Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | where do you write
1 2
Where do you guys write? Like what app/website, do you have a certain real life location you do it in, etc.? Heck, do you do it on laptop or phone or some other device? I'm trying to get back into writing and I'm wondering if switching things up would help make it feel less tense (help to shut up perfectionist brain I mean) the whole time.
Where do you guys write? Like what app/website, do you have a certain real life location you do it in, etc.? Heck, do you do it on laptop or phone or some other device? I'm trying to get back into writing and I'm wondering if switching things up would help make it feel less tense (help to shut up perfectionist brain I mean) the whole time.
fkWjutW.png
R1dejfm.png
zUgIegC.png
bYt72YT.png
q9EEy5M.png
U0bFCPN.png
1RuFjQ2.pngEGzfMVW.png
ooBdJIk.png
@MoonFlames mostly, I tend to write in google docs, though I do prefer to write dragon lore in their bios. sometimes I write in the notes app too, but that’s only for my kingdomlocke aha-

I usually write if my mood strikes for it, although I definitely prefer writing at my desk over anywhere else.

try whatever you think can make you comfortable! there’s a difference between typing at a desk vs typing at a couch (or something similar; that’s just my experience haha). if you do feel tense, I suggest taking small breaks inbetween!
@MoonFlames mostly, I tend to write in google docs, though I do prefer to write dragon lore in their bios. sometimes I write in the notes app too, but that’s only for my kingdomlocke aha-

I usually write if my mood strikes for it, although I definitely prefer writing at my desk over anywhere else.

try whatever you think can make you comfortable! there’s a difference between typing at a desk vs typing at a couch (or something similar; that’s just my experience haha). if you do feel tense, I suggest taking small breaks inbetween!
Pi0AvSi.png ==

it’s imginate without an a!
TO5f5vS.png
JHqnR5C.png
YMPbu9R.png

===

~ WISHLIST | FAQ
~ WRITING SHOP | ART SHOP
~ CLAN LORE
~ BIO RESOURCES
~ BALDWIN RENTING
~ KINGDOMLOCKE

===
===
G5TXkiW.png
@imginate huh, it feels obvious now that I think about it but I've never thought about breaking inbetween, I'll definitely see if I can try that! Finding something/somewhere comfortable might take a bit of experimentation (let's just say my house is very occupied,) but nothing wrong with that. (Also insert some words here that my brain isn't giving me. The response is appreciated :'D) Thank you for your help!
@imginate huh, it feels obvious now that I think about it but I've never thought about breaking inbetween, I'll definitely see if I can try that! Finding something/somewhere comfortable might take a bit of experimentation (let's just say my house is very occupied,) but nothing wrong with that. (Also insert some words here that my brain isn't giving me. The response is appreciated :'D) Thank you for your help!
fkWjutW.png
R1dejfm.png
zUgIegC.png
bYt72YT.png
q9EEy5M.png
U0bFCPN.png
1RuFjQ2.pngEGzfMVW.png
ooBdJIk.png
Personally I only use my google drive for writing story-type things. I write the bio's and headcanon directly on this website, helps me keep an overview of the layout. I tend to read fanfiction on AO3, but hardly post anything there. ^^
Personally I only use my google drive for writing story-type things. I write the bio's and headcanon directly on this website, helps me keep an overview of the layout. I tend to read fanfiction on AO3, but hardly post anything there. ^^
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I write primarily in Microsoft Word but sometimes I use Google Drive or one of the five bajillion notebooks I have scattered around me. I write almost exclusively in my bedroom, either in bed or at my desk, though I like to carry notebooks with me when I leave the house in case inspiration strikes. Even scribbling for five minutes is progress!

As for perfectionism, I can relate. I haven't tried it myself yet but I've heard that switching the font to Comic Sans while writing helps some people override the perfectionist brain. You could also try a word sprint, which is when you set a timer and try to write as many words as you can before time is up. Word sprints have gotten me through a lot of tough writing days.
I write primarily in Microsoft Word but sometimes I use Google Drive or one of the five bajillion notebooks I have scattered around me. I write almost exclusively in my bedroom, either in bed or at my desk, though I like to carry notebooks with me when I leave the house in case inspiration strikes. Even scribbling for five minutes is progress!

As for perfectionism, I can relate. I haven't tried it myself yet but I've heard that switching the font to Comic Sans while writing helps some people override the perfectionist brain. You could also try a word sprint, which is when you set a timer and try to write as many words as you can before time is up. Word sprints have gotten me through a lot of tough writing days.
im not proud of it, and it's an absolute pain to use, but the Samsung Notes app
im not proud of it, and it's an absolute pain to use, but the Samsung Notes app
a simple gif of a courier dragon flying facing to the right. It is a completely black silhouette with black particles around it One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
Ohhhhhhh man. I write on Tumblr, Google Docs, AO3, Wattpad, whatever notebook I may have on hand, and occasionally in the notes on my phone. In fact, just recently I started a blog on Tumblr entirety dedicated to the lore of my clan!

