Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WS] Labyrinthine Levitos Tours - CYOA
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
@SkyyeofEmber Great! Then your ending would be: Ending 11: [quote=Ending 11]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l1e97UDf4G2znQ_S_VwzeamajgVA27nwSM7OtOSxZnk/edit?usp=sharing[/quote] Thanks for playing and I hope you enjoyed your route!
@SkyyeofEmber

Great! Then your ending would be:

Ending 11:
Thanks for playing and I hope you enjoyed your route!
zqpG63L.png image0.png
@Kyrcelli I'll take the bronze tier
@Kyrcelli I'll take the bronze tier
giphy.gif
@andreaissy

Sending your prize over now!

Which means @dawnsong, I'll be sending over the Silver tier to you as well!
@andreaissy

Sending your prize over now!

Which means @dawnsong, I'll be sending over the Silver tier to you as well!
zqpG63L.png image0.png
@Rocwylde We’re definitely not going to one of the quiet celebrations that the wooden-mask selectors did. XD ~~~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=287148][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/2872/287148.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=767253][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/7673/767253.png[/img][/url] “At your service!” Octantis responded to the Spiral’s gratitude at having their property returned. It was another successful quest, and one pulled off with nary a hitch as rarely occurs. “It has been a pleasure to venture forth at your side, great bard.” The Mirror returned Nils’s camaraderie. “Ah, delays, detours and distractions happen. It’s been lovely to see the city and hear so many stories.” Faryelle responded to Giovanni’s proferred apology. “Painted streets, prophetic bubbles, streets of gold, a ring restored…no one’s forgetting this trip in a hurry.” Octantis added. For the bard’s burgeoning diatribe to be cut off was met with surprise. The cause was only processed when, not for the first time that day, Nils leapt from the gondola. Only for the encounter to be seemingly be resolved before anyone else had time to react. “How does something get that fast?” Faryelle was baffled at the way the goblin vanished within a few blinks of being spotted once again. “Has it been here all this time since we lost it?” Octantis couldn’t help a little curiosity as to what it did when it wasn’t pestering the poor Pearlcatcher. As Giovanni and Nils seemed to have the matter of docking under control, the remaining two dragons stayed out of the way after they debarked. It was that point that it was suggested by the Pearlcatcher that they continue on together to witness the Marriage of the Sea. “But of course! Who could miss the highlight of Levitos’ festivities?” Octantis exclaimed. “Thank you very much.” Faryelle said to their gondolier before turning to Nils. “And that sounds wonderful!” [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=159574][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1596/159574.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=244838][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/2449/244838.png[/img][/url] “Iiiiit’s Octantis and Fary!” A Spiral’s voice called. The two addressees turned to see Chirro, carried by a strange Wildclaw, while Sarynid fluttered alongside. “Now if you would pass Chirro our friend Octantis…” Sarynid indicated the Mirror to the Wildclaw, easily the biggest of the disembarkers, “…we can all head to the ceremony. Thank you.” Once the request was completed, the hired Wildclaw gave a bow and was on her way. Meanwhile Chirro was setting to catching up on the day. “Hiya, Octantis! Were there lots of cool things, huh, huh? That gondola over there looks really shiny. Were you on it? Did you fall out?” He caught sight of Nils. “Nice hat!” Faryelle nodded to all of Chirro’s questions. “Nice to see you so peppy again.” She commented to the Spiral. Octantis laughed goodheartedly. “You seemed to be running late. So I decided we should come and meet you.” Although Sarynid’s monotone was an unremarkable trait among Fae, just how little his crests moved implied that even to a Fae he would be deadpan. He regarded the bright Pearlcatcher. “Mm, this is Nils.” Faryelle explained. “A great bard.” Octantis added. “Nils, these two are Sary-” “-Sarynid-” “-and Chirro.” Faryelle finished, albeit with Fae's interjection. “Didja get masks while you were out, huh?” Chirro, already wearing his, looked to see if any of the disembarkers were carrying any. “Ah, it’s dusk soon. The ceremony won’t be long now.” Faryelle looked up at the darkening sky. “Fun! Balloons! Cake!” Chirro squirmed on Octantis’s back in excitement. “The stall-owner we purchased ours from earlier said he would stay open for business right up until the beginning of the ceremony.” Sarynid pointed out to them. “Perfect! There’s no time to delay!” Octantis began heading up the street from which the Fae and Spiral had come. “I’m certain he was repainting his price-board as we were leaving, however.” Sarynid muttered. “It was a cart with wheeeels! Not fast ones though.” Chirro chirped. “So does that mean the stall might have moved?” At Faryelle’s question, Octantis stopped walking. “Is this a split-up-and-look-for-clues day or not?” Octantis wondered.
