Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ23] Mistral Meals - Closed
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24 25
I can't believe I made it this far, but this time I got the short end of the stick by being part of the last threesome. Not only that, this next challenge has me stumped, so I'm just gonna do the daily activity post for now... [quote=Day 5 Activity]Harpies have an interesting relationship with vegetables. Except for the odd meal or dish that requires it, they typically leave them to use as incredibly ornate garnishes, that are then NOT to be actually eaten. This prompt is a bit of a two parter, as I’m interested in what vegetable/root/fruit your dragon attempts to carve, and what sort of look they’re going for (whether it actually ends up looking like it or not).[/quote] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46772243][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/467723/46772243_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Believe it or not, Jwaila and the harpies have another thing in common. She will turn her nose up at "rabbit food," but won't hesitate to jump at the chance to chop some up. Despite the clan having many fighters, she's the most talented dragon with a "weapon," even if she only uses said weapons on food. She's especially entertained by the traditional vegetarian dragon's challenge of peeling an apple in one go. If she ever met Bloodstone, she'd be thrilled to learn that carving turnips is another tradition! [center][item=honeycrisp apple][/center] [s]Let me know if I answered the prompt properly. I guess the answer to "part 1" would be "an apple" and the answer to "part 2" would be "an apple, but naked"[/s] Edit: I forgot Merida also uses a weapon, and I just featured her in the last Daily Activity... but she and Jwaila would probably be closely matched in a battle of weapons arts.
I can't believe I made it this far, but this time I got the short end of the stick by being part of the last threesome. Not only that, this next challenge has me stumped, so I'm just gonna do the daily activity post for now...
Day 5 Activity wrote:
Harpies have an interesting relationship with vegetables. Except for the odd meal or dish that requires it, they typically leave them to use as incredibly ornate garnishes, that are then NOT to be actually eaten.

This prompt is a bit of a two parter, as I’m interested in what vegetable/root/fruit your dragon attempts to carve, and what sort of look they’re going for (whether it actually ends up looking like it or not).
46772243_350.png

Believe it or not, Jwaila and the harpies have another thing in common. She will turn her nose up at "rabbit food," but won't hesitate to jump at the chance to chop some up. Despite the clan having many fighters, she's the most talented dragon with a "weapon," even if she only uses said weapons on food. She's especially entertained by the traditional vegetarian dragon's challenge of peeling an apple in one go. If she ever met Bloodstone, she'd be thrilled to learn that carving turnips is another tradition!
Honeycrisp Apple

Let me know if I answered the prompt properly. I guess the answer to "part 1" would be "an apple" and the answer to "part 2" would be "an apple, but naked"

Edit: I forgot Merida also uses a weapon, and I just featured her in the last Daily Activity... but she and Jwaila would probably be closely matched in a battle of weapons arts.
XZHBdwO.gif___Oh5fgzz.png___UjPne50.gif
@Beatoriche I just want to say yes! The return of Flambaby! Also, I've been cheering for you this whole time. You've done great! (Even if your spoons have been lacking. I've been struggling with a stomach issue myself)
@Beatoriche I just want to say yes! The return of Flambaby! Also, I've been cheering for you this whole time. You've done great! (Even if your spoons have been lacking. I've been struggling with a stomach issue myself)
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/4279545][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/42796/4279545_350.png[/img][/url] A better run than last year! Stormcloud wished team Cooks At Heart all the best. She'd begged some of their Blackberry Vinaigrette off of the saladmaster, and it was very good on crackers. She'd have to study up on sauces next year. Meanwhile, there should be enough time to check out the side tents before the final round of judging began... [item=Sweet Potato Vine] A small row of what appeared to be miniature pumpkins lined the countertop, ranging from wonky at the start to pretty good at the end. Closer inspection revealed that they were carved sweet potatoes. It seemed a waste to not eat the scraps. Maybe a mash... with some coconut milk and sugar perhaps...
4279545_350.png

A better run than last year! Stormcloud wished team Cooks At Heart all the best. She'd begged some of their Blackberry Vinaigrette off of the saladmaster, and it was very good on crackers. She'd have to study up on sauces next year. Meanwhile, there should be enough time to check out the side tents before the final round of judging began...

