Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ23] Mistral Meals - Closed
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84537589][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/845376/84537589_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Dandelion was just excited to be here - though she'd traveled a lot with her moms as a hatchling, she hadn't been away from the Viridian Labyrinth ever since settling down in the Snapping Swamp. The Windswept Plateau was always a favorite of hers; all of the rolling plains were home to a myriad of weeds, grasses, and sprouts that were delicious if you knew what to do with them! She brought along plenty of dried and prepared wild herbs, but lots of native edibles were only good fresh - so, she prowled around the contest grounds for a bit, nose to the ground as [url=https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/422650312445263872/1087168351379398856/image.png]she scented for goodies[/url]. She gasped in excitement as she spotted a large, sprouted amaranth, actually diving beneath the feet of a large Imperial to shield the plant from getting stomped on. She didn't have to look much farther for more greenery - a huge patch of chickweed was growing all around the registration desk. She got some odd looks as she plucked a swath of it, but she didn't seem to notice. Happy with her plant haul, she returned to her station, carefully cleaning off the plants and getting all of her ingredients prepared. [center][item=greenstripe amaranth] [item=stinglash] [item=black tulip] [item=clown shrimp] [item=chickweed][/center] Dandelion separated the amaranth leaves from the seeds, the latter of which she carefully ground with her mortar and pestle into a fine flour. She then stripped the petals off of the tulips to set to the side. She added water to the amaranth flour and mixed until it was properly doughy, then stirred in the black tulip petals, some salt, and a sprinkling of baking powder. As soon as that was in the oven, she cleaned and de-tailed the clown shrimp, seasoned it quickly, and set it on the grill to cook. While it was cooking, she prepared a salad of chickweed, romaine lettuce, the tulip and amaranth greens, and some shredded carrots; the shrimp, carefully sliced, were added to the salad once they finished. The salad was topped with a simple berry-and-centipede vinaigrette, and paired with the amaranth bread once that was finished cooking. Since the contest hadn't yet started, she offered the food to whoever would take it, happy to share with dragons and Beastclan alike! [rule] [center][item=harpy artisan][/center] My favorite harpy familiar is the Harpy Artisan - he just looks so happy and focused on his art! I don't have any in-lore Beastclans yet, but I'm definitely hoping to include them somehow once I finish my lore revamp. The retconned official Beastclan lore is such a breath of fresh air.
84537589_350.png

Dandelion was just excited to be here - though she'd traveled a lot with her moms as a hatchling, she hadn't been away from the Viridian Labyrinth ever since settling down in the Snapping Swamp. The Windswept Plateau was always a favorite of hers; all of the rolling plains were home to a myriad of weeds, grasses, and sprouts that were delicious if you knew what to do with them!

She brought along plenty of dried and prepared wild herbs, but lots of native edibles were only good fresh - so, she prowled around the contest grounds for a bit, nose to the ground as she scented for goodies.

She gasped in excitement as she spotted a large, sprouted amaranth, actually diving beneath the feet of a large Imperial to shield the plant from getting stomped on. She didn't have to look much farther for more greenery - a huge patch of chickweed was growing all around the registration desk. She got some odd looks as she plucked a swath of it, but she didn't seem to notice.

Happy with her plant haul, she returned to her station, carefully cleaning off the plants and getting all of her ingredients prepared.
Greenstripe Amaranth Stinglash Black Tulip Clown Shrimp Chickweed

Dandelion separated the amaranth leaves from the seeds, the latter of which she carefully ground with her mortar and pestle into a fine flour. She then stripped the petals off of the tulips to set to the side. She added water to the amaranth flour and mixed until it was properly doughy, then stirred in the black tulip petals, some salt, and a sprinkling of baking powder.

As soon as that was in the oven, she cleaned and de-tailed the clown shrimp, seasoned it quickly, and set it on the grill to cook. While it was cooking, she prepared a salad of chickweed, romaine lettuce, the tulip and amaranth greens, and some shredded carrots; the shrimp, carefully sliced, were added to the salad once they finished. The salad was topped with a simple berry-and-centipede vinaigrette, and paired with the amaranth bread once that was finished cooking.

Since the contest hadn't yet started, she offered the food to whoever would take it, happy to share with dragons and Beastclan alike!

