Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Arcana City, Shattered Ideals IC
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Damien - Location: City Hall
Interactions: Everyone there

Damien laughed at Emily's question. "Of course you'd be paid for your entire shift. It's kind of illegal for me not to."

Damien quickly found his way to the city hall. He noticed the strange man his wife described, though, in all fairness. Damien probably looked equally as weird with his piercings and tattoos. He listened to the man's factually inaccurate verse, getting progressively more upset.

"Ayo, man.
You gotta check your facts
Non-magic folks act-ting
Like you have a right
To fight

Since the beginning
From the dawn of time
We’ve been living
You’ve been killing

I’m getting quite tired of this strife
Uhhh…
I need another rhyme….
Look at my gorgeous wife??"

Damien cringed at himself for that last line. "Damn, I lost my rhythm there at the end."

While he could use his powers to win this, he assumed it would be cheating and decided to not lace his words with magic.

Angel was blushing profusely at her husband's antics, trying to stifle her own laughter.

Alex - Location: Caves Outside of Town
Interaction: Aborren

"You can say no, but, I have a lab in town where I study magic," Alex said. "It's at the new college. I have equipment there that could possibly help us understand your powers. You said you could be hurt, and therefore killed, but you don't age. With your shape-shifting ability, maybe there is a way to harness it to create a sort of armor to protect you from damage. The only issue is this would put you in a vulnerable spot that may cause possible damage. So, if you are uncomfortable with this, I will understand."

There was no malice coming from the Russian as he spoke, describing his plan.
Damien - Location: City Hall
Interactions: Everyone there

Damien laughed at Emily's question. "Of course you'd be paid for your entire shift. It's kind of illegal for me not to."

Damien quickly found his way to the city hall. He noticed the strange man his wife described, though, in all fairness. Damien probably looked equally as weird with his piercings and tattoos. He listened to the man's factually inaccurate verse, getting progressively more upset.

"Ayo, man.
You gotta check your facts
Non-magic folks act-ting
Like you have a right
To fight

Since the beginning
From the dawn of time
We’ve been living
You’ve been killing

I’m getting quite tired of this strife
Uhhh…
I need another rhyme….
Look at my gorgeous wife??"

Damien cringed at himself for that last line. "Damn, I lost my rhythm there at the end."

While he could use his powers to win this, he assumed it would be cheating and decided to not lace his words with magic.

Angel was blushing profusely at her husband's antics, trying to stifle her own laughter.

Interaction: Aborren

"You can say no, but, I have a lab in town where I study magic," Alex said. "It's at the new college. I have equipment there that could possibly help us understand your powers. You said you could be hurt, and therefore killed, but you don't age. With your shape-shifting ability, maybe there is a way to harness it to create a sort of armor to protect you from damage. The only issue is this would put you in a vulnerable spot that may cause possible damage. So, if you are uncomfortable with this, I will understand."

There was no malice coming from the Russian as he spoke, describing his plan.
XvyfO6H.png I suffer from chronic illness and may dissapear at random. Apologies in advance if that happens :3

Any Pronouns - FR time
Aborren - caves outside town
Interactions: Alex

"Hm. I will admit that would be helpful." they reply, settling on a shape that looks rather like a large stag. "The two things that can hurt me, one of those things being light magic, are far too effective on me for my own liking. Besides...you say your lab is at a college, yes? I'm sure several people would be curious about the...hm...the 'guy from that creepy pasta' coming over."

"Not sure why they would make a dish based on me though..." they mutter, mulling it over a bit. That... certainly raises some questions.

"Hm. I will admit that would be helpful." they reply, settling on a shape that looks rather like a large stag. "The two things that can hurt me, one of those things being light magic, are far too effective on me for my own liking. Besides...you say your lab is at a college, yes? I'm sure several people would be curious about the...hm...the 'guy from that creepy pasta' coming over."

"Not sure why they would make a dish based on me though..." they mutter, mulling it over a bit. That... certainly raises some questions.
Jazmine - Interacting with: Adara, Markell (@Rutani)
Banesilver, Jazmine thought bitterly, tensing unconsciously at the mention of the stuff. It was nasty, stripping away the senses, dulling the mind. She nodded once, tapping her finger on her leg restlessly.