@Rocwylde
We’re definitely not going to one of the quiet celebrations that the wooden-mask selectors did. XD

~~~

287148.png767253.png

“At your service!” Octantis responded to the Spiral’s gratitude at having their property returned. It was another successful quest, and one pulled off with nary a hitch as rarely occurs.
“It has been a pleasure to venture forth at your side, great bard.” The Mirror returned Nils’s camaraderie.

“Ah, delays, detours and distractions happen. It’s been lovely to see the city and hear so many stories.” Faryelle responded to Giovanni’s proferred apology.
“Painted streets, prophetic bubbles, streets of gold, a ring restored…no one’s forgetting this trip in a hurry.” Octantis added.

For the bard’s burgeoning diatribe to be cut off was met with surprise. The cause was only processed when, not for the first time that day, Nils leapt from the gondola. Only for the encounter to be seemingly be resolved before anyone else had time to react.
“How does something get that fast?” Faryelle was baffled at the way the goblin vanished within a few blinks of being spotted once again.
“Has it been here all this time since we lost it?” Octantis couldn’t help a little curiosity as to what it did when it wasn’t pestering the poor Pearlcatcher.
As Giovanni and Nils seemed to have the matter of docking under control, the remaining two dragons stayed out of the way after they debarked. It was that point that it was suggested by the Pearlcatcher that they continue on together to witness the Marriage of the Sea.
“But of course! Who could miss the highlight of Levitos’ festivities?” Octantis exclaimed.
“Thank you very much.” Faryelle said to their gondolier before turning to Nils. “And that sounds wonderful!”

159574.png244838.png

“Iiiiit’s Octantis and Fary!” A Spiral’s voice called.
The two addressees turned to see Chirro, carried by a strange Wildclaw, while Sarynid fluttered alongside.
“Now if you would pass Chirro our friend Octantis…” Sarynid indicated the Mirror to the Wildclaw, easily the biggest of the disembarkers, “…we can all head to the ceremony. Thank you.” Once the request was completed, the hired Wildclaw gave a bow and was on her way. Meanwhile Chirro was setting to catching up on the day.
“Hiya, Octantis! Were there lots of cool things, huh, huh? That gondola over there looks really shiny. Were you on it? Did you fall out?” He caught sight of Nils. “Nice hat!”
Faryelle nodded to all of Chirro’s questions. “Nice to see you so peppy again.” She commented to the Spiral. Octantis laughed goodheartedly.
“You seemed to be running late. So I decided we should come and meet you.” Although Sarynid’s monotone was an unremarkable trait among Fae, just how little his crests moved implied that even to a Fae he would be deadpan. He regarded the bright Pearlcatcher.
“Mm, this is Nils.” Faryelle explained.
“A great bard.” Octantis added.
“Nils, these two are Sary-”
“-Sarynid-”
“-and Chirro.” Faryelle finished, albeit with Fae's interjection.

“Didja get masks while you were out, huh?” Chirro, already wearing his, looked to see if any of the disembarkers were carrying any.
“Ah, it’s dusk soon. The ceremony won’t be long now.” Faryelle looked up at the darkening sky.
“Fun! Balloons! Cake!” Chirro squirmed on Octantis’s back in excitement.
“The stall-owner we purchased ours from earlier said he would stay open for business right up until the beginning of the ceremony.” Sarynid pointed out to them.
“Perfect! There’s no time to delay!” Octantis began heading up the street from which the Fae and Spiral had come.
“I’m certain he was repainting his price-board as we were leaving, however.” Sarynid muttered.
“It was a cart with wheeeels! Not fast ones though.” Chirro chirped.
“So does that mean the stall might have moved?” At Faryelle’s question, Octantis stopped walking.

“Is this a split-up-and-look-for-clues day or not?” Octantis wondered.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@Krycelli

I love reading all the endings even though I don't understand most of them..XD is it too much to ask for the other endings you've not posted (Endings 3,6,14,15,8,21,23, 26(?))

Anyhow thank you so much for hosting this! ^^ I enjoyed it thoroughly even if I was late to the prompts (I was on vacay and had limited internet access XD)
