Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | How do you stay connected to dragons
1 2 3
Rn for me it's about the projects. I only have one G1, but many of my dragons have gotten regened and I set little goals for myself, like having a pair of every ancient or no repeating genes in a tab.

The other thing, is the lineage dragons. I really like breeding those and giving away the hatchlings, and find the ones with level requirements a lot of fun. When there are festivals, I like to do one of the challenges, too.

But if you're burnt out, you're burnt out! I think it's perfectly fine to take a break, come back, purge a bunch and then start over! There are a couple of other games I play like that.
Rn for me it's about the projects. I only have one G1, but many of my dragons have gotten regened and I set little goals for myself, like having a pair of every ancient or no repeating genes in a tab.

The other thing, is the lineage dragons. I really like breeding those and giving away the hatchlings, and find the ones with level requirements a lot of fun. When there are festivals, I like to do one of the challenges, too.

But if you're burnt out, you're burnt out! I think it's perfectly fine to take a break, come back, purge a bunch and then start over! There are a couple of other games I play like that.
Endless_Garden.png
For me, getting nice G1s, gening them, and giving them lore. Makes em feel like I earned them since I had to gene them myself, and when I have an idea for how they can fit into the lair lore wise they become hard to part with. It's not foolproof, I've lost interest in and given up on some, but it's why I still have quite a few of my older dragons.
For me, getting nice G1s, gening them, and giving them lore. Makes em feel like I earned them since I had to gene them myself, and when I have an idea for how they can fit into the lair lore wise they become hard to part with. It's not foolproof, I've lost interest in and given up on some, but it's why I still have quite a few of my older dragons.
xxxxxx rLjqGXW.gif gWlopTc.gif
Hmmm. Some personal tips that may or may not work for you: [LIST=1] [*]Know the persisting trend in your own wants, or: keep a dragon before 'obtaining' the dragon. [LIST] [*]Why do you like dragons? [*]What do you value in life and lair? [*]Pick none if you're not certain, or pick one to try out. [*]No outfit means no gening. This means that by the time I gene a dragon, sunk cost fallacy has me by the metaphorical balls. [/LIST] [quote]Meet Fen who is much beloved, but who I had to swallow initial resentment for! (You see, I wanted an all imp lair with sakura themed progens, but instead of asking friends what the pink-green color was, I assumed that spring meant sakura and picked that for my custom progen. Directly after, I decided to drop a veilspun scrol on him to make him look like an imp, and blocked myself from breeding. Didn't know the AH was a thing, so you can imagine... Yeah.) Ended up giving him a second chance, because heck, why not roll with it! But I did let the veilspun stew in my lair for a good while before I did put my all into him, and in the process, I figured out the reason why I wanted to play the game and also found the perfect skin and some sentimental lore. Fen's my favorite because what he represents: the core values I build my lair around :P[/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70169796][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/701698/70169796_350.png[/img][/url] [*]Lore as a organization system and not an individual feature. [LIST] [*] Separate your clan lore for your lair lore: Strive to world build, not to dragon build. [*]Define and redefine dragons in the greater universe. [/LIST] [quote]Foliar is something in relation to my lair and her lore could but does not stand on its own. So despite of there not being much, she's still very beloved.[/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51818185][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/518182/51818185_350.png[/img][/url] [*]Escalate, journey: be willing to go for the unobtainable dreams. [LIST] [*]I tend to escalate my purchases when I need a dragon to give me a thrill and rush for obtaining it! [/LIST] [quote]Moon is a 5 digit! Yeah I'll never let go of this beauty.[/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90156][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/902/90156_350.png[/img][/url] [*]Uniquely mine. [LIST] [*]Make your dragons something for yourself, from your mind, without outside inspiration or urging. [*]Dragons correspond to a certain time in my gameplay and have emotional value to me. [*]Dragons to represent your values as a person. [/LIST] [quote]Duanwu took me ages to dress and links to a nostalgic part of my youth. She also represents the 10k forum post goal spurge, which happened around the time a former friend broke my trust. This led to me reconsidering what I value in friends and has improved my quality of life significantly. It's a dragon of personal character growth and reminds me that I can stand strong despite emotional pain and outside manipulation and that true growth, love and understanding comes from within. [/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/24339643][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/243397/24339643_350.png[/img][/url] [*]Allow yourself time, mistakes, re-imagening. [LIST] [*]Rewrite depending on own preferences. [*]Aim for permanence, but do not shy away from scatters and redressing: some dragons need continuous maintenance to be loved. Others need an overhaul that you're not ready for yet. [/LIST] [quote]Cindertree is one of those dragons I gened and made an outfit for, only to reconsider the outfit, lore and name. One day something clever will come to me, but now he's serving a purpose as my avatar dragon, with some temporary and unfinished lore:[/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/117485][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/1175/117485_350.png[/img][/url]
Hmmm.
Some personal tips that may or may not work for you:
  1. Know the persisting trend in your own wants, or: keep a dragon before 'obtaining' the dragon.
    • Why do you like dragons?
    • What do you value in life and lair?
    • Pick none if you're not certain, or pick one to try out.
    • No outfit means no gening. This means that by the time I gene a dragon, sunk cost fallacy has me by the metaphorical balls.
    Quote:
    Meet Fen who is much beloved, but who I had to swallow initial resentment for!