Harpy Artisan

My favorite harpy familiar is the Harpy Artisan - he just looks so happy and focused on his art! I don't have any in-lore Beastclans yet, but I'm definitely hoping to include them somehow once I finish my lore revamp. The retconned official Beastclan lore is such a breath of fresh air.
PSojku2.gifG9XvqXb.gifbWUZhOx.gif4IOVVSW.gifSGoOc5w.gif
[quote=Day Pre Jamboree]Since this "daily" activity (that will be posted for a week) is just for fun and not towards raffle tickets, let's keep things simple: What's your favorite out of the harpy familiars on this site? Do they have a particular role in your clan, or do you just find them cool looking?[/quote] [center]The only harpies that currently reside within the heartwood are Artisan, Painter, and the two Millers . However, my favorite harpy looks-wise is the Condorwing Champion. They're just so pretty! [item=Condorwing Champion][/center]
Day Pre Jamboree wrote:
Since this "daily" activity (that will be posted for a week) is just for fun and not towards raffle tickets, let's keep things simple: What's your favorite out of the harpy familiars on this site? Do they have a particular role in your clan, or do you just find them cool looking?
The only harpies that currently reside within the heartwood are Artisan, Painter, and the two Millers . However, my favorite harpy looks-wise is the Condorwing Champion. They're just so pretty!
Condorwing Champion
mvO7hvU.png 5kRkxhJ.png
5hF3FGk.png
kCHWEjf.png
Arith
FR+0
She/her
[quote][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70169796][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/701698/70169796_350.png[/img][/url] Fen hums in thought... "Well, there is one soluton to a bunch of leftover ingredients of good quality! Such a high protein, low carb selection too, how curious!" The veilspun takes out the entrails from the scavenged roadkill gecko and the shrimp, twisting his knife lichtly to remove the stinger from the stinglash. The he proceeds to washing it in a nearby stream. After some rock hauling branch-gathering and rock-slamming, he starts a small fire in the middle of a sturdy circle of stones and perches the wok on top. A spash of oil later, he sniffs the air for that tell-tale smell and drops in the gecko in there with, careful of the splashing and observing the slowly cooling oil. he waits for the right time... After about two minutes per side, he slides the stinglash and shrimp in with some chopped chili, garlic, onion and paprika powder, then drops the tulip in the pan after another two minutes of cooking, together with a splash of water. He finishes it off with some soy sauce. "Here you go!"[/quote] [quote]Day Pre Jamboree Oh, yes, the Harpy Artisan! I absolutely love the colors and of the scarf and feathers: Combined with the expression and way of 'stabbing the paper with the pen' this harpy reminds me so much of one of my close friends who is now studying archaeology![/quote]
Quote:
70169796_350.png

Fen hums in thought...

"Well, there is one soluton to a bunch of leftover ingredients of good quality! Such a high protein, low carb selection too, how curious!"

The veilspun takes out the entrails from the scavenged roadkill gecko and the shrimp, twisting his knife lichtly to remove the stinger from the stinglash. The he proceeds to washing it in a nearby stream. After some rock hauling branch-gathering and rock-slamming, he starts a small fire in the middle of a sturdy circle of stones and perches the wok on top. A spash of oil later, he sniffs the air for that tell-tale smell and drops in the gecko in there with, careful of the splashing and observing the slowly cooling oil. he waits for the right time... After about two minutes per side, he slides the stinglash and shrimp in with some chopped chili, garlic, onion and paprika powder, then drops the tulip in the pan after another two minutes of cooking, together with a splash of water. He finishes it off with some soy sauce.

"Here you go!"
Quote:
Day Pre Jamboree
Oh, yes, the Harpy Artisan! I absolutely love the colors and of the scarf and feathers:
Combined with the expression and way of 'stabbing the paper with the pen' this harpy reminds me so much of one of my close friends who is now studying archaeology!
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[quote=Round Pre Jamboree] There really isn't a theme to this one...just a bunch of excess ingredients we have at our disposal. Take a crack at it and feel free to share with our dedicated volunteers as we wrap things up! (Note: While your dragons are free to try this challenge for some pre-jamboree flavor rping, it is not mandatory!) Use at least [b]THREE[/b] of the following ingredients in your entry: [center] [item=stinglash][item=cave gecko][item=clown shrimp][item=black tulip] Stinglash / Cave Gecko / Clown Shrimp / Black Tulip [/center] [/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82931674][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/829317/82931674_350.png[/img][/url] Although Athena was not the team leader, she was the first to arrive as the others had families to lug around with them. She was a bit surprised that the kitchens were already open, she had expected to have to book a hotel or rough it camping until the competition started. She looked at the ingredients that had been set out for practice and evaluated them for a few moments before selecting [b]Stinglash[/b], [b]Cave Gecko[/b], and [b]Black Tulip[/b]. She also grabbed some Alstroemeria, Puckerberries, Water Lettuce, Jungle Pith bark, and Granny Smith Apples from the pantry. She started with the Stinglash, wrapping it in Jungle Pith bark and setting it up to grill while she skinned the Cave Gecko and sorted out the inedible parts. She then grabbed some oil to prime a pan and began to sear the gecko meat. Once both of those were done, she cut them up and mixed them with the Water Lettuce and Puckerberries. Next, she ground up the Black Tulip and boiled it with a little water to make a thin sauce that she drizzled over the salad. As a side to go with the dish, Athena mashed and blended the Granny Smith Apples into an apple sauce and topped it with Alstroemeria petals. [i]This dish was inspired by chicken cranberry salads and the side/dessert just sounded fun![/i] [center][item=Stinglash][item=Cave Gecko][item=Black Tulip] [item=Alstroemeria][item=Puckerberries][item=Water Lettuce][item=Jungle Pith][item=Granny Smith Apple][/center]
Round Pre Jamboree wrote:

There really isn't a theme to this one...just a bunch of excess ingredients we have at our disposal. Take a crack at it and feel free to share with our dedicated volunteers as we wrap things up!

(Note: While your dragons are free to try this challenge for some pre-jamboree flavor rping, it is not mandatory!)

Use at least THREE of the following ingredients in your entry:
Stinglash Cave Gecko Clown Shrimp Black Tulip
Stinglash / Cave Gecko / Clown Shrimp / Black Tulip

82931674_350.png

Although Athena was not the team leader, she was the first to arrive as the others had families to lug around with them. She was a bit surprised that the kitchens were already open, she had expected to have to book a hotel or rough it camping until the competition started.

She looked at the ingredients that had been set out for practice and evaluated them for a few moments before selecting Stinglash, Cave Gecko, and Black Tulip. She also grabbed some Alstroemeria, Puckerberries, Water Lettuce, Jungle Pith bark, and Granny Smith Apples from the pantry.

She started with the Stinglash, wrapping it in Jungle Pith bark and setting it up to grill while she skinned the Cave Gecko and sorted out the inedible parts. She then grabbed some oil to prime a pan and began to sear the gecko meat. Once both of those were done, she cut them up and mixed them with the Water Lettuce and Puckerberries. Next, she ground up the Black Tulip and boiled it with a little water to make a thin sauce that she drizzled over the salad.

As a side to go with the dish, Athena mashed and blended the Granny Smith Apples into an apple sauce and topped it with Alstroemeria petals.

This dish was inspired by chicken cranberry salads and the side/dessert just sounded fun!
Stinglash Cave Gecko Black Tulip
Alstroemeria Puckerberries Water Lettuce Jungle Pith Granny Smith Apple
mvO7hvU.png 5kRkxhJ.png
5hF3FGk.png
kCHWEjf.png
Arith
FR+0
She/her
Day Pre Jamboree: I like the Stormcloud Miller, so colourful, I think she's been putting those pigments to good use! [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/48121.png[/img][/center]
Day Pre Jamboree: I like the Stormcloud Miller, so colourful, I think she's been putting those pigments to good use!
48121.png

tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.pngm2YbpzO.pngXx3ZGyj.png
Just as a heads up I will likely not be able to update the participant list until tomorrow night, so don't worry if it takes a while for your name to show up. The rest of the week should have more regular updates.
Just as a heads up I will likely not be able to update the participant list until tomorrow night, so don't worry if it takes a while for your name to show up. The rest of the week should have more regular updates.
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
Annnd back to the regular updates!
Annnd back to the regular updates!
[quote=Round Pre Jamboree] There really isn't a theme to this one...just a bunch of excess ingredients we have at our disposal. Take a crack at it and feel free to share with our dedicated volunteers as we wrap things up! (Note: While your dragons are free to try this challenge for some pre-jamboree flavor rping, it is not mandatory!) Use at least THREE of the following ingredients in your entry: Stinglash / Cave Gecko / Clown Shrimp / Black Tulip[/quote] Skidatel glanced over the ingredients, thinking. Hmm. Angmar was nervously glancing between the four baskets, while Yuch stared off at some of the kitchen supplies. Specifically the firewoods for the smokers. Skidatel had a feeling he'd want to use smoked ingredients at least once. Since this was an unofficial practice round, the time limit was noticably longer. Maybe her team could make several things. Yuch had apparently had the same idea, because one head was staring towards the ingredient tent and the other was mumbling about desserts. After some discussion, the team decided they'd go with Skidatel's idea of making several things. Yuch got to do a dessert, while Angmar and Skidatel worked on an appetizer and a main. Angmar started cleaning, deboning and mincing geckos, while Skidatel got started on de-stinging some stinglashes and Yuch started work on the black tulip cake. Skidatel de-stinged and cleaned her stinglashes, then began preparing a batter. While she was getting the ingredients for that, she also levitated over some ingredients to Angmar - his little gecko puff pastries also needed flour and some seasonings like potato onion - and also got Yuch an egg. Her breading wasn't plain breading, but rather breadcrumbs prepared using a Lightning machine. Angmar minced his vegetables (potato onion, actual potato, and a few flavourful herbs), mixed them with the gecko, and added the spices and seasonings, before switching to making the pastry dough. Yuch had tulips in a blender with cream, being boiled on the stove, and getting candied at the same time; he planned to put the blended tulip filling in between cake layers, the tulip extract into the cake batter, and the candied tulips on top. Skidatel battered her stinglashes and prepared the deep-fryer. She also washed some rice, putting it in the rice cooker with a tiny bit of oil and vinegar mixed in, and worked on a simple sauce made with a bit of golden pepper and sugar. Yuch's two-layer tulip cake went in the oven, and he began preparing the icing; Skidatel started chopping vegetables (carrots, green shoots, treasure plant, and cabbage); and Angmar started making and filling the pastries for his gecko curry puffs. After a little discussion, Skidatel put her stinglashes and Angmar put his curry puffs into the deep fryer. By the time those were ready, Yuch had finished his icing and taken his cake out to cool a little. A bit of icing and plating later, the team was ready to present their three-part dish: gecko curry puffs as appetizer; stinglash katsu with sticky rice, coleslaw, and a spicy-sweet sauce as main; and a slice of tulip cake as dessert. ((wow the words did not want to cooperate for this one))
Round Pre Jamboree wrote:

There really isn't a theme to this one...just a bunch of excess ingredients we have at our disposal. Take a crack at it and feel free to share with our dedicated volunteers as we wrap things up!

(Note: While your dragons are free to try this challenge for some pre-jamboree flavor rping, it is not mandatory!)

Use at least THREE of the following ingredients in your entry:

Stinglash / Cave Gecko / Clown Shrimp / Black Tulip

Skidatel glanced over the ingredients, thinking. Hmm. Angmar was nervously glancing between the four baskets, while Yuch stared off at some of the kitchen supplies.

Specifically the firewoods for the smokers. Skidatel had a feeling he'd want to use smoked ingredients at least once.

Since this was an unofficial practice round, the time limit was noticably longer. Maybe her team could make several things.

Yuch had apparently had the same idea, because one head was staring towards the ingredient tent and the other was mumbling about desserts.

After some discussion, the team decided they'd go with Skidatel's idea of making several things. Yuch got to do a dessert, while Angmar and Skidatel worked on an appetizer and a main.

Angmar started cleaning, deboning and mincing geckos, while Skidatel got started on de-stinging some stinglashes and Yuch started work on the black tulip cake.

Skidatel de-stinged and cleaned her stinglashes, then began preparing a batter. While she was getting the ingredients for that, she also levitated over some ingredients to Angmar - his little gecko puff pastries also needed flour and some seasonings like potato onion - and also got Yuch an egg.

Her breading wasn't plain breading, but rather breadcrumbs prepared using a Lightning machine.

Angmar minced his vegetables (potato onion, actual potato, and a few flavourful herbs), mixed them with the gecko, and added the spices and seasonings, before switching to making the pastry dough.

Yuch had tulips in a blender with cream, being boiled on the stove, and getting candied at the same time; he planned to put the blended tulip filling in between cake layers, the tulip extract into the cake batter, and the candied tulips on top.

Skidatel battered her stinglashes and prepared the deep-fryer. She also washed some rice, putting it in the rice cooker with a tiny bit of oil and vinegar mixed in, and worked on a simple sauce made with a bit of golden pepper and sugar.

Yuch's two-layer tulip cake went in the oven, and he began preparing the icing; Skidatel started chopping vegetables (carrots, green shoots, treasure plant, and cabbage); and Angmar started making and filling the pastries for his gecko curry puffs.

After a little discussion, Skidatel put her stinglashes and Angmar put his curry puffs into the deep fryer.

By the time those were ready, Yuch had finished his icing and taken his cake out to cool a little. A bit of icing and plating later, the team was ready to present their three-part dish: gecko curry puffs as appetizer; stinglash katsu with sticky rice, coleslaw, and a spicy-sweet sauce as main; and a slice of tulip cake as dessert.

((wow the words did not want to cooperate for this one))
@Eialyne It looks like Dandelion is no longer on the contestants' list? :o Her entry was there before but seems to have been erased somehow.
@Eialyne It looks like Dandelion is no longer on the contestants' list? :o Her entry was there before but seems to have been erased somehow.
PSojku2.gifG9XvqXb.gifbWUZhOx.gif4IOVVSW.gifSGoOc5w.gif
@xenonentity

Thanks for letting me know!! I may have lost track when duplicating formatting code and wrote over her entry by accident. Which also means there's another user missing as well, so I'll get you both added back on tonight.
@xenonentity

Thanks for letting me know!! I may have lost track when duplicating formatting code and wrote over her entry by accident. Which also means there's another user missing as well, so I'll get you both added back on tonight.