Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | do lore ppl pay attention to canon size
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Xenonyn" date="2024-03-23 10:22:17" ] [img]https://i.imgur.com/iQnGNUm.png[/img] [/quote] all your comparison pics are great but this one in particular sends me
Xenonyn wrote on 2024-03-23 10:22:17:
iQnGNUm.png
all your comparison pics are great but this one in particular sends me
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
not really... it depends.
I do minor differences based on what they are and what fits for lore convenience.
not really... it depends.
I do minor differences based on what they are and what fits for lore convenience.
Ukt5hov.png 6WJQDgR.png D55IPKI.png 87195919.png he/him
[quote name="Achaius" date="2024-03-23 10:35:37" ] [quote name="Xenonyn" date="2024-03-23 10:22:17" ] [img]https://i.imgur.com/iQnGNUm.png[/img] [/quote] all your comparison pics are great but this one in particular sends me [/quote] i love it so much, it's because SeaGlass (the PB Nocturne) makes bouquets, even ones for imps! and Eclipse (the imp shown) thinks he's adorable
Achaius wrote on 2024-03-23 10:35:37:
Xenonyn wrote on 2024-03-23 10:22:17:
iQnGNUm.png
all your comparison pics are great but this one in particular sends me
i love it so much, it's because SeaGlass (the PB Nocturne) makes bouquets, even ones for imps! and Eclipse (the imp shown) thinks he's adorable
muah Ny2nyyg.png x xenonyn
pings are welcomed!
fr +3 | est/edt
isfp | capricorn
i love the color green
jilian
xxxxxxx J0iUWhB.png
5Hr7pRA.png
DGTLR6o.png
3CInD4g.png
Dmsnoiy.png
x mneBrSJ.png hello, ur
a cutie
Not really. Like I keep in mind that faes/veilspuns are smaller and guardians and imps are larger, but I don't like the sheer exaggerated differences in sizes on site. Like someone else mentioned, I kind of picture them as closer to what's in the banner up top. Makes it easier for me to imagine living situations and buildings (especially ones like taverns or inns). There's still size variety but I have to worry less about a guardian accidentally snorting up a veilspun when they sneeze.
Not really. Like I keep in mind that faes/veilspuns are smaller and guardians and imps are larger, but I don't like the sheer exaggerated differences in sizes on site. Like someone else mentioned, I kind of picture them as closer to what's in the banner up top. Makes it easier for me to imagine living situations and buildings (especially ones like taverns or inns). There's still size variety but I have to worry less about a guardian accidentally snorting up a veilspun when they sneeze.

OVmZor1.png
I don't, I have my own altered size chart. I like size differences, but I never liked how extreme the differences are canonically. More power to those who do use canon sizes though! Just not my thing. Here's my alternative size chart I made. Tried to keep them somewhat in-order as far as sizes go, but I did slightly adjust things to my liking as well, both in scale and in anatomy. I also like to think of dragons as kind of half-bipedal (some fantasy form of facultative bipedalism), so they can walk on both two legs (for using their hands and walking short distances) and four legs (for moving longer distances and higher speeds.) [img]https://i.imgur.com/GFuBO3V.png[/img]
I don't, I have my own altered size chart. I like size differences, but I never liked how extreme the differences are canonically.

More power to those who do use canon sizes though! Just not my thing.

Here's my alternative size chart I made. Tried to keep them somewhat in-order as far as sizes go, but I did slightly adjust things to my liking as well, both in scale and in anatomy.

I also like to think of dragons as kind of half-bipedal (some fantasy form of facultative bipedalism), so they can walk on both two legs (for using their hands and walking short distances) and four legs (for moving longer distances and higher speeds.)
GFuBO3V.png
Designated Ridgeback Smoocher
I'm on a quest to get every forum vista I can!
Icon Dragon | Sales Tab
I use canon sizes (apart from wing sizes on occasion, because it's just... so clearly not calculated with flight in mind). I both enjoy the challenge of worldbuilding a society which is both suitable for Veilspuns and Imperials, while also letting me envision some really cool scenes (like a tiny Fae hiding from a Guardian in the roots of a tree) that wouldn't be possible if everyone was the same size

I also use canon sizes down to the differences between dragons of the same type; I want to know who's bigger/smaller, who is heavyset versus average versus skinny
I use canon sizes (apart from wing sizes on occasion, because it's just... so clearly not calculated with flight in mind). I both enjoy the challenge of worldbuilding a society which is both suitable for Veilspuns and Imperials, while also letting me envision some really cool scenes (like a tiny Fae hiding from a Guardian in the roots of a tree) that wouldn't be possible if everyone was the same size

I also use canon sizes down to the differences between dragons of the same type; I want to know who's bigger/smaller, who is heavyset versus average versus skinny
Scary Storybook [Lore] Progress Report
Shade Constructs [Lineage and Subspecies]
Sector 42 Hatchery [Lineage Dragons]
they/them, lore heavy lair, icicle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
yes. sometimes i even ignore canon sizes a little bit to make them even more ridiculous (benjamin is glitched noc size. intrusion is a guardian who is also glitched noc size.) sizes within breeds are also acknowledged. most dragons who i have share a plotline are about the same size EXCEPT oooooo and typheus (of which oooooo being an imp makes his interactions with typheus like that tumblr post about a dragonborn with a kobold friend), solfege/tacet/vivace (tacet is a ridgeback. this is entirely for comedic effect.), and my badgeholders (they're a family of veils but halley is an aether for the purpose of having fun with her gender. comedy!)
yes. sometimes i even ignore canon sizes a little bit to make them even more ridiculous (benjamin is glitched noc size. intrusion is a guardian who is also glitched noc size.) sizes within breeds are also acknowledged. most dragons who i have share a plotline are about the same size EXCEPT oooooo and typheus (of which oooooo being an imp makes his interactions with typheus like that tumblr post about a dragonborn with a kobold friend), solfege/tacet/vivace (tacet is a ridgeback. this is entirely for comedic effect.), and my badgeholders (they're a family of veils but halley is an aether for the purpose of having fun with her gender. comedy!)
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
i do because i find this absolutely hilarious: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/cfda3922f6c41b1c7e9d40cefd4e95f7.png[/img] these dragons are married. her feral husband is housecat sized. when we (me n roomie) discovered how tiny he was in comparison to her we about died.
i do because i find this absolutely hilarious:

cfda3922f6c41b1c7e9d40cefd4e95f7.png

these dragons are married. her feral husband is housecat sized. when we (me n roomie) discovered how tiny he was in comparison to her we about died.
I personally don't. In my lore there are large, medium, and small dragons but the difference in height isn't nearly as drastic as canon. I could see it working with monolairs but for me personally, I dislike the canon heights greatly lol
I personally don't. In my lore there are large, medium, and small dragons but the difference in height isn't nearly as drastic as canon. I could see it working with monolairs but for me personally, I dislike the canon heights greatly lol
13578.png24847.png480.png ARAxlYW.png
5iXiC8z.png
ll0CfnD.png
Many of mine aren't exactly to canon size(and I'm still working out most of them) but I'm thinking a few might be. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67594339][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/675944/67594339_350.png[/img][/url] Her size, for SURE, isn't canon. She's huge. (I gotta make a size chart but I brain broke and busy busy >:c)
Many of mine aren't exactly to canon size(and I'm still working out most of them) but I'm thinking a few might be.

67594339_350.png
Her size, for SURE, isn't canon. She's huge.
(I gotta make a size chart but I brain broke and busy busy >:c)
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

rM33C9P.png0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
1 2 3 4 5