Sweet Potato Vine

A small row of what appeared to be miniature pumpkins lined the countertop, ranging from wonky at the start to pretty good at the end. Closer inspection revealed that they were carved sweet potatoes. It seemed a waste to not eat the scraps. Maybe a mash... with some coconut milk and sugar perhaps...
Oh no I forgot to submit my entry ;-;
Oh no I forgot to submit my entry ;-;
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Round 3- super excited to make it this far! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57668896][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/576689/57668896_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78135643][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/781357/78135643.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60350297][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/603503/60350297.png[/img][/url] Twizz wrapped her arms around Kada's leg in an excited hug, thrilled that she had contributed to their successes. She was a great apprentice. Kada patted her on the head, trying to figure out what to make. He wanted to do a desert, but that had been his downfall in the past. Should he go with his gut? "See, I told you my drinks would get you the win," Wyatt said, elbowing Kada to show he was teasing. He probably only half believed it. "Have you ever gotten this far before? You've never won, right?" Kada steeled himself. "I got to the end, but I lost to a burnt fish," he deadpanned. Both Wyatt and Twizz fell over themselves laughing, and Kada eventually joined in. It was pretty funny. "But I didn't have you guys that time, so maybe our luck will change. Ready to do something crazy? I want to make macarons." While they were a famously fussy desert, Kada felt they would lend themselves well to a variety of colors and flavors, while still being a united dish on the plate. He had incorporated meat and seafood elements into sweets before, with mixed results, but harpies might be a better audience for his wilder ideas. And they could get crazy with the presentation if they had time. It was worth a try. "Okay, we're going to do 7 colors. So we're going to make one big batch of batter and separate them out, and do the same with the buttercream." First Kada directed Twizz to grind up the sugar super fine, separate the egg whites from the yolks, and get the baking sheets and piping bags prepped. Overmixing the batter was another concern, but he didn't want to have all the macaron shells be the same and just the filling taste different, so it was a risk they were going to have to take. "Wyatt, I don't need the details, but can you make a machine that will liquify cooked meat?" They would be easier to combine to the batter without throwing off the balance of ingredients (hopefully.)"While you do that I need to beat the eggs." The peaks had to be PERFECT. Besides beating the eggs and getting the sugar the right consistency, he needed to figure out how to make the batter light and fluffy. Normally you would use almond flour, and kada preferred luminous almonds to their electric counterpart. Maybe some incorporeal substance would help keep it light? Kada would use all four of the required ingredients, and add some of his own. No more living in fear! Cooked croakers didn't actually have much flavor, which he knew from his clan eating them constantly. They mostly added color, so he would add grinded up dustwing hummingbird, which were often a sweeter meat from their diet, and make the filling maple. For orange, some serpae tetras ground into a paste, with a thick amber algae filling, dusted in cinnamon. The carnival angelfish would lose its color upon cooking, but he would keep the macarons blue and green. It would pair nicely with citrus lionfish, and a lemony filling. Bluebite rattlers actually had blue meat on the inside, but their venom needed to be offset. Maybe some peppermint, with blue honeycomb filling. For purple, he would use the coneflowers mixed with satin violets, and the cotton candy section could be part of the filling. To offset the weird sweetness of it, he would also add aether cherries. For pink, the beetles could be safely ground up into a powder and mixed into the batter, with a few chunks kept aside to add to the filling for a little crunch. During last year's festival Kada had eaten a chocolate filled with mums, and realized it was actually quite tasty considering the expense. Since it was free for the competition, he would add those in to add a floral taste and more pink. Lastly, he wanted to do something more neutral and harpy colored, maybe a white vanilla kind of flavor. It would need meat, too. Something to really impress them, and tie the whole theme together. Maybe a poisonous creature they wouldn't normally eat, like tokay geckos. Twizz could strip off the skin safely, and the seldom tasted meat underneath would pair with arroyo toad. He could make them white by boiling the meat with patio roses, and the roses could be part of the vanilla filling. The team rushed around the kitchen, cooking the meat, sticking it through the serious of strange tubes and gears Wyatt had plopped in the center until a paste came out the bottom, adding it to the batter, extruding the batter out of the piping bags, letting it sit, baking it, letting it sit again, frosting them, trying not to get the frostings mixed up. It was a hectic final sprint to the finale. Kada was proud of his work. If it had gone successfully, the macarons would be light and fluffy in texture, but heavy in flavor, an interesting contrast. If it went badly, it would be a gooey meat mess. Other competitors would probably combine all the ingredients into one cohesive dish, matching their flavors together, and Kada knew he hadn't done that. He liked to make these variety type dishes, but it wasn't necessarily as impressive to make separate things and put them on the same plate. But he felt like he fulfilled the spirit of making something colorful, festival oriented, inclusive of their harpy friends, and fun to eat. He was too nervous to try one before the judges did, since there was no time to start over and he'd rather not go into judging knowing his dish was bad. Better to be a surprise. All that was left was the presentation. They found a large square platter, and arranged the macarons by color into a rainbow shape, with the white ones towards the bottom for clouds. All the batter has [item=luminous almonds][item=incorporeal substance] Red: [item=heartred croaker leg][item=dustwing hummingbird] Orange [item=serpae tetras][item=amber algae][item=cinnamon] Yellow/green [item=carnival angelfish][item=citrus lionfish] Blue [item=bluebite rattler][item=peppermint][item=blue honeycomb] Purple [item=coneflower cotton candy][item=satin violets][item=aether cherries] Pink [item=nogglebane leaf beetle][item=pretty pink mums] white [item=tokay gecko][item=arroyo toad][item=patio rose] I had a lot of fun. Excited to see what everyone else makes. I think I would be too impatient to make macarons in real life, but the pictures look so good...
Round 3- super excited to make it this far!
57668896_350.png
78135643.png60350297.png
Twizz wrapped her arms around Kada's leg in an excited hug, thrilled that she had contributed to their successes. She was a great apprentice. Kada patted her on the head, trying to figure out what to make. He wanted to do a desert, but that had been his downfall in the past. Should he go with his gut?