"That is... understandable. The night shift is often more exciting than is necassary... speaking from experience,"
Emily/Kendell - Interacting with: Damien, Angel, and the Protesting Dudes
Emily knew her boss wouldn't try and skimp out of her pay, but she still had felt the need to ask. She grabbed her coat and followed Damien to City Hall. Whatever dumpster fire was going to go down, she wanted to see. She was not expecting her boss to join in on the rap battle, and was barely able to stifle her laughter.

Ha! That man is funny, maybe he is not so terrible after all! Kendell jeered half-sarcastically.

Emily discretly waved him off, knowing that Kendell found the situation amusing. "Damien's really putting his all into this, huh?" she asked Angel, trying to break the tension between them.
Keith - Interacting with: Protestors and all the dudes that entails
Keith puffed his chest out, grinning ear to ear. He gestured to some of the other anti-predator crowd, some of whom were beginning to glare at him indignantly, inviting them to join in.

"You have some nerve, coming over here. Why are you acting like we're weird? You're freaks, no lie, have you come here to die? We're the ones with rights, we've won the fights, withstood the slights, and we won't take it anymore."
Jazmine - Interacting with: Adara, Markell (@Rutani)
Banesilver, Jazmine thought bitterly, tensing unconsciously at the mention of the stuff. It was nasty, stripping away the senses, dulling the mind. She nodded once, tapping her finger on her leg restlessly.

"That is... understandable. The night shift is often more exciting than is necassary... speaking from experience,"
Emily/Kendell - Interacting with: Damien, Angel, and the Protesting Dudes
Emily knew her boss wouldn't try and skimp out of her pay, but she still had felt the need to ask. She grabbed her coat and followed Damien to City Hall. Whatever dumpster fire was going to go down, she wanted to see. She was not expecting her boss to join in on the rap battle, and was barely able to stifle her laughter.

Ha! That man is funny, maybe he is not so terrible after all! Kendell jeered half-sarcastically.

Emily discretly waved him off, knowing that Kendell found the situation amusing. "Damien's really putting his all into this, huh?" she asked Angel, trying to break the tension between them.
Keith - Interacting with: Protestors and all the dudes that entails
Keith puffed his chest out, grinning ear to ear. He gestured to some of the other anti-predator crowd, some of whom were beginning to glare at him indignantly, inviting them to join in.

"You have some nerve, coming over here. Why are you acting like we're weird? You're freaks, no lie, have you come here to die? We're the ones with rights, we've won the fights, withstood the slights, and we won't take it anymore."
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
[Rudi/ location: alleyway/streets/ interactions: open]
(wow it's my birth tomorrow)
Walking down the streets, I kept up a fast pace. I was a few blocks from the grocery, a block from the town hall, which was convenient. My pace kept going faster until I broke out into a jog, truthfully wishing to get away from the crowd and back to the apartments.
When I arrived, I barely paused before pressing my buzzer with my finger. The tall building was nestled amongst other apartments, with moss-covered walls and old yellow paint. The box next to the front door contained eight buttons, each for each room, one for the police, and one for the landlord, a sweet old Italian lady who often had game nights on Friday with free food and drinks. The door swung open as I pressed my buzzer again, the landlord opened the door.
"Rudi!" She said exitedly, moving back to allow me through. I gave her a grateful nod, a greeting of "Hello Bianca," as I moved passed her and began to climb the stairs.
[Rudi/ location: alleyway/streets/ interactions: open]
(wow it's my birth tomorrow)
Walking down the streets, I kept up a fast pace. I was a few blocks from the grocery, a block from the town hall, which was convenient. My pace kept going faster until I broke out into a jog, truthfully wishing to get away from the crowd and back to the apartments.
When I arrived, I barely paused before pressing my buzzer with my finger. The tall building was nestled amongst other apartments, with moss-covered walls and old yellow paint. The box next to the front door contained eight buttons, each for each room, one for the police, and one for the landlord, a sweet old Italian lady who often had game nights on Friday with free food and drinks. The door swung open as I pressed my buzzer again, the landlord opened the door.
"Rudi!" She said exitedly, moving back to allow me through. I gave her a grateful nod, a greeting of "Hello Bianca," as I moved passed her and began to climb the stairs.
NzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif iWG9EFl.gifNzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif
Adara Ferra
Interactions: Jazmine, Markell (@Ruatani)

She looked between Markell and Jazmine as she said,
"Damn, that sh-ts still not on a strict lock down? I'm not saying I condone violence, I'm just saying that I will have the fakest concern if something bad happens to the people that feel bold enough to walk up and jab someone with Coldvein."
The name Adara used was a little unusual but sort of made sense when you took into account she was a pyromancer. But she sounded irritated by hearing that someone used it so irresponsibly.

