Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Beyond the Shroud - [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 45 46
@Petall [quote=Petall]"New friend," Marco moved towards the egg. He almost touched his nose to it before the matron dragged him back.[/quote] [quote=Petall]"Wanna see! Wanna say hi!" Marco cried.[/quote] [quote=Petall]"Oh yeah," Marco's eyes widened and he crouched next to her, making himself as small as possible. "Hello Jayden." He whispered. "I'm gonna be your best friend!"[/quote] MARCO IS ADORABLE :O :) Also the description of the orphanage where it's introduced is really nice!! Really good imagery!
@Petall
Petall wrote:
"New friend," Marco moved towards the egg. He almost touched his nose to it before the matron dragged him back.
Petall wrote:
"Wanna see! Wanna say hi!" Marco cried.
Petall wrote:
"Oh yeah," Marco's eyes widened and he crouched next to her, making himself as small as possible. "Hello Jayden." He whispered. "I'm gonna be your best friend!"

MARCO IS ADORABLE :O :)

Also the description of the orphanage where it's introduced is really nice!! Really good imagery!
4a400340c0be109b6c971f8fd8e6cc021baeb6c8.png
@HauntedWhale

Aaaaa, thank you!!!
@HauntedWhale

Aaaaa, thank you!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

Ahh, Eigrigg's final sendoff was so beautiful :""""""" and MARCO! AND JAYDEN! WHEEEEEEE!!!!
@Petall

Ahh, Eigrigg's final sendoff was so beautiful :""""""" and MARCO! AND JAYDEN! WHEEEEEEE!!!!
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Tirtouga678

Thank you!!! It was a fun chapter!
@Tirtouga678

Thank you!!! It was a fun chapter!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Welcome back! Take your time, I understand this pandemic has been killing everyone's moods.
Just stay safe Petall!

Aaa Marco was so cute this chapter, and Oof Talfan with the feels in this club. But I enjoyed this very much!
Welcome back! Take your time, I understand this pandemic has been killing everyone's moods.
Just stay safe Petall!

Aaa Marco was so cute this chapter, and Oof Talfan with the feels in this club. But I enjoyed this very much!
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
aww eigrigg's funeral was so pretty ;_; and marco is so cuuute! i'm so excited to see him and ayden :DD

also, good luck with all the irl stuff! things ain't always easy but i'm sure you can make it through <3 stay safe!
aww eigrigg's funeral was so pretty ;_; and marco is so cuuute! i'm so excited to see him and ayden :DD

also, good luck with all the irl stuff! things ain't always easy but i'm sure you can make it through <3 stay safe!
x8bDWFu.png
5BsilZ9.png
dEe2UrM.png
NOP5viO.png
Aghhhh that is so CUTE also Jayden herself is adorable my goodness

Also I like the crystals growing out of the yard instead of weeds in the lawn :P
Aghhhh that is so CUTE also Jayden herself is adorable my goodness

Also I like the crystals growing out of the yard instead of weeds in the lawn :P
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Goodness, Jayden and Marco are just so sweet I could bake them in a pie! Haha. X) I love this little duo already, and the only bittersweet thing here is that they are not destined to be mates. (Cause I think that down the line it would be adorable to see them as mates, a la Sweet Home Alabama).

Eigregg's funeral was well written as well. :') She will be missed, and it will be quite interesting to see how her absence affects the rest of the school.
Goodness, Jayden and Marco are just so sweet I could bake them in a pie! Haha. X) I love this little duo already, and the only bittersweet thing here is that they are not destined to be mates. (Cause I think that down the line it would be adorable to see them as mates, a la Sweet Home Alabama).

Eigregg's funeral was well written as well. :') She will be missed, and it will be quite interesting to see how her absence affects the rest of the school.
7wv9OeJ.png_E8BAgFT.png_wfPmarR.png_rrYlaAT.png_RQOAN3O.png
@VeniVidiVici Thank you for your kind words! Marco is a precious bean! @amxndael Thank you! I enjoyed writing it! Thank you! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] @Leopardmask I am SOOOO excited for Jayden, you have no idea! Lol, arcane would have some very interesting pests and weeds! @GrinningWolf24 That would be pretty cute, wouldn't it? It really all depends on who the J mate ends up being, I guess! Aw, thank you! And yeah, she's been very important to the school. It will be very different without her.
@VeniVidiVici

Thank you for your kind words!

Marco is a precious bean!

@amxndael

Thank you! I enjoyed writing it!

Thank you!

@Leopardmask

I am SOOOO excited for Jayden, you have no idea!

Lol, arcane would have some very interesting pests and weeds!

@GrinningWolf24

That would be pretty cute, wouldn't it? It really all depends on who the J mate ends up being, I guess!

