Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalted dragons in your lore?
1 2
they either die or go to space were they wish they were dead
they either die or go to space were they wish they were dead
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
they're MOTHERBOARD's failed and scrapped robots heheee. i havent written out any lore yet but still
they're MOTHERBOARD's failed and scrapped robots heheee. i havent written out any lore yet but still
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
I refer you to this dragon's Bio... [s]She ends them[/s] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/39669910][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/396700/39669910_350.png[/img][/url]
I refer you to this dragon's Bio... She ends them

39669910_350.png

tastefulmarketing.gif
Depends on the flight!

-The standard thing is that exalted dragons end up either working for the deity or tending to their shrines and guarding fragments of the Pillar. Most of the time, it's only skilled dragons that get to do this. Regular dragons mostly just serve as a sort of police force that patrols the flight's borders and takes out serious threats, though they won't intervene in conflicts between rival clans or fight minor threats. That's the responsibility of the clans to sort out.

-However, there is a ritual that can yoink a dragon's magical energy and transfer it to something else. Not many know about this though. Back when war between flights was more common, any captured dragons or volunteers would actually sacrifice themselves to a deity in this way. These days, it's illegal (though, there are rumours that the deities don't care, it gives them an advantage after all) but there are occasionally whispers about a large number of dragons going missing, or an odd magical explosion.

-Flights with the exalt force/shrine tenders mostly are Wind, Light, Earth, Fire and Arcane.

-Flights where you're most likely to find the ritual (though, it's present in all flights) are Nature, Plague, Shadow and Lightning. It never used to be much of a problem in Water, but with the Tidelord gone, some clans think that if they sacrifice enough dragons, he'll return.

-Finally, the ritual doesn't have to be magic directed to a deity. It can be used as a strong magical attack (like how the Gaolers nearly extinct'd the Banescale) or....some dragons will take the magic themselves. And risk exploding due to being overcharged, but sometimes, there's dragons that might as well be minor deities, and some clans end up sacrificing dragons to them.
Depends on the flight!

-The standard thing is that exalted dragons end up either working for the deity or tending to their shrines and guarding fragments of the Pillar. Most of the time, it's only skilled dragons that get to do this. Regular dragons mostly just serve as a sort of police force that patrols the flight's borders and takes out serious threats, though they won't intervene in conflicts between rival clans or fight minor threats. That's the responsibility of the clans to sort out.

-However, there is a ritual that can yoink a dragon's magical energy and transfer it to something else. Not many know about this though. Back when war between flights was more common, any captured dragons or volunteers would actually sacrifice themselves to a deity in this way. These days, it's illegal (though, there are rumours that the deities don't care, it gives them an advantage after all) but there are occasionally whispers about a large number of dragons going missing, or an odd magical explosion.

-Flights with the exalt force/shrine tenders mostly are Wind, Light, Earth, Fire and Arcane.

-Flights where you're most likely to find the ritual (though, it's present in all flights) are Nature, Plague, Shadow and Lightning. It never used to be much of a problem in Water, but with the Tidelord gone, some clans think that if they sacrifice enough dragons, he'll return.

-Finally, the ritual doesn't have to be magic directed to a deity. It can be used as a strong magical attack (like how the Gaolers nearly extinct'd the Banescale) or....some dragons will take the magic themselves. And risk exploding due to being overcharged, but sometimes, there's dragons that might as well be minor deities, and some clans end up sacrificing dragons to them.
2LHRMay.png
Since I am doing a playthrough, the dragons I generally exalt are dead in canon. I do believe there are other ways of exaltation, however.

1. They have left their Clan to support their patron deity, like in canon.
2. They died through some means and are no longer a part of this world.

I haven't thought about it too much, but I only exalted my old dragons except my Progenitors (who aren't a part of lore right now) and the dragons that failed their death roll in my playthrough Chimera.

I think there are other ways dragons can become exalted, but as for my dragons, they've kicked the bucket.
Since I am doing a playthrough, the dragons I generally exalt are dead in canon. I do believe there are other ways of exaltation, however.

1. They have left their Clan to support their patron deity, like in canon.
2. They died through some means and are no longer a part of this world.

I haven't thought about it too much, but I only exalted my old dragons except my Progenitors (who aren't a part of lore right now) and the dragons that failed their death roll in my playthrough Chimera.

I think there are other ways dragons can become exalted, but as for my dragons, they've kicked the bucket.
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
In my lore, once a dragon reaches maturity they leave their clan to complete what I call the Tempest Trial. Depending on how they do in the Trial, they either accept an assignment based on the results or return to their clan.

Metawise, exalted dragons are the ones who accept the assignments elsewhere. This only applies to dragons hatched and raised in the clan; fodder I buy and train aren't considered part of my lore since they are never in my lore clan's tab for longer than a few minutes.
In my lore, once a dragon reaches maturity they leave their clan to complete what I call the Tempest Trial. Depending on how they do in the Trial, they either accept an assignment based on the results or return to their clan.

Metawise, exalted dragons are the ones who accept the assignments elsewhere. This only applies to dragons hatched and raised in the clan; fodder I buy and train aren't considered part of my lore since they are never in my lore clan's tab for longer than a few minutes.
66946966.png

v2PJF9u.png
WkCEhwX.png
LRdLP2V.png

Gene Wishlist
Apparel Wishlist

@Aeraetreae i LOVE her omg
ZwMTIV6.png
+3 fr time. please ping if responding. pfp dragon
@ravenzone Thank you! [emoji=pearlcatcher love size=2]
@ravenzone

Thank you!
tastefulmarketing.gif
they get sent to the wrymwound

become soup
they get sent to the wrymwound

become soup
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
I go full canon here where they just go serve the deity. The deity in this case being the Windsinger, so I guess they've joined the greatest sightseeing trip in all of Sornieth.
I go full canon here where they just go serve the deity. The deity in this case being the Windsinger, so I guess they've joined the greatest sightseeing trip in all of Sornieth.
Come visit my lore lair! It's a fun time here.

Something strange is happening on Sornieth. All across the world, dragons have begun to be born with multiple elements. How? Why? As dragons all across Sornieth takes notice, the wheel of fate begins to turn, as one fae's search for her mysterious origins leads her down a path that could change Sornieth forever.
1 2