Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Baldwin] Unlock Cauldrons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
It would be nice if we could buy and/or craft new cauldrons for Baldwin so we can melt down more than one thing at a time. Crafting would probably be best as it would act as both a treasure and item sink
  • There would be a limit of the total number of cauldrons possible. (Probably between 3 and 5)
  • Probably should have the limit of cauldrons also based upon alchemy level (IE only allowed 1 cauldron through level 10, 2 cauldrons through level 15, etc). If this is done, you'd still have to craft or buy the new cauldron--it wouldn't appear automatically. If you have to level up the new cauldrons, then the next cauldron shouldn't be unlocked until the previous cauldron has reached a certain level (such as the current max)
  • Cost to craft/buy new cauldrons should increase with each one ((for example when you unlock the second one it costs you 50,000 T, some metal items, 3 copper mucks to craft, when you unlock the third one it costs you 100,000 T, some metal items and 5 silver mucks to craft)).

Lore wise the one time fee and items could easily be explained as you are crafting the cauldron for Baldwin or possibly one of his apprentices -- you don't own the cauldron as you've crafted it for Baldwin (or one of his apprentices), however you can use it whenever you want much like the first cauldron he has.

The addition of unlocking cauldrons could possibly add some new but minor aspects to Baldwin. Perhaps each cauldron that's crafted could be made out of a different material so the choice of cauldron could have an effect on the final outcome of a recipe in some cases (IE the default cauldron would make glass beakers, the second cauldron would make glass flasks, the third cauldron would make crystal beakers etc) or slightly change the odds of what color reagent is created when melting things down (although possibly require extra time for a cauldron that increases odds of rarer material)

It's possible that any new unlocked cauldron would start out as a level one need to be leveled up to unlock higher level recipes for that cauldron rather than have full access to the full recipes unlocked by the first cauldron. This might be a nice way to help keep the value of higher level recipes so players can't churn out a bunch of genes or breeds without putting effort into it.

Another suggestion made by citrussiren was the suggestion of temporary cauldrons that need to be replaced periodically (after x number of uses they wear out)

Another alternative would be to add a few apprentice NPCs to Baldwin. When you used one of the apprentice's NPCs there could be an extra fee to use their cauldron and the receipie take 5-10% longer than Baldwin.
It would be nice if we could buy and/or craft new cauldrons for Baldwin so we can melt down more than one thing at a time. Crafting would probably be best as it would act as both a treasure and item sink
  • There would be a limit of the total number of cauldrons possible. (Probably between 3 and 5)
  • Probably should have the limit of cauldrons also based upon alchemy level (IE only allowed 1 cauldron through level 10, 2 cauldrons through level 15, etc). If this is done, you'd still have to craft or buy the new cauldron--it wouldn't appear automatically. If you have to level up the new cauldrons, then the next cauldron shouldn't be unlocked until the previous cauldron has reached a certain level (such as the current max)
  • Cost to craft/buy new cauldrons should increase with each one ((for example when you unlock the second one it costs you 50,000 T, some metal items, 3 copper mucks to craft, when you unlock the third one it costs you 100,000 T, some metal items and 5 silver mucks to craft)).

Lore wise the one time fee and items could easily be explained as you are crafting the cauldron for Baldwin or possibly one of his apprentices -- you don't own the cauldron as you've crafted it for Baldwin (or one of his apprentices), however you can use it whenever you want much like the first cauldron he has.

The addition of unlocking cauldrons could possibly add some new but minor aspects to Baldwin. Perhaps each cauldron that's crafted could be made out of a different material so the choice of cauldron could have an effect on the final outcome of a recipe in some cases (IE the default cauldron would make glass beakers, the second cauldron would make glass flasks, the third cauldron would make crystal beakers etc) or slightly change the odds of what color reagent is created when melting things down (although possibly require extra time for a cauldron that increases odds of rarer material)

It's possible that any new unlocked cauldron would start out as a level one need to be leveled up to unlock higher level recipes for that cauldron rather than have full access to the full recipes unlocked by the first cauldron. This might be a nice way to help keep the value of higher level recipes so players can't churn out a bunch of genes or breeds without putting effort into it.