"See, I told you my drinks would get you the win," Wyatt said, elbowing Kada to show he was teasing. He probably only half believed it. "Have you ever gotten this far before? You've never won, right?"

Kada steeled himself. "I got to the end, but I lost to a burnt fish," he deadpanned. Both Wyatt and Twizz fell over themselves laughing, and Kada eventually joined in. It was pretty funny. "But I didn't have you guys that time, so maybe our luck will change. Ready to do something crazy? I want to make macarons."

While they were a famously fussy desert, Kada felt they would lend themselves well to a variety of colors and flavors, while still being a united dish on the plate. He had incorporated meat and seafood elements into sweets before, with mixed results, but harpies might be a better audience for his wilder ideas. And they could get crazy with the presentation if they had time. It was worth a try.

"Okay, we're going to do 7 colors. So we're going to make one big batch of batter and separate them out, and do the same with the buttercream." First Kada directed Twizz to grind up the sugar super fine, separate the egg whites from the yolks, and get the baking sheets and piping bags prepped. Overmixing the batter was another concern, but he didn't want to have all the macaron shells be the same and just the filling taste different, so it was a risk they were going to have to take.

"Wyatt, I don't need the details, but can you make a machine that will liquify cooked meat?" They would be easier to combine to the batter without throwing off the balance of ingredients (hopefully.)"While you do that I need to beat the eggs." The peaks had to be PERFECT. Besides beating the eggs and getting the sugar the right consistency, he needed to figure out how to make the batter light and fluffy. Normally you would use almond flour, and kada preferred luminous almonds to their electric counterpart. Maybe some incorporeal substance would help keep it light?

Kada would use all four of the required ingredients, and add some of his own. No more living in fear! Cooked croakers didn't actually have much flavor, which he knew from his clan eating them constantly. They mostly added color, so he would add grinded up dustwing hummingbird, which were often a sweeter meat from their diet, and make the filling maple. For orange, some serpae tetras ground into a paste, with a thick amber algae filling, dusted in cinnamon. The carnival angelfish would lose its color upon cooking, but he would keep the macarons blue and green. It would pair nicely with citrus lionfish, and a lemony filling. Bluebite rattlers actually had blue meat on the inside, but their venom needed to be offset. Maybe some peppermint, with blue honeycomb filling.

For purple, he would use the coneflowers mixed with satin violets, and the cotton candy section could be part of the filling. To offset the weird sweetness of it, he would also add aether cherries. For pink, the beetles could be safely ground up into a powder and mixed into the batter, with a few chunks kept aside to add to the filling for a little crunch. During last year's festival Kada had eaten a chocolate filled with mums, and realized it was actually quite tasty considering the expense. Since it was free for the competition, he would add those in to add a floral taste and more pink. Lastly, he wanted to do something more neutral and harpy colored, maybe a white vanilla kind of flavor. It would need meat, too. Something to really impress them, and tie the whole theme together. Maybe a poisonous creature they wouldn't normally eat, like tokay geckos. Twizz could strip off the skin safely, and the seldom tasted meat underneath would pair with arroyo toad. He could make them white by boiling the meat with patio roses, and the roses could be part of the vanilla filling.

The team rushed around the kitchen, cooking the meat, sticking it through the serious of strange tubes and gears Wyatt had plopped in the center until a paste came out the bottom, adding it to the batter, extruding the batter out of the piping bags, letting it sit, baking it, letting it sit again, frosting them, trying not to get the frostings mixed up. It was a hectic final sprint to the finale.

Kada was proud of his work. If it had gone successfully, the macarons would be light and fluffy in texture, but heavy in flavor, an interesting contrast. If it went badly, it would be a gooey meat mess. Other competitors would probably combine all the ingredients into one cohesive dish, matching their flavors together, and Kada knew he hadn't done that. He liked to make these variety type dishes, but it wasn't necessarily as impressive to make separate things and put them on the same plate. But he felt like he fulfilled the spirit of making something colorful, festival oriented, inclusive of their harpy friends, and fun to eat. He was too nervous to try one before the judges did, since there was no time to start over and he'd rather not go into judging knowing his dish was bad. Better to be a surprise.

All that was left was the presentation. They found a large square platter, and arranged the macarons by color into a rainbow shape, with the white ones towards the bottom for clouds.