As for where I write, I find it best for me to sit down at the kitchen table (when I'm on my laptop), or sitting on the couch or in one of the recliners in my living room! When I'm on my phone I prefer somewhere comfy, but when I use my laptop (which is getting rarer and rarer, because I find writing on my phone is easier on my poor fingers) I prefer the stability and firmness of the kitchen table and chairs.
Ohhhhhhh man. I write on Tumblr, Google Docs, AO3, Wattpad, whatever notebook I may have on hand, and occasionally in the notes on my phone. In fact, just recently I started a blog on Tumblr entirety dedicated to the lore of my clan!

As for where I write, I find it best for me to sit down at the kitchen table (when I'm on my laptop), or sitting on the couch or in one of the recliners in my living room! When I'm on my phone I prefer somewhere comfy, but when I use my laptop (which is getting rarer and rarer, because I find writing on my phone is easier on my poor fingers) I prefer the stability and firmness of the kitchen table and chairs.
P9aWhak.png
kvgMwbs.pngKMANeBa.png
I know this thread is a little older, sorry if bringing it back up is a problem, but I thought I'd give some input!
So I use a variety of programs and devices. Handwriting is my preferred for brainstorming, but I also use my notes app (samsung).
When just doing little exercises/promtps for fun, I usually use google docs. Phone, computer, ipad.

But my favourite program is Scrivener. if you ever decide to get serious about writing (like I am) or just want something to store all of your ideas/works, I highly recommend. I'm a perfectionist too, and I need help organizing my thoughts constantly. Honestly, I can't hype it up enough. It completely changed how I write. I will *never* go back to microsoft word, and all other programs seem lacking too.
At first it may look a little daunting because of all the features and options, but it's actually really easy once you go through the tutorial. It's available for max+windows, and you can also get it on ipad/iphone for a mobile version.
It's not free, but I believe there is a free trial and you can always look around for discount codes and such. It's not a subcription though; one time purchase, free updates. Literally life changing!
I know this thread is a little older, sorry if bringing it back up is a problem, but I thought I'd give some input!
So I use a variety of programs and devices. Handwriting is my preferred for brainstorming, but I also use my notes app (samsung).
When just doing little exercises/promtps for fun, I usually use google docs. Phone, computer, ipad.

But my favourite program is Scrivener. if you ever decide to get serious about writing (like I am) or just want something to store all of your ideas/works, I highly recommend. I'm a perfectionist too, and I need help organizing my thoughts constantly. Honestly, I can't hype it up enough. It completely changed how I write. I will *never* go back to microsoft word, and all other programs seem lacking too.
At first it may look a little daunting because of all the features and options, but it's actually really easy once you go through the tutorial. It's available for max+windows, and you can also get it on ipad/iphone for a mobile version.
It's not free, but I believe there is a free trial and you can always look around for discount codes and such. It's not a subcription though; one time purchase, free updates. Literally life changing!
JQCpKiY.gifGwrjw2w.gifm9M7SGy.gif 3TYmQaU.png u28tsOa.gifNkoiOuv.gif0Srkgnv.gif
Oh boy, my neurodivergent perfectionist self finds it nearly impossible to write on a computer/phone (partly because my shame in 5th grade prevented me from ever learning to type properly but that's besides the point) so I find I'm only able to properly brainstorm on paper. I've even gotten myself a corkboard so I can do the whole overzealous idea-connecting. Sometimes when I get little snippets of ideas I'll write them down in the notes app of my phone, though. I think I perceive digital writing as Official and Stiff and Final, so I get scared off of it.

I think the real trick for writing, in my case, is to make myself think that I'm not really writing, I'm just brainstorming, or planning, or writing a scene and then making fun of myself for the wording. Consequence blindness! I've filled up nearly a whole notebook this way. I still don't have a coherent story out of it, but I've done a lot of worldbuilding, so I suppose I've gotten something out of it.

tl;dr: I write on paper and trick myself out of thinking I'm writing "properly" so that reduces the fear somewhat
Oh boy, my neurodivergent perfectionist self finds it nearly impossible to write on a computer/phone (partly because my shame in 5th grade prevented me from ever learning to type properly but that's besides the point) so I find I'm only able to properly brainstorm on paper. I've even gotten myself a corkboard so I can do the whole overzealous idea-connecting. Sometimes when I get little snippets of ideas I'll write them down in the notes app of my phone, though. I think I perceive digital writing as Official and Stiff and Final, so I get scared off of it.

I think the real trick for writing, in my case, is to make myself think that I'm not really writing, I'm just brainstorming, or planning, or writing a scene and then making fun of myself for the wording. Consequence blindness! I've filled up nearly a whole notebook this way. I still don't have a coherent story out of it, but I've done a lot of worldbuilding, so I suppose I've gotten something out of it.

tl;dr: I write on paper and trick myself out of thinking I'm writing "properly" so that reduces the fear somewhat
chrysanthe-sig-left.pngart shop (link)art thread (link)
My writing used to be on paper, but now it's on my iPad. I don't post my stories online, though, for multiple reasons (mainly some potential triggers, NSFW content, and I just don't like people seeing my work unless I truly trust them; if it helps, even my closest online friends haven't seen my major writing, lol, and I love them).
My writing used to be on paper, but now it's on my iPad. I don't post my stories online, though, for multiple reasons (mainly some potential triggers, NSFW content, and I just don't like people seeing my work unless I truly trust them; if it helps, even my closest online friends haven't seen my major writing, lol, and I love them).
1 2