Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Beyond the Shroud - [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 45 46
@Aetherstorm

THANK YOU I LOVE HER TOOOOOO!!!

@Disillusionist

Thank you!!! None from my pending dragons tab yet (but gosh I need to get some of them in there, because that's where I'm likely to get most of my teachers from... Except for Breakfast, and she's first on the list. I can't have more students until I get 2 more teachers!)
@Aetherstorm

THANK YOU I LOVE HER TOOOOOO!!!

@Disillusionist

Thank you!!! None from my pending dragons tab yet (but gosh I need to get some of them in there, because that's where I'm likely to get most of my teachers from... Except for Breakfast, and she's first on the list. I can't have more students until I get 2 more teachers!)
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Rofl, dude, ngl but I'm excited to see what you'll do with Breakfast. Because that name is awesome and I immediately thought of the "second breakfast" dialogue from LotR. xDD
@Petall Rofl, dude, ngl but I'm excited to see what you'll do with Breakfast. Because that name is awesome and I immediately thought of the "second breakfast" dialogue from LotR. xDD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Petall *Gasps* Must. Scry. G1. ... ... ... 30 minutes later: I maaaaay have gone a little overboard with this >.> [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=906557&skin=0&apparel=6282,6705,23022,605,1705,604,18824,6034,21874&xt=dressing.png[/img] P.S.: Jayden is adorable. Of all the colours she could have inherited from her parents she got really nice looking ones.
@Petall *Gasps* Must. Scry. G1.

30 minutes later: I maaaaay have gone a little overboard with this >.>
scry?sdid=906557&skin=0&apparel=6282,6705,23022,605,1705,604,18824,6034,21874&xt=dressing.png

P.S.: Jayden is adorable. Of all the colours she could have inherited from her parents she got really nice looking ones.
2WRv2Ib.jpg

Sasha's moodboard is amazing!! I already love Jayden, Marco and Furic. I'm so excited to see where their stories go and if any of them die I'm going to scream, so don't you dare Pinkerton. (Also congrats on winning a Roundsey raffle!)

@amxndael your art is stunning!! I love how his shirt and his expression look really realistic!!
Sasha's moodboard is amazing!! I already love Jayden, Marco and Furic. I'm so excited to see where their stories go and if any of them die I'm going to scream, so don't you dare Pinkerton. (Also congrats on winning a Roundsey raffle!)

@amxndael your art is stunning!! I love how his shirt and his expression look really realistic!!
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Disillusionist aww thank you so much! :D and yeah, drawing with pens can be a pain hahah, but sometimes it works :')

@Autumnus ahh thank you!! <3 i'm glad you think so!

also, @Petall, i love the moodboard and the new hatchling! and congrats on winning that egg! oWo
@Disillusionist aww thank you so much! :D and yeah, drawing with pens can be a pain hahah, but sometimes it works :')

@Autumnus ahh thank you!! <3 i'm glad you think so!

also, @Petall, i love the moodboard and the new hatchling! and congrats on winning that egg! oWo
x8bDWFu.png
5BsilZ9.png
dEe2UrM.png
NOP5viO.png
@Drachenschwinge

OH MY GOODNESS THAT'S STUNNING!!! If you don't mind me asking, what genes did you give him? I've done some experimental scrying, but I haven't sorted out genes yet.

@Autumnus

THANK YOU!!! They are already such a good little group, I'm really looking forward to introducing them!

@amxndael

Thank you!!! And thanks again for the art!!!
@Drachenschwinge

OH MY GOODNESS THAT'S STUNNING!!! If you don't mind me asking, what genes did you give him? I've done some experimental scrying, but I haven't sorted out genes yet.

@Autumnus

THANK YOU!!! They are already such a good little group, I'm really looking forward to introducing them!