Another suggestion made by citrussiren was the suggestion of temporary cauldrons that need to be replaced periodically (after x number of uses they wear out)

Another alternative would be to add a few apprentice NPCs to Baldwin. When you used one of the apprentice's NPCs there could be an extra fee to use their cauldron and the receipie take 5-10% longer than Baldwin.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Support! Either that or a shortening of crafting times as you level.

Though I wouldn't be surprised (at all) if this is already planned and will become available as the level caps are removed.
Support! Either that or a shortening of crafting times as you level.

Though I wouldn't be surprised (at all) if this is already planned and will become available as the level caps are removed.
rgKmAZX.pngFSjGDWP.png9xxzY6y.pngJuNQ6Ts.png9KuTKv8.png
“People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us... It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of.” - Gregory Maguire
It wouldn't surprise me either it it's already planned, but just in case I figured its worth suggesting
It wouldn't surprise me either it it's already planned, but just in case I figured its worth suggesting
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Major support. That'd be super nice for A: multitasking and B: transmuting WHILE crafting, especially with longer cooldown items. If I have the material and treasure for 2-3 items I'd prefer to do them all at once rather than wait 1+ hour(s) for each.
Major support. That'd be super nice for A: multitasking and B: transmuting WHILE crafting, especially with longer cooldown items. If I have the material and treasure for 2-3 items I'd prefer to do them all at once rather than wait 1+ hour(s) for each.
V8I0CBG.gif
I love the idea of crafting another cauldron :D The price for them can go up in increments, like the nests, as a treasure sink. Possibly capped at three, though.
I love the idea of crafting another cauldron :D The price for them can go up in increments, like the nests, as a treasure sink. Possibly capped at three, though.
supporting just incase it isnt planed

as long as you are locked into transmutation or crafting (you can trans mutate 2 objects or craft 2 objects but you cant do one of each )

edits OR maybe if its not planed allready (or the number of items that can fit in the pot isnt a glitch somehow) - upgrade the pots themselves to fit more items in it....
supporting just incase it isnt planed

as long as you are locked into transmutation or crafting (you can trans mutate 2 objects or craft 2 objects but you cant do one of each )

edits OR maybe if its not planed allready (or the number of items that can fit in the pot isnt a glitch somehow) - upgrade the pots themselves to fit more items in it....
Nn4nss2.gif - wish i could remember who did this tauros.gif
Full support~ ^^

(Sorta like buying lair space or new nests I guess? ^^)
Full support~ ^^

(Sorta like buying lair space or new nests I guess? ^^)
9iFkcL8.gif tumblr_inline_orv1gpaHeM1ttfumm_540.png e3bRK8V.gif 1tXKNv5.png
e8SAWsa.pngJ74TxJz.pngoyc9mzo.pngJ74TxJz.pngTMUIWyG.pnge8SAWsa.png
e8SAWsa.pngIios3O9.pnge8SAWsa.pnge8SAWsa.pngOhBrQi3.pnge8SAWsa.pnge8SAWsa.png
CLAN TWO MOONS
VITvCqN.png
CblwsR6.png
R1dejfm.png
Support! This a a great idea!
Support! This a a great idea!
l29.pngs21.pngo664-d02-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d03-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d04-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d01-R-Cirrostratus.png - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - iA6Dl9p.png
Support. I really want more than one so I can do one of each thing and not forget.
Support. I really want more than one so I can do one of each thing and not forget.
I would love this. 30 minutes seems really long to get just one tiny item, and when some of the concoctions (or whatever they are) require multiple items, it can take a really long time to get everything.

I'd even pay gems for this thing.
I would love this. 30 minutes seems really long to get just one tiny item, and when some of the concoctions (or whatever they are) require multiple items, it can take a really long time to get everything.

I'd even pay gems for this thing.
6epgHfG.png
FREE Arcane Nests. Nest conditions on profile
FR +3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16