Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Don't limit pings - it'll destroy tools
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
I support not limiting pings -- there would still be some pinglist harassment, but it'd be cut down to the pinglists that choose to stay on Google Sheets/Discord.

I also support restricted pinglists. As it is now, people can just input a random number in the pinglist website link and find a dom pinglist.

[Edit after talking about it on Discord: I didn't realize how bad the harassment got, and I think a lot of other people also think that mild annoyance is the worst it's gotten, but people have left the site over this. There should still be some sort of change that lets pinglists with loads of categories function, but keeping the offsite harassment is probably not the best option]
I support not limiting pings -- there would still be some pinglist harassment, but it'd be cut down to the pinglists that choose to stay on Google Sheets/Discord.

I also support restricted pinglists. As it is now, people can just input a random number in the pinglist website link and find a dom pinglist.

[Edit after talking about it on Discord: I didn't realize how bad the harassment got, and I think a lot of other people also think that mild annoyance is the worst it's gotten, but people have left the site over this. There should still be some sort of change that lets pinglists with loads of categories function, but keeping the offsite harassment is probably not the best option]
Accent: Crocodile Friend!! Buy 'Accent:
Crocodile Friend!!'
here!
cVPo4yi.png
o9yS1eq.png
r8v91MH.png
8GgdVkW.png
njCJq66.png
bYt72YT.png
A badge of a sturgeon gardener for Water's Aqua Garden push in 2024. Art by Dovalore A badge of a Sewer Toridae with a tiger lily flower crown on its head. Obtained through a WaterDom grab bag event for LEAP 2024. Art by FirozTaverbi
There are too many site projects that involve more than one person who might possibly need to ping a list. The system, as it is currently implemented puts ALL the onus on one person to manage a pinglist.

This really sucks for any project that involves more than one person.

It's not just GASP, it's also things like the Swipp monitoring thread and Dom Watch.

I support the idea of muting mass pings and I'd love to see different tiers of in-site pinglists, but any on-site solution needs to fully replace current programs and systems, and this doesn't.
There are too many site projects that involve more than one person who might possibly need to ping a list. The system, as it is currently implemented puts ALL the onus on one person to manage a pinglist.

This really sucks for any project that involves more than one person.

It's not just GASP, it's also things like the Swipp monitoring thread and Dom Watch.

I support the idea of muting mass pings and I'd love to see different tiers of in-site pinglists, but any on-site solution needs to fully replace current programs and systems, and this doesn't.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
Support! I’m someone with 70+ pairs in my hatchery and who helps run different events such as Hatchery Hangout. Our pinglists tend to be… sizeable… and we ping for our different pairs.
Support! I’m someone with 70+ pairs in my hatchery and who helps run different events such as Hatchery Hangout. Our pinglists tend to be… sizeable… and we ping for our different pairs.
kWwfqJE.png
Alphias
~ they/them ~ +0 frt ~

skin & accent shop
adopt shop

ftu bio codes & assets
ice dom shop
ftu sheets!
a5suXBk.png
ice dom team & hh curator
I recently did an interest check for a g1 using that very sophisticated pinglist, and while I'm totally in support of an on-site pinglist, it definitely needs refinement so lists like GASP, ODCA, etc. don't wither. Support!
I recently did an interest check for a g1 using that very sophisticated pinglist, and while I'm totally in support of an on-site pinglist, it definitely needs refinement so lists like GASP, ODCA, etc. don't wither. Support!
ePOliyb.pngo7ZCFYm.pngJ7D1quC.png
[quote name="squidragon" date="2023-10-26 10:25:25" ] [quote name="Laeyein" date="2023-10-26 10:16:58" ] support!! if they're removing the ability for offsite tools to do it, then they need to add the ability to 1) let other people besides the pinglist "creator" use pinglist and 2) give people the option to opt in and out of very specific "tags" on these pinglists so that they're only getting pinged for exactly what they want. unless they bring in these features, their economy is going to suffer. [/quote] I love the idea of tags for a pinglist - custom tags + ability to make public lists and assign shared pinglists/ list moderators for things like dom watch & dom pinglists would go a really long way. [/quote] i think a tagging feature for pinglists would be prime opportunity to make a sort of pinglist finder! searching for ones to join by tags specifically; it could help newbies to the forums and older players alike find an 'in' to communities in a less intimidating way! [emoji=new friend size=1]
squidragon wrote on 2023-10-26 10:25:25:
Laeyein wrote on 2023-10-26 10:16:58:
support!! if they're removing the ability for offsite tools to do it, then they need to add the ability to 1) let other people besides the pinglist "creator" use pinglist and 2) give people the option to opt in and out of very specific "tags" on these pinglists so that they're only getting pinged for exactly what they want. unless they bring in these features, their economy is going to suffer.