Aw, thank you! And yeah, she's been very important to the school. It will be very different without her.
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/40#post_44348694]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 31: Street Rats[/u][/b] [item=fungus cutter] Sentence: 20-30 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63115069][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=63115069&skin=0&apparel=18814,332,443,494,1708&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63115093][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=63115093&skin=0&apparel=552,1547,6029&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] The transition from the Fallen Star Orphanage to an average life in Starwhisper Crescent was a difficult one. Though most residents deemed the orphanage an essential service, it was not valued as such. Everyone wanted a place for unwanted hatchlings to go, but no one wanted to give those hatchlings a chance beyond that. Jayden had watched the older dragons in the orphanage fight tooth and nail to make a living in town. Many gave up, and decided wandering Sornieth as a vegabond until they found their place was preferable to fighting a reputation as an urchin. But where was the fun in that? Today was Jayden's 'graduation' day, which meant that she was too old for the staff to bother wasting resources on, and it was time for her to make it on her own. The mirror had thought this day would never come. She and Marco had been making plans for this day since they were old enough to know what the future held for them. They knew it was pointless trying to build a reputable life for themselves in town, so they would scrape a very different living for themselves. Marco was waiting for her as she sauntered out of the building, staring at the streets around her with new eyes. These were hers now. Marco caught her eye with a grin, and she corrected herself. These were theirs now. "So, what do you want to do first?" Marco asked. "Do you have the place set up?" Jayden asked, referring to the abandoned building on the edge of town. Rumors of hauntings had kept it from being snatched up, so the pair had decided to take it for themselves. "Of course! Do you think I've been lazing around since my graduation day?" Marco scoffed. "Well, you have been spending an awful lot of time with me!" Jayden teased. "I'm more responsible than that!" Marco feigned offence. "I know. I'm glad I have you, I don't know how I'd get anything done without you!" Jayden laughed. "So, let's get going! I don't want to be in this dump anymore!" "You want to be in a different dump?" Marco raised an eyebrow. "Exactly!" Jayden grinned. "This is a special dump! It's [i]our[/i] dump!" "Dump sweet dump," Marco said wistfully, getting to his feet and walking alongside his friend as they sneaked through the alleyways of the town. "Do you think it's actually haunted?" Jayden asked. "That would be pretty cool, wouldn't it?" "I'm pretty sure it's just tales to scare hatchlings," Marco rolled his eyes. "Real ghosts are surprisingly rare. And if they were any trouble, there are enough arcane dragons to figure out something to do about it." "Aw, shucks," Jayden sniffed. Suddenly, she caught sight of a dark shape moving on the other side of the alleyway, growling like some strange beast. It's silloutte was strange. It was feline, but appeared to have a number of tentacles coming off of it. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/34772.png[/img][/center] "What [i]is[/i] that thing?" Jayden asked. She turned to see her friend's warm eyes fixed on it, as if in a trance. Jayden knew that look. It meant his curiosity had gotten a hold on him, and when that happened, it was hard to dissuade him. "I've never seen anything like it before," Marco mused. "Well, get a look some other day! It looks like it wants to eat us and that's the last thing I want on my first day of freedom, thanks," Jayden scoffed. "But-" Marco protested. "Do you want to be a snack?" Jayden asked. "I mean, not that you're not one, according to all the girls back at Fallen Star, but come on, let's live another day." "I guess you're right," Marco sighed. Jayden swore. "It's seen us." The lion-like creature was prowling closer, tentacles extended and reaching for them. "We have to run!" Jayden announced, turning on her heels. Marco didn't need to be told again. The two broke into a run. Unfortunately, that triggered a response in the lion and it broke out into a run behind them, growling. The creature had a surprising speed to it. Try as they might, they couldn't lose it. Every time they turned a corner, it proved to be not too far behind. Jayden was beginning to doubt they'd ever get away. That was when a voice called to them from a broken wall of some sort of storefront. Jayden immediately pushed Marco inside, squeezing after him as fast as she could. All too soon, a snarling mouth could be seen, tentacles reaching within. One of them wrapped around Marco's leg, and Jayden moved to attack it, only to find herself restrained by some other dragon. She bit their foot in fury, teeth meeting flesh and a large talon - a wildclaw - but their grip held firm. Thankfully, this was not the end of poor Marco. The lion was pulled back by some other force, letting go of the squirming tundra in the process. It was only then that Jayden's captor pet her go and she got a good look at him. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63032798][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=63032798&skin=0&apparel=34608,21809,21804,13818&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "You've got quite the bite there! I would have expected more thanks for saving your life," the wildclaw scoffed. "Yeah well, good job saving my friend's life," Jayden spat back. "Marco almost got eaten, thank you very much." "But you would be alive at least, that's better than neither of you," the wildclaw shrugged. "And Marco is it?" He held out a hand. "I'm Furic. You're lucky I decided to come into town for supplies." He gestured at the food-covered shelves around him. They were in some sort of pantry, Jayden realized as she took in her surroundings for the first time. How convenient. "Are you going to tell me your name?" Furic asked curiously. "Why should I?" Jayden shot back, not sure why she was being so hostile. "Marco and I have got to be on our way." "Aw, what a pity! I thought we could be friends!" Furic frowned. "You look like street rats to me, no offense, and I know a thing or two about living wild!" "Are you an orphan too?" Jayden asked suspiciously. "Orphan? Nah. I just like living a bit rough. More fun than some of the domestic snobs, eh?" Furic winked. "Fine. I'm Jayden. But I'm only telling you that because we'll probably cross paths raiding pantries and all that." The mirror growled. "But I'm not promising any more than that." "Fine by me!" Furic shrugged, taking a bite of a nearby pear. "I'm sure I'll work my way into your good graces eventually." "Dude, if you're trying to woo her, trust me, Jayden's not an easy catch," Marco warned. "Who said anything about romance?" Furic scoffed. "I'm just talking about an alliance of sorts. You know, I help you guys out, you help me out, makes survival a little easier when you're living on the edge." "We'll have to see," Jayden narrowed her eyes. "Goodbye Furic." And with that, Jayden turned and left, not sure if Marco would follow her. To her satisfaction, he caught up with her by the end of the alleyway. "I don't get why you had to be so rude," Marco huffed. "He was just trying to help." "He was asking like he was better than us," Jayden pointed out. "I'm not hanging out with anyone who sees me as inferior. As soon as he admits he's just as messed up as either of us, then we can talk." The pair walked in silence until they reached their house. This was not how her graduation day should have gone, but they were here now, and that's what mattered. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/43#post_44399864]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center] @CleverDual @Leopardmask @Sabariel @Drachenschwinge @Autumnus @GrinningWolf24 @Glassowary @CleverTrick @Stormlark @Dakala @Moonweaverr @Tirtouga678 @unicorn9 @Disillusionist @catmeow1 @Tynethyne @SkullGeist @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @Tiffkaboo @secretlylying @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @Aetherstorm @VeniVidiVici @YakileBekrea @MeepBoie400 @CorvvusCorax @WeaverofLies @myriadofstars @HauntedWhale @slp0001 @amxndael @Solaristigres @NovaBorn @Darkmoonbreeder[/center] ----- A bit of a time jump, but we're nearing the end of the month, so it's time to start wrapping up this arc, before Flameforger's begins. Also, look at this piece @Tirtouga678 drew of Midnight for me! It was a very sweet surprise to log onto the other day! [center][img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-bY86eHEmdKY/XzJUv_EZ1UI/AAAAAAAAAMc/KBDf7YGD6qcF1zH9y6VoFA962jiiBgFpACK8BGAsYHg/s0/2020-08-11.jpg[/img][/center]