@amxndael

Thank you!!! And thanks again for the art!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall It's Swirl/Stripes/Capsule. Although, since Capsule isn't visible, Underbelly would do as well :)
Not Found
@Petall It's Swirl/Stripes/Capsule. Although, since Capsule isn't visible, Underbelly would do as well :)
Not Found
2WRv2Ib.jpg

----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/39#post_44249667]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 30: Death and Life[/u][/b] [item=meadow towel] Sentence: Breed/Scroll/Adopt a Dragon[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62529214][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=62529214&skin=0&apparel=494,12268,25044,21843,32703,21845&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/35387.png[/img][/center] Talfan didn't feel like he should be here. And yet, he couldn't bring himself to leave. Despite their past, he owed it to Eigrigg to stay. He had delivered her body back to the school, certain that her colleagues and students would want to know of her fate. Now, they had trekked out to some clearing nearby in the Whisper Woods. They hadn't invited Talfan along, but they hadn't told him to leave either. So he followed them. He wasn't sure if he should have. Beside him, Nemea nuzzled him, sending sparks of lightning through Talfan's body and jolting him to attention. The lion was staring unblinkingly at that green wildclaw kid, who was staring unblinkingly at him. No, he was glaring at him, as if he had something to do with it. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61825965][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61825965&skin=0&apparel=35010,6027,6031&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Talfan rolled his eyes and looked away. Would he have brought Eigrigg's body back if he was the killer? He wasn't [i]stupid[/i], surely the kid knew that much. Still, he anticipated there would be questions he didn't want to answer. Thankfully, he was saved by an important looking wildclaw stepping forward to take her place next to the stone shrine Eigrigg's body had been laid to rest on. Intricate runes were carved into the stone, and Talfan had no idea what he meant. Not that he cared to find out. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51366344][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51366344&skin=24270&apparel=21266,21274,21282,21290,21241&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "A great tragedy has befallen our school," The wildclaw announced. Despite her heavy words, she stood tall and proud, as though untouched by the loss of her employee. "Eigrigg was killed tracking down another monster that prowled our lands. She died with honor, and with courage, and we will always remember what she has brought to our school. Because she has no family to send her ashes home to, we shall be performing a sacred arcane ritual here to release her body into energy to rejoin the natural magic of Sornieth. Mia, if you would do the honors." She nodded to a coatl next to her, who stepped forward calmly. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/44217402][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=44217402&skin=0&apparel=27972,31685,30836,17900&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] The coatl said a few words in honor of her fallen colleague, then recited some words in another language Talfan didn't recognize. As she spoke, Eigrigg's body began to glow with golden energy, and her body faded as light energy dispersed from the shrine, floating away in bubbles of light up into the sky. All the gathered dragons watched silently until the last one blinked out of sight. To his surprise, a tear rolled down Talfan's cheek, and he inwardly cursed. He should care [i]nothing[/i] for his old friend, she had abandoned their cause! She had been trying to thwart his plans ever since! She had been nothing but a pain in his side! And yet, she had once been one of his closest friends. And that didn't just go away. He guessed a part of him had hoped she'd see the truth and rejoin him. Now that was never going to happen. And that was fine by Talfan. Feeling his resolve stiffen, the ridgeback turned and made his way out of the clearing, Nemea following close behind. As he left, he could hear the pink wildclaw speaking up again. "Now, as we all now, Eigrigg was Sasha's mentor. Now that she is no longer with us, I will be taking on her training alongside Midnight, until a suitable replacement can be hired-" He let her words drown out among the trees. Now that Eigrigg was out of the picture, no one would stop him. He had a monster to catch. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/0fedefe284e730eba9ef7fd934762f1c/tumblr_inline_o25fuv277c1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] Deep within the slums of Starwhisper Crescent was a large, worn down building. It was well used over the years. The roof sagged, leaking despite the number of times it had been patched. The windows were stained, and crystals from untamed arcane magic had sprouted all over the property. It was a well-known establishment, a staple in the town, and yet mostly everyone pretended it didn't exist, letting it fall into obscurity unless someone wanted to make certain surprises disappear. The sign in front of the building was faded, the dragons who owned it finding that repainting it was low on the list of priorities when all else was considered, but upon close inspection, it read 'Fallen Star Orphanage.' The building was chaos, as always. Hatchlings and young dragons ran wild, chased by the staff and volunteers who helped keep the place running. The cries, screams and laughter of the children was a constant cacophony that bled out onto the streets. However, there was one room in particular that remained quiet. A few nests sat, filled with eggs, pulsating softly with a gleaming pink light as the eggs hovered in the air. All the attention was focused on a single egg nest. It was quivering with anticipation. Today was its hatching day. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63115093][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=56&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=5&tertgene=0&winggene=42&wings=132&auth=79252bc3b31047641dd7fc39e5b6d350feb0c1c8&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] The door creaked open as a tiny tundra hatchling wandered in. He found his place under the wing of a doting skydancer, who looked down at him in surprise. "What are you doing here, Marco!" She exclaimed softly. "Shouldn't you be playing with your friends?" "New friend," Marco moved towards the egg. He almost touched his nose to it before the matron dragged him back. "Your new friend needs space to hatch," she scolded him. "If you want to watch, make sure you're a safe distance away." The matron looked sadly at the egg as its quivering grew more violent. She remembered when it had been brought in, by a panicked looking guardian too young to be a mother. She was not the first dragon to be caught in such a situation, and she wouldn't be the last - not when breeding magic was so unpredictable. Still, she pitied the poor woman, and she pitied the hatchling even more. Growing up without parents was never easy, and though the staff did their best, it wasn't the same as being raised by a family. There were too many hatchlings and not enough staff, no one got the full attention that they needed. Still, at least this poor child had a place to go at all. Just as the thought had entered her mind, there was a small pink explosion, and a mirror hatchling floated down to the ground, touching down lightly and looking around, taking in her surroundings and still damp with egg fluid. The matron picked her up and immediately began to clean her, trying to stop herself from getting too distracted by the mirror clambering at her arms to get a closer peek. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63115069][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=13&bodygene=18&breed=3&element=9&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=175&tertgene=4&winggene=4&wings=13&auth=bf86816e10c3f09f74977523aa485fc0dbebeeb1&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] "Wanna see! Wanna say hi!" Marco cried. "Just give me a moment-" the matron said in a strained voice, then put the mirror down. "There you go." The tundra moved closer and gave the mirror a big sniff, taking in her scent. It would be a scent that he would remember forever, catalogued in that strange tundra brain of his. "What's her name?" Marco asked, looking up from his newfound friend. "Why don't we call her Jayden?" The matron suggested. "Jayden," the tundra repeated with a smile. "Hello Jayden!" He boomed. "Shh, she's still very little, you have to be gentle," the matron reminded him. "Oh yeah," Marco's eyes widened and he crouched next to her, making himself as small as possible. "Hello Jayden." He whispered. "I'm gonna be your best friend!" The matron chuckled, enamoured by his adorable greeting. She wondered what would become of these two, and if Marco's promise would ring true. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/41#post_44368826]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Leopardmask @Sabariel @Drachenschwinge @Autumnus @GrinningWolf24 @Glassowary @CleverTrick @Stormlark @Dakala @Moonweaverr @Tirtouga678 @unicorn9 @Disillusionist @catmeow1 @Tynethyne @SkullGeist @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @Tiffkaboo @secretlylying @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @Aetherstorm @VeniVidiVici @YakileBekrea @MeepBoie400 @CorvvusCorax @WeaverofLies @myriadofstars @HauntedWhale @slp0001 @amxndael @Solaristigres @NovaBorn @Darkmoonbreeder[/center] ----- It's been a little while, hasn't it? It's been a bit of a chaotic couple of weeks, with starting a new job and then quitting the job over a lack of pandemic regulations, then camping for a couple nights. Then to top it all off, my mental health has been all over the place, so motivation for writing has been difficult. I decided to split what I originally had planned for this chapter into two chapters, because there is a lot going on here, so you'll get a proper introduction to Jayden, Marco and their friend next chapter. Maybe that'll happen tomorrow, maybe that will happen next week. It depends on how life goes in the next little while.

