Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WS] Labyrinthine Levitos Tours - CYOA
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 43 44
I absolutely love all the badges, they look fantastic. Also, this is getting [i]exciting[/i] now! :D [center][url=http://msb-lair.tumblr.com/post/138749447634/more-flight-dividers][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/d343b9f934935a05aefe997bda6be646/tumblr_inline_o23f50NgMo1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=382756] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/3828/382756_350.png[/img] [/url] [b][color=#3f3bd1]~ Day 4A ~[/color][/b][/center] As the gondola drifted quietly through the narrow canals of an unremarkable and rather dingy area of Levitos, Mimir gazed around at the cramped buildings that rose up around them and the cluttered alleyways between. It was much darker here than on the wider canals, the buildings blocking out the sunlight, but on the other hand the canals were much quieter and it was a welcome change from the bustle of the more metropolitan areas. Still, Mimir was glad that he had a gondolier with him: he wasn't sure he would want to be caught in this area completely alone, with no allies to back him up, or at least run or call for help. He was also glad that he had chosen the green Nature Spiral to guide him through the city: unlike some of her fellow gondoliers, she looked as if she was more than capable of handling herself if it came to a fight, and that might dissuade any would-be marauders from picking on their gondola. As they approached one of the bridges, a cloaked figure detached itself from the gloom between the buildings and strode to the apex of the bridge. Though their face was completely hidden in shadow, their figure swathed completely in folds of cloth, Mimir could feel their gaze on him. They reached a gloved hand inside their cloak and drew out a glowing flask, reaching over the balustrade. For a moment, Mimir thought they might be about to drop the flask - with who knew what consequences for himself and his gondolier - but then he realised that they were simply holding it out within his reach. "I believe you will be needing this ..." the figure said. It was impossible to say whether the voice belonged to someone male or female. Mimir glanced at his gondolier, who looked somewhat perturbed by the figure and this strange turn that the tour had taken. She kept the gondola moving steadily along the canal, not pausing as they reached the bridge to give him more time to decide. With no time to think about his choice, Mimir made a snap decision. He rose to his feet - having no trouble balancing in the gondola thanks to his years aboard boats and ships of all kinds - and reached up to pluck the flask from the figure's grasp. He had never been one to refuse a freely-given gift, in any case. [br][center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2172126/26#post_26949138][b][color=#3f3bd1]~ Next ~[/url][/color][/b] [url=http://msb-lair.tumblr.com/post/138749447634/more-flight-dividers][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/d343b9f934935a05aefe997bda6be646/tumblr_inline_o23f50NgMo1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/url][/center]
I absolutely love all the badges, they look fantastic. Also, this is getting exciting now! :D
tumblr_inline_o23f50NgMo1r3lvtf_500.png

382756_350.png

~ Day 4A ~

As the gondola drifted quietly through the narrow canals of an unremarkable and rather dingy area of Levitos, Mimir gazed around at the cramped buildings that rose up around them and the cluttered alleyways between. It was much darker here than on the wider canals, the buildings blocking out the sunlight, but on the other hand the canals were much quieter and it was a welcome change from the bustle of the more metropolitan areas.

Still, Mimir was glad that he had a gondolier with him: he wasn't sure he would want to be caught in this area completely alone, with no allies to back him up, or at least run or call for help. He was also glad that he had chosen the green Nature Spiral to guide him through the city: unlike some of her fellow gondoliers, she looked as if she was more than capable of handling herself if it came to a fight, and that might dissuade any would-be marauders from picking on their gondola.

As they approached one of the bridges, a cloaked figure detached itself from the gloom between the buildings and strode to the apex of the bridge. Though their face was completely hidden in shadow, their figure swathed completely in folds of cloth, Mimir could feel their gaze on him.

They reached a gloved hand inside their cloak and drew out a glowing flask, reaching over the balustrade.

For a moment, Mimir thought they might be about to drop the flask - with who knew what consequences for himself and his gondolier - but then he realised that they were simply holding it out within his reach.

"I believe you will be needing this ..." the figure said. It was impossible to say whether the voice belonged to someone male or female.

Mimir glanced at his gondolier, who looked somewhat perturbed by the figure and this strange turn that the tour had taken. She kept the gondola moving steadily along the canal, not pausing as they reached the bridge to give him more time to decide.

With no time to think about his choice, Mimir made a snap decision. He rose to his feet - having no trouble balancing in the gondola thanks to his years aboard boats and ships of all kinds - and reached up to pluck the flask from the figure's grasp. He had never been one to refuse a freely-given gift, in any case.

