Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WS] Labyrinthine Levitos Tours - CYOA
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 43 44
[quote name="Krycelli" date=2017-04-26 11:48:29] Day 4 is finally here! Thank you all for your patience, we're starting to split into quite a few groups so pay close attention to the post you're pinged to. If you're having trouble finding the correct post, I'd recommend using ctrl+f and searching for your username to find the post with your username. Let me know if anyone has any questions and I'm happy to direct you to the appropriate form. Sorry it looks like I missed two groups of pings, so I'll ping you all to a quoted post of where you should have been pinged. [quote=Day 4B-P] https://goo.gl/forms/sIquINidYqInUVyC3 [/quote] Congratulations to @/epicpython for winning the Day 3 Raffle! Your [item=Sopping Tidelord Sackdoll] and [item=Water Runestone] are on their way. Today's Daily Raffle is: [item=Twice-Dyed Mantle] Good luck to everyone and once again thanks for playing! [/quote] [size=2]@Leucine @Nightshire[/size]
Krycelli wrote on 2017-04-26:
Day 4 is finally here! Thank you all for your patience, we're starting to split into quite a few groups so pay close attention to the post you're pinged to. If you're having trouble finding the correct post, I'd recommend using ctrl+f and searching for your username to find the post with your username. Let me know if anyone has any questions and I'm happy to direct you to the appropriate form.

Sorry it looks like I missed two groups of pings, so I'll ping you all to a quoted post of where you should have been pinged.

Congratulations to @/epicpython for winning the Day 3 Raffle! Your Sopping Tidelord Sackdoll and Water Runestone are on their way.

Today's Daily Raffle is:

Twice-Dyed Mantle

Good luck to everyone and once again thanks for playing!

@Leucine @Nightshire
zqpG63L.png image0.png
Ok that should be everyone, but please let me know if you did not receive a ping!
Ok that should be everyone, but please let me know if you did not receive a ping!
zqpG63L.png image0.png
Ooo-hoo, love the badges. These will be a nice souvenir. ------------ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29988248] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/299883/29988248_350.png[/img] [/url] As they wound their way through the dilapidated neighborhood, Fulgrim and the gondolier both began to relax. As Skydancers, they could both tell that there really was no-one there. To be sure, it was a bit creepy to find an area of vibrant Levitos this deserted, but Fulgrim preferred it to the alternative. He was even considering asking Giovanni to tell them why the place was called "Cacthfire," when the gondolier gasped sharply. A moment later, Fulgrim sensed the same thing. There, on the bridge ahead of them. Not agitated. Not hostile? As they glided closer, a black-cloaked dragon stood up behind a railing. The mysterious figure was holding a glowing flask, dangling it above their passing boat. "Here," came the words. "I think you might be needing this." The two Skydancers stared at it in stupefaction. Only Courageous moved. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31116695] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/311167/31116695_350.png[/img] [/url] Maintaining her balance perfectly, the Pearlcatcher reached up and took the flask with one graceful hand. "Thank you," she said politely. "Might I inquire-" The dragon ran off, claws clicking lightly against stone, and disappeared down a winding street. "Hm. Interesting." It was Fulgrim who found his voice first. "Do you make a habit of accepting packages from cloaked strangers in bad parts of town, parolee?" She ignored his question. "Can either of you identify this?" Giovanni shook his head. Fulgrim pressed on. "I feel the need to point out that you're not the only one on this boat. I'm here. Giovanni's here, as much as he tries to blend into the scenery. When you take stupid risks on your own initiative, you're not just gambling with your own life! What kind of oh-so-perfect noblewoman gambles with other people's money?" Courageous just shook her head, as if his words were nothing more than a momentary breeze. "Dear Fulgrim, gambling with other people's money sums up most financial markets. But let us get out of the weeds. You wish to make decisions on this trip? Very well. All you had to do was ask." "I believe I had asked already," he said, his tone icy. "Whining under your breath and giving pained glances is not the same as making a request." Her rebuke done, she turned her head to look at the city passing by. Fulgrim resisted the urge to glare at her or whine. Instead, he used his supernatural senses to gauge her emotional state. Calm as a still pond. She really didn't care. Fulgrim narrowed his eyes. Dragons in the north, ones who never traveled to the Icefield, thought that Ice dragons must be cold and uncaring. Really, the opposite was true. They formed tight-knit families, communities; they banded together to survive their harsh environment. In his experience, the cold ones were of Light, like Courageous. They had the gift of looking so far out that dragons transformed into ants. ------ Okay, I did not expect the story to develop in this direction. To be honest, I thought of Courageous as more of a meek character before I started. Turns out she's still the same dragon who ruthlessly murdered all her rivals. She just has smaller goals now.
Ooo-hoo, love the badges. These will be a nice souvenir.