Day 30: Death and Life
Meadow Towel
Sentence: Breed/Scroll/Adopt a Dragon

dragon?did=62529214&skin=0&apparel=494,12268,25044,21843,32703,21845&xt=dressing.png35387.png

Talfan didn't feel like he should be here. And yet, he couldn't bring himself to leave. Despite their past, he owed it to Eigrigg to stay.

He had delivered her body back to the school, certain that her colleagues and students would want to know of her fate. Now, they had trekked out to some clearing nearby in the Whisper Woods. They hadn't invited Talfan along, but they hadn't told him to leave either. So he followed them. He wasn't sure if he should have.

Beside him, Nemea nuzzled him, sending sparks of lightning through Talfan's body and jolting him to attention. The lion was staring unblinkingly at that green wildclaw kid, who was staring unblinkingly at him. No, he was glaring at him, as if he had something to do with it.
dragon?did=61825965&skin=0&apparel=35010,6027,6031&xt=dressing.png

Talfan rolled his eyes and looked away. Would he have brought Eigrigg's body back if he was the killer? He wasn't stupid, surely the kid knew that much. Still, he anticipated there would be questions he didn't want to answer. Thankfully, he was saved by an important looking wildclaw stepping forward to take her place next to the stone shrine Eigrigg's body had been laid to rest on. Intricate runes were carved into the stone, and Talfan had no idea what he meant. Not that he cared to find out.
dragon?did=51366344&skin=24270&apparel=21266,21274,21282,21290,21241&xt=dressing.png

"A great tragedy has befallen our school," The wildclaw announced. Despite her heavy words, she stood tall and proud, as though untouched by the loss of her employee. "Eigrigg was killed tracking down another monster that prowled our lands. She died with honor, and with courage, and we will always remember what she has brought to our school. Because she has no family to send her ashes home to, we shall be performing a sacred arcane ritual here to release her body into energy to rejoin the natural magic of Sornieth. Mia, if you would do the honors." She nodded to a coatl next to her, who stepped forward calmly.
dragon?did=44217402&skin=0&apparel=27972,31685,30836,17900&xt=dressing.png

The coatl said a few words in honor of her fallen colleague, then recited some words in another language Talfan didn't recognize. As she spoke, Eigrigg's body began to glow with golden energy, and her body faded as light energy dispersed from the shrine, floating away in bubbles of light up into the sky. All the gathered dragons watched silently until the last one blinked out of sight.

To his surprise, a tear rolled down Talfan's cheek, and he inwardly cursed. He should care nothing for his old friend, she had abandoned their cause! She had been trying to thwart his plans ever since! She had been nothing but a pain in his side!

And yet, she had once been one of his closest friends. And that didn't just go away. He guessed a part of him had hoped she'd see the truth and rejoin him.

Now that was never going to happen.

And that was fine by Talfan.

Feeling his resolve stiffen, the ridgeback turned and made his way out of the clearing, Nemea following close behind. As he left, he could hear the pink wildclaw speaking up again.

"Now, as we all now, Eigrigg was Sasha's mentor. Now that she is no longer with us, I will be taking on her training alongside Midnight, until a suitable replacement can be hired-"

He let her words drown out among the trees. Now that Eigrigg was out of the picture, no one would stop him.

He had a monster to catch.

tumblr_inline_o25fuv277c1r3lvtf_500.png

Deep within the slums of Starwhisper Crescent was a large, worn down building. It was well used over the years. The roof sagged, leaking despite the number of times it had been patched. The windows were stained, and crystals from untamed arcane magic had sprouted all over the property. It was a well-known establishment, a staple in the town, and yet mostly everyone pretended it didn't exist, letting it fall into obscurity unless someone wanted to make certain surprises disappear.

The sign in front of the building was faded, the dragons who owned it finding that repainting it was low on the list of priorities when all else was considered, but upon close inspection, it read 'Fallen Star Orphanage.'

The building was chaos, as always. Hatchlings and young dragons ran wild, chased by the staff and volunteers who helped keep the place running. The cries, screams and laughter of the children was a constant cacophony that bled out onto the streets. However, there was one room in particular that remained quiet. A few nests sat, filled with eggs, pulsating softly with a gleaming pink light as the eggs hovered in the air. All the attention was focused on a single egg nest. It was quivering with anticipation. Today was its hatching day.
dragon?age=0&body=56&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=5&tertgene=0&winggene=42&wings=132&auth=79252bc3b31047641dd7fc39e5b6d350feb0c1c8&dummyext=prev.png

The door creaked open as a tiny tundra hatchling wandered in. He found his place under the wing of a doting skydancer, who looked down at him in surprise.

"What are you doing here, Marco!" She exclaimed softly. "Shouldn't you be playing with your friends?"