Adara then replied more to Jazmine,
"Oh, it's a meeting between Vera and Jason, talking about the murders and the state of relations with predators. But they're televising/live streaming it so we can all watch."
She then started to come around to the other side of the counter, to make letting others watch it from her phone a little less awkward.
Lance Savage
Interactions: Keith, Damien

Lance looked like he was barely withholding a fit of giggles as he went from using a hand to a bit of shadow manipulation to tap the pen. As you see he felt like he had illegal information yet could't share it as it was just wrong to interrupt the flow of a rap battle like that and thought,
Dude, you smell like my neighbors back home. They were blood mages. Meaning you're a massive hypocrite or in this to f-cking troll… And I'm kinda for the latter.
However he looked like he was just waiting for a good moment to state that fact and watching what happened.

Lance also noticed Damien had joined in and made a barely audible chirp at him, as he tried not to make those sort of noises publicly. Made people 'uncomfortable' despite quite literally just being a form of friendly greeting.

Shawty looked between the albino and the half-breed(aff) before cackling and replying,
"I'm with halfsies over there, you think you earned a right to a fight that not even a cleric of old's payer could aid you in. You say we're the pest, when at best that would be your kind, jest-er. Now you look like the clown you are, want me to go find the fool's crown?"
They then put a hand out to try and high-five Damien as bro deserved it, even though it likely meant he'd have to bend down to reciprocate to this little gremlin.

((Shawty is now their name and they are 3.5ft tall, Gremlin in species.))

The cameras started rolling on Vera and Jason sitting in a pair of chairs on a stage, there was a small crowd of city council members and reporters in view along with the mayor and all those people.

"Welcome to City Council hearing number 56 on the topic of recent events within Arcana City, Chief of Police Ms. Carizi would you like to start us off?"
The Mayor began, gesturing to Vera before backing off.

Vera nodded as she said,
"Yes, as all of you know I'm Vera Carizi, Chief of Police. I'm here to talk about the recent string of murders and the strain it's putting on human and non-human relations. Joining me in this is…"
She pointed to Jason to let him introduce himself.

"Jason Teron, head of Magical Relations. As I'm also of the opinion that things need to change and that the killing needs to stop. Anyways, I'll let Vera lead that conversation since she's far more qualified than I am."
Jason said, lifting his right hand up a little.

((Note that this would be playing on just about any news channel and is available to live stream too. Yes this would be what is playing on Adara's phone.))
Adara Ferra
Interactions: Jazmine, Markell (@Ruatani)

She looked between Markell and Jazmine as she said,
"Damn, that sh-ts still not on a strict lock down? I'm not saying I condone violence, I'm just saying that I will have the fakest concern if something bad happens to the people that feel bold enough to walk up and jab someone with Coldvein."
The name Adara used was a little unusual but sort of made sense when you took into account she was a pyromancer. But she sounded irritated by hearing that someone used it so irresponsibly.

Adara then replied more to Jazmine,
"Oh, it's a meeting between Vera and Jason, talking about the murders and the state of relations with predators. But they're televising/live streaming it so we can all watch."
She then started to come around to the other side of the counter, to make letting others watch it from her phone a little less awkward.
Lance Savage
Interactions: Keith, Damien

Lance looked like he was barely withholding a fit of giggles as he went from using a hand to a bit of shadow manipulation to tap the pen. As you see he felt like he had illegal information yet could't share it as it was just wrong to interrupt the flow of a rap battle like that and thought,
Dude, you smell like my neighbors back home. They were blood mages. Meaning you're a massive hypocrite or in this to f-cking troll… And I'm kinda for the latter.
However he looked like he was just waiting for a good moment to state that fact and watching what happened.

Lance also noticed Damien had joined in and made a barely audible chirp at him, as he tried not to make those sort of noises publicly. Made people 'uncomfortable' despite quite literally just being a form of friendly greeting.

Shawty looked between the albino and the half-breed(aff) before cackling and replying,
"I'm with halfsies over there, you think you earned a right to a fight that not even a cleric of old's payer could aid you in. You say we're the pest, when at best that would be your kind, jest-er. Now you look like the clown you are, want me to go find the fool's crown?"
They then put a hand out to try and high-five Damien as bro deserved it, even though it likely meant he'd have to bend down to reciprocate to this little gremlin.

