Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Arlo's Ancient Artifacts
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 60 61
@hungryhobbits oh thanks
@hungryhobbits oh thanks
She/her . female . will work on signature soon
So excitinggg!!![emoji=obelisk star size=1]
So excitinggg!!!
The loreeeeee
The loreeeeee
76423401.png 67682904.png 66967264.png
74428082_350.png
I'm super excited for this! But... I guess I'll need to add some friends? Haha... T_T;;
I'm super excited for this! But... I guess I'll need to add some friends? Haha... T_T;;
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!xCmYhaC.pngMA3bre1.png
We're getting a lot of great memes about this upcoming feature and a lot of great feedback, too. Thank you all for participating in the discussion!
We're getting a lot of great memes about this upcoming feature and a lot of great feedback, too. Thank you all for participating in the discussion!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Will there be a way to play without friends? Asking because I have social anxiety, trust issues, and I'm not a people person. EDIT: No one: Me, a misanthrope: [img]https://i.imgur.com/K2TgZGn.png[/img]
Will there be a way to play without friends? Asking because I have social anxiety, trust issues, and I'm not a people person.

EDIT:

No one:
Me, a misanthrope:

K2TgZGn.png
Forum pings are disabled. Please avoid profile comments and private messages unless it's for business.
Ok, but what are Arlo's genes tho??? [emoji=normal eyes size=1][emoji=normal eyes size=1][emoji=imperial confused size= ]
Ok, but what are Arlo's genes tho???
ePOliyb.png
UMevL3r.png
dEe2UrM.png
WQA384m.png
0f4689d3eb9e3375c50d1d4be04ef6179a73b624.png
[quote name="VerholyDuck" date="2021-11-16 09:55:51" ] omg it's the sinnoh underground minigame... just a smidge different. i love it so much... [/quote] Exactly what I was thinking! First I get my copy of SP, now this..! Such hype! Edit: I just noticed this update was before the game release, but...Ididn'tseeituntiltodaysowhocares. :P
VerholyDuck wrote on 2021-11-16 09:55:51:
omg it's the sinnoh underground minigame... just a smidge different. i love it so much...

Exactly what I was thinking! First I get my copy of SP, now this..! Such hype!

Edit: I just noticed this update was before the game release, but...Ididn'tseeituntiltodaysowhocares. :P
Arlo my beloved!! <3
Arlo my beloved!! <3
[quote name="CrownedZacian" date="2021-11-19 10:39:58" ] Will there be a way to play without friends? Asking because I have social anxiety, trust issues, and I'm not a people person. EDIT: No one: Me, a misanthrope: [img]https://i.imgur.com/K2TgZGn.png[/img] [/quote] @CrownedZacian From what I can tell you don't have to interact with other people at all. It just might be a little bit slower to progress than other people who are using friends. Plus when you do choose to interact, it doesn't look like you have to [i]talk[/i] to people. You probably just click a button and I'd imagine it sends some flavor text to whatever person from your friend list you chose/gets randomly chosen. Like maybe "CrownedZacian sent over supplies! Thanks to their help, you managed to clear an extra tile today!" or "Lunarsnow stopped by to help you clear a tile!" It says each day we'll get an amount of magnifying glasses, pickaxes, and research notes and the research notes are for other people. The first two you use yourself on your digsites. They specifically mentioned solo play in the research note bit too so research notes are just essentially bonus. [quote]For those that don't care to share their notes or prefer solo play, you can relinquish all of your remaining research notes to the Dragon Home Preservation Guild. The notes won't benefit any players, but you'll be paid a small amount of treasure for every note you relinquish.[/quote]
CrownedZacian wrote on 2021-11-19 10:39:58:
Will there be a way to play without friends? Asking because I have social anxiety, trust issues, and I'm not a people person.

EDIT:

No one:
Me, a misanthrope:

K2TgZGn.png
@CrownedZacian
From what I can tell you don't have to interact with other people at all. It just might be a little bit slower to progress than other people who are using friends. Plus when you do choose to interact, it doesn't look like you have to talk to people. You probably just click a button and I'd imagine it sends some flavor text to whatever person from your friend list you chose/gets randomly chosen. Like maybe "CrownedZacian sent over supplies! Thanks to their help, you managed to clear an extra tile today!" or "Lunarsnow stopped by to help you clear a tile!"

It says each day we'll get an amount of magnifying glasses, pickaxes, and research notes and the research notes are for other people. The first two you use yourself on your digsites. They specifically mentioned solo play in the research note bit too so research notes are just essentially bonus.
Quote:
For those that don't care to share their notes or prefer solo play, you can relinquish all of your remaining research notes to the Dragon Home Preservation Guild. The notes won't benefit any players, but you'll be paid a small amount of treasure for every note you relinquish.
cg6Ogwx.pngc76891238bc7cd166aeb215c480467c97a9ca8f1.png866GSCw.png
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 60 61