Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Don't limit pings - it'll destroy tools
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Support for both public pinglists, and allowing mass pings while giving users the option to disable them.

As many other users have mentioned in both this thread and many others, blocking mass pings will cripple many useful tools such as the Swipp Swap pinglist, marketplace pinglist, GASP, G1 hoarders, SIDHA, DOM pinglists, etc. While users may try to recreate their functionality offsite, that would still cut off many users from the useful tools that make FR run a lot smoother. I myself will be pretty negatively impacted by the loss of the G1 hoarders pinglist, both as a buyer and a seller. And, unforunately, I don't think FR is anywhere near replicating the complexity of these pinglists onsite.

However, I understand that disabling mass pings is meant to help reduce pinglist harrassment, which is difficult to prevent considering it occurs predominently offsite. I think allowing users the choice to toggle pings from both mass pinglists and onsite pinglists would be a compromise. It's not a perfect solution, but it would give users some degree of protection while not crippling useful usermade tools.
Support for both public pinglists, and allowing mass pings while giving users the option to disable them.

As many other users have mentioned in both this thread and many others, blocking mass pings will cripple many useful tools such as the Swipp Swap pinglist, marketplace pinglist, GASP, G1 hoarders, SIDHA, DOM pinglists, etc. While users may try to recreate their functionality offsite, that would still cut off many users from the useful tools that make FR run a lot smoother. I myself will be pretty negatively impacted by the loss of the G1 hoarders pinglist, both as a buyer and a seller. And, unforunately, I don't think FR is anywhere near replicating the complexity of these pinglists onsite.

However, I understand that disabling mass pings is meant to help reduce pinglist harrassment, which is difficult to prevent considering it occurs predominently offsite. I think allowing users the choice to toggle pings from both mass pinglists and onsite pinglists would be a compromise. It's not a perfect solution, but it would give users some degree of protection while not crippling useful usermade tools.
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
Support.

I can get behind the other ideas for pinglist moderation here, but look at me. When I sign up to be pinged for swipp items, I only want to be pinged for very specific items. Swipp has a pool of items so large I frankly don't have the brains to go count that right now. If I want my item specific pings, we're expecting one person to be on the look out constantly and to have LOTS of different pinglists made for every. Single. Item.
Or I just get pinged every time swipp restocks, which is completely useless to me because I already know when he restocks and can just check myself. "Why can't you do that anyway" you may be asking, beloved staff member. Well see, sometimes I'm busy and don't think to do so. Or it's tedious. Or it's really frustrating hanging around mindlessly waiting for that one item you need to finally stock and feeling the sharp sting of disappointment every two hours you check in to see it still isn't there.

And there's many more lists with this exact issue, like the G1 sellers and GASP.

Mass Pings in general shouldn't be removed. There should be a setting to mute notifications from posts with more than 12 pings, since it seems like we can absolutely detect the number of pings in a post. That would actually cut out harassment.
Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
Support.

I can get behind the other ideas for pinglist moderation here, but look at me. When I sign up to be pinged for swipp items, I only want to be pinged for very specific items. Swipp has a pool of items so large I frankly don't have the brains to go count that right now. If I want my item specific pings, we're expecting one person to be on the look out constantly and to have LOTS of different pinglists made for every. Single. Item.
Or I just get pinged every time swipp restocks, which is completely useless to me because I already know when he restocks and can just check myself. "Why can't you do that anyway" you may be asking, beloved staff member. Well see, sometimes I'm busy and don't think to do so. Or it's tedious. Or it's really frustrating hanging around mindlessly waiting for that one item you need to finally stock and feeling the sharp sting of disappointment every two hours you check in to see it still isn't there.

And there's many more lists with this exact issue, like the G1 sellers and GASP.