"New friend," Marco moved towards the egg. He almost touched his nose to it before the matron dragged him back.

"Your new friend needs space to hatch," she scolded him. "If you want to watch, make sure you're a safe distance away."

The matron looked sadly at the egg as its quivering grew more violent. She remembered when it had been brought in, by a panicked looking guardian too young to be a mother. She was not the first dragon to be caught in such a situation, and she wouldn't be the last - not when breeding magic was so unpredictable. Still, she pitied the poor woman, and she pitied the hatchling even more. Growing up without parents was never easy, and though the staff did their best, it wasn't the same as being raised by a family. There were too many hatchlings and not enough staff, no one got the full attention that they needed.

Still, at least this poor child had a place to go at all.

Just as the thought had entered her mind, there was a small pink explosion, and a mirror hatchling floated down to the ground, touching down lightly and looking around, taking in her surroundings and still damp with egg fluid. The matron picked her up and immediately began to clean her, trying to stop herself from getting too distracted by the mirror clambering at her arms to get a closer peek.
dragon?age=0&body=13&bodygene=18&breed=3&element=9&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=175&tertgene=4&winggene=4&wings=13&auth=bf86816e10c3f09f74977523aa485fc0dbebeeb1&dummyext=prev.png

"Wanna see! Wanna say hi!" Marco cried.

"Just give me a moment-" the matron said in a strained voice, then put the mirror down. "There you go."

The tundra moved closer and gave the mirror a big sniff, taking in her scent. It would be a scent that he would remember forever, catalogued in that strange tundra brain of his.

"What's her name?" Marco asked, looking up from his newfound friend.

"Why don't we call her Jayden?" The matron suggested.

"Jayden," the tundra repeated with a smile. "Hello Jayden!" He boomed.

"Shh, she's still very little, you have to be gentle," the matron reminded him.

"Oh yeah," Marco's eyes widened and he crouched next to her, making himself as small as possible. "Hello Jayden." He whispered. "I'm gonna be your best friend!"

The matron chuckled, enamoured by his adorable greeting. She wondered what would become of these two, and if Marco's promise would ring true.

It's been a little while, hasn't it? It's been a bit of a chaotic couple of weeks, with starting a new job and then quitting the job over a lack of pandemic regulations, then camping for a couple nights. Then to top it all off, my mental health has been all over the place, so motivation for writing has been difficult.

I decided to split what I originally had planned for this chapter into two chapters, because there is a lot going on here, so you'll get a proper introduction to Jayden, Marco and their friend next chapter. Maybe that'll happen tomorrow, maybe that will happen next week. It depends on how life goes in the next little while.
@Petall I'm glad to see this thread moving again! The funeral for Eigrigg was beautifully done, and I think it was a good choice for us to see it from Talvan's POV. He's been fairly enigmatic so far, so it was nice to be able to peek into his thoughts today. [emoji=tundra love] [i]Ooooohh[/i]. My heart [i]melted[/i] at Marco's "New friend!" line. And just dissolved into gooey liquid when he and Jayden met. I think Marco's gonna be my favorite character. xDD And I'm glad Ifor was able to find a loving home for Jayden. I'm sorry to hear things have been rough for you. If you're still job hunting, I hope it's going well and you still have time to take breaks. Take care of yourself!! [emoji=heart]
@Petall I'm glad to see this thread moving again! The funeral for Eigrigg was beautifully done, and I think it was a good choice for us to see it from Talvan's POV. He's been fairly enigmatic so far, so it was nice to be able to peek into his thoughts today.

Ooooohh. My heart melted at Marco's "New friend!" line. And just dissolved into gooey liquid when he and Jayden met. I think Marco's gonna be my favorite character. xDD And I'm glad Ifor was able to find a loving home for Jayden.

I'm sorry to hear things have been rough for you. If you're still job hunting, I hope it's going well and you still have time to take breaks. Take care of yourself!!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

I figured it would be interesting to show it from an outside perspective, so I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I'm going to have a lot of fun with these characters!

Thank you so much for your kind words!
@Disillusionist

I figured it would be interesting to show it from an outside perspective, so I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I'm going to have a lot of fun with these characters!

Thank you so much for your kind words!
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 45 46