29988248_350.png

As they wound their way through the dilapidated neighborhood, Fulgrim and the gondolier both began to relax. As Skydancers, they could both tell that there really was no-one there. To be sure, it was a bit creepy to find an area of vibrant Levitos this deserted, but Fulgrim preferred it to the alternative. He was even considering asking Giovanni to tell them why the place was called "Cacthfire," when the gondolier gasped sharply. A moment later, Fulgrim sensed the same thing. There, on the bridge ahead of them. Not agitated. Not hostile?

As they glided closer, a black-cloaked dragon stood up behind a railing. The mysterious figure was holding a glowing flask, dangling it above their passing boat.

"Here," came the words. "I think you might be needing this." The two Skydancers stared at it in stupefaction. Only Courageous moved.

31116695_350.png

Maintaining her balance perfectly, the Pearlcatcher reached up and took the flask with one graceful hand. "Thank you," she said politely. "Might I inquire-" The dragon ran off, claws clicking lightly against stone, and disappeared down a winding street. "Hm. Interesting."

It was Fulgrim who found his voice first. "Do you make a habit of accepting packages from cloaked strangers in bad parts of town, parolee?"

She ignored his question. "Can either of you identify this?" Giovanni shook his head. Fulgrim pressed on.

"I feel the need to point out that you're not the only one on this boat. I'm here. Giovanni's here, as much as he tries to blend into the scenery. When you take stupid risks on your own initiative, you're not just gambling with your own life! What kind of oh-so-perfect noblewoman gambles with other people's money?"

Courageous just shook her head, as if his words were nothing more than a momentary breeze. "Dear Fulgrim, gambling with other people's money sums up most financial markets. But let us get out of the weeds. You wish to make decisions on this trip? Very well. All you had to do was ask."

"I believe I had asked already," he said, his tone icy.

"Whining under your breath and giving pained glances is not the same as making a request." Her rebuke done, she turned her head to look at the city passing by. Fulgrim resisted the urge to glare at her or whine. Instead, he used his supernatural senses to gauge her emotional state.

Calm as a still pond. She really didn't care. Fulgrim narrowed his eyes. Dragons in the north, ones who never traveled to the Icefield, thought that Ice dragons must be cold and uncaring. Really, the opposite was true. They formed tight-knit families, communities; they banded together to survive their harsh environment. In his experience, the cold ones were of Light, like Courageous. They had the gift of looking so far out that dragons transformed into ants.

Okay, I did not expect the story to develop in this direction. To be honest, I thought of Courageous as more of a meek character before I started. Turns out she's still the same dragon who ruthlessly murdered all her rivals. She just has smaller goals now.
je1KGwo.png
@anandapanda @Origamer @GoldenSongstress @ViziVoir @argylion @Katelle @clarax @DraigTeg @Alephelion @Elysadie @Tyeth @Canisa

I have 3 responses to Form 4B-S while it was missing a Username & ID field, so I have no way of knowing who submitted these. If you've already submitted a response to the previous form, please resubmit one with your username so I know who to award tickets to. I can try to process of elimination figure it out if everyone else is able to submit the form, but it would be easier to guarantee yourselves the tickets you earned by just resubmitting the form. Huge apologies to those of you for having to submit it twice!
@anandapanda @Origamer @GoldenSongstress @ViziVoir @argylion @Katelle @clarax @DraigTeg @Alephelion @Elysadie @Tyeth @Canisa

I have 3 responses to Form 4B-S while it was missing a Username & ID field, so I have no way of knowing who submitted these. If you've already submitted a response to the previous form, please resubmit one with your username so I know who to award tickets to. I can try to process of elimination figure it out if everyone else is able to submit the form, but it would be easier to guarantee yourselves the tickets you earned by just resubmitting the form. Huge apologies to those of you for having to submit it twice!
zqpG63L.png image0.png
@Krycelli ( the badge for the Projected Perfection tour reads "The Projected Projection Tour" XD) Also, I've been busy and not kept up with writing Tyndall's story, but it's been building in my head, so: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16872797] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/168728/16872797_350.png[/img] [/url] Monday: Tyndall listened carefully to Arianna's stories while also twisting this way and that to make sure he didn't miss seeing any of the lovely architecture they were passing. During one of these turns he found himself faced with an artist showing off a lovely piece of jewelry. Tyndall admired the piece but started to explain that jewelry really isn't his thing. As he was doing so, however, he noticed Arianna looking at it wistfully and the artist looking disappointed. He continued, "but even though I wouldn't wear it myself it really is lovely... perhaps I can find a use for it" and handed over the requested treasure. Once Arianna had taken them a little farther down the canal and he could see that the artist had moved on to their next potential customer, Tyndall smiled at Arianna and bowed slightly "Would you be interested in this lovely piece, my lady? I think it would suit you and I couldn't bear to disappoint the artist even though it's not something I would wear myself." Tuesday: As Arianna explained the situation Tyndall pondered briefly. "Seeing all of the official stops is nice, but there is always so much more to a city than its fancy attractions. The longer route just means that I'll see parts of the city that are often otherwise missed. They may not be as famous, but that doesn't mean they are any less lovely. Destinations are nice, but the journey is often more worth while." Wednesday: Tyndall grinned, "I'm very glad we had to detour - I'd love to see your neighborhood! I'm... not usually very good at the whole sitting quietly and thinking thing - I usually have too much energy - but I can appreciate beauty even if not quite in the typical way. Perhaps you could tell me some of your stories of growing up here on the way?"
@Krycelli

