot back. "You're going to meet Eigrigg's fate if you tire yourself out this much before you encounter it." "We're running out of time," Enser mumbled. "So you've said," Ifor narrowed her eyes back. "Why are you so set on this though? Why you? Is it not enough to focus on your studies? Why are you so obsessed with the portal?" "I can't tell you," Enser sighed, turning to go up the stairs to get what sleep he could before waking early to continue his search. "Bull-," Ifor called him out, attaching a rather unsavoury word to the prefix. That was enough to get the wildclaw to stop in his tracks. "I don't know if I've ever heard you swear before," Enser looked almost proud. "I'll say it again, if that's what it takes to get your attention," Ifor let her frustration spill out, grateful that she had the type of friendship with the wildclaw that would allow her to be this blunt and open. "You've been getting bold this year," Enser was clearly impressed. "Yeah, well you better listen then," Ifor growled. "You don't have to do this on your own, okay? Whatever this crazy quest of yours is, it's killing you. What's worth that? Seriously? At this rate, you're going to end up like Talfan, and I'm sure that's a place you don't want to be." "I'm looking for my mom," Enser admitted. That was not the answer Ifor was expecting, and she found herself staring at him in a stunned silence. "She went missing, before I was born. My dad said that she had discovered a strange portal to some other dimensional plane, and was so driven by fascination with it that she just... left." Enser explained. "He always said she'd be back, but she never was. I have to know what drove her to such an extreme departure. I have to find her, and to find out if it really was worth it." "Wow, Enser, I'm so sorry, I had no idea," Ifor breathed. "Eh," The wildclaw shrugged. "I grew up well enough. My sister and I had our Dad. There was a whole school surrounding us. I never really felt alone. I just want to meet her, you know?" Ifor thought back to her own family, so far away. She missed them like hell, but she knew where they were, and that they were okay. She wrote letters to them regularly. She couldn't imagine [i]not[/i] knowing. "Well, let me help you. Please, you can't keep doing this on your own," Ifor offered. "I already got some information from Midnight and Sasha about what it is we're facing. If we can find out where it is-" "Oh, I know. I know where it is too," Enser said in a sudden burst of anger. "Talfan's been hiding it under his nose the whole time. My nephew recently moved to the area, and apparently he had an encounter with it, and it was dragged away by the ridgeback who works for the tavern. Now, I'd say that's a pretty easy description to fit." "But he would have killed it, right? He seemed pretty upset about Eigrigg, I thought that might shake some sense into him," Ifor offered. "This is Talfan we're talking about," Enser rolled his eyes. "I don't know what he wants with the portal, but he's not going to give up so easily. No, this is the worst case scenario. The only reason I came back was to get some sleep before going out and strangling the life out of him and that beast." "I'm coming too," Ifor repeated. "You can't do this alone." "And there's nothing I can say that will make you stay?" Enser gave her a pleading look. "Nope!" Ifor grinned. "You're stuck with me as your monster-hunting partner for life!" "Heh," Enser smirked. "I like the sound of that. Alright. We leave at noon. We're going to need all the energy we can get. I hope you don't mind skipping class." "Oh, half the time Magiere skips them anyways, we'll be fine," Ifor shrugged. Enser grimaced. "We've really gotta get you a better teacher." ----- [center]@CleverDual @Leopardmask @Sabariel @Drachenschwinge @Autumnus @GrinningWolf24 @Glassowary @CleverTrick @Stormlark @Dakala @Moonweaverr @Tirtouga678 @unicorn9 @Disillusionist @catmeow1 @Tynethyne @SkullGeist @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @Tiffkaboo @secretlylying @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @Aetherstorm @VeniVidiVici @YakileBekrea @MeepBoie400 @CorvvusCorax @WeaverofLies @myriadofstars @HauntedWhale @slp0001 @amxndael @Solaristigres @NovaBorn @Darkmoonbreeder[/center] ----- I don't know what it is with all the apparel pulls lately, but I'm glad our teacher/student ratio is back to what it should be! There wasn't any good way to introduce Belria in the flesh today, but maybe we can get a teacher scene in soon, and give Mia a proper introduction as well. Here's some more lovely art done by @Tirtouga678 , of baby Iapetos! [center][img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-I2r42UA7Kqk/Xzx1m3kiw5I/AAAAAAAAAM4/H1QoJ2llSs0ZHWIs5RpnNAMDhZtOmG-MQCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2020-08-18.jpg[/img][/center] [center][img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--2ownCMgs5U/Xzx1l8_tzsI/AAAAAAAAAMw/_3MokJ10x-owNyyDAYxStaGxD_SR1iioQCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2020-08-18.jpg[/img][/center]