@Krycelli

I love reading all the endings even though I don't understand most of them..XD is it too much to ask for the other endings you've not posted (Endings 3,6,14,15,8,21,23, 26(?))

Anyhow thank you so much for hosting this! ^^ I enjoyed it thoroughly even if I was late to the prompts (I was on vacay and had limited internet access XD)
9rffWp7.pngaWMT9t0.pngezXcb0S.pngfft0ISG.pngF0xe8dU.gifK2bRISJ.pngJeJCbPi.gifmake_a_wish_pink_by_shardlovespotatoes-dbuh5fp.pngfe91xe6.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=266115&tab=dragon&did=31550438][img]https://i.imgbox.com/0Fhklbnm.png[/img][/url] After a final farewell was said with Giovanni, he headed out once more on his next tour. "Au revoir, GIovanni!" Nils waved a claw, before taking off his tam and placing it to his chest with a greeting bow. "Always a pleasure to meet new faces, Sarynid and Chirro! May I say the masks look fantastic. It reminds me of a curious spiral I came across on my journeys..." He stopped himself before inevitably going off on another tangent. "Oh! MASKS! Blast, you mentioned the vendor was repainting their signs?" His pockets shuddered at the dark truth of inflation that was sure to come. "And a vendor on wheels you say? It would appear to be so, Octantis. Perhaps if we each take a differing road the vendor would be easier to find?" Maybe flying would be a viable option as well. "Or we could fly if need be. Let me scout ahead. I will inform you if I find the vendor. We must hurry before dusk settles and we miss the celebration! This truly is a journey of utmost importance!" With a flap of his wings, Nils was away and headfirst into the search for the mask salesdragon. ---------- @stanzascale For the last two days my keyboard wasn't working, it was AWFUL. I couldn't write my heart out ||D But it's in [i]relative[/i] working order now. So it's a little short as a result, I apologize!
0Fhklbnm.png
After a final farewell was said with Giovanni, he headed out once more on his next tour. "Au revoir, GIovanni!" Nils waved a claw, before taking off his tam and placing it to his chest with a greeting bow.

"Always a pleasure to meet new faces, Sarynid and Chirro! May I say the masks look fantastic. It reminds me of a curious spiral I came across on my journeys..." He stopped himself before inevitably going off on another tangent.

"Oh! MASKS! Blast, you mentioned the vendor was repainting their signs?" His pockets shuddered at the dark truth of inflation that was sure to come. "And a vendor on wheels you say? It would appear to be so, Octantis. Perhaps if we each take a differing road the vendor would be easier to find?" Maybe flying would be a viable option as well.

"Or we could fly if need be. Let me scout ahead. I will inform you if I find the vendor. We must hurry before dusk settles and we miss the celebration! This truly is a journey of utmost importance!" With a flap of his wings, Nils was away and headfirst into the search for the mask salesdragon.
@stanzascale
For the last two days my keyboard wasn't working, it was AWFUL. I couldn't write my heart out ||D But it's in relative working order now. So it's a little short as a result, I apologize!
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
fFNApWQ.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
S3J5uo7.png
Open to all Pings/PMs. Don't be shy, I'd love to chat!

Beasts collected: 1070. If you're offering any familiars I'm missing, please contact me!
u6ogC2Q.gif
@Krycelli

Hi, I realized I never got pinged for the ending post. Would you mind pointing me to where I need to go? ^-^
@Krycelli

Hi, I realized I never got pinged for the ending post. Would you mind pointing me to where I need to go? ^-^
7zcCDc4.png
@Bluecupcake52 I'm so sorry I must have missed some people with their ending pings. You should have been pinged to: [quote=Ending 5]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DkIabDqy1cxWDfxZqg1ntC9UK4oFuTz8B1N01fMePe0/edit?usp=sharing[/quote] [/quote]
@Bluecupcake52

I'm so sorry I must have missed some people with their ending pings.

You should have been pinged to:
[/quote]
zqpG63L.png image0.png