A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[size=2] I couldn't resist ;3 Here the entries from the first four days of the tour[/size] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26889717][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/268898/26889717_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][size=7][font=Comic Sans MS][b]Eione's Travel Journal [/b][/size][/font][/center] [center][img]http://orig11.deviantart.net/48f3/f/2011/208/a/b/divider_by_canzeda-d41w92p.png[/img][/center] [indent][size=4][font=Lucida Console][b]Entry 1 - Arrival[/b][/size] [font=Lucida Console][b]Date[/b]: April 23, 2017 [font=Lucida Console][b]Location[/b]: Sea of a Thousand Currents - City of Levitos[/indent] I've always loved the Sea--have been fascinated by the beautiful element water. Back home at Clan Àidhear I opened and now operate the Baths near the Inn. Travelers and members of the clan alike can relax in a comforting atmosphere, while I get the chance to collect secrets. Have I already mentioned, that secrets are another of my favourite occupations? Well, a couple of weeks ago I overheard some travelers talking about a misterious place--the city of [b]Levito[/b]. It is stated, that Levito will only surface for a week at longest and only during the Wavecrest Saturnalia before it'll once more retreat into the Sea of a Thousand Currents. I knew immediately that I just HAD to get there and see this city with my very own eyes! Closing my Bath was no option, so I entrusted it to my capable staff. After that, I set flight towards the Sea of a Thousand Currents... And then I arrived! The glistening canals of this fair city. Never have I been to a place like this before, with it's narrow streets and dark canals twisting around each other in an intricate, amazing knot. It seems like every building and bridge is competing with it's neighbor to be more ornate and more spectacular. Every corner seemed to lead to another surprise and I have to exercise caution not to get lost inside this watery maze. After wandering around this newly risen city, I couldn't help but feel that a week is too short a time to explore an entire place. It saddened me; but as I rounded a corner, I suddenly noticed a motley group of dragons loitering around a few docked gondolas. Some dragon waved everyone nearer while shouting their invitations... [center][i]"We are sorry for the delay! Welcome to the Labyrinthine Levitos Tours! This way, dear travelers! You got to the right place! Sign up for your gondola tour throughout the city of Levitos! You should not miss this opportunity! Gondola tours through Levitos! Sign up now!"[/i][/center] Upon catching site of a potential customer, the gondoliers all seem eager to sway everyone into their boat, promising grand sites, smooth waters, and a chance to get off ones feet. It was the opportunity I was looking for. I had some words with one of the gondolieres--who's gondola, I was told, has the lovely name 'Projected Perfection'-- and then signed up for a tour with him. Let the tour begin~ [center][img]http://orig07.deviantart.net/7c30/f/2011/111/5/3/divider_ii_by_rbsrdesigns-d3ejqrj.png[/img][/center] [indent][size=4][font=Lucida Console][b]Entry 2 - Artistry[/b][/size] [font=Lucida Console][b]Date[/b]: April 24, 2017 [font=Lucida Console][b]Location[/b]: Cannaregio District - Conchcorde Bridge[/indent] After we set off, the gondoliere directed us to the local Cannaregio District. It's a lovely neighborhood encompassing the small communities of Levitos. When I started to ask questions, my guide was very eager to tell me more about his city... [center][i]"The Cannaregio Flats are known for their impressive architecture. There are also many artists flocking to this region to show off their wares. Actually, before I first rented a flat in Cannaregio I wasn't particularly keen on this area. It felt 'somehow sad' compared with other parts of this beautiful city. But as I started to spend more and more time here, I warmed to it considerably. It's away from the main street, very quiet with some picturesque canals and secretive, atmospheric corners. Well, it also has convenient transport links, useful shops and decent bars and restaurants. It doesn't have the tourist cachet or the youthfulness of other areas, but it's a good and well-balanced neighbourhood. I really love it here..."