Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Baldwin's Bubbling Brew
It would be amazing to have the option to brew multiple quantities of the same item. Especially when you have multiple quantities of multiple items to brew. It feels like it takes forever to deplete the amount of that one item.

I know that the brewing results are at random (regarding color), but what about having the option to get results in bulk? For example, if I were to brew 5 Broken Clay Pots, the result could end up with 3 Green Sludge tubes, and 2 Yellow Sludge tubes. Or if I'm lucky 1 Green Sludge tube, 2 Yellow Sludge tubes, 1 Red, and 1 Blue.
It would be amazing to have the option to brew multiple quantities of the same item. Especially when you have multiple quantities of multiple items to brew. It feels like it takes forever to deplete the amount of that one item.

I know that the brewing results are at random (regarding color), but what about having the option to get results in bulk? For example, if I were to brew 5 Broken Clay Pots, the result could end up with 3 Green Sludge tubes, and 2 Yellow Sludge tubes. Or if I'm lucky 1 Green Sludge tube, 2 Yellow Sludge tubes, 1 Red, and 1 Blue.
Personally I'd prefer more cauldrons as queuing would not encourage checking in frequently as you could set it and forget it. If queuing was added, I think:
  • It should be multiples of the same item rather than several different items
  • The time to should be the same time (or slightly longer) than it would have been to melt them down individually (so five items should be at least two hours and thirty minutes)
  • There should probably be a limit to the number of items brewed. At absolute most 30 items or fifteen hours... although personally think about half that would be best.
  • The experience gained for brewing should be reduced in exchange of the convenience of being able to queue and/or you have to pay to queue items. Personally I'd prefer both. Lore wise it makes sense your experience wouldn't be as much as you aren't there learning and it really wouldn't affect leveling up as its crafting items that generally give you the most experience. The convenience fee should be per item, perhaps 500 T and could be explained as paying Baldwin or one of his apprentices to tend the brew in your stead.
  • You have to finish the queue and collect the materials before you add anything else; no topping off the brew. You also can't cancel the queue mid-brew.
Personally I'd prefer more cauldrons as queuing would not encourage checking in frequently as you could set it and forget it. If queuing was added, I think:
  • It should be multiples of the same item rather than several different items
  • The time to should be the same time (or slightly longer) than it would have been to melt them down individually (so five items should be at least two hours and thirty minutes)
  • There should probably be a limit to the number of items brewed. At absolute most 30 items or fifteen hours... although personally think about half that would be best.
  • The experience gained for brewing should be reduced in exchange of the convenience of being able to queue and/or you have to pay to queue items. Personally I'd prefer both. Lore wise it makes sense your experience wouldn't be as much as you aren't there learning and it really wouldn't affect leveling up as its crafting items that generally give you the most experience. The convenience fee should be per item, perhaps 500 T and could be explained as paying Baldwin or one of his apprentices to tend the brew in your stead.
  • You have to finish the queue and collect the materials before you add anything else; no topping off the brew. You also can't cancel the queue mid-brew.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Seriously, please make this a thing, because some of us are too busy to come back every 30 minutes to brew more items. Allow for multiple items with the extended time.

Like: 1 item is 30 minutes, 2 is an hour, and so on.
Seriously, please make this a thing, because some of us are too busy to come back every 30 minutes to brew more items. Allow for multiple items with the extended time.

Like: 1 item is 30 minutes, 2 is an hour, and so on.
I like the idea of queuing brews as a treasure/gem sink. Maybe gem, since this would be taking away from ad-based site revenue. And a hard limit of 5-10 seems more than reasonable. While most people don't check FR every half hour, Every 2-4 hours is very reasonable for someone who needs a lot of stuff.

I would also like the option for queuing items to be brewed without necessarily auto-brewing. I'm currently brewing down some foods, and every time I gather more foods, I have to select all and un-select the stack of plants I'm reducing. Also a huge pain scrolling through my pages and pages of familiars to find the duplicates. Please, just let me give Baldwin 10 or so items, and stick my head in every hour just to say 'thank you brew the next one now'.
I like the idea of queuing brews as a treasure/gem sink. Maybe gem, since this would be taking away from ad-based site revenue. And a hard limit of 5-10 seems more than reasonable. While most people don't check FR every half hour, Every 2-4 hours is very reasonable for someone who needs a lot of stuff.

I would also like the option for queuing items to be brewed without necessarily auto-brewing. I'm currently brewing down some foods, and every time I gather more foods, I have to select all and un-select the stack of plants I'm reducing. Also a huge pain scrolling through my pages and pages of familiars to find the duplicates. Please, just let me give Baldwin 10 or so items, and stick my head in every hour just to say 'thank you brew the next one now'.
The admins have already said they have no plans to implement queue brewing

Also, bumping (what you did with your "please make this a thing" post) is against forum rules. Bumps are only allowed in sales forums.
The admins have already said they have no plans to implement queue brewing

Also, bumping (what you did with your "please make this a thing" post) is against forum rules. Bumps are only allowed in sales forums.
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
I don't think I'd want transmuting items to cost treasure or gems. And I think admins have already stated they don't plan to implement a queue for items.

What would be helpful is a box beside the transmutation option where you can keep the stack of junk items that you always use for transmuting. If this was there, you wouldn't have to rummage through your entire hoard to find the item.

A Baldwin tab would also be nice
I don't think I'd want transmuting items to cost treasure or gems. And I think admins have already stated they don't plan to implement a queue for items.

What would be helpful is a box beside the transmutation option where you can keep the stack of junk items that you always use for transmuting. If this was there, you wouldn't have to rummage through your entire hoard to find the item.

A Baldwin tab would also be nice
d6Bpz8P.pngCx0Sdv8.pngzWgdxzn.png5cC87Ar.png5Pvzltj.pngvAUMJFv.pngqKZAaLK.pngRFvdPMt.pngSLGMeHq.pngd3XCZt0.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
mz77kVn.png
Bumping to show my like and approval of the idea made by DracarysValyria
Bumping to show my like and approval of the idea made by DracarysValyria