Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | do lore ppl pay attention to canon size
1 2 3 4 5
I partially do. Azila, a Fae, is canonically way smaller than her best friend Asher, who is a Nocturne (and my profile picture). But I do tone it down for the really large dragons like Ridgebacks.
I partially do. Azila, a Fae, is canonically way smaller than her best friend Asher, who is a Nocturne (and my profile picture). But I do tone it down for the really large dragons like Ridgebacks.
They/Them pronouns please!
Important note: If my posts seem more stressed than normal, or just generally seem off, tell me to go play A Hat in Time or something like that.
Terraria Forums About Page: here. My signature there includes a link to my AMA, which has my OC colors.
I don't mind getting pings, and I usually don't sub to threads, so ping me in replies and hopefully I won't miss them
nope, but there are still major height differences, they're all anthro in my lore so it'd be like,, 8-10 foot imperial and their little 3 foot tall fae friend, most breeds average 6-7 feet
nope, but there are still major height differences, they're all anthro in my lore so it'd be like,, 8-10 foot imperial and their little 3 foot tall fae friend, most breeds average 6-7 feet
Y0w97b1.png astronic-fr
» he/they
» g1 lair
» art shop
XufexgK.gif
More or less. Some sizes I recognize, such as imperials and faes, but others I find hard to believe and switch around. Namely Veilspun. I also kinda mentally shrink gaolers, albeit not by much.
Obelisks do not have mass. They are inscrutable beings because I can never imagine their size unless it specifically comes up. And then I'm wowed by the canon size.
More or less. Some sizes I recognize, such as imperials and faes, but others I find hard to believe and switch around. Namely Veilspun. I also kinda mentally shrink gaolers, albeit not by much.
Obelisks do not have mass. They are inscrutable beings because I can never imagine their size unless it specifically comes up. And then I'm wowed by the canon size.
FObX7rS.png
apUeZZ4.png
If you ping me, please remember to include capitals for each word or I won't get your ping! It's GaleGecko, not galegecko.
I don't. I acknowledge that some dragon species are smaller than others, but the ridiculous size differences are not a thing unless the dragon in question is a demonic entity in my lore. I can't personally imagine tiny fae trying to talk to a ridgeback in canon size
I don't. I acknowledge that some dragon species are smaller than others, but the ridiculous size differences are not a thing unless the dragon in question is a demonic entity in my lore. I can't personally imagine tiny fae trying to talk to a ridgeback in canon size
in7SefG.png
I do pretty much in my lore but not down to the inch, they’re all around average for their breed to me
I do pretty much in my lore but not down to the inch, they’re all around average for their breed to me
9D8YYS1.png
Nope, not even a little, because I don't follow canon at all ^^ I prefer to do all my own world building.
Nope, not even a little, because I don't follow canon at all ^^ I prefer to do all my own world building.
__________________69065274.png FObX7rS.png
z3FSuck.png
rix3ppo.png
co3WWXY.png
lAvpyOQ.png
69065273.png
I'm inconsistent! it's great!

for the most part, I imagine dragon sizes as being a lot closer together than they are in canon. otherwise it just complicates daily life too much. I appreciate people who say "okay but the complications are interesting for worldbuilding purposes" but I prefer keeping things simpler.

however I also have a few dragons who reference canon sizes/incorporate them into their own lore. for instance, veilspun are canon sized because I headcanon them being able to hover like hummingbirds. I know this is not actually practical but dragons are magic
I'm inconsistent! it's great!

for the most part, I imagine dragon sizes as being a lot closer together than they are in canon. otherwise it just complicates daily life too much. I appreciate people who say "okay but the complications are interesting for worldbuilding purposes" but I prefer keeping things simpler.

however I also have a few dragons who reference canon sizes/incorporate them into their own lore. for instance, veilspun are canon sized because I headcanon them being able to hover like hummingbirds. I know this is not actually practical but dragons are magic
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
[quote name="LadyRaptor" date="2024-03-23 00:59:55" ] Yes. I particularly enjoy when fiction about non-humans has them act, well, non-human. They have different biological drives and needs, different physical constraints due to size and shape, and I like that kind of exercise in imagination, to see where those differences lead intelligent creatures in their culture and lifestyle as well. In my lore, I keep the canon size differences. I also keep some unpopular features like the coatl and fae languages. I do treat any cultural information from the encyclopedia as general trends though, that smaller groups or individual dragons might not share. [/quote] I do pretty much the same! It’s really fun to imagine how a society in which physiology is so drastically different accounts for these differences. It also lends itself to discussions about accessibility, which is super fun especially in fantasy settings
LadyRaptor wrote on 2024-03-23 00:59:55:
Yes. I particularly enjoy when fiction about non-humans has them act, well, non-human. They have different biological drives and needs, different physical constraints due to size and shape, and I like that kind of exercise in imagination, to see where those differences lead intelligent creatures in their culture and lifestyle as well.

In my lore, I keep the canon size differences. I also keep some unpopular features like the coatl and fae languages. I do treat any cultural information from the encyclopedia as general trends though, that smaller groups or individual dragons might not share.

I do pretty much the same! It’s really fun to imagine how a society in which physiology is so drastically different accounts for these differences. It also lends itself to discussions about accessibility, which is super fun especially in fantasy settings
tumblr_o95tvaQl9V1tv56zio6_250.png
Loki - They/Them - FR Time 0+
Lore thread (WIP)
Dressing Service
Call of the Deep Lineage Project
Sometimes!

I like keeping in mind canon sizes, but im also very tempted to just assume veilpsuns are the same size as spirals, because I CANT REALLY COMPREHEND THEM TO BE THAT SMALL HAHA ;w;w;

Otherwise, canon sizes allow for a more diverse world, as the architecture and dragon culture will differ due to these differences in biology.
Sometimes!

I like keeping in mind canon sizes, but im also very tempted to just assume veilpsuns are the same size as spirals, because I CANT REALLY COMPREHEND THEM TO BE THAT SMALL HAHA ;w;w;

Otherwise, canon sizes allow for a more diverse world, as the architecture and dragon culture will differ due to these differences in biology.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs marked with
"forum game friendly", should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
Yes, I try to keep my lair mostly smaller dragons. I imagine the building complex of my lair has large rooms and corridors, but far more smaller ones only small dragons can fit through mostly on the basis it's an arcane lair so is built mostly by fae. Though if you see my lair... I am not very good at keeping to this.
Yes, I try to keep my lair mostly smaller dragons. I imagine the building complex of my lair has large rooms and corridors, but far more smaller ones only small dragons can fit through mostly on the basis it's an arcane lair so is built mostly by fae. Though if you see my lair... I am not very good at keeping to this.
FObX7rS.png
1 2 3 4 5