@Rocwylde I’d been glancing at your profile and noticed you hadn’t posted to anything in a few days and so figured there was a reason. ^^; Really sorry for the drop in activity on my end. It was a strangely busy weekend and now I’m in the midst of exams. *picks semi-random compass direction out of the air* I'll also note that I just generated some mask ideas. Don't take it as an exhaustive list and feel free to make up your own. :) ~~~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=287148][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/2872/287148.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=767253][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/7673/767253.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=159574][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1596/159574.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=244838][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/2449/244838.png[/img][/url] Sarynid acknowledged Nils’s remark with a nod, whilst Chirro flicked his ears up, “Oh, oh, ohhh?” A companion of the duo who’d set out on the tour, and a Wind dragon no less? No surprise that he should be curious of what past travels the bard had to tell. Alas, though Nils’s audience was willing to wait, time was not. With determination as the rough plan of action formed, Octantis too gave Nils a nod. “Right. Chirro and I’ll take the boulevard. Nils, you and Faryelle can each check North-West and North-East. Sarynid, can you-” “-It will take longer if you wait for me to catch up.” The Fae remarked on his smaller wingspan being less than optimal for covering decent distances quickly. Not to mention that, after a long period of meditation, Sarynid wasn’t exactly prepared for intense exertion. An oversight on his part, perhaps. “Then…you can go with Nils or Faryelle?” So the group separated to look for sign or word of the merchant’s passing. Shaking heads, a laughing couple ready in their lace for a night of revelry passing by, a fledgling trying to coax an irrepressible familiar into sitting still to be put into a bowtie and boater. Every so often they’d find someone who recognised the description of what they sought. “Your tour was late and you had to miss the gift-shop because it had shut? How disappointing that must be.” A Guardian in siren sylvan garbs remarked. “Although, I do think I saw someone with a cart like you say, up the street past the next thoroughfare, I think? I do not recall how long it’s been since. Good luck!” Although at times it seemed they had just missed him, passersby continued to recognise the description as the trail of sightings was followed. It was Faryelle who yielded the most decisive answer. “Oh, [i]that[/i] scallywag. He always pushes his luck. He won’t let it show, but it’ll make him happy to have some late-shoppers this year. His perch right now won’t be far from a particular one of the more bustling celebration hotspots. Follow this street here, take the second right…” The Skydancer sped off to share with the group where their goal was. “Behind us.” Sarynid pointed out to the bard he had opted to accompany. “It seems Faryelle has found something.” Little light remained in the sky by the time they found the stallowner. Although flaking in a couple of spots, the cart retained its clear stripes of azure and white. Hanging upon it were several masks. Variant in size and shape to accommodate a range of patrons. Although the array wasn’t as impressive, or the craftsmanship so fine, as that the tour gift-shop was said to be, it was no rag-and-bone cart. Here a round mask was painted with inky-black spirals, there a pointed mask flared out at the sides with feathers. A few interesting stones that looked not dissimilar to semi-precious ones accentuated the brow and cheeks of a pale mask. An ebony mask was sprinkled with tiny shells. An aqua mask bore a motif of twining kelp and leaping fish. Concentric rings of tiny glass shards adorned a wide-browed mask. It was not a badly thought-out display. The stallowner sat on a rug, the cart to his left and his shop sign propped up on his right. Drawstring pouch and pearl close by his side. The amending work on the sign known to the party to have taken place had been done precisely, such that it didn’t show if you weren’t looking for hints of it. The price now painted on the sign was…exorbitant. “Welcome! Here to make your penultimate preparations for the marvel among festivals that is the marriage of the sea?” The Pearlcatcher smiled at the maskless dragons before him. “I have just what you need.” The merchant liked the idea of having one eleventh hour sale to drink to when the merriment began. It was unclear how experienced at haggling these customers were likely to be, but, not that any merchant would let on to a customer it was so, he could possibly be persuaded of a 30% lower price. Possibly.
@Rocwylde
I’d been glancing at your profile and noticed you hadn’t posted to anything in a few days and so figured there was a reason. ^^; Really sorry for the drop in activity on my end. It was a strangely busy weekend and now I’m in the midst of exams. *picks semi-random compass direction out of the air* I'll also note that I just generated some mask ideas. Don't take it as an exhaustive list and feel free to make up your own. :)