Day 31: Street Rats
Fungus Cutter
Sentence: 20-30 Coli Battles

dragon?did=63115069&skin=0&apparel=18814,332,443,494,1708&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=63115093&skin=0&apparel=552,1547,6029&xt=dressing.png

The transition from the Fallen Star Orphanage to an average life in Starwhisper Crescent was a difficult one. Though most residents deemed the orphanage an essential service, it was not valued as such. Everyone wanted a place for unwanted hatchlings to go, but no one wanted to give those hatchlings a chance beyond that. Jayden had watched the older dragons in the orphanage fight tooth and nail to make a living in town. Many gave up, and decided wandering Sornieth as a vegabond until they found their place was preferable to fighting a reputation as an urchin.

But where was the fun in that?

Today was Jayden's 'graduation' day, which meant that she was too old for the staff to bother wasting resources on, and it was time for her to make it on her own. The mirror had thought this day would never come. She and Marco had been making plans for this day since they were old enough to know what the future held for them. They knew it was pointless trying to build a reputable life for themselves in town, so they would scrape a very different living for themselves.

Marco was waiting for her as she sauntered out of the building, staring at the streets around her with new eyes. These were hers now. Marco caught her eye with a grin, and she corrected herself. These were theirs now.

"So, what do you want to do first?" Marco asked.

"Do you have the place set up?" Jayden asked, referring to the abandoned building on the edge of town. Rumors of hauntings had kept it from being snatched up, so the pair had decided to take it for themselves.

"Of course! Do you think I've been lazing around since my graduation day?" Marco scoffed.

"Well, you have been spending an awful lot of time with me!" Jayden teased.

"I'm more responsible than that!" Marco feigned offence.

"I know. I'm glad I have you, I don't know how I'd get anything done without you!" Jayden laughed. "So, let's get going! I don't want to be in this dump anymore!"

"You want to be in a different dump?" Marco raised an eyebrow.

"Exactly!" Jayden grinned. "This is a special dump! It's our dump!"