Day 32: A Plan
Contrast Rogue Gloves
Sentence: Breed/Scroll/Adopt a Dragon

dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png

Enser had barely slept in a month, and Ifor was getting worried. Ever since Eigrigg's death, the wildclaw had been insistent on finding the monster that killed her, but none of his searching yielded any results. Now, it was drawing close to the end of the year, and he was growing more antsy. He kept saying that the monsters appeared in a cycle, that Talfan's lion must have heralded its arrival the same way his Snippers had, and that time was running out.

His performance was suffering in his classes, but Enser didn't seem to care.

Ifor had done what she could to help him between her own classes. (Magiere was better than the previous year, but was still difficult to work with). But even she was beginning to lose hope. She was beginning to wonder if it all was worth it, if he was running himself into the ground like this.

Thankfully, Ifor had been able to enlist Midnight and Sasha's help. The imperial was less than pleased to turn from his own pursuit of learning, but Sasha had talked him into it. Ifor wasn't sure what it was, but he had a soft spot for the pearlcatcher. They got along very well, and he seemed to have more patience for her than for anyone else. Maybe it was just the way they were able to talk for hours about some mundane theoretical topic. When they got going, Ifor could hardly understand what they were talking about.
dragon?did=61530375&skin=0&apparel=30549,17914,17887,17903&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=62740265&skin=0&apparel=6269,24248,20849&xt=dressing.png

"We've got it narrowed down to two potentials," Midnight explained as Ifor dropped in to check on them one afternoon. He and Sasha had made regular trips to the Starwhisper Crescent library in the hopes that the towns proximity to the portal would allow for some stock of information about the beasts that emerged from it.

"It seems to be one of the leons," Sasha added. "There are two varieties in the Forbidden Portal - the medusa leon and the deeprealm leon."

"Not much is known about either, but the medusa leon was so named because it turns creatures it encounters to stone, which makes it unlikely that this is the one that killed Eigrigg," Midnight said. "But we don't want to write it off entirely, because it matches the tracks Enser found, and the marks on her body."

"Great, thank you both, I'll pass that on to Enser," Ifor vowed. If I can find him.

"No problem! This stuff fascinates me, so if you can find more about this portal and these creatures, let me know!" Sasha beamed. "Maybe, if you succeed in your fight, you can bring me back a trophy of some sort! Like a tentacle or eyeball or something!"

Midnight wrinkled his nose. "Ew, gross!"

"Hey, buddy, you're going to have to get a lot more comfortable with gross body stuff if you want to be a healer," Sasha reminded her friend. "You should hear half the stories Belria has to tell me!"

Belria was Sasha's new teacher. She had been hired in Eigrigg's place a couple months ago, and the pearlcatcher seemed to be in rapt awe of her. The wildclaw clearly had lots of experience dealing with powerful and dangerous magic. Sasha never said what exactly they learned, but her eyes were always gleaming with excitement and hidden knowledge whenever she returned to their shared dorm after a day of classes. Ifor wished she could find that same passion with Magiere, it was hard not to be jealous sometimes.

Ifor grinned weakly. "I'll leave the two of you to get back to your homework."

"What about your homework?" Midnight asked, though Ifor knew he already knew the answer. He was asking to make a point.

"You know Magiere is too lazy to assign any," Ifor reminded him. "And Enser won't be able to get back to my evening lessons until this beast is dead."

tumblr_inline_o25fuv277c1r3lvtf_500.png

dragon?did=61825965&skin=0&apparel=35010,6027,6031&xt=dressing.png

It was the early hours of the morning when Enser finally got in. Ifor had almost fallen asleep many times waiting for him. She had no idea where he had been, but she was glad to see him to pass on Midnight and Sasha's finding.