~~~

287148.png767253.png159574.png244838.png

Sarynid acknowledged Nils’s remark with a nod, whilst Chirro flicked his ears up, “Oh, oh, ohhh?” A companion of the duo who’d set out on the tour, and a Wind dragon no less? No surprise that he should be curious of what past travels the bard had to tell. Alas, though Nils’s audience was willing to wait, time was not.
With determination as the rough plan of action formed, Octantis too gave Nils a nod.
“Right. Chirro and I’ll take the boulevard. Nils, you and Faryelle can each check North-West and North-East. Sarynid, can you-”
“-It will take longer if you wait for me to catch up.” The Fae remarked on his smaller wingspan being less than optimal for covering decent distances quickly. Not to mention that, after a long period of meditation, Sarynid wasn’t exactly prepared for intense exertion. An oversight on his part, perhaps.
“Then…you can go with Nils or Faryelle?”
So the group separated to look for sign or word of the merchant’s passing. Shaking heads, a laughing couple ready in their lace for a night of revelry passing by, a fledgling trying to coax an irrepressible familiar into sitting still to be put into a bowtie and boater. Every so often they’d find someone who recognised the description of what they sought.
“Your tour was late and you had to miss the gift-shop because it had shut? How disappointing that must be.” A Guardian in siren sylvan garbs remarked. “Although, I do think I saw someone with a cart like you say, up the street past the next thoroughfare, I think? I do not recall how long it’s been since. Good luck!”

Although at times it seemed they had just missed him, passersby continued to recognise the description as the trail of sightings was followed. It was Faryelle who yielded the most decisive answer.
“Oh, that scallywag. He always pushes his luck. He won’t let it show, but it’ll make him happy to have some late-shoppers this year. His perch right now won’t be far from a particular one of the more bustling celebration hotspots. Follow this street here, take the second right…” The Skydancer sped off to share with the group where their goal was.

“Behind us.” Sarynid pointed out to the bard he had opted to accompany. “It seems Faryelle has found something.”

Little light remained in the sky by the time they found the stallowner. Although flaking in a couple of spots, the cart retained its clear stripes of azure and white. Hanging upon it were several masks. Variant in size and shape to accommodate a range of patrons. Although the array wasn’t as impressive, or the craftsmanship so fine, as that the tour gift-shop was said to be, it was no rag-and-bone cart. Here a round mask was painted with inky-black spirals, there a pointed mask flared out at the sides with feathers. A few interesting stones that looked not dissimilar to semi-precious ones accentuated the brow and cheeks of a pale mask. An ebony mask was sprinkled with tiny shells. An aqua mask bore a motif of twining kelp and leaping fish. Concentric rings of tiny glass shards adorned a wide-browed mask. It was not a badly thought-out display.

The stallowner sat on a rug, the cart to his left and his shop sign propped up on his right. Drawstring pouch and pearl close by his side. The amending work on the sign known to the party to have taken place had been done precisely, such that it didn’t show if you weren’t looking for hints of it. The price now painted on the sign was…exorbitant.
“Welcome! Here to make your penultimate preparations for the marvel among festivals that is the marriage of the sea?” The Pearlcatcher smiled at the maskless dragons before him. “I have just what you need.”
The merchant liked the idea of having one eleventh hour sale to drink to when the merriment began. It was unclear how experienced at haggling these customers were likely to be, but, not that any merchant would let on to a customer it was so, he could possibly be persuaded of a 30% lower price. Possibly.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=266115&tab=dragon&did=31550438][img]https://i.imgbox.com/0Fhklbnm.png[/img][/url] It would be a terrible lie saying Nils was not the least bit worried at the steadily approaching deadline. His large wings were strong enough to carry him effortlessly in the sky, true. However, his normally graceful and silent wing-beats gave the faintest of trembles. Yes, they would find a mask, but at what cost? While Nils offered to remain near Sarynid as a sort of mount in case the Fae exhausted himself, the mere mention of this mask salesman would send the Pearlcatcher spiraling downwards to confront these witnesses, forgetting all else. One such victim of the golden-hide dragon nearly screamed at his appearance. Wanting nothing more than to interrogate the passerby Coatl and be on his way, a gentleman must not forget his manners. With an apologetic bow, Nils calmed himself enough to speak. "Forgive me. But have you seen a traveling mask vendor around these parts?" The Coatl hissed an unpleasantly high note, Nils flinched and lowered his head. He deserved that one. And when the silken-clad dragon calmed down, she finally spoke. "Ah yes, the advantageous Pearlcatcher. Do you have an arm and a leg to spare?" Nils childishly glanced to his limbs, before shaking his head. Heaving a sigh, she produced a brown paper bag. "Take it, I highly doubt you will be able to afford a mask for your entire party. Good luck." She hummed, Nils recognized it as a tone of pity. And she was off. Nils quietly returned to Faryelle and Sarynid. If they called to him, Nils didn't hear a thing as he feverishly scribbled something within the flaps of his wing guard. Sarynid was the one who snapped the bard out of his stupor. "Ah, yes! Greetings." Nils attempted to be as polite as possible while the others gathered. He gazed upon the creative masks, he even picked out the pointed mask. Feathers always appealed to his tastes, so elegant. However, he made his way towards the merchant. "Honest talk, your prices are just a smidgen out of our reach, we are not of Levitos. I assume you are a travelling merchant, by the worn looks of your cart. Or a merchant who wishes to travel in the future. But I have something that may interest you that could benefit the both of us." This was a large gamble, indeed. But it wouldn't hurt to at least make an attempt. He was always good at talking, it came with the profession. But he'd never bargained before. As nonchalant as possible, Nils removed his guard and pulled out a well-folded slip of parchment. "Isn't it just frustrating outsiders never seem to know the themes for the holidays of other flights until the week before? However... those who inhabit these flights know moons in advance." It was easy to tell where this was going. Nils held the notes and preparations for a choice few, if not all, the events for the upcoming Thundercrack Carnivale. Oh he was a cad. "Do not consider this exchange as a discount, rather... consider it an investment. you want to be the most prepared out of all your competition, no?" If the bargain did not appeal to the Pearlcatcher's natural love of gossip, perhaps it would be enough of a sweet deal as a merchant. -------- @Stanzascale It's no problem at all! Finals are the bane of any student's existence. And I'm sorry again for the keyboard thing, I really have no idea what happened.
0Fhklbnm.png
It would be a terrible lie saying Nils was not the least bit worried at the steadily approaching deadline. His large wings were strong enough to carry him effortlessly in the sky, true. However, his normally graceful and silent wing-beats gave the faintest of trembles. Yes, they would find a mask, but at what cost? While Nils offered to remain near Sarynid as a sort of mount in case the Fae exhausted himself, the mere mention of this mask salesman would send the Pearlcatcher spiraling downwards to confront these witnesses, forgetting all else.