All the batter has
Luminous Almonds Incorporeal Substance

Red:
Heartred Croaker Leg Dustwing Hummingbird

Orange
Serpae Tetras Amber Algae Cinnamon

Yellow/green
Carnival Angelfish Citrus Lionfish

Blue
Bluebite Rattler Peppermint Blue Honeycomb

Purple
Coneflower Cotton Candy Satin Violets Aether Cherries

Pink
Nogglebane Leaf Beetle Pretty Pink Mums

white
Tokay Gecko Arroyo Toad Patio Rose

I had a lot of fun. Excited to see what everyone else makes. I think I would be too impatient to make macarons in real life, but the pictures look so good...
UiEAFzH.png She/her

+2 FR Time

Cryptid Collection
_B12_L.pngo203-d01-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d02-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d03-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d04-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d05-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d01-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d02-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d03-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d04-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d05-Alo-Vra.png
[center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/751978/75197799p.png[/img] [color=red][size=6]VS [/size][/color][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/467723/46772243p.png[/img][color=red][size=6]VS [/size][/color][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/808441/80844089p.png[/img] [b]L1BR4[/b] vs [b]Jeevas[/b] vs [b]ArithMedic[/b][/center] [quote=Round 3] At your disposal are some of the brightest colored ingredients we were able to source for the competition. While admittedly some of them may not stay that way depending on how you prepare them, we hope that they provide some inspiration for some of your most festive fare! Use at least [b]THREE[/b] of the following ingredients in your entry: [center] [item=heartred croaker leg][item=coneflower cotton candy][item=nogglebane leaf beetle][item=carnival angelfish] HeartRed Croaker Leg / Coneflower Cotton Candy / Nogglebane Leaf Beetle / Carnival Angelfish[/center] [/quote] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46772243][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/467723/46772243p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [color=transparent]_____[/color] [nextcol] "Lumped into a threesome? Again???" [/columns] Diego rubs his temples as Jwaila points her knives at her two opponents again. [columns] [color=transparent]_____________[/color] [nextcol] "Calm down, Jwaila. Let's just take a deep breath and look at the ingredients..." [nextcol] [color=transparent]_____[/color] [nextcol] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45772591][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/457726/45772591p.png[/img][/url] [/columns] Diego trails off as he sets his eyes on what's in front of him and takes in Compote's words. His eyes grow three sizes as he takes in the smorgasbord of color before him. Jwaila lowers her blades and picks up a croaker leg. [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46772243][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/467723/46772243p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [color=transparent]_____[/color] [nextcol] "They're skimping on all the good meat! Where are my red-blooded fur-covered haunches??" [/columns] Diego is shocked out of his trance when he remembers Jwaila's specialty. There's no way he can let her burn all of these ingredients to a crisp. [columns] [color=transparent]_______________________[/color] [nextcol] "...have you ever considered... serving meat raw?" [nextcol] [color=transparent]_____[/color] [nextcol] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45772591][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/457726/45772591p.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46772243][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/467723/46772243p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [color=transparent]_____[/color] [nextcol] [size=5]"[b][i]RAWW???[/i][/b]"[/size] [/columns] [columns] [color=transparent]_____________[/color] [nextcol] "Ok, ok, maybe not [i]everything[/i] raw, but that fish looks rather nice. Why don't we try sushi?" [nextcol] [color=transparent]_____[/color] [nextcol] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45772591][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/457726/45772591p.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [center][item=heartred croaker leg][item=coneflower cotton candy][item=nogglebane leaf beetle][item=carnival angelfish] [item=cucumber][item=miniature potash peach] [There totally should be an avocado item in this game by now. Devs, get on it!][/center] After a bit more grumbling, Jwaila agrees to try the sushi idea if Diego lets her cook the croaker legs and figure something out with the bugs. After some thought, Diego suggests that the color of the croaker legs can be conserved if they were steamed instead of baked or grilled, which Jwaila agrees to compromise on. They both agree that the Nogglebanes' shells were hearty enough to keep their sheen if they were (carefully) toasted. Next, Diego explains to Jwaila what sushi is. All he had to do was mention how the fish was meant to be prepared and she gets to slicing it up. That leaves the tundra to begin preparing the rice. He remembered how Jwaila used the cotton candy to make a syrup last time and decides to use some of it to add to the rice to make it extra sweet and sticky. He then tosses several avocados and cucumbers Jwaila's way so that she can chop those up as well (with some guidance). Then, once the rice is finished mixing, Diego spreads it out on bamboo leaves and lays a large sheet of dried seaweed (prepared by Jwaila) on top of it. Then the long slices of cucumber, avocado, and angelfish are added to the roll, along with a little more rice, and with some careful handiwork, the roll is formed and cut into pieces. Jwaila then takes care of her portion of the dish, coating the beetles in salt and chili pepper before roasting them and placing them atop the sushi pieces. She then marinates the croaker legs in miniature potash peach juice and steams them. She resists the urge to add a side of ashfall prickler dipping sauce like she did the last couple times. With the sushi plated, Diego takes the remainder of syrup and mixes it with soy sauce and drizzles it over the finished product and artistically at the edge of the plate. He then places the croaker legs intermittently with the sushi pieces in an abstract artistic display. After staring at his work for almost five minutes, Jwaila pokes Diego in the side and asks if he's done, to which he nervously and reluctantly accepts that he is. A pause. [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46772243][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/467723/46772243p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [color=transparent]_____[/color] [nextcol] "Thanks for your help, by the way. I probably wouldn't have gotten this far in the competition without you." [/columns] [columns] [color=transparent]_______________________[/color] [nextcol] "Oh! Uhh... no problem. Y'know, leader's orders." [nextcol] [color=transparent]_____[/color] [nextcol] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45772591][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/457726/45772591p.png[/img][/url] [/columns] They decide to call this dish [b]"Friend Sushi"[/b] ------ @L1BR4 @ArithMedic (For anyone interested in RPing)
75197799p.png VS 46772243p.pngVS 80844089p.png
L1BR4 vs Jeevas vs ArithMedic
Round 3 wrote:

At your disposal are some of the brightest colored ingredients we were able to source for the competition. While admittedly some of them may not stay that way depending on how you prepare them, we hope that they provide some inspiration for some of your most festive fare!

Use at least THREE of the following ingredients in your entry:
Heartred Croaker Leg Coneflower Cotton Candy Nogglebane Leaf Beetle Carnival Angelfish
HeartRed Croaker Leg / Coneflower Cotton Candy / Nogglebane Leaf Beetle / Carnival Angelfish

46772243p.png _____ "Lumped into a threesome? Again???"

Diego rubs his temples as Jwaila points her knives at her two opponents again.

_____________ "Calm down, Jwaila. Let's just take a deep breath and look at the ingredients..." _____ 45772591p.png

Diego trails off as he sets his eyes on what's in front of him and takes in Compote's words. His eyes grow three sizes as he takes in the smorgasbord of color before him. Jwaila lowers her blades and picks up a croaker leg.

46772243p.png _____ "They're skimping on all the good meat! Where are my red-blooded fur-covered haunches??"

Diego is shocked out of his trance when he remembers Jwaila's specialty. There's no way he can let her burn all of these ingredients to a crisp.

_______________________ "...have you ever considered... serving meat raw?" _____ 45772591p.png

46772243p.png _____ "RAWW???"

_____________ "Ok, ok, maybe not everything raw, but that fish looks rather nice. Why don't we try sushi?" _____ 45772591p.png

Heartred Croaker Leg Coneflower Cotton Candy Nogglebane Leaf Beetle Carnival Angelfish
Cucumber Miniature Potash Peach
[There totally should be an avocado item in this game by now. Devs, get on it!]

After a bit more grumbling, Jwaila agrees to try the sushi idea if Diego lets her cook the croaker legs and figure something out with the bugs. After some thought, Diego suggests that the color of the croaker legs can be conserved if they were steamed instead of baked or grilled, which Jwaila agrees to compromise on. They both agree that the Nogglebanes' shells were hearty enough to keep their sheen if they were (carefully) toasted.

Next, Diego explains to Jwaila what sushi is. All he had to do was mention how the fish was meant to be prepared and she gets to slicing it up. That leaves the tundra to begin preparing the rice. He remembered how Jwaila used the cotton candy to make a syrup last time and decides to use some of it to add to the rice to make it extra sweet and sticky. He then tosses several avocados and cucumbers Jwaila's way so that she can chop those up as well (with some guidance). Then, once the rice is finished mixing, Diego spreads it out on bamboo leaves and lays a large sheet of dried seaweed (prepared by Jwaila) on top of it. Then the long slices of cucumber, avocado, and angelfish are added to the roll, along with a little more rice, and with some careful handiwork, the roll is formed and cut into pieces.

Jwaila then takes care of her portion of the dish, coating the beetles in salt and chili pepper before roasting them and placing them atop the sushi pieces. She then marinates the croaker legs in miniature potash peach juice and steams them. She resists the urge to add a side of ashfall prickler dipping sauce like she did the last couple times.

With the sushi plated, Diego takes the remainder of syrup and mixes it with soy sauce and drizzles it over the finished product and artistically at the edge of the plate. He then places the croaker legs intermittently with the sushi pieces in an abstract artistic display. After staring at his work for almost five minutes, Jwaila pokes Diego in the side and asks if he's done, to which he nervously and reluctantly accepts that he is. A pause.

46772243p.png _____ "Thanks for your help, by the way. I probably wouldn't have gotten this far in the competition without you."