[/i][/center] Gliding along the canal, my tour guide also told me about the history of the Cannaregio Flats and the great historical dragons that helped construct the simple flats. Then suddenly, in the midst of him telling me about the three great failures of the Conchcorde Bridge, an artist interrupt my guide as he thrusted a gleaming piece of jewelry at me from the edge of the canal. It was quite beautiful, colors glinting from the sunlight as I turn it around in appreciation. It wasn't the most expensive thing I’ve seen so far and it was lovely... but I didn't need it necessarily. I still wanted to support the artist and so I handed over the money. Then I noticed this certain expression of my gondolier. One could tell, he had his eye on the piece of jewelry but he still remained silent, taking his job to only guide me to heart. So I didn't hesitate and offered him the purchased good. He'd told me so much about himself and this city, it just felt like the right thing to do. When he accepted the gift--after a lot of persuading on my behalf--his eyes lit up and a happy smile appeared on his face. With the possibility of having obtained a new friendship we continued on with the tour. [center][img]http://orig07.deviantart.net/7c30/f/2011/111/5/3/divider_ii_by_rbsrdesigns-d3ejqrj.png[/img][/center] [indent][size=4][font=Lucida Console][b]Entry 3 - Crossroad[/b][/size] [font=Lucida Console][b]Date[/b]: April 25, 2017 [font=Lucida Console][b]Location[/b]: Approaching Belltower Plaza - On the canals[/indent] As we continued along our route, the canal winded through the neighborhoods approaching the Belltower Plaza. The Belltower Plaza, I was told, is famous for its looming Belltower, adorned with fluted coral columns above which rests the bellfry inlaid with mother-of-pearl. Each side of the bellfry normally depicts a visage of the Tidelord and this year they’ve remodeled one side to portray the Daughter of the Sea! That sounded quite remarkable, and I was quite excited to have the chance to see it this Wavecrest. Then the gondola stopped. As I turned to my guide, I noticed this embarrassed and apologetic expression of his. [center][i]"I'm so sorry! I completely forgot about it! The neighborhood between Canareggio Flats and the Belltower Plaza is currently under construction and sometimes attracts... well, unusual visitors. I should have tured into another canal a little while ago. If I continue on, I can't completely ensure your safety--but there is still another route! It is safe, although longer and we might not have time to visit the last stop on the tour if we take it...."[/i][/center] Only then I started to notice a distinct run-down appearance to some of the buildings, and some bridges appear to have a few loose stones missing. The 'unusual visitors' part also sounded quite troublesome. It was tempting to sit back and leave the decision to my friendly guide. But that would have meant to take the safest route around while maybe missing some very interesting and unique parts of the city. [i]"It's fine! Please, head straight throught. We're going to be alright."[/i] I just said, smiling and looking forward to get around the next corner. [center][img]http://orig07.deviantart.net/7c30/f/2011/111/5/3/divider_ii_by_rbsrdesigns-d3ejqrj.png[/img][/center] [indent][size=4][font=Lucida Console][b]Entry 4 - Dubious Encounter[/b][/size] [font=Lucida Console][b]Date[/b]: April 26, 2017 [font=Lucida Console][b]Location[/b]: An unremarked area - Some alley of Levitos[/indent] We made our way through the dingy, often unremarked area of Levitos. The buildings do seem to be packed more closely together here, and many of the alleys between them seem cluttered and misleading. At this point, I was glad for at least the gondolier as another ally through the streets. At the same time, I was glad to traverse through the somewhat isolated canals rather than the clustered streets. Crouded places, tourists shouting and gaping everywhere--I really hated that part of visiting other places. Sometimes, I wished I could be the only one traveling the streets so I could take my time to look at everything more closely, without this uncomfortable feeling of hecticness, touristic hustle and bustle. It takes away so much of the experience, the feeling you could get of certain places. As we approached one of the sturdier looking bridges, I notice a cloaked figure stopping at the apex of the bridge. Reaching into their cloak, they pull out a glowing flask and hang it over the bridge. At first I though they might try to drop it on our gondola and opend my mouth for a shout of warning, until I heared them say [i]“I believe you will be needing this…”[/i] What was that dubious figure talking about?! They hold the potion aloft, waiting for me to react. There were questions and thoughts racing inside my head. 'Could I trust this figure? What was inside that flask? Why should I be needing it in the future?' My guide was particular quiet. 'Did he also notice the figure? Why wouldn't he have seen them? Couldn't he give me a little hint, how to react to everything?' I shook my head to calm down my agitated mind. 'It won't do any harm to take it with me for now. I can always decide later, if I want to actually use it...' And I reached up and accepted the potion. [i]"What is this? Why would I be needing th..."[/i] I started to ask aloud, but at that time, the figure was already gone.
I couldn't resist ;3 Here the entries from the first four days of the tour

