Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Question about custom accents
I was thinking about trying to make my own accent for a dragon of mine but I don't have adobe photoshop and I will not be getting it. I was wondering if there were other programs that use the PSD format or if I could use a different format all together, maybe a PNG?
I was thinking about trying to make my own accent for a dragon of mine but I don't have adobe photoshop and I will not be getting it. I was wondering if there were other programs that use the PSD format or if I could use a different format all together, maybe a PNG?
@WaywardWarlord

All you need is an art program that supports multiple layers and a program that can unzip the .psd files (they are compressed files). Submission format is PNG.

Have you read the basic Tutorial? Rules?

Free art programs (GIMP, procreate, Fire Alpaca are commonly used) are perfectly fine. You just need one compatible with your device.
@WaywardWarlord

All you need is an art program that supports multiple layers and a program that can unzip the .psd files (they are compressed files). Submission format is PNG.

Have you read the basic Tutorial? Rules?

Free art programs (GIMP, procreate, Fire Alpaca are commonly used) are perfectly fine. You just need one compatible with your device.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind
just so you're aware, procreate has a 1 time payment but it's still much more reasonable then the adobe programs are
@Nightwind
just so you're aware, procreate has a 1 time payment but it's still much more reasonable then the adobe programs are
unknown.png
Gimp is completely free and works great.
Gimp is completely free and works great.
DoA7S6N.png 4fT5maI.png 894ypxu.png Ekx6TBM.png ?nZxWz=party_xy.png
I use FireAlpaca for skin/accent making
I use FireAlpaca for skin/accent making
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Krita is a nice, completely free alternative!
Krita is a nice, completely free alternative!
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
@SkyBlaze

Thank you for the correction! I'll update my info.
@SkyBlaze

Thank you for the correction! I'll update my info.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Thank you everyone for the replies! I use paint. net and I couldn't load up the PSD files in that program. I didn't realize that I had to unzip the individual files.

Thank you all for the info and thanks @Nightwind for telling me to unzip them!
Thank you everyone for the replies! I use paint. net and I couldn't load up the PSD files in that program. I didn't realize that I had to unzip the individual files.

Thank you all for the info and thanks @Nightwind for telling me to unzip them!
I just realized that I didn't look at the tutorials oh no! I thought I did but that was just the information and rules! xD

I am now reading the very helpful tutorials and seeing exactly what information I needed lol
I just realized that I didn't look at the tutorials oh no! I thought I did but that was just the information and rules! xD

I am now reading the very helpful tutorials and seeing exactly what information I needed lol