"You should be asleep," Enser narrowed his eyes as he caught sight of Ifor's form on a large couch. The enchanted pink fire was crackling low in the hearth.

"So should you," Ifor shot back. "You're going to meet Eigrigg's fate if you tire yourself out this much before you encounter it."

"We're running out of time," Enser mumbled.

"So you've said," Ifor narrowed her eyes back. "Why are you so set on this though? Why you? Is it not enough to focus on your studies? Why are you so obsessed with the portal?"

"I can't tell you," Enser sighed, turning to go up the stairs to get what sleep he could before waking early to continue his search.

"Bull-," Ifor called him out, attaching a rather unsavoury word to the prefix. That was enough to get the wildclaw to stop in his tracks.

"I don't know if I've ever heard you swear before," Enser looked almost proud.

"I'll say it again, if that's what it takes to get your attention," Ifor let her frustration spill out, grateful that she had the type of friendship with the wildclaw that would allow her to be this blunt and open.

"You've been getting bold this year," Enser was clearly impressed.

"Yeah, well you better listen then," Ifor growled. "You don't have to do this on your own, okay? Whatever this crazy quest of yours is, it's killing you. What's worth that? Seriously? At this rate, you're going to end up like Talfan, and I'm sure that's a place you don't want to be."

"I'm looking for my mom," Enser admitted.

That was not the answer Ifor was expecting, and she found herself staring at him in a stunned silence.

"She went missing, before I was born. My dad said that she had discovered a strange portal to some other dimensional plane, and was so driven by fascination with it that she just... left." Enser explained. "He always said she'd be back, but she never was. I have to know what drove her to such an extreme departure. I have to find her, and to find out if it really was worth it."

"Wow, Enser, I'm so sorry, I had no idea," Ifor breathed.

"Eh," The wildclaw shrugged. "I grew up well enough. My sister and I had our Dad. There was a whole school surrounding us. I never really felt alone. I just want to meet her, you know?"

Ifor thought back to her own family, so far away. She missed them like hell, but she knew where they were, and that they were okay. She wrote letters to them regularly. She couldn't imagine not knowing.

"Well, let me help you. Please, you can't keep doing this on your own," Ifor offered. "I already got some information from Midnight and Sasha about what it is we're facing. If we can find out where it is-"

"Oh, I know. I know where it is too," Enser said in a sudden burst of anger. "Talfan's been hiding it under his nose the whole time. My nephew recently moved to the area, and apparently he had an encounter with it, and it was dragged away by the ridgeback who works for the tavern. Now, I'd say that's a pretty easy description to fit."

"But he would have killed it, right? He seemed pretty upset about Eigrigg, I thought that might shake some sense into him," Ifor offered.

"This is Talfan we're talking about," Enser rolled his eyes. "I don't know what he wants with the portal, but he's not going to give up so easily. No, this is the worst case scenario. The only reason I came back was to get some sleep before going out and strangling the life out of him and that beast."

"I'm coming too," Ifor repeated. "You can't do this alone."

"And there's nothing I can say that will make you stay?" Enser gave her a pleading look.

"Nope!" Ifor grinned. "You're stuck with me as your monster-hunting partner for life!"

"Heh," Enser smirked. "I like the sound of that. Alright. We leave at noon. We're going to need all the energy we can get. I hope you don't mind skipping class."

"Oh, half the time Magiere skips them anyways, we'll be fine," Ifor shrugged.

Enser grimaced. "We've really gotta get you a better teacher."

I don't know what it is with all the apparel pulls lately, but I'm glad our teacher/student ratio is back to what it should be! There wasn't any good way to introduce Belria in the flesh today, but maybe we can get a teacher scene in soon, and give Mia a proper introduction as well.