26889717_350.png
Eione's Travel Journal
divider_by_canzeda-d41w92p.png

Entry 1 - Arrival
Date: April 23, 2017

I've always loved the Sea--have been fascinated by the beautiful element water. Back home at Clan Àidhear I opened and now operate the Baths near the Inn. Travelers and members of the clan alike can relax in a comforting atmosphere, while I get the chance to collect secrets. Have I already mentioned, that secrets are another of my favourite occupations?

Well, a couple of weeks ago I overheard some travelers talking about a misterious place--the city of Levito. It is stated, that Levito will only surface for a week at longest and only during the Wavecrest Saturnalia before it'll once more retreat into the Sea of a Thousand Currents. I knew immediately that I just HAD to get there and see this city with my very own eyes! Closing my Bath was no option, so I entrusted it to my capable staff. After that, I set flight towards the Sea of a Thousand Currents...

And then I arrived! The glistening canals of this fair city. Never have I been to a place like this before, with it's narrow streets and dark canals twisting around each other in an intricate, amazing knot. It seems like every building and bridge is competing with it's neighbor to be more ornate and more spectacular. Every corner seemed to lead to another surprise and I have to exercise caution not to get lost inside this watery maze.

After wandering around this newly risen city, I couldn't help but feel that a week is too short a time to explore an entire place. It saddened me; but as I rounded a corner, I suddenly noticed a motley group of dragons loitering around a few docked gondolas. Some dragon waved everyone nearer while shouting their invitations...

"We are sorry for the delay! Welcome to the Labyrinthine Levitos Tours!
This way, dear travelers! You got to the right place!
You should not miss this opportunity!
Gondola tours through Levitos! Sign up now!"

Upon catching site of a potential customer, the gondoliers all seem eager to sway everyone into their boat, promising grand sites, smooth waters, and a chance to get off ones feet. It was the opportunity I was looking for. I had some words with one of the gondolieres--who's gondola, I was told, has the lovely name 'Projected Perfection'-- and then signed up for a tour with him.

Let the tour begin~

divider_ii_by_rbsrdesigns-d3ejqrj.png

Entry 2 - Artistry
Date: April 24, 2017

After we set off, the gondoliere directed us to the local Cannaregio District. It's a lovely neighborhood encompassing the small communities of Levitos. When I started to ask questions, my guide was very eager to tell me more about his city...

"The Cannaregio Flats are known for their impressive architecture. There are also many artists flocking to this region to show off their wares.

Actually, before I first rented a flat in Cannaregio I wasn't particularly keen on this area. It felt 'somehow sad' compared with other parts of this beautiful city. But as I started to spend more and more time here, I warmed to it considerably. It's away from the main street, very quiet with some picturesque canals and secretive, atmospheric corners. Well, it also has convenient transport links, useful shops and decent bars and restaurants. It doesn't have the tourist cachet or the youthfulness of other areas, but it's a good and well-balanced neighbourhood. I really love it here..."

Gliding along the canal, my tour guide also told me about the history of the Cannaregio Flats and the great historical dragons that helped construct the simple flats. Then suddenly, in the midst of him telling me about the three great failures of the Conchcorde Bridge, an artist interrupt my guide as he thrusted a gleaming piece of jewelry at me from the edge of the canal. It was quite beautiful, colors glinting from the sunlight as I turn it around in appreciation. It wasn't the most expensive thing I’ve seen so far and it was lovely... but I didn't need it necessarily. I still wanted to support the artist and so I handed over the money.

Then I noticed this certain expression of my gondolier. One could tell, he had his eye on the piece of jewelry but he still remained silent, taking his job to only guide me to heart. So I didn't hesitate and offered him the purchased good. He'd told me so much about himself and this city, it just felt like the right thing to do. When he accepted the gift--after a lot of persuading on my behalf--his eyes lit up and a happy smile appeared on his face.

With the possibility of having obtained a new friendship we continued on with the tour.

Entry 3 - Crossroad
Date: April 25, 2017

As we continued along our route, the canal winded through the neighborhoods approaching the Belltower Plaza. The Belltower Plaza, I was told, is famous for its looming Belltower, adorned with fluted coral columns above which rests the bellfry inlaid with mother-of-pearl. Each side of the bellfry normally depicts a visage of the Tidelord and this year they’ve remodeled one side to portray the Daughter of the Sea!

That sounded quite remarkable, and I was quite excited to have the chance to see it this Wavecrest. Then the gondola stopped. As I turned to my guide, I noticed this embarrassed and apologetic expression of his.

"I'm so sorry! I completely forgot about it! The neighborhood between Canareggio Flats and the Belltower Plaza is currently under construction and sometimes attracts... well, unusual visitors. I should have tured into another canal a little while ago. If I continue on, I can't completely ensure your safety--but there is still another route! It is safe, although longer and we might not have time to visit the last stop on the tour if we take it...."

