Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Don't limit pings - it'll destroy tools
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20
the Swipp Swap pinglist is another community list that having one specific person in control of would severely limit its effectiveness. In addition, these community pinglists won't be able to be recreated if the original creator leaves the site for any reason, especially without warning. There will be no possible way to alert users that the pinglist has to be recreated for things like ElvenArtist's familiar tracker which was taken up by them after the previous owner was no longer active. I wouldn't have known to sign up for a new pinglist if the other one hadn't been available for them to ping. This will also cause problems with dominance organization, which has to be run and kept up by many people. Hatcheries are often run by more than one person, events are almost always run by more than one person. Community events such as Trick or Treat and Secret Santa have been passed between members, because running these kinds of events can be exhausting.

I know that there have been cases where these things have been abused, but I'm on a lot of pinglists (many of which are publically available) and I've never had a problem with those lists being spammed. I'm seriously worried that this removed functionality has the potential to destroy community events as they exist
the Swipp Swap pinglist is another community list that having one specific person in control of would severely limit its effectiveness. In addition, these community pinglists won't be able to be recreated if the original creator leaves the site for any reason, especially without warning. There will be no possible way to alert users that the pinglist has to be recreated for things like ElvenArtist's familiar tracker which was taken up by them after the previous owner was no longer active. I wouldn't have known to sign up for a new pinglist if the other one hadn't been available for them to ping. This will also cause problems with dominance organization, which has to be run and kept up by many people. Hatcheries are often run by more than one person, events are almost always run by more than one person. Community events such as Trick or Treat and Secret Santa have been passed between members, because running these kinds of events can be exhausting.

I know that there have been cases where these things have been abused, but I'm on a lot of pinglists (many of which are publically available) and I've never had a problem with those lists being spammed. I'm seriously worried that this removed functionality has the potential to destroy community events as they exist
cPW6H3E.png
I can't imagine how this new "feature" will be able to be effectively used for Gasp, ODCA and the likes...

You'd have to make pinglists for every single category? Like, one for 7 digits, one for unbred 7 digits, one for breed only 7 digits and so on...
I can't imagine how this new "feature" will be able to be effectively used for Gasp, ODCA and the likes...

You'd have to make pinglists for every single category? Like, one for 7 digits, one for unbred 7 digits, one for breed only 7 digits and so on...
918d3067284ef190697e582e4f1c6104694416ce.png[/ur]
UM for sale/trade ~Dragons for sale~
support all the way. mass pinglists are such an essential part of the site that it doesn't make sense to kill them off, despite their issues.
support all the way. mass pinglists are such an essential part of the site that it doesn't make sense to kill them off, despite their issues.
fr-lucanim-ak.png
Supporting the alternatives and improvements suggested to pinglists here!
Supporting the alternatives and improvements suggested to pinglists here!
MreCscM.png
I think the concept has the potential to be great, but staff didn't seem to have thought that much beyond 'single purpose pinglists'. And even there there's glaring problems--only the pinglist creator can ping the list? How about the pinglist creator being able to give other users permission to ping, at the very least?

And that's just one of the simple problems, let alone migraines like GASP...

Come on staff, you can do better.
I think the concept has the potential to be great, but staff didn't seem to have thought that much beyond 'single purpose pinglists'. And even there there's glaring problems--only the pinglist creator can ping the list? How about the pinglist creator being able to give other users permission to ping, at the very least?

And that's just one of the simple problems, let alone migraines like GASP...

Come on staff, you can do better.
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
Huge support. I am someone who heavily relies on GASP pinglists in order to be notified of skin sales from big and small artists alike, and uses it to ping a wide array of users in the sale of past skins. Even if these community pinglists could be managed publicly, this new simple pinglist system would completely negate the specifics GASP offers and effectively kill a notification system the UMA community of FR has used for years.

Not to mention, there are so many other community-led pinglists whether it be for old dragons, G1s, or Dom that aren't taken into account at all with this change.
Huge support. I am someone who heavily relies on GASP pinglists in order to be notified of skin sales from big and small artists alike, and uses it to ping a wide array of users in the sale of past skins. Even if these community pinglists could be managed publicly, this new simple pinglist system would completely negate the specifics GASP offers and effectively kill a notification system the UMA community of FR has used for years.

Not to mention, there are so many other community-led pinglists whether it be for old dragons, G1s, or Dom that aren't taken into account at all with this change.
uCEnQTB.gif
Citrusly » She/Her » Avatar Dragon
Massive support! The second I read about the mass ping limiting, the update went from fantastic to doomsday ;v;
The main thing I use forums for are gasp, g1, and glitch/2L pings, and that's primarily how I find anything I'm interested in! I also get use from the swipp, flash sale, and dom lists, and those are all some of the best community run features we have
I can't imagine FR without them honestly
Massive support! The second I read about the mass ping limiting, the update went from fantastic to doomsday ;v;
The main thing I use forums for are gasp, g1, and glitch/2L pings, and that's primarily how I find anything I'm interested in! I also get use from the swipp, flash sale, and dom lists, and those are all some of the best community run features we have
I can't imagine FR without them honestly
image20.jpg
support, especially because of things like date specific pings IRT gen 1s, special ids, etc. please do not make people create individual pinglists for each day of the year when hosting them offsite is the far more preferable option
support, especially because of things like date specific pings IRT gen 1s, special ids, etc. please do not make people create individual pinglists for each day of the year when hosting them offsite is the far more preferable option
1000% support. by removing mass pinglists, it will undeniably create a whole mess of issues. as a skin artist, i heavily rely on gasp to get interest and be able to fill runs. without gasp, i wouldn’t get a fraction of the sales i do, even if i advertise anywhere i can,,,,

not sure if anyone’s mentioned this, but this will also harm hatcheries. many hatcheries have pair specific pinglists, and by removing mass pinglist features, it means that hatcheries will have to create a lot of individual pinglists if people want to be pinged for specific pairs only. this also affects hatcheries as some users ask to be on pinglists for specific color/gene combos, and by removing the ability to have full control over your pinglist, you effectively remove the ability to ping users for specific hatches.