I love the idea of tags for a pinglist - custom tags + ability to make public lists and assign shared pinglists/ list moderators for things like dom watch & dom pinglists would go a really long way.

i think a tagging feature for pinglists would be prime opportunity to make a sort of pinglist finder! searching for ones to join by tags specifically; it could help newbies to the forums and older players alike find an 'in' to communities in a less intimidating way!
78483506_T4h.png YDYolOP.png
potatho and I run a joint hatchery, and sure, usually I post all of the sales. But having him not be able to ping people on his own lists would be counterproductive. And I imagine that forcing us to split our sales into two posts would be kind of annoying to the people who are subbed to both. And what would we do about the general pinglist, which notifies people for both?

Don't get me wrong, I think that having an in-house way to run pinglist is going to be super helpful in most applications. But unless it gets more functionality added to it, I think it would be really harmful to cap manual pings to 12 users
potatho and I run a joint hatchery, and sure, usually I post all of the sales. But having him not be able to ping people on his own lists would be counterproductive. And I imagine that forcing us to split our sales into two posts would be kind of annoying to the people who are subbed to both. And what would we do about the general pinglist, which notifies people for both?

Don't get me wrong, I think that having an in-house way to run pinglist is going to be super helpful in most applications. But unless it gets more functionality added to it, I think it would be really harmful to cap manual pings to 12 users
Celeana.gifZ90Qjk6.pngkqQwOfO.gif lV1AgF0.gif

....Celeana.gif.... yLXYjDO.pngZ90Qjk6.pngkqQwOfO.gif
I support this! I'm an artist and without extensive pinglists that are able to be used by the community, I definitely wouldn't have been able to get my creations sold or even shared in the first place - I understand that having on-site pinglists would clear up some problems made by malicious people (though I'm pretty sure a large majority of people here are respectful enough to not maliciously mass-ping), the current idea of how it's going and the eventual fade of mass pings entirely doesn't seem that great
I support this! I'm an artist and without extensive pinglists that are able to be used by the community, I definitely wouldn't have been able to get my creations sold or even shared in the first place - I understand that having on-site pinglists would clear up some problems made by malicious people (though I'm pretty sure a large majority of people here are respectful enough to not maliciously mass-ping), the current idea of how it's going and the eventual fade of mass pings entirely doesn't seem that great
OIUN2Fc.png eoeoeo eoeoeo rAns2Aq.png

Support!
I just recently got into selling accents/skins and rely on tools like GASP to get the word out. It's also really nice to be able to use GASP to be informed when new skins I might like is made.
Support!
I just recently got into selling accents/skins and rely on tools like GASP to get the word out. It's also really nice to be able to use GASP to be informed when new skins I might like is made.
2Ha6niQ.png

Retori She/They
Fandragons
Accent Shop
Art Shop (wip)

kHW6DXe.png DmU9V5Z.pngn36gFjO.png
jSJU3jA.png8NRZH1K.png71lO6VY.png71lO6VY.png71lO6VY.png71lO6VY.png71lO6VY.png
support. aside from the lists mentioned i heavily rely on the MP flash sale and the swipp pinglist, this update would hurt those tremendously.
support. aside from the lists mentioned i heavily rely on the MP flash sale and the swipp pinglist, this update would hurt those tremendously.
20829.png __ null | he/they | FR+3
» selling / trading thread
» looking for accent wearers
My Wishlist / Pronouns : She / He
l5np.pnghnri.png q5v9.pngny85.pngdiqh.pngi07u.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20