Only then I started to notice a distinct run-down appearance to some of the buildings, and some bridges appear to have a few loose stones missing. The 'unusual visitors' part also sounded quite troublesome. It was tempting to sit back and leave the decision to my friendly guide. But that would have meant to take the safest route around while maybe missing some very interesting and unique parts of the city.

"It's fine! Please, head straight throught. We're going to be alright." I just said, smiling and looking forward to get around the next corner.

Entry 4 - Dubious Encounter
Date: April 26, 2017

We made our way through the dingy, often unremarked area of Levitos. The buildings do seem to be packed more closely together here, and many of the alleys between them seem cluttered and misleading. At this point, I was glad for at least the gondolier as another ally through the streets. At the same time, I was glad to traverse through the somewhat isolated canals rather than the clustered streets. Crouded places, tourists shouting and gaping everywhere--I really hated that part of visiting other places. Sometimes, I wished I could be the only one traveling the streets so I could take my time to look at everything more closely, without this uncomfortable feeling of hecticness, touristic hustle and bustle. It takes away so much of the experience, the feeling you could get of certain places.

As we approached one of the sturdier looking bridges, I notice a cloaked figure stopping at the apex of the bridge. Reaching into their cloak, they pull out a glowing flask and hang it over the bridge. At first I though they might try to drop it on our gondola and opend my mouth for a shout of warning, until I heared them say “I believe you will be needing this…”

What was that dubious figure talking about?! They hold the potion aloft, waiting for me to react. There were questions and thoughts racing inside my head. 'Could I trust this figure? What was inside that flask? Why should I be needing it in the future?' My guide was particular quiet. 'Did he also notice the figure? Why wouldn't he have seen them? Couldn't he give me a little hint, how to react to everything?'

I shook my head to calm down my agitated mind. 'It won't do any harm to take it with me for now. I can always decide later, if I want to actually use it...' And I reached up and accepted the potion.

"What is this? Why would I be needing th..." I started to ask aloud, but at that time, the figure was already gone.
@MsEgghatcher Your cooldown has expired and you're welcome to move on to the second form below. [quote=Day 2:] https://goo.gl/forms/pbGvdR3ZwrsZTnSZ2 [/quote]
@MsEgghatcher Your cooldown has expired and you're welcome to move on to the second form below.

zqpG63L.png image0.png
@Krycelli

I like being able to read the other forms to find out where everyone else is going. Reading the stuff for those who went into a particular neighbourhood (which doesn't seem that bad) makes me wonder whether I took too many liberties with my last post, heh. Unless I hedged enough for it to be possibly waved off as: Octantis spooks more easily on his own or something. XP
@Krycelli

I like being able to read the other forms to find out where everyone else is going. Reading the stuff for those who went into a particular neighbourhood (which doesn't seem that bad) makes me wonder whether I took too many liberties with my last post, heh. Unless I hedged enough for it to be possibly waved off as: Octantis spooks more easily on his own or something. XP
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27608307] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/276084/27608307_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Day 3 and 4[/b] After the gondola was far from the angry artisan, Ceely could relax in her seat. She let out a romantic sigh as she stared at the sparkling piece of jewelry in her hands. Her eyes were captivated by it, and she was lost in a world of glitters and gold for a while. A Guardian gondolier made a hopeless attempt at doing his actual job, but his tales and warnings fell on deaf ears. Ceely faded further into her bright dreamland as the boat traveled further into the dark canal. It was a long way into the water route when Ceely finally lifted her head. The surroundings, dark, dismal, and dreary, starkly contrasted the marvelous sightings from before. Shadows danced on land, in the abandoned buildings, and at the depths of the river. She glanced at the hunk at the helm of the ship and scooted a bit closer to him. Looming ahead, an ominous figure stood on a bridge. Their silhouette was hard to recognize, but it seemed like they were watching, waiting for something. The gondola approached, and the cloaked dragon dangled something bright above them, croaking, "I believe you will be needing this..." Ceely's hand darted out, swiping the light and hissing at the dragon on the bridge. She kept an eye on the figure as the gondola floated away, clutching the bottle tightly. When she felt safe enough to take her eyes off of the horizon behind, she turned back and held up the item to examine it. The bottle was illuminated by the suspiciously glowing liquid it held inside. Unnerved by the words of what she perceived to be an old hag, Ceely wanted the bottle far away from her. Reasonably, she placed it in the center of her lap. For safekeeping.

27608307_350.png

Day 3 and 4

After the gondola was far from the angry artisan, Ceely could relax in her seat. She let out a romantic sigh as she stared at the sparkling piece of jewelry in her hands. Her eyes were captivated by it, and she was lost in a world of glitters and gold for a while. A Guardian gondolier made a hopeless attempt at doing his actual job, but his tales and warnings fell on deaf ears. Ceely faded further into her bright dreamland as the boat traveled further into the dark canal.