_______________________ "Oh! Uhh... no problem. Y'know, leader's orders." _____ 45772591p.png

They decide to call this dish "Friend Sushi"

@L1BR4 @ArithMedic (For anyone interested in RPing)
Yes I will do my best, I am not much of an RPer (or writer tbh) but I do love it!
Yes I will do my best, I am not much of an RPer (or writer tbh) but I do love it!
KBQZyFR.pngiCquEWh.pngDKhOfI1.png
[center][b]Daily Activity: Day 5 Thursday[/b][/center] Strohwein had been walking around, seeing if he could find Team Strinjale. He wanted to see how they were feeling, maybe even offer a hug, but the knife skills demonstration really got his attention. (Besides, he's sure the rest of the clan has commenced [i]Operation: Cheer Potato Up and Learn More About Reishi's Boyfriend[/i] by now.) [quote=Day 5 Activity]Harpies have an interesting relationship with vegetables. Except for the odd meal or dish that requires it, they typically leave them to use as incredibly ornate garnishes, that are then NOT to be actually eaten. This prompt is a bit of a two parter, as I’m interested in what vegetable/root/fruit your dragon attempts to carve, and what sort of look they’re going for (whether it actually ends up looking like it or not).[/quote] Stroh loooooves plants, and appreciate the work that goes into making these garnishes. He's not bad with a knife, but carving a cantaloupe into a centrepiece is quite a challenge. One that he looks forward to. "I think I'll turn you into a flower." He said to it. "You'll like that, wouldn't you Mochi?" Mochi, the tiny Aether that's on his head, chirped in delight. With his controlled strength and patience, he was able to carve out pieces of the cantaloupe, occasionally feeding Mochi one of the scraps. The result was decent. It looked like a flower, but Stroh wasn't satisfied and continued to work on it, adding as much detail as he could. About an hour has passed and he was finally pleased with the large garnish. Mochi had been silent, and Stroh figured she took a nap. He carefully reached and picked her up from his head, only to be confused by what he saw. [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73619971][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/736200/73619971_350.png[/img][/url] "Oh." He said to the black cat. "You're not Mochi."[/center] ---------- [columns]Mom told Mochi to be on her best behaviour and never leave Dad, and Mochi was a good listener. Still, she couldn't ignore some of the energy in the room. There are dragons here that could use a hug![nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85074958][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/850750/85074958.png[/img][/url][/columns] She has learned that not all dragons appreciate hugs. Words are still hard for her to say, but all she's got to do is walk up to a dragon, look at them with her big eyes and make a cute sound. Ask permission to hug, done! She got a few hugs, a couple pats and was on her way to her next target. A baby Tundra. She loooooves Tundras, and this one seem like they'll give a great hug. "Mochi, is that you? Are you all alone? Oh goodness!!!" Suddenly she was picked up! How rude. She's the one that chooses who can hold- oh, it's Reishi. Mochi purrs happily. Spiral hug! Reishi quickly introduces Mochi to Krese and Leslie. "This is Mochi. She's the clan leaders' new child, I think? I mean I heard she came from outer space, but she's very friendly! She's not suppose to be on her own. Are you lost Mochi?" He looks around and then sees Strohwein in the distance (is that cat on his head?). He yells to get Stroh's attention and holds up Mochi. Stroh waves, gives a thumbs up, then heads for a cart of vegetables. Huh. Looks like Reishi's babysitting for a bit. Perhaps they should stay here til he's done and carve some plants. He hopes Krese and Leslie won't mind. It's not super exciting, but they can use a chill day to relax. Reishi tried his best, attempting to make mushroom garnishes. He gave up after his 35th attempt, for he kept shredding his mushrooms. [center]He rather watch Krese while hugging Mochi. [/center] [right]She's so fluffy!! [/right] ------------- Could have ended it with Stroh, but have some fluff! @BoatBud - I'm glad I got that Krese does not like to fight. xD Not sure if he or Leslie is into carving fruits/veggies/fungi? It's not Reishi's thing haha. Good luck to everyone that's completing in Round 3 [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Those who didn't make it may get a comforting hug from either Stroh or Mochi, they will allow it. If I had the time to write Mochi hugging every dragon that got eliminated from the competition I would lol. Free virtual hugs for everyone.
Daily Activity: Day 5 Thursday
Strohwein had been walking around, seeing if he could find Team Strinjale.
He wanted to see how they were feeling, maybe even offer a hug, but the knife skills demonstration really got his attention. (Besides, he's sure the rest of the clan has commenced Operation: Cheer Potato Up and Learn More About Reishi's Boyfriend by now.)

Day 5 Activity wrote:
Harpies have an interesting relationship with vegetables. Except for the odd meal or dish that requires it, they typically leave them to use as incredibly ornate garnishes, that are then NOT to be actually eaten.

This prompt is a bit of a two parter, as I’m interested in what vegetable/root/fruit your dragon attempts to carve, and what sort of look they’re going for (whether it actually ends up looking like it or not).

Stroh loooooves plants, and appreciate the work that goes into making these garnishes. He's not bad with a knife, but carving a cantaloupe into a centrepiece is quite a challenge. One that he looks forward to.

