Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Don't limit pings - it'll destroy tools
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20
Support. I’m a small skin artist and collect very specific g1 color combos.
I love making skins, it’s a fun challenge working within the strict criteria to make something cool. However… with the cost of blueprints being such a high bar to entry, without g.a.s.p., I don’t think my first runs of skins ever would have made a profit, much less broken even. And I think that would have turned me away from making more skins.
I have social anxiety that makes it hard for me to reach out & inquire about buying dragons, and getting pings for the color combinations I’m interested in really helps- I don’t feel like I’m bugging people for a dragon or possibly lowballing if I’m just being pinged for a sale in the first place!
Ultimately, these have become core parts of how I play the game, and sunsetting these tools makes me really sad- I wonder how many new and small artists will be demoralized out of making more wonderful skins because of this.
Support. I’m a small skin artist and collect very specific g1 color combos.
I love making skins, it’s a fun challenge working within the strict criteria to make something cool. However… with the cost of blueprints being such a high bar to entry, without g.a.s.p., I don’t think my first runs of skins ever would have made a profit, much less broken even. And I think that would have turned me away from making more skins.
I have social anxiety that makes it hard for me to reach out & inquire about buying dragons, and getting pings for the color combinations I’m interested in really helps- I don’t feel like I’m bugging people for a dragon or possibly lowballing if I’m just being pinged for a sale in the first place!
Ultimately, these have become core parts of how I play the game, and sunsetting these tools makes me really sad- I wonder how many new and small artists will be demoralized out of making more wonderful skins because of this.
76436926_wl0lCyP5Llx6lgg.png 22, it/its, autistic thing
please don’t use they/them for me
+3 server time
Support. I think the site supported pinglists are a wonderful thing but removing mass pings would negatively impact so many forum programs and such
Support. I think the site supported pinglists are a wonderful thing but removing mass pings would negatively impact so many forum programs and such
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
Might as well just copy-paste my response in full support: [quote name="RedWillia" date="2023-10-26 11:55:02" ] [quote]IMPORTANT NOTE: The ping command can only be used by the pinglist's creator, so no one can co-opt your pinglist to annoy other players.[/quote] If I'm reading this correctly. then unfortunately, this basically makes the function useless in most use-cases - imagine I'm (again) in a dom team, we're 5 people organizing an event for 1000 players. So if I create the pinglist but then Something Happens (my laptop dies, I break an arm, whatever), none of my fellow organizers can take over because none of them can use the ping command. If the "solution" is to have 5 pinglists, then it's not a solution either - as each of the 1000 players has to remember to subscribe to all 5 pinglists (else different organizers might be pinging different people) [b]and[/b] to subscribe to new ones if more organizers appear. There should be "authorized" people, people who can also use the ping command, else, instead of saving, you just killed pinglists. [/quote]
Might as well just copy-paste my response in full support:

RedWillia wrote on 2023-10-26 11:55:02:
Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTE: The ping command can only be used by the pinglist's creator, so no one can co-opt your pinglist to annoy other players.

If I'm reading this correctly. then unfortunately, this basically makes the function useless in most use-cases - imagine I'm (again) in a dom team, we're 5 people organizing an event for 1000 players. So if I create the pinglist but then Something Happens (my laptop dies, I break an arm, whatever), none of my fellow organizers can take over because none of them can use the ping command. If the "solution" is to have 5 pinglists, then it's not a solution either - as each of the 1000 players has to remember to subscribe to all 5 pinglists (else different organizers might be pinging different people) and to subscribe to new ones if more organizers appear.

There should be "authorized" people, people who can also use the ping command, else, instead of saving, you just killed pinglists.
JQQ3Fjt.png
Another thread suggested letting people mute mass pings, which is a great compromise.
Another thread suggested letting people mute mass pings, which is a great compromise.
“blaireau’s
support; the g1 pinglist (as well as others) is incredibly useful to me as someone who collects specific dates/colors. disabling mass-pings would make looking for these dragons SO much harder.
support; the g1 pinglist (as well as others) is incredibly useful to me as someone who collects specific dates/colors. disabling mass-pings would make looking for these dragons SO much harder.
CPMK3ES.gif Dg3u2u3.png bumble
advAsr3.png non-binary
he/him or
xey/xem
@bubbaberriboo
W0PfjfV.png strawberry
Huge support aughgh,, this is a great new feature but if it comes at the cost of completely destroying all past user-made pinglists it'll really not be worth it ;o; I do think the best solution is a per-player option to disable mass pings, so that players who don't want to be mass-pinged can still customize that while people who want to use GASP and such can still use those.
Huge support aughgh,, this is a great new feature but if it comes at the cost of completely destroying all past user-made pinglists it'll really not be worth it ;o; I do think the best solution is a per-player option to disable mass pings, so that players who don't want to be mass-pinged can still customize that while people who want to use GASP and such can still use those.
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
Support. It’s a nice system but it need so much more if it’s gonna replace what we have.
Support. It’s a nice system but it need so much more if it’s gonna replace what we have.
AqaqXxe.png
also if mass pings are limited raffle runners can't ping everyone to check tickets, announce first round,whatever. I guess the fix is everyone has to subscribe to every thread but the UI for unsubscribing to thread from clan info is super limited.