It was a long way into the water route when Ceely finally lifted her head. The surroundings, dark, dismal, and dreary, starkly contrasted the marvelous sightings from before. Shadows danced on land, in the abandoned buildings, and at the depths of the river. She glanced at the hunk at the helm of the ship and scooted a bit closer to him.

Looming ahead, an ominous figure stood on a bridge. Their silhouette was hard to recognize, but it seemed like they were watching, waiting for something. The gondola approached, and the cloaked dragon dangled something bright above them, croaking, "I believe you will be needing this..." Ceely's hand darted out, swiping the light and hissing at the dragon on the bridge. She kept an eye on the figure as the gondola floated away, clutching the bottle tightly. When she felt safe enough to take her eyes off of the horizon behind, she turned back and held up the item to examine it. The bottle was illuminated by the suspiciously glowing liquid it held inside. Unnerved by the words of what she perceived to be an old hag, Ceely wanted the bottle far away from her. Reasonably, she placed it in the center of her lap. For safekeeping.
r5CjlMV.gif tumblr_omqed5Uw7v1r6j4feo1_100.png ndq4O02.png
The gondolier seemed rather, relieved to not have to go through the shady district. Instead, the two girls found themselves in a smaller, less grand, but, quaint looking area. Their tour guide proudly proclaimed that they had grown up here. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30514875] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/305149/30514875_350.png[/img] [/url] "You grew up here?" Bea was immediately interested. Kailani knew from experience that the tundra would soon ask about various places of interest, places for food, and of course, stories about what it was like growing up here. "How different is it underwater I wonder?" Bea asked no one in particular. The mention of food only brought more interest, though, now their guide had both girls full attention. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31764390] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/317644/31764390_350.png[/img] [/url] "Bea, are you sure? We're already missing some of the tour." Kailani said, though she was sorely tempted to go herself. "It'll be fine! Besides, I can't wait to try some of the local cuisine. Think there'll be any recipe books in this city? The mix of light and water is sure to be interesting." Bea chattered, enthusiastic and already telling the gondolier that they'd stop for food. It didn't matter what kind of food it was, Bea would try it. "Food brings people together, I want to see new places and bring home something for my friends!" Had been the brief explanation Kailani had received when the tundra had been questioned about her unusual diet. The cart came into sight up ahead, and the absolutely heavenly smell in the air was more than enough to convince Kailani any stop would be worth it.
The gondolier seemed rather, relieved to not have to go through the shady district. Instead, the two girls found themselves in a smaller, less grand, but, quaint looking area. Their tour guide proudly proclaimed that they had grown up here.

30514875_350.png

"You grew up here?" Bea was immediately interested. Kailani knew from experience that the tundra would soon ask about various places of interest, places for food, and of course, stories about what it was like growing up here. "How different is it underwater I wonder?" Bea asked no one in particular. The mention of food only brought more interest, though, now their guide had both girls full attention.

31764390_350.png

"Bea, are you sure? We're already missing some of the tour." Kailani said, though she was sorely tempted to go herself.
"It'll be fine! Besides, I can't wait to try some of the local cuisine. Think there'll be any recipe books in this city? The mix of light and water is sure to be interesting." Bea chattered, enthusiastic and already telling the gondolier that they'd stop for food. It didn't matter what kind of food it was, Bea would try it. "Food brings people together, I want to see new places and bring home something for my friends!" Had been the brief explanation Kailani had received when the tundra had been questioned about her unusual diet.

The cart came into sight up ahead, and the absolutely heavenly smell in the air was more than enough to convince Kailani any stop would be worth it.
giphy.gif
@Krycelli

Oops, I missed a day...does my catch-up response have to be EXACTLY 12 hours or more, or is it rule of thumb for before/after rollover? (7:00 FRT here, could I submit my next response after rollover before bed, p. much) Thank you for your patience and cool event!
@Krycelli

Oops, I missed a day...does my catch-up response have to be EXACTLY 12 hours or more, or is it rule of thumb for before/after rollover? (7:00 FRT here, could I submit my next response after rollover before bed, p. much) Thank you for your patience and cool event!
frog_duck.pngducky3.png
@Delcat

It doesn't have to be exactly 12 hours, it's mostly so I have enough time to catch the responses without them all getting submitted at once. Go ahead and submit it before rollover, I'll just consider it "accepted" when 12 hours passes, which would still give you enough time to submit tomorrow's response when it gets posted
@Delcat