Mass Pings in general shouldn't be removed. There should be a setting to mute notifications from posts with more than 12 pings, since it seems like we can absolutely detect the number of pings in a post. That would actually cut out harassment.
Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
full support. public mass pinglists like GASP are the reason i was able to get any sales for my skin/accent preorders. me and many others like me need mass, public pinglist tools to be able to make a living. i understand the purpose of this update is to prevent pinglist harassment and bring more on-site support, but limiting pings is a bad decision, in my opinion.
full support. public mass pinglists like GASP are the reason i was able to get any sales for my skin/accent preorders. me and many others like me need mass, public pinglist tools to be able to make a living. i understand the purpose of this update is to prevent pinglist harassment and bring more on-site support, but limiting pings is a bad decision, in my opinion.
sleepy_caleb.pngUMA shop
support! its already a pain in the rear to sell g1s and skins, getting rid of the one thing (mass pings via the G1 and GASP pinglists) are just about the only way to sell them reliably. plus, how on earth are new skinmakers going to advertise their skins? the only way i find any of them is through GASP, because browsing the forum is a nightmare
support! its already a pain in the rear to sell g1s and skins, getting rid of the one thing (mass pings via the G1 and GASP pinglists) are just about the only way to sell them reliably. plus, how on earth are new skinmakers going to advertise their skins? the only way i find any of them is through GASP, because browsing the forum is a nightmare
ring_clear_the_bells_of_ecruteak_fr_sig_size_by_arkinine-dck2tke.png
Pinglists a set number of people can manage would be good, as well as ones anyone can ping (but not every ping list should be like this)

This will also impact the pinglists for flash sales and for swipp trades.
Pinglists a set number of people can manage would be good, as well as ones anyone can ping (but not every ping list should be like this)

This will also impact the pinglists for flash sales and for swipp trades.
Looking for some dragons!futYkXZ.pngw8o0xW1.png
Please staff don’t kill GASP! Most of my skin buyers get notified through GASP pings! It could kill the amount of people I get to see my skins!!
Please staff don’t kill GASP! Most of my skin buyers get notified through GASP pings! It could kill the amount of people I get to see my skins!!

GTLvwIY.png

spacer text - I prefer equals signs
Missy - 32/Married
7hj4RQm.png Christian 7hj4RQm.png

Vaporwave freak

92WYpCW.png
Support. I'm on the G1 Hoarders pinglist, which has entire pinglists for specific dates. That's about 365 pinglists for dates alone. The system as it stands cannot support the G1 Hoarders Association. I can't think of a solution for this, either, aside from allowing mass pings to remain an option instead of sunsetting it all to 12 pings maximum.
Support. I'm on the G1 Hoarders pinglist, which has entire pinglists for specific dates. That's about 365 pinglists for dates alone. The system as it stands cannot support the G1 Hoarders Association. I can't think of a solution for this, either, aside from allowing mass pings to remain an option instead of sunsetting it all to 12 pings maximum.
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
[quote name="@Starrlight" date="2023-10-26 14:43:38" ] Poking in to address some GASP-specific issues as a long-time GASP moderator while I'm still mulling the overall situation over. [quote name="Antimoany" date="2023-10-26 13:40:41" ] i think a lot of the issues with the death of mass-pings [i]as relates to GASP specifically[/i] can be resolved by a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2962678]much-needed skin shop feature[/url]. it grows more frustrating that we're still on this annoying system of blueprints and reprints and taking pre-orders through the forums and sort of just hoping that the skin you pre-ordered will ever be delivered (or, for that matter, approved). if we're losing mass forum pings, chalk up another reason a real skin shop is way overdue: it could handle pre-orders in a safe way and, together with a notification system for new additions to your favourite artist's shop, largely eliminate the need for GASP. that still leaves resellers with a struggle but, at least skin artists and most buyers would have a better time. [/quote] A formal on-site skin/accent shop would absolutely be super beneficial BUT! it doesn't help the mass-visibility that GASP brings to new accent makers that don't have much of a following and isn't able to accommodate GASP's more thorough filtering system E.g. someone can opt-out of being pinged for horror, or opt-in on seeing all the rainbow accents - and this isn't accommodated by an artist-specific notification especially if an artist explores a huge variety in accent styles. [/quote] i don't think a formal site skin shop feature would solve [i]all[/i] the issues GASP does, but i do think it would solve some of them, and could be expanded to help with others (a mandatory tagging system such as furvilla has for the most obviously objectionable content, for example) i'm with you on the visibility, though, that's going to be a big loss unless the skin shop system could have user-defined tag system, and players could choose to be notified for new skins approved with a given tag...but i highly doubt that would happen. honestly, i only brought it up because, until today, i firmly believed a site pinglist system would never happen. and here it is, alongside apparent plans to improve the skin system. so now my suggestion for a skin shop has gone from "it would be nice if they ever did this" to "maybe they might do this? and if they did, they should consider implementing features that alleviate issues with the pinglist system". i don't even use GASP at the moment, but i admire the engineering that went into it. i think, short of fr copying the current implentation of GASP wholesale into the pinglist system, there's no way for the site to fully realise all the benefits of it. [quote name="@ClockworkEclipse" date="2023-10-26 15:21:16" ] Support. I'm on the G1 Hoarders pinglist, which has entire pinglists for specific dates. That's about 365 pinglists for dates alone. [/quote] 366! leapday dragons are very popular
@Starrlight wrote on 2023-10-26 14:43:38:
Poking in to address some GASP-specific issues as a long-time GASP moderator while I'm still mulling the overall situation over.
Antimoany wrote on 2023-10-26 13:40:41:
i think a lot of the issues with the death of mass-pings as relates to GASP specifically can be resolved by a much-needed skin shop feature. it grows more frustrating that we're still on this annoying system of blueprints and reprints and taking pre-orders through the forums and sort of just hoping that the skin you pre-ordered will ever be delivered (or, for that matter, approved).