One such victim of the golden-hide dragon nearly screamed at his appearance. Wanting nothing more than to interrogate the passerby Coatl and be on his way, a gentleman must not forget his manners. With an apologetic bow, Nils calmed himself enough to speak. "Forgive me. But have you seen a traveling mask vendor around these parts?" The Coatl hissed an unpleasantly high note, Nils flinched and lowered his head. He deserved that one. And when the silken-clad dragon calmed down, she finally spoke. "Ah yes, the advantageous Pearlcatcher. Do you have an arm and a leg to spare?" Nils childishly glanced to his limbs, before shaking his head. Heaving a sigh, she produced a brown paper bag.

"Take it, I highly doubt you will be able to afford a mask for your entire party. Good luck." She hummed, Nils recognized it as a tone of pity. And she was off. Nils quietly returned to Faryelle and Sarynid. If they called to him, Nils didn't hear a thing as he feverishly scribbled something within the flaps of his wing guard. Sarynid was the one who snapped the bard out of his stupor.

"Ah, yes! Greetings." Nils attempted to be as polite as possible while the others gathered. He gazed upon the creative masks, he even picked out the pointed mask. Feathers always appealed to his tastes, so elegant. However, he made his way towards the merchant.

"Honest talk, your prices are just a smidgen out of our reach, we are not of Levitos. I assume you are a travelling merchant, by the worn looks of your cart. Or a merchant who wishes to travel in the future. But I have something that may interest you that could benefit the both of us." This was a large gamble, indeed. But it wouldn't hurt to at least make an attempt. He was always good at talking, it came with the profession. But he'd never bargained before. As nonchalant as possible, Nils removed his guard and pulled out a well-folded slip of parchment.

"Isn't it just frustrating outsiders never seem to know the themes for the holidays of other flights until the week before? However... those who inhabit these flights know moons in advance." It was easy to tell where this was going. Nils held the notes and preparations for a choice few, if not all, the events for the upcoming Thundercrack Carnivale. Oh he was a cad. "Do not consider this exchange as a discount, rather... consider it an investment. you want to be the most prepared out of all your competition, no?" If the bargain did not appeal to the Pearlcatcher's natural love of gossip, perhaps it would be enough of a sweet deal as a merchant.

@Stanzascale It's no problem at all! Finals are the bane of any student's existence. And I'm sorry again for the keyboard thing, I really have no idea what happened.
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
fFNApWQ.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
S3J5uo7.png
Open to all Pings/PMs. Don't be shy, I'd love to chat!

Beasts collected: 1070. If you're offering any familiars I'm missing, please contact me!
u6ogC2Q.gif
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44