I think the ping lists have utility for single artist pinglist creation and use, but there's other stuff to consider.

Several of my fave accent artists have a helper, sometimes artist pings,sometimes helper. if I sign up to artist list, helper can't use it (without the work around of helper seeing who has signed up for it by signing up for it and hand coding pings) but I don't think I as someone signing up should see that 10 seconds ago person x signed up and would want that changed anyway.

I've probably bought more fest rejects accents from gasp by being part of lightning aesthetic/light aesthetic vs the big list (which def has so many ppl)

wow the dom team burnout is only 1 person on team could use dom pinglist, meaning you feel guilty about taking time away from fr because only you can ping. Also someone leaves/gets locked etc

Also for scale, off top of my head, battle/fest raffles can have 500 people entering raffle, I've seen successful gasp pings fill 3-4runs which definitely indicates more than 12 ppl pinged.
also if mass pings are limited raffle runners can't ping everyone to check tickets, announce first round,whatever. I guess the fix is everyone has to subscribe to every thread but the UI for unsubscribing to thread from clan info is super limited.

I think the ping lists have utility for single artist pinglist creation and use, but there's other stuff to consider.

Several of my fave accent artists have a helper, sometimes artist pings,sometimes helper. if I sign up to artist list, helper can't use it (without the work around of helper seeing who has signed up for it by signing up for it and hand coding pings) but I don't think I as someone signing up should see that 10 seconds ago person x signed up and would want that changed anyway.

I've probably bought more fest rejects accents from gasp by being part of lightning aesthetic/light aesthetic vs the big list (which def has so many ppl)

wow the dom team burnout is only 1 person on team could use dom pinglist, meaning you feel guilty about taking time away from fr because only you can ping. Also someone leaves/gets locked etc

Also for scale, off top of my head, battle/fest raffles can have 500 people entering raffle, I've seen successful gasp pings fill 3-4runs which definitely indicates more than 12 ppl pinged.
This [quote]IMPORTANT NOTE: The ping command can only be used by the pinglist's creator, so no one can co-opt your pinglist to annoy other players.[/quote] makes this [quote]One final note: In the near future, we will be removing the option to send "mass pings". Simply put, this means the method of pinging multiple users that has existed until now.[/quote] a quite terrible idea. Assuming I'm reading it correctly. Which I almost have a hard time believing it. Even though there's no mention of it in the post that I can see, though, I [i]can't imagine[/i] that the staff hasn't thought of the fact that many - if not most - mass pings are meant to be used by a community and not an individual. Pings for nest rentals, accent sales, for dom things, etc. They simply have to be making some kind of allowance for community pings because that's almost entirely what they are. I just can't imagine they didn't foresee this.
This
Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTE: The ping command can only be used by the pinglist's creator, so no one can co-opt your pinglist to annoy other players.
makes this
Quote:
One final note: In the near future, we will be removing the option to send "mass pings". Simply put, this means the method of pinging multiple users that has existed until now.
a quite terrible idea. Assuming I'm reading it correctly. Which I almost have a hard time believing it.

Even though there's no mention of it in the post that I can see, though, I can't imagine that the staff hasn't thought of the fact that many - if not most - mass pings are meant to be used by a community and not an individual. Pings for nest rentals, accent sales, for dom things, etc. They simply have to be making some kind of allowance for community pings because that's almost entirely what they are.

I just can't imagine they didn't foresee this.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I don't really have anything to say that hasn't been said already, but I'll say it anyway.

On the one hand, if there are security issues involved, then I understand that this may be a necessary change, frustrating as it is. On the other hand, as a mediocre skin maker myself, I'm very aware that selling skins can be pretty difficult, even with a GASP list! I don't like to imagine what it'd be like without one.

Anyways, here's hoping they figure out a way to make things like dom pinglists and GASP work at least moderately well.
I don't really have anything to say that hasn't been said already, but I'll say it anyway.

On the one hand, if there are security issues involved, then I understand that this may be a necessary change, frustrating as it is. On the other hand, as a mediocre skin maker myself, I'm very aware that selling skins can be pretty difficult, even with a GASP list! I don't like to imagine what it'd be like without one.

Anyways, here's hoping they figure out a way to make things like dom pinglists and GASP work at least moderately well.
Esqqj26.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20