Here's some more lovely art done by @Tirtouga678 , of baby Iapetos!
2020-08-18.jpg

2020-08-18.jpg
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall I really, really love Ifor and Enser's friendship/partnership, it's so great. Also, poor Enser! I can definitely sympathize more with him now that i know why he's so obsessed with the portal. (While I've always liked him, I was pretty suspicious before.)
@Petall I really, really love Ifor and Enser's friendship/partnership, it's so great. Also, poor Enser! I can definitely sympathize more with him now that i know why he's so obsessed with the portal. (While I've always liked him, I was pretty suspicious before.)
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@Petall I've probably mentioned this before, but I like that when a character leaves the thread, you actually take the time to show how their departure affects the others. I'm guessing that if Eigrigg had survived, she and Enser would have been mates? On the plus side, I'm glad to see Ifor, Midnight, and Sasha building better relationships with each other. Plus hey, a new teacher! I had to grit my teeth at Magiere not assigning any homework and skipping half of the classes. Real waste of tuition, that one. And wow, finally we learn why Enser's so obsessed. That [i]is[/i] a good reason! [emoji=wildclaw sad] @Tirtouga67 Your art is so cute! I really love the teensy Iapetos sketches. Especially meeting his hat! I like the idea that his hat might've grown up with him. (Seriously, maybe it's a magic hat. xD)
@Petall I've probably mentioned this before, but I like that when a character leaves the thread, you actually take the time to show how their departure affects the others. I'm guessing that if Eigrigg had survived, she and Enser would have been mates?

On the plus side, I'm glad to see Ifor, Midnight, and Sasha building better relationships with each other. Plus hey, a new teacher! I had to grit my teeth at Magiere not assigning any homework and skipping half of the classes. Real waste of tuition, that one.

And wow, finally we learn why Enser's so obsessed. That is a good reason!

@Tirtouga67 Your art is so cute! I really love the teensy Iapetos sketches. Especially meeting his hat! I like the idea that his hat might've grown up with him. (Seriously, maybe it's a magic hat. xD)
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@myriadofstars

Ifor and Enser's friendship is based on one of the most important friendships in my life, so it makes me happy that you're enjoying it so much! And yes, it's great to be able to finally reveal what is driving Enser towards the portal!

@Disillusionist

Thank you! I think that's impacted by my own experiences of grief with my grandfather last year, and is probably coming through more than usual because tomorrow will be the one year anniversary of his passing.

They are a pairing I definitely had considered, but as a matter of principle I'm avoiding teacher/student pairings, so whether or not it actually would have happened would probably have depended upon how Enser's life turned out after he's done at the school. (I can't say for sure, but we'll probably be seeing some graduations from the school itself, and some will stick around as teachers, some will move into Starwhisper Crescent, and some will be written out of the story through graduation rather than death). But she was still someone important to him, not just as a key source of information about the portal, but also as someone working towards a similar goal with him.

One of these days maybe Magiere will actually grow as a character, but she's resisted my attempts so far, so we'll have to see.
@myriadofstars

Ifor and Enser's friendship is based on one of the most important friendships in my life, so it makes me happy that you're enjoying it so much! And yes, it's great to be able to finally reveal what is driving Enser towards the portal!

@Disillusionist

Thank you! I think that's impacted by my own experiences of grief with my grandfather last year, and is probably coming through more than usual because tomorrow will be the one year anniversary of his passing.

They are a pairing I definitely had considered, but as a matter of principle I'm avoiding teacher/student pairings, so whether or not it actually would have happened would probably have depended upon how Enser's life turned out after he's done at the school. (I can't say for sure, but we'll probably be seeing some graduations from the school itself, and some will stick around as teachers, some will move into Starwhisper Crescent, and some will be written out of the story through graduation rather than death). But she was still someone important to him, not just as a key source of information about the portal, but also as someone working towards a similar goal with him.

One of these days maybe Magiere will actually grow as a character, but she's resisted my attempts so far, so we'll have to see.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Had to take a peek at Enser's mother (and aunt) after reading this. Considering their outfits and familiars....this will get interesting!

Those chibi sketches of Iapetos are adorable btw <3
@Petall Had to take a peek at Enser's mother (and aunt) after reading this. Considering their outfits and familiars....this will get interesting!