if we're losing mass forum pings, chalk up another reason a real skin shop is way overdue: it could handle pre-orders in a safe way and, together with a notification system for new additions to your favourite artist's shop, largely eliminate the need for GASP. that still leaves resellers with a struggle but, at least skin artists and most buyers would have a better time.

A formal on-site skin/accent shop would absolutely be super beneficial BUT! it doesn't help the mass-visibility that GASP brings to new accent makers that don't have much of a following and isn't able to accommodate GASP's more thorough filtering system E.g. someone can opt-out of being pinged for horror, or opt-in on seeing all the rainbow accents - and this isn't accommodated by an artist-specific notification especially if an artist explores a huge variety in accent styles.

i don't think a formal site skin shop feature would solve all the issues GASP does, but i do think it would solve some of them, and could be expanded to help with others (a mandatory tagging system such as furvilla has for the most obviously objectionable content, for example)

i'm with you on the visibility, though, that's going to be a big loss unless the skin shop system could have user-defined tag system, and players could choose to be notified for new skins approved with a given tag...but i highly doubt that would happen.

honestly, i only brought it up because, until today, i firmly believed a site pinglist system would never happen. and here it is, alongside apparent plans to improve the skin system. so now my suggestion for a skin shop has gone from "it would be nice if they ever did this" to "maybe they might do this? and if they did, they should consider implementing features that alleviate issues with the pinglist system".

i don't even use GASP at the moment, but i admire the engineering that went into it. i think, short of fr copying the current implentation of GASP wholesale into the pinglist system, there's no way for the site to fully realise all the benefits of it.
@ClockworkEclipse wrote on 2023-10-26 15:21:16:
Support. I'm on the G1 Hoarders pinglist, which has entire pinglists for specific dates. That's about 365 pinglists for dates alone.
366! leapday dragons are very popular
Tired | Xe / Xem / Xyr | Cymreig | avatar
support not limiting pings lol (:
support not limiting pings lol (:
bYt72YT.pngzl1ZGZ2.pngzKTvGe0.png
h3pYUy6.png
73vKFNE.png6JxFimx.png
Redesigning signature sorry for the mess
I fully support not limiting pings. It would absolutely ruin the current market for certain items and dragons, as selling with pinglists is a very needed part. I've sold and bought a large quantity of dragons using the g1 hoarders pinglist, and limiting it down to such a low number is a terrible idea. I think it should not be limited. This will ruin the quality of life players have when it comes to selling and buying certain things ingame.
I fully support not limiting pings. It would absolutely ruin the current market for certain items and dragons, as selling with pinglists is a very needed part. I've sold and bought a large quantity of dragons using the g1 hoarders pinglist, and limiting it down to such a low number is a terrible idea. I think it should not be limited. This will ruin the quality of life players have when it comes to selling and buying certain things ingame.
They/Them ~ Wishlist ~ Scatter Project er7d6Yk.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20