((Shawty is now their name and they are 3.5ft tall, Gremlin in species.))

The cameras started rolling on Vera and Jason sitting in a pair of chairs on a stage, there was a small crowd of city council members and reporters in view along with the mayor and all those people.

"Welcome to City Council hearing number 56 on the topic of recent events within Arcana City, Chief of Police Ms. Carizi would you like to start us off?"
The Mayor began, gesturing to Vera before backing off.

Vera nodded as she said,
"Yes, as all of you know I'm Vera Carizi, Chief of Police. I'm here to talk about the recent string of murders and the strain it's putting on human and non-human relations. Joining me in this is…"
She pointed to Jason to let him introduce himself.

"Jason Teron, head of Magical Relations. As I'm also of the opinion that things need to change and that the killing needs to stop. Anyways, I'll let Vera lead that conversation since she's far more qualified than I am."
Jason said, lifting his right hand up a little.

((Note that this would be playing on just about any news channel and is available to live stream too. Yes this would be what is playing on Adara's phone.))
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
Jazmine - Apothacary - Interacting with: Markell, Adara (@Rutani)
Jazmine nodded in agreement with Adara. Whatever you called the stuff, it should be a universal truth to hate it. Although Jazmine might prefer to lock down distribution herself rather than wait for some overpaid politician to decide to start clamping down on it.

"Ah, yes. That was today, wasn't it. I have been a bit... busy, so I lost track of time. Hopefully none of this turns into a headhunt," she said, gaze flicking between everyone currently on screen.
Keith - Protest - Interacting with: All the cool people
Ha! Let's see if we can kick this into high gear!

Keith pulled a dramatic Anime Pose, hand arched in front of his face like some sassy villain from JoJos Bizzare Adventures, pointing vaguelly between Damien and Shawty. "Clown isn't an insult, you dwarf. It's actually an honor, of course! You think that would dwarf my ego? Only your height is the dwarf," Keith snapped, letting out a chuckle. "Your rights end where ours begin - our right is to see killers at an end."

Keith was doing all of this in good fun - readers please note this persona does not reflect his beleifs. Keith, after finishing his lines, began pulling hankercheifs from out of his sleaves. They came out folded like swans and tied in a line. The faintest *honk honk* sounded as he pulled this stunt.
((leaving Emily for now, she'll probably have something to say later))
Jazmine - Apothacary - Interacting with: Markell, Adara (@Rutani)
Jazmine nodded in agreement with Adara. Whatever you called the stuff, it should be a universal truth to hate it. Although Jazmine might prefer to lock down distribution herself rather than wait for some overpaid politician to decide to start clamping down on it.

"Ah, yes. That was today, wasn't it. I have been a bit... busy, so I lost track of time. Hopefully none of this turns into a headhunt," she said, gaze flicking between everyone currently on screen.
Keith - Protest - Interacting with: All the cool people
Ha! Let's see if we can kick this into high gear!

Keith pulled a dramatic Anime Pose, hand arched in front of his face like some sassy villain from JoJos Bizzare Adventures, pointing vaguelly between Damien and Shawty. "Clown isn't an insult, you dwarf. It's actually an honor, of course! You think that would dwarf my ego? Only your height is the dwarf," Keith snapped, letting out a chuckle. "Your rights end where ours begin - our right is to see killers at an end."

Keith was doing all of this in good fun - readers please note this persona does not reflect his beleifs. Keith, after finishing his lines, began pulling hankercheifs from out of his sleaves. They came out folded like swans and tied in a line. The faintest *honk honk* sounded as he pulled this stunt.
((leaving Emily for now, she'll probably have something to say later))
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
Damien and Angel - Location: City Hall
Interactions: Super Epic Rap Battle Peeps

Did he just chirp? Eh. Not my business, the tall man thought to himself. Damien leaned down slightly, hi-fiving the gremlin, smiling to himself. He was starting to actually enjoy this.

"Clown isn't an insult, you dwarf. It's actually an honor, of course! You think that would dwarf my ego? Only your height is the dwarf," Keith snapped, letting out a chuckle. "Your rights end where ours begin - our right is to see killers at an end."

“Kill-Killers?!” Damien spat, that word clearly striking a chord with him. He was already legally considered a predator, which had already caused so many issues. Angel grabbed her husband’s arm to calm him down. She knew he didn’t get mad often, even when ‘random’ coffees were thrown across his cafe, he remained calm.