as of right now, i don’t have any suggestions for how to circumvent the second issue, but a suggestion to help the first problem is to create sub-pinglists. i’m not home right now to make a mockup, but i’ll try to explain it to the best of my ability now -

basically, it would allow for users to sign up for something specific under one pinglist instead of creating multiple pinglists.
using my joint hatchery as an example, if someone wanted to sign up for one of my pairs but not all of them, i could create one main pinglist, aka a general pinglist, and add sub-pinglists to it so that users could sign up for a specific pair.

how does this work from the owner/creator’s viewpoint?
from the creator/owner/user’s standpoint, when using a pinglist with subcategories, the subcategories would appear in a checklist-like format - you could select the lists you want to ping, and deselect those you don’t want to ping.

i’ll try to make a mockup of this when i can, but i hope i explained it well enough.
1000% support. by removing mass pinglists, it will undeniably create a whole mess of issues. as a skin artist, i heavily rely on gasp to get interest and be able to fill runs. without gasp, i wouldn’t get a fraction of the sales i do, even if i advertise anywhere i can,,,,

not sure if anyone’s mentioned this, but this will also harm hatcheries. many hatcheries have pair specific pinglists, and by removing mass pinglist features, it means that hatcheries will have to create a lot of individual pinglists if people want to be pinged for specific pairs only. this also affects hatcheries as some users ask to be on pinglists for specific color/gene combos, and by removing the ability to have full control over your pinglist, you effectively remove the ability to ping users for specific hatches.

as of right now, i don’t have any suggestions for how to circumvent the second issue, but a suggestion to help the first problem is to create sub-pinglists. i’m not home right now to make a mockup, but i’ll try to explain it to the best of my ability now -

basically, it would allow for users to sign up for something specific under one pinglist instead of creating multiple pinglists.
using my joint hatchery as an example, if someone wanted to sign up for one of my pairs but not all of them, i could create one main pinglist, aka a general pinglist, and add sub-pinglists to it so that users could sign up for a specific pair.

how does this work from the owner/creator’s viewpoint?
from the creator/owner/user’s standpoint, when using a pinglist with subcategories, the subcategories would appear in a checklist-like format - you could select the lists you want to ping, and deselect those you don’t want to ping.

i’ll try to make a mockup of this when i can, but i hope i explained it well enough.
///////// //
c a r r o t
he / him | FR + 3
art shop | skinshop
the arcade | aesthetic rising
ezgif-2-62fb54da77.gif
[quote name="Vendrus" date="2023-10-26 09:34:33" ] While I love having official pinglist and have zero issues with them, the future limit on pings per post is a major problem. Are staff aware of GASP, the General Accent and Skin Pinglist? It's the single biggest way skin sellers get signups, and limiting users to 12 pings in a post will destroy it entirely. It'll also kill - ODCA low-digit sales, auctions and pricing/interest check pinglists - G1 sellers - Any other community-use pinglists EDIT: ALTERNATIVE: Community-marked pinglists! Anyone can ping them, anyone can sign up to them. This will still have an impact on GASP, but instead of breaking it entirely ones can be set up for specific criteria so artists can ping them. It's a long way off ideal and you lose the 'don't ping for x' option but it'd be better than nothing. Specific suggestion for community, multi-manager and invite-based pinglists: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/3282864 Quote: - We need the ability to make pinglists invite-only. Some pinglists you don't want everyone to be able to sign up to - e.g. dominance org stuff - We need the ability to make pinglists pingable by specific people (again, see dominance stuff and shared hatcheries/events) - We need community-pingable pinglists where anyone can ping. EDIT: Flight-limited pinglists - only people in X flight can sign up (and are removed automatically if changing flight) [/quote] Support! I hadn't thought about having flight-only lists and have those leaving a flight be automatically removed, but that would be very cool. When I left my last flight, it was months later that I was still receiving pings from that flight's specific forums, despite thinking I'd removed myself from all the pinglists.
Vendrus wrote on 2023-10-26 09:34:33:
While I love having official pinglist and have zero issues with them, the future limit on pings per post is a major problem.

Are staff aware of GASP, the General Accent and Skin Pinglist? It's the single biggest way skin sellers get signups, and limiting users to 12 pings in a post will destroy it entirely.

It'll also kill
- ODCA low-digit sales, auctions and pricing/interest check pinglists
- G1 sellers
- Any other community-use pinglists

EDIT:
ALTERNATIVE:

Community-marked pinglists! Anyone can ping them, anyone can sign up to them.

This will still have an impact on GASP, but instead of breaking it entirely ones can be set up for specific criteria so artists can ping them. It's a long way off ideal and you lose the 'don't ping for x' option but it'd be better than nothing.

Specific suggestion for community, multi-manager and invite-based pinglists: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/3282864

Quote:
- We need the ability to make pinglists invite-only. Some pinglists you don't want everyone to be able to sign up to - e.g. dominance org stuff

- We need the ability to make pinglists pingable by specific people (again, see dominance stuff and shared hatcheries/events)

- We need community-pingable pinglists where anyone can ping.

EDIT:
Flight-limited pinglists - only people in X flight can sign up (and are removed automatically if changing flight)

Support!

I hadn't thought about having flight-only lists and have those leaving a flight be automatically removed, but that would be very cool. When I left my last flight, it was months later that I was still receiving pings from that flight's specific forums, despite thinking I'd removed myself from all the pinglists.
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20