( the badge for the Projected Perfection tour reads "The Projected Projection Tour" XD)

Also, I've been busy and not kept up with writing Tyndall's story, but it's been building in my head, so:

16872797_350.png

Monday:
Tyndall listened carefully to Arianna's stories while also twisting this way and that to make sure he didn't miss seeing any of the lovely architecture they were passing. During one of these turns he found himself faced with an artist showing off a lovely piece of jewelry. Tyndall admired the piece but started to explain that jewelry really isn't his thing. As he was doing so, however, he noticed Arianna looking at it wistfully and the artist looking disappointed. He continued, "but even though I wouldn't wear it myself it really is lovely... perhaps I can find a use for it" and handed over the requested treasure.

Once Arianna had taken them a little farther down the canal and he could see that the artist had moved on to their next potential customer, Tyndall smiled at Arianna and bowed slightly "Would you be interested in this lovely piece, my lady? I think it would suit you and I couldn't bear to disappoint the artist even though it's not something I would wear myself."

Tuesday:
As Arianna explained the situation Tyndall pondered briefly. "Seeing all of the official stops is nice, but there is always so much more to a city than its fancy attractions. The longer route just means that I'll see parts of the city that are often otherwise missed. They may not be as famous, but that doesn't mean they are any less lovely. Destinations are nice, but the journey is often more worth while."

Wednesday:
Tyndall grinned, "I'm very glad we had to detour - I'd love to see your neighborhood! I'm... not usually very good at the whole sitting quietly and thinking thing - I usually have too much energy - but I can appreciate beauty even if not quite in the typical way. Perhaps you could tell me some of your stories of growing up here on the way?"
@Krycelli

What is 3B-S? The form I was pinged to yesterday was 3A, and the one I was pinged to today was for 4, not 3. I'm more than happy to fill out a needed form again, but could you tell me which page it is on? Thanks!
@Krycelli

What is 3B-S? The form I was pinged to yesterday was 3A, and the one I was pinged to today was for 4, not 3. I'm more than happy to fill out a needed form again, but could you tell me which page it is on? Thanks!
fw5Pc0h.png
@Canisa

4B-S! Yes...that's what I meant...my brain is spinning in number & letter pairs, oh goodness. Thank you for catching that! I'll link you to the form here just in case as well: https://******/forms/8q1eewZDbjpaCwEQ2
@Canisa

4B-S! Yes...that's what I meant...my brain is spinning in number & letter pairs, oh goodness. Thank you for catching that! I'll link you to the form here just in case as well: https://******/forms/8q1eewZDbjpaCwEQ2
zqpG63L.png image0.png
@KalynaAnne

Thank you! The badges have been fixed :)
@KalynaAnne

Thank you! The badges have been fixed :)
zqpG63L.png image0.png
@Krycelli

Ah. That explains it then. (And you're welcome. ;) ). I was pretty sure I had filled that out with my username, but I did it again just now just in case. Thanks for responding so fast!
@Krycelli

Ah. That explains it then. (And you're welcome. ;) ). I was pretty sure I had filled that out with my username, but I did it again just now just in case. Thanks for responding so fast!
fw5Pc0h.png
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=90&bodygene=10&breed=7&element=8&gender=0&tert=78&tertgene=13&winggene=8&wings=43&auth=0975c2d566c65c8108c90e7d926e1538a2564626&dummyext=prev.png[/img] The Spiral and the Tundra were passing by the streets of Levitos, even if they seemed to be falling apart. However, the spiral wasn't worried about anything. That is, until a cloacked figure made the gondola rider stop. It had what seemed to be a potion. "You will need this." It said. "Well...sure thing!" The spiral took the potion, and the silent gondola rider continued the tour.
dragon?age=1&body=90&bodygene=10&breed=7&element=8&gender=0&tert=78&tertgene=13&winggene=8&wings=43&auth=0975c2d566c65c8108c90e7d926e1538a2564626&dummyext=prev.png

The Spiral and the Tundra were passing by the streets of Levitos, even if they seemed to be falling apart. However, the spiral wasn't worried about anything. That is, until a cloacked figure made the gondola rider stop. It had what seemed to be a potion.

"You will need this." It said.

"Well...sure thing!" The spiral took the potion, and the silent gondola rider continued the tour.
I always subscribe to my threads, but not to other people's.

I also like roleplaying.
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 43 44