“Hey, no need to get worked up. Clearly, he was too lazy to do any actual research before spouting off at the mouth,” she said, looking up at her spouse. “He’s no better than a Karen at work.”

Damien nodded, deciding to keep quiet. He felt his emotions were too worked up to contain his magic at the moment. Though, there were plenty of phrases running through his mind that would even the toughest of sailors to blush. Angel smiled up at him, patting his arm gently.

Interactions: Aborren

“Ah, well, you’re in luck! I don’t know any light magic,” Alex said, neglecting to mention the fact that he didn’t have any magic. “And the college… how should I put this? There aren’t really a lot of students. Um, they actually closed classes this term.”

He noticed the figure seemed to change shapes again. “Do you have a limit to how many forms you can take? I think you’ve shown me tri (three) so far. Quite interesting, da, quite fascinating.”

Alex didn’t mention anything about the ‘creepy pasta’ statement, as that was not something he had heard in English yet, so he had no earthly idea what it meant. He was imagining spaghetti with some sort of sauce monster on top.
Damien and Angel - Location: City Hall
Interactions: Super Epic Rap Battle Peeps

Did he just chirp? Eh. Not my business, the tall man thought to himself. Damien leaned down slightly, hi-fiving the gremlin, smiling to himself. He was starting to actually enjoy this.

"Clown isn't an insult, you dwarf. It's actually an honor, of course! You think that would dwarf my ego? Only your height is the dwarf," Keith snapped, letting out a chuckle. "Your rights end where ours begin - our right is to see killers at an end."

“Kill-Killers?!” Damien spat, that word clearly striking a chord with him. He was already legally considered a predator, which had already caused so many issues. Angel grabbed her husband’s arm to calm him down. She knew he didn’t get mad often, even when ‘random’ coffees were thrown across his cafe, he remained calm.

“Hey, no need to get worked up. Clearly, he was too lazy to do any actual research before spouting off at the mouth,” she said, looking up at her spouse. “He’s no better than a Karen at work.”

Damien nodded, deciding to keep quiet. He felt his emotions were too worked up to contain his magic at the moment. Though, there were plenty of phrases running through his mind that would even the toughest of sailors to blush. Angel smiled up at him, patting his arm gently.

Interactions: Aborren

“Ah, well, you’re in luck! I don’t know any light magic,” Alex said, neglecting to mention the fact that he didn’t have any magic. “And the college… how should I put this? There aren’t really a lot of students. Um, they actually closed classes this term.”

He noticed the figure seemed to change shapes again. “Do you have a limit to how many forms you can take? I think you’ve shown me tri (three) so far. Quite interesting, da, quite fascinating.”

Alex didn’t mention anything about the ‘creepy pasta’ statement, as that was not something he had heard in English yet, so he had no earthly idea what it meant. He was imagining spaghetti with some sort of sauce monster on top.
XvyfO6H.png I suffer from chronic illness and may dissapear at random. Apologies in advance if that happens :3

Any Pronouns - FR time

Aborren simply nods in response to Alex's first statement. The lack of beings near this college could be a benefit, especially since the eldritch figured some of the groups that had come to their home in search of the urban legend seemed to have people around the age of a college student. The question about their forms seems to get a smile out of Aborren. Alex has given them a reason to show off.

"I can take the form of just about anything, from bear-" Aborren's shape changes to that of bear, "-to bird-" then they look like a very large bird, reminiscent of some sort of condor, "-to simply something formless," their form once more changes and doesn't stop, shifting and moving like a liquid for a few seconds before settling back into a humanoid shape.

"The only limit is the size of the form I wish to take on. I cannot get much smaller than this form, and though I haven't tested it, I imagine there is a limit to how large I may be as well."

Aborren simply nods in response to Alex's first statement. The lack of beings near this college could be a benefit, especially since the eldritch figured some of the groups that had come to their home in search of the urban legend seemed to have people around the age of a college student. The question about their forms seems to get a smile out of Aborren. Alex has given them a reason to show off.

"I can take the form of just about anything, from bear-" Aborren's shape changes to that of bear, "-to bird-" then they look like a very large bird, reminiscent of some sort of condor, "-to simply something formless," their form once more changes and doesn't stop, shifting and moving like a liquid for a few seconds before settling back into a humanoid shape.

"The only limit is the size of the form I wish to take on. I cannot get much smaller than this form, and though I haven't tested it, I imagine there is a limit to how large I may be as well."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10