It doesn't have to be exactly 12 hours, it's mostly so I have enough time to catch the responses without them all getting submitted at once. Go ahead and submit it before rollover, I'll just consider it "accepted" when 12 hours passes, which would still give you enough time to submit tomorrow's response when it gets posted
zqpG63L.png image0.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14038352] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/140384/14038352_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14038353] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/140384/14038353_350.png[/img] [/url] The gondola pressed on, deeper and deeper into the run-down neighborhood. Here, the buildings were so close together that the sunlight struggled to peek through. Kelran swore he could feel eyes watching him from all directions, and Gazer thought she spotted shadowy figures scurrying about, but if anyone really was there, they were in no rush to make themselves known. That changed when the Pearlcatcher steered the boat beneath an especially tall bridge. A hooded figure- at this distance, it was impossible to even tell what kind of dragon it was- stood there, watching them. Kelran felt a chill run through his thick fur. What did they want? As they drew closer, the figure pulled a potion bottle out of his cloak and held it aloft. "You might need this," he said. Kelran and Gazer stared at each other for a moment, then in a flash, the Mirror leapt up and grabbed it right out of the figure's hand. "Are you sure?" Kelran asked. "What's the worst that could happen?" Gazer replied. "Maybe it's a special Water potion!" Kelran looked to their gondolier for a moment, but the Pearlcatcher simply shrugged. "I don't know anything about potions myself," she said. "So I can't advise you here." The Tundra looked back up at the bridge, but the hooded figure had already vanished. Gazer slipped the potion into a pouch around her waist as the gondola set off again. All three dragons on board had clearly been shaken by what had just happened. Hopefully things would brighten up again once they were out of this neighborhood.

14038352_350.png

14038353_350.png

The gondola pressed on, deeper and deeper into the run-down neighborhood. Here, the buildings were so close together that the sunlight struggled to peek through. Kelran swore he could feel eyes watching him from all directions, and Gazer thought she spotted shadowy figures scurrying about, but if anyone really was there, they were in no rush to make themselves known.

That changed when the Pearlcatcher steered the boat beneath an especially tall bridge. A hooded figure- at this distance, it was impossible to even tell what kind of dragon it was- stood there, watching them. Kelran felt a chill run through his thick fur. What did they want?

As they drew closer, the figure pulled a potion bottle out of his cloak and held it aloft. "You might need this," he said. Kelran and Gazer stared at each other for a moment, then in a flash, the Mirror leapt up and grabbed it right out of the figure's hand.

"Are you sure?" Kelran asked.

"What's the worst that could happen?" Gazer replied. "Maybe it's a special Water potion!"

Kelran looked to their gondolier for a moment, but the Pearlcatcher simply shrugged. "I don't know anything about potions myself," she said. "So I can't advise you here."