(You see, I wanted an all imp lair with sakura themed progens, but instead of asking friends what the pink-green color was, I assumed that spring meant sakura and picked that for my custom progen. Directly after, I decided to drop a veilspun scrol on him to make him look like an imp, and blocked myself from breeding. Didn't know the AH was a thing, so you can imagine... Yeah.)

Ended up giving him a second chance, because heck, why not roll with it! But I did let the veilspun stew in my lair for a good while before I did put my all into him, and in the process, I figured out the reason why I wanted to play the game and also found the perfect skin and some sentimental lore.

Fen's my favorite because what he represents: the core values I build my lair around :P
    70169796_350.png
  2. Lore as a organization system and not an individual feature.
    • Separate your clan lore for your lair lore: Strive to world build, not to dragon build.
    • Define and redefine dragons in the greater universe.
    Quote:
    Foliar is something in relation to my lair and her lore could but does not stand on its own. So despite of there not being much, she's still very beloved.
    51818185_350.png
  3. Escalate, journey: be willing to go for the unobtainable dreams.
    • I tend to escalate my purchases when I need a dragon to give me a thrill and rush for obtaining it!
    Quote:
    Moon is a 5 digit! Yeah I'll never let go of this beauty.
    90156_350.png
  4. Uniquely mine.
    • Make your dragons something for yourself, from your mind, without outside inspiration or urging.
    • Dragons correspond to a certain time in my gameplay and have emotional value to me.
    • Dragons to represent your values as a person.
    Quote:
    Duanwu took me ages to dress and links to a nostalgic part of my youth. She also represents the 10k forum post goal spurge, which happened around the time a former friend broke my trust. This led to me reconsidering what I value in friends and has improved my quality of life significantly. It's a dragon of personal character growth and reminds me that I can stand strong despite emotional pain and outside manipulation and that true growth, love and understanding comes from within.
    24339643_350.png
  5. Allow yourself time, mistakes, re-imagening.
    • Rewrite depending on own preferences.
    • Aim for permanence, but do not shy away from scatters and redressing: some dragons need continuous maintenance to be loved. Others need an overhaul that you're not ready for yet.
    Quote:
    Cindertree is one of those dragons I gened and made an outfit for, only to reconsider the outfit, lore and name. One day something clever will come to me, but now he's serving a purpose as my avatar dragon, with some temporary and unfinished lore:
    117485_350.png
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Honestly, for a long time I just didn't? It took a while to settle into exactly what I wanted to do, and even now I get ideas for new ranges that I wind up dropping for my better-established, more familiar ones. Or I'll swap an old dragon out for one I like way better.

You'll find something you're super into eventually! Or you can enjoy the fluidity of trying out different ideas.

I definitely agree that gen1s tho, or just project dragons in general, can help!

So can maybe a more collection-based approach, like, really focusing in on a certain color range, or a specific theme, that type of thing!
Honestly, for a long time I just didn't? It took a while to settle into exactly what I wanted to do, and even now I get ideas for new ranges that I wind up dropping for my better-established, more familiar ones. Or I'll swap an old dragon out for one I like way better.

You'll find something you're super into eventually! Or you can enjoy the fluidity of trying out different ideas.

I definitely agree that gen1s tho, or just project dragons in general, can help!

So can maybe a more collection-based approach, like, really focusing in on a certain color range, or a specific theme, that type of thing!
mlCZXSG.png
for me it's the opposite, I get easily attached to dragons. Projects, lore and outfits make them more special, maybe with the ideas just go with the first one coming to your mind even if you start feel bored by it (the feeling may change?)

I actually regret some dragons I've exalted and wish I could bring them back even though my taste for dragons have changed. So maybe finding the right vibe with dragons would help, think about which is your favourite breeds, fav colours, fav genes and go by them. Maybe write down some favourite things? For me list is long and I like so many different things but it's okay. Your lair doesn't have to aesthetically pleasing for others - just for you.

And maybe taking a little break would help too ? or just log in to do dailies and don't go into your lair. Let your dragons be for a little while. Also think twice when buying is it really what you want and what you need, would you love it tomorrow too?