"Dump sweet dump," Marco said wistfully, getting to his feet and walking alongside his friend as they sneaked through the alleyways of the town.

"Do you think it's actually haunted?" Jayden asked. "That would be pretty cool, wouldn't it?"

"I'm pretty sure it's just tales to scare hatchlings," Marco rolled his eyes. "Real ghosts are surprisingly rare. And if they were any trouble, there are enough arcane dragons to figure out something to do about it."

"Aw, shucks," Jayden sniffed. Suddenly, she caught sight of a dark shape moving on the other side of the alleyway, growling like some strange beast. It's silloutte was strange. It was feline, but appeared to have a number of tentacles coming off of it.
34772.png

"What is that thing?" Jayden asked. She turned to see her friend's warm eyes fixed on it, as if in a trance. Jayden knew that look. It meant his curiosity had gotten a hold on him, and when that happened, it was hard to dissuade him.

"I've never seen anything like it before," Marco mused.

"Well, get a look some other day! It looks like it wants to eat us and that's the last thing I want on my first day of freedom, thanks," Jayden scoffed.

"But-" Marco protested.

"Do you want to be a snack?" Jayden asked. "I mean, not that you're not one, according to all the girls back at Fallen Star, but come on, let's live another day."

"I guess you're right," Marco sighed.

Jayden swore. "It's seen us."

The lion-like creature was prowling closer, tentacles extended and reaching for them.

"We have to run!" Jayden announced, turning on her heels. Marco didn't need to be told again. The two broke into a run. Unfortunately, that triggered a response in the lion and it broke out into a run behind them, growling.

The creature had a surprising speed to it. Try as they might, they couldn't lose it. Every time they turned a corner, it proved to be not too far behind. Jayden was beginning to doubt they'd ever get away.

That was when a voice called to them from a broken wall of some sort of storefront. Jayden immediately pushed Marco inside, squeezing after him as fast as she could. All too soon, a snarling mouth could be seen, tentacles reaching within. One of them wrapped around Marco's leg, and Jayden moved to attack it, only to find herself restrained by some other dragon. She bit their foot in fury, teeth meeting flesh and a large talon - a wildclaw - but their grip held firm.

Thankfully, this was not the end of poor Marco. The lion was pulled back by some other force, letting go of the squirming tundra in the process. It was only then that Jayden's captor pet her go and she got a good look at him.
dragon?did=63032798&skin=0&apparel=34608,21809,21804,13818&xt=dressing.png

"You've got quite the bite there! I would have expected more thanks for saving your life," the wildclaw scoffed.

"Yeah well, good job saving my friend's life," Jayden spat back. "Marco almost got eaten, thank you very much."

"But you would be alive at least, that's better than neither of you," the wildclaw shrugged. "And Marco is it?" He held out a hand. "I'm Furic. You're lucky I decided to come into town for supplies." He gestured at the food-covered shelves around him.

They were in some sort of pantry, Jayden realized as she took in her surroundings for the first time. How convenient.

"Are you going to tell me your name?" Furic asked curiously.

"Why should I?" Jayden shot back, not sure why she was being so hostile. "Marco and I have got to be on our way."

"Aw, what a pity! I thought we could be friends!" Furic frowned. "You look like street rats to me, no offense, and I know a thing or two about living wild!"

"Are you an orphan too?" Jayden asked suspiciously.

"Orphan? Nah. I just like living a bit rough. More fun than some of the domestic snobs, eh?" Furic winked.

"Fine. I'm Jayden. But I'm only telling you that because we'll probably cross paths raiding pantries and all that." The mirror growled. "But I'm not promising any more than that."

"Fine by me!" Furic shrugged, taking a bite of a nearby pear. "I'm sure I'll work my way into your good graces eventually."

"Dude, if you're trying to woo her, trust me, Jayden's not an easy catch," Marco warned.

"Who said anything about romance?" Furic scoffed. "I'm just talking about an alliance of sorts. You know, I help you guys out, you help me out, makes survival a little easier when you're living on the edge."

"We'll have to see," Jayden narrowed her eyes. "Goodbye Furic."

And with that, Jayden turned and left, not sure if Marco would follow her. To her satisfaction, he caught up with her by the end of the alleyway.

"I don't get why you had to be so rude," Marco huffed. "He was just trying to help."

"He was asking like he was better than us," Jayden pointed out. "I'm not hanging out with anyone who sees me as inferior. As soon as he admits he's just as messed up as either of us, then we can talk."

The pair walked in silence until they reached their house. This was not how her graduation day should have gone, but they were here now, and that's what mattered.

A bit of a time jump, but we're nearing the end of the month, so it's time to start wrapping up this arc, before Flameforger's begins.

Also, look at this piece @Tirtouga678 drew of Midnight for me! It was a very sweet surprise to log onto the other day!
2020-08-11.jpg
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 45 46