Those chibi sketches of Iapetos are adorable btw <3
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge

Hehehe I'm very excited to be bringing them in!!!
@Drachenschwinge

Hehehe I'm very excited to be bringing them in!!!
@Petall

monster hunting monster hunting monster hunting monster hunting monster hunting monster hunting monster hunting it go

@Tirtouga678

I love your drawings!Baby Iapetos is adorable!
@Petall

monster hunting monster hunting monster hunting monster hunting monster hunting monster hunting monster hunting it go

@Tirtouga678

I love your drawings!Baby Iapetos is adorable!
4a400340c0be109b6c971f8fd8e6cc021baeb6c8.png
@Petall

The bond between Ifor and Enser is something I aspire to achieve with friends. It's so heartwarming!!! And aha, Belria's here :D I was wondering when she'd pop in! I saw her when I was trying to get Iapetos' picture. She's really pretty!

But aw, poor Enser. His mother's disappearance must be really hard to get over. :(

@Disillusionist @HauntedWhale

Thanks guys <3 I'm glad you like the sketches, I had a lot of fun drawing them too!
@Petall

The bond between Ifor and Enser is something I aspire to achieve with friends. It's so heartwarming!!! And aha, Belria's here :D I was wondering when she'd pop in! I saw her when I was trying to get Iapetos' picture. She's really pretty!

But aw, poor Enser. His mother's disappearance must be really hard to get over. :(

@Disillusionist @HauntedWhale

Thanks guys <3 I'm glad you like the sketches, I had a lot of fun drawing them too!
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@HauntedWhale

It go it go indeeed

@Tirtouga678

I hope you're able to build a friendship like that someday! And yeah, I'm very excited to be bringing Belria in!!!!
@HauntedWhale

It go it go indeeed

@Tirtouga678

I hope you're able to build a friendship like that someday! And yeah, I'm very excited to be bringing Belria in!!!!

Hey all! I'm pinging you all today to give you an unfortunate announcement. With everything going on with the world and in my life right now, I'm struggling to keep up with this story. I love the characters dearly, but especially as the cast grows, I'm finding I just don't have the brain space to keep up with everyone and keep up with the timing of festivals and everything. I love this story too much to rush it or force it, I really hated when that happened with my previous pinkerlocke between Night of the Nocturne and the final battle. If I do this story, I want to be able to do it well.

So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce that Beyond the Shroud will be going on what I hope is a hiatus. In my ideal world, I'd take the next few months or so to get back on my feet, find a good groove with school, have the brain space to run a story like this and write regularly, come up with a clever way to time jump and then continue as planned. There is a chance, however, that this may just have to be it with Beyond the Shroud, and when the writing itch hits once more, I'll set perimeters for a 'locke that works much better with the way my brain is working lately.

I still love Flight Rising, so I might try to find a way to play that doesn't involve writing for the time being, while still leaving my locke characters around in case I feel I can return to them. Maybe I'll expand Starwhisper Crescent and create them as a full 'NPC' clan or something, help feed the motivation for the story or something.

Anyways, I wish you all well, and I'm sorry, I feel like I'm letting you all down by putting this story on a maybe-indefinite hiatus.

Hey all! I'm pinging you all today to give you an unfortunate announcement. With everything going on with the world and in my life right now, I'm struggling to keep up with this story. I love the characters dearly, but especially as the cast grows, I'm finding I just don't have the brain space to keep up with everyone and keep up with the timing of festivals and everything. I love this story too much to rush it or force it, I really hated when that happened with my previous pinkerlocke between Night of the Nocturne and the final battle. If I do this story, I want to be able to do it well.

So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce that Beyond the Shroud will be going on what I hope is a hiatus. In my ideal world, I'd take the next few months or so to get back on my feet, find a good groove with school, have the brain space to run a story like this and write regularly, come up with a clever way to time jump and then continue as planned. There is a chance, however, that this may just have to be it with Beyond the Shroud, and when the writing itch hits once more, I'll set perimeters for a 'locke that works much better with the way my brain is working lately.

I still love Flight Rising, so I might try to find a way to play that doesn't involve writing for the time being, while still leaving my locke characters around in case I feel I can return to them. Maybe I'll expand Starwhisper Crescent and create them as a full 'NPC' clan or something, help feed the motivation for the story or something.

Anyways, I wish you all well, and I'm sorry, I feel like I'm letting you all down by putting this story on a maybe-indefinite hiatus.
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46