I hope you will find a way to get attached to your dragons, or right dragons for you ^^
for me it's the opposite, I get easily attached to dragons. Projects, lore and outfits make them more special, maybe with the ideas just go with the first one coming to your mind even if you start feel bored by it (the feeling may change?)

I actually regret some dragons I've exalted and wish I could bring them back even though my taste for dragons have changed. So maybe finding the right vibe with dragons would help, think about which is your favourite breeds, fav colours, fav genes and go by them. Maybe write down some favourite things? For me list is long and I like so many different things but it's okay. Your lair doesn't have to aesthetically pleasing for others - just for you.

And maybe taking a little break would help too ? or just log in to do dailies and don't go into your lair. Let your dragons be for a little while. Also think twice when buying is it really what you want and what you need, would you love it tomorrow too?

I hope you will find a way to get attached to your dragons, or right dragons for you ^^
23860.png rix3ppo.png WQA384m.png 23859.png
I love to set goals for myself so a g1 lair was very, very easy to fall into as it all started with my progens. But what works for me, doesn't work for others.

Some players may focus more on collecting items, fams, breeding dragons, lineage dragons or just winning/supplying dom. Ultimately, dragons can always be a sideline attraction as long as you still enjoy the game for other reasons!

@Islet - love your advice and Fen! Gave him a well deserved like.
I love to set goals for myself so a g1 lair was very, very easy to fall into as it all started with my progens. But what works for me, doesn't work for others.

Some players may focus more on collecting items, fams, breeding dragons, lineage dragons or just winning/supplying dom. Ultimately, dragons can always be a sideline attraction as long as you still enjoy the game for other reasons!

@Islet - love your advice and Fen! Gave him a well deserved like.
Lore, Outfit, Art. Making the dragon feel like a friend/book character rather than randomized art helps me. For instance, I could not live without this guy. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67689965][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/676900/67689965_350.png[/img][/url]
Lore, Outfit, Art. Making the dragon feel like a friend/book character rather than randomized art helps me. For instance, I could not live without this guy.
67689965_350.png
65801676p.png
FR +3 | She/Her
Wishlist | Sales
i get attached to dragons very easily but one thing i do struggle with is actually writing lore! so my way of bonding with them is to dress them up, which doesn't always work, or i make bio formats for them! i think making bio formats is a great way to flesh out a dragon because you need to take into account their aesthetic, their role in your clan, and even their personality. i'll drop Maverick here because i'm really proud of his layout, even if there's only a single short story in there. all the images used link back to the sources as well, if you see anything you like! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/83026088][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/830261/83026088_350.png[/img][/url]
i get attached to dragons very easily but one thing i do struggle with is actually writing lore! so my way of bonding with them is to dress them up, which doesn't always work, or i make bio formats for them! i think making bio formats is a great way to flesh out a dragon because you need to take into account their aesthetic, their role in your clan, and even their personality. i'll drop Maverick here because i'm really proud of his layout, even if there's only a single short story in there. all the images used link back to the sources as well, if you see anything you like!
83026088_350.png
wishlist|tumblr|avatar
fr+3|they/them|ace
poetry archive|poetry shop
I love dinosaurs
horn player for 7 years!
acecatcher.png
jt3PpxV.png
I see you organize your lair based on dragon breed, which seems in itself already a bit detached. I've come up with a loose concept for each tab that still gives me the freedom to sort by color or other demands (for example I don't like one breed being too dominant in one tab).

Maybe not lore per se, but a general theme could help you breath some life back into your lair? For example: I base most of my dragons (loosely) on flora and fauna, but I've barely written any lore.

I also think rearranging your lair by color/attachement/other and creating some chaos in your tabs could help.
I see you organize your lair based on dragon breed, which seems in itself already a bit detached. I've come up with a loose concept for each tab that still gives me the freedom to sort by color or other demands (for example I don't like one breed being too dominant in one tab).

Maybe not lore per se, but a general theme could help you breath some life back into your lair? For example: I base most of my dragons (loosely) on flora and fauna, but I've barely written any lore.

I also think rearranging your lair by color/attachement/other and creating some chaos in your tabs could help.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa U1qRAMx.gif
credit: Bealfin
g1s keep me attached! i have a few non-g1 dragons, because they're sentimental to me. but g1 dragons have more of an attachment to them, because i took the time to save and gene them.
g1s keep me attached! i have a few non-g1 dragons, because they're sentimental to me. but g1 dragons have more of an attachment to them, because i took the time to save and gene them.
DoWq1FH.pngYzZnJxc.pngCi4cDic.png
noSD0w3.png
1 2 3