"I think I'll turn you into a flower." He said to it. "You'll like that, wouldn't you Mochi?" Mochi, the tiny Aether that's on his head, chirped in delight.

With his controlled strength and patience, he was able to carve out pieces of the cantaloupe, occasionally feeding Mochi one of the scraps. The result was decent. It looked like a flower, but Stroh wasn't satisfied and continued to work on it, adding as much detail as he could.

About an hour has passed and he was finally pleased with the large garnish. Mochi had been silent, and Stroh figured she took a nap. He carefully reached and picked her up from his head, only to be confused by what he saw.
73619971_350.png
"Oh." He said to the black cat. "You're not Mochi."

Mom told Mochi to be on her best behaviour and never leave Dad, and Mochi was a good listener. Still, she couldn't ignore some of the energy in the room.

There are dragons here that could use a hug!
85074958.png

She has learned that not all dragons appreciate hugs. Words are still hard for her to say, but all she's got to do is walk up to a dragon, look at them with her big eyes and make a cute sound. Ask permission to hug, done!

She got a few hugs, a couple pats and was on her way to her next target. A baby Tundra. She loooooves Tundras, and this one seem like they'll give a great hug.

"Mochi, is that you? Are you all alone? Oh goodness!!!"

Suddenly she was picked up! How rude. She's the one that chooses who can hold- oh, it's Reishi. Mochi purrs happily. Spiral hug!

Reishi quickly introduces Mochi to Krese and Leslie. "This is Mochi. She's the clan leaders' new child, I think? I mean I heard she came from outer space, but she's very friendly! She's not suppose to be on her own. Are you lost Mochi?"

He looks around and then sees Strohwein in the distance (is that cat on his head?). He yells to get Stroh's attention and holds up Mochi. Stroh waves, gives a thumbs up, then heads for a cart of vegetables. Huh. Looks like Reishi's babysitting for a bit. Perhaps they should stay here til he's done and carve some plants.

He hopes Krese and Leslie won't mind.
It's not super exciting, but they can use a chill day to relax.

Reishi tried his best, attempting to make mushroom garnishes. He gave up after his 35th attempt, for he kept shredding his mushrooms.
He rather watch Krese while hugging Mochi.
She's so fluffy!!

Could have ended it with Stroh, but have some fluff!

@BoatBud - I'm glad I got that Krese does not like to fight. xD Not sure if he or Leslie is into carving fruits/veggies/fungi? It's not Reishi's thing haha.

Good luck to everyone that's completing in Round 3
Those who didn't make it may get a comforting hug from either Stroh or Mochi, they will allow it. If I had the time to write Mochi hugging every dragon that got eliminated from the competition I would lol.

Free virtual hugs for everyone.
85074958.png
UIuKM01.png
YMPbu9R.png
HxcMlGn.png
JvUa9ma.png
hOwQuFI.png

FObX7rS.png
2634384.png LWTq9T9.png
Daily Activity: Day 5 [b]Team Julia’s Child of Clan Medievalredragon Daily Activity Day 5 Thursday[/b] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/54632489][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/546325/54632489_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][i]Bones[/i][/center] [center][item=Windcarve Bladedancer] "Zorro"[/center] [quote=] Prompt Day 5 Thursday wrote: Harpies have an interesting relationship with vegetables. Except for the odd meal or dish that requires it, they typically leave them to use as incredibly ornate garnishes, that are then NOT to be actually eaten. This prompt is a bit of a two-parter, as I’m interested in what vegetable/root/fruit your dragon attempts to carve, and what sort of look they’re going for (whether it actually ends up looking like it or not).[/quote] A group of survey/poll takers are stopping dragons and familiars outside the Food Competition tent. As Bones and Zorro approach an aether dragon approaches them with a digital tablet in her claws. “Greetings good gentles. I have been asked to conduct a poll about the following: Do you use vegetable/root/fruit or other items of food does as decorations, and if so how? Inquiring minds would like to know!” the aether says as she absent-mindedly nibbles on some little balls of paper. “We use all kinds of things to garnish food dishes but we do the most elaborate stuff around our clan’s feast of Samhain in October. Some of the vegetables we carve, but do not eat, included pumpkins, other types of squash, turnips, radishes, onions and carrots. We carve faces onto the pumpkins and squashes and hollow out the insides so that we can place candles, will o’the wisp, will o’ the embers, kunzite and other types of lights and glowing things. We stack and carve the squash into various shapes both historical and fantastical. We also carve radishes and onions into rosettes and other flower shapes -- again used mostly for decoration although we do eat these items sometimes.” Said Bones. Zorro pipes up with, “We also have a ‘Transformation Feast’ where we serve entremets also called subtleties. These are elaborate entertainment dishes that combine carved, molded and otherwise manipulated food, magic, engineering and storytelling. It is a real work of art.” The Aether slowly blinked, “Huh?” “Bones says, “ It is a clan-wide competition to make a dish, usually a dessert as elaborate as possible. For example we had a castle made of cake and crispy treats on which they added modeling chocolate and marzipan (made from nuts) and used poured sugar to make sugar glass windows. They used engineering to make a working drawbridge that opened to a fountain of lemonade spilling into the moat. It had working catapults that shot all kinds of chocolate covered and sugared fruits in the shape of stones and arrows (but not pointy) into the audience’s mouths. There were flying dragons made of edible paper that flew around its ramparts - obviously that was magic. It was really pretty. It only tasted okay if you like sweets.” The aether looked at them again with a slow blink. Having evidently made up its mind it said, “Okay, I will put you down as “yes pumpkins and turnips which we carve and put lights into and sometimes other stuff we don’t want to really eat.” Bones and Zorro’s mouth dropped open at the aether’s comment. Then they just shrugged and went into the competition tent to see what the semi-finalists had made.
Daily Activity: Day 5