The Tundra looked back up at the bridge, but the hooded figure had already vanished. Gazer slipped the potion into a pouch around her waist as the gondola set off again. All three dragons on board had clearly been shaken by what had just happened. Hopefully things would brighten up again once they were out of this neighborhood.
xpP2XdL.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=266115&tab=dragon&did=31550438][img]https://i.imgbox.com/0Fhklbnm.png[/img][/url] "We mustn't lose sight of the fiend. Hold fast, friend!" Nils called before racing as fast as a Pearlcatcher could manage, but he was no match for a Mirror's speed. He lost sight of Octantis, even the goblin he so sought. He was alone in the shadiest part of Levitos he'd ever seen. Cramped buildings, suspicious parties, and the poet swore by the Stormcatcher he's tripped at least thrice on the pavement. Ultimately, he decided to cease searching for the Bubbling Goblin and return to his gondolier. Certainly Octantis would have thought the same. Looking overhead, it was too narrow to fly through. Blast. He was forced to walk. "Remain calm, relax your posture or the residents will think you suspicious..." He noticed a robed figure out of the corner of his eyes. His hide tingled in anticipation. "...You already look suspicious, Nils." He chided himself as another began following him. His tail coiled nervously, and he swallowed a definite screech when someone blocked his path. "You seem to be lost. May I interest you in a map?" Nils flared his impressive wingspan in a bout of self-defense. "NO! I understand I am a stranger in your territory, but you need only direct me toward the canals and we can forget this scuffle." He counted his blessings, he was not in possession of his pearl at this moment in time. Or he may have been in worse danger about now. Who knew if Pearlcatcher pearls were a delicacy in this district of ruffians! It was no use running, he would only fall further into the maze of streets and never be seen again. His back pressed against the fountain of a Bubbling Goblin, facing the strangers. Perhaps he overreacting a tad, but they looked like a pack of wolves who had just cornered their prey. His ears flicked backwards for a moment. Nils just heard a rustling beside him. Yet... there was only the fountain, correct? And from the corner of his peripherals, he spotted an unmistakable sheen. The Goblin?! Taking no chances, Nils jumped over the fountain and broke into a sprint. He followed the general direction of the shimmer down a singular alleyway until... [i]water.[/i] Unfurling his wings properly, the golden pearlcatcher began to fly in the wider berth of the canal. Quickly, he had escaped the confounds of the neighborhood, and miraculously saw the red glint of his gondolier and companions. "Blessèd be, I've found you all!" Nils landed on his spot at the helm of the gondola with the care of a dove, before clutching the gondola as if it was his only lifeline. If he wasn't in the public eye, he had half the mind to embrace it. He looked desperately at Giovanni. "Please, is there any other route we can take other than that dreaded dwelling?" Giovanni easily recognized his fear, and offered to distract the dainty poet with a game taught in his neighborhood, to pass the time and ease the nerves. Reluctantly, he agreed. He would be of no use searching for his tome a jittery mess. As for the way he reached them, Nils never saw hide nor scale of the Goblin, but was all too grateful to be out of there to care. ---------- @Stanzascale Well, I caught up finally XD. It made perfect sense, no need to worry! Back onto adventure as I crudely mix two into one LOL
0Fhklbnm.png
"We mustn't lose sight of the fiend. Hold fast, friend!" Nils called before racing as fast as a Pearlcatcher could manage, but he was no match for a Mirror's speed. He lost sight of Octantis, even the goblin he so sought. He was alone in the shadiest part of Levitos he'd ever seen. Cramped buildings, suspicious parties, and the poet swore by the Stormcatcher he's tripped at least thrice on the pavement. Ultimately, he decided to cease searching for the Bubbling Goblin and return to his gondolier. Certainly Octantis would have thought the same. Looking overhead, it was too narrow to fly through. Blast. He was forced to walk.

"Remain calm, relax your posture or the residents will think you suspicious..." He noticed a robed figure out of the corner of his eyes. His hide tingled in anticipation.

"...You already look suspicious, Nils." He chided himself as another began following him. His tail coiled nervously, and he swallowed a definite screech when someone blocked his path.

"You seem to be lost. May I interest you in a map?" Nils flared his impressive wingspan in a bout of self-defense.

"NO! I understand I am a stranger in your territory, but you need only direct me toward the canals and we can forget this scuffle." He counted his blessings, he was not in possession of his pearl at this moment in time. Or he may have been in worse danger about now. Who knew if Pearlcatcher pearls were a delicacy in this district of ruffians! It was no use running, he would only fall further into the maze of streets and never be seen again. His back pressed against the fountain of a Bubbling Goblin, facing the strangers. Perhaps he overreacting a tad, but they looked like a pack of wolves who had just cornered their prey.

His ears flicked backwards for a moment. Nils just heard a rustling beside him. Yet... there was only the fountain, correct? And from the corner of his peripherals, he spotted an unmistakable sheen. The Goblin?! Taking no chances, Nils jumped over the fountain and broke into a sprint. He followed the general direction of the shimmer down a singular alleyway until... water. Unfurling his wings properly, the golden pearlcatcher began to fly in the wider berth of the canal. Quickly, he had escaped the confounds of the neighborhood, and miraculously saw the red glint of his gondolier and companions.

"Blessèd be, I've found you all!" Nils landed on his spot at the helm of the gondola with the care of a dove, before clutching the gondola as if it was his only lifeline. If he wasn't in the public eye, he had half the mind to embrace it. He looked desperately at Giovanni.

"Please, is there any other route we can take other than that dreaded dwelling?" Giovanni easily recognized his fear, and offered to distract the dainty poet with a game taught in his neighborhood, to pass the time and ease the nerves. Reluctantly, he agreed. He would be of no use searching for his tome a jittery mess. As for the way he reached them, Nils never saw hide nor scale of the Goblin, but was all too grateful to be out of there to care.

@Stanzascale
Well, I caught up finally XD. It made perfect sense, no need to worry! Back onto adventure as I crudely mix two into one LOL
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
fFNApWQ.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
S3J5uo7.png
Open to all Pings/PMs. Don't be shy, I'd love to chat!

Beasts collected: 1070. If you're offering any familiars I'm missing, please contact me!
u6ogC2Q.gif
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 43 44