Team Julia’s Child of Clan Medievalredragon
Daily Activity Day 5 Thursday

54632489_350.png
Bones

Windcarve Bladedancer
"Zorro"

wrote:
Prompt Day 5 Thursday wrote: Harpies have an interesting relationship with vegetables. Except for the odd meal or dish that requires it, they typically leave them to use as incredibly ornate garnishes, that are then NOT to be actually eaten.

This prompt is a bit of a two-parter, as I’m interested in what vegetable/root/fruit your dragon attempts to carve, and what sort of look they’re going for (whether it actually ends up looking like it or not).

A group of survey/poll takers are stopping dragons and familiars outside the Food Competition tent. As Bones and Zorro approach an aether dragon approaches them with a digital tablet in her claws. “Greetings good gentles. I have been asked to conduct a poll about the following: Do you use vegetable/root/fruit or other items of food does as decorations, and if so how? Inquiring minds would like to know!” the aether says as she absent-mindedly nibbles on some little balls of paper.

“We use all kinds of things to garnish food dishes but we do the most elaborate stuff around our clan’s feast of Samhain in October. Some of the vegetables we carve, but do not eat, included pumpkins, other types of squash, turnips, radishes, onions and carrots. We carve faces onto the pumpkins and squashes and hollow out the insides so that we can place candles, will o’the wisp, will o’ the embers, kunzite and other types of lights and glowing things. We stack and carve the squash into various shapes both historical and fantastical. We also carve radishes and onions into rosettes and other flower shapes -- again used mostly for decoration although we do eat these items sometimes.” Said Bones.

Zorro pipes up with, “We also have a ‘Transformation Feast’ where we serve entremets also called subtleties. These are elaborate entertainment dishes that combine carved, molded and otherwise manipulated food, magic, engineering and storytelling. It is a real work of art.”

The Aether slowly blinked, “Huh?”

“Bones says, “ It is a clan-wide competition to make a dish, usually a dessert as elaborate as possible. For example we had a castle made of cake and crispy treats on which they added modeling chocolate and marzipan (made from nuts) and used poured sugar to make sugar glass windows. They used engineering to make a working drawbridge that opened to a fountain of lemonade spilling into the moat. It had working catapults that shot all kinds of chocolate covered and sugared fruits in the shape of stones and arrows (but not pointy) into the audience’s mouths. There were flying dragons made of edible paper that flew around its ramparts - obviously that was magic. It was really pretty. It only tasted okay if you like sweets.”

The aether looked at them again with a slow blink. Having evidently made up its mind it said, “Okay, I will put you down as “yes pumpkins and turnips which we carve and put lights into and sometimes other stuff we don’t want to really eat.”

Bones and Zorro’s mouth dropped open at the aether’s comment. Then they just shrugged and went into the competition tent to see what the semi-finalists had made.

earthshaker.png
[quote=daily challenge] Harpies have an interesting relationship with vegetables. Except for the odd meal or dish that requires it, they typically leave them to use as incredibly ornate garnishes, that are then NOT to be actually eaten. This prompt is a bit of a two parter, as I’m interested in what vegetable/root/fruit your dragon attempts to carve, and what sort of look they’re going for (whether it actually ends up looking like it or not). [/quote] Skidatel, Yuch, and Casban show up to the knifework skills area with different goals. Casban is carving up some fruit into various shapes. She's planning to duck over to one of the unused cooking stations and use the fruit in some chocolate. Yuch is just trying to carve a potato into the shape of a mushroom for a joke. And Skidatel is carving a sour green apple into a pinecone shape to stuff with toasted honeybees and hummingbird bits later.
daily challenge wrote:

Skidatel, Yuch, and Casban show up to the knifework skills area with different goals.

Casban is carving up some fruit into various shapes. She's planning to duck over to one of the unused cooking stations and use the fruit in some chocolate.

Yuch is just trying to carve a potato into the shape of a mushroom for a joke.

And Skidatel is carving a sour green apple into a pinecone shape to stuff with toasted honeybees and hummingbird bits later.

1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24 25