Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Arlo's Ancient Artifacts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 60 61
[center][permalink][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/devupdate.png[/img][/permalink][/center] It's been awhile! Today's [b]Developer Update[/b] focuses on a preview of our newest upcoming Trading Post activity: [b]Arlo's Ancient Artifacts[/b]. You'll be helping Arlo the Obelisk dig for new and exciting discoveries! [center][permalink][b]Click here to learn more about this update.[/b][/permalink][/center] [more] ---------------- [size=5][b]Arlo's Ancient Artifacts[/b][/size] The incredible findings of the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3017511]Dustcarve Dig[/url][/b] have spurred new interest in [b]archaeology[/b] throughout Sornieth! Clans everywhere are beginning to break ground and aid the Dragonhome Preservation Guild in the search for treasures and trinkets. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/preview_arlonpc.png[/img] [I][size=1]Image Caption: A banner image of a brown, green, and goldenrod obelisk dragon holding a pickaxe and wearing excavation gear.[/size][/I][/center] [b]Arlo[/b], one of several obelisk dragons that have taken up this pursuit, needs your clan's help in the myriad digsites he oversees across the realm. In this new [b]Trading Post activity[/b], you will muster resources and use them digging in sites and plots to find precious artifacts. You'll also be able to share your research with your friends. [size=5][b]Mustering Resources[/b][/size] Once per day, you will be able to [b]Muster Resources[/b]. This action adds a randomized [b]assortment of tools[/b] to your archaeological project. Pickaxes, magnifying glasses, and research notes can be procured, and each has a special purpose towards uncovering artifacts in digsites. [size=5][b]Digsites[/b][/size] Digsites are thematic collections of tiled plots that, once uncovered, will yield [b]items[/b] and [b]experience points[/b]. Much like [b]Baldwin's Bubbling Brew[/b], your [b]archaeology experience[/b] will dictate what digsites your clan will be able to work on, and thusly, what rewards and items you'll uncover. Although the feature will debut with only one available digsite, you can expect more sites to open up as part of our regular content updates. [b]NOTE:[/b] Future digsites will likely require a minimum archaeology level in order to access and work on them. [size=5][b]Get to Work[/b][/size] Within a digsite, you'll be shown an assortment of different sized [b]plots[/b], which all have a number of [b]dirt tiles[/b] to be uncovered. In order to yield an [b]artifact reward[/b], you must [b]uncover all of the tiles within a plot[/b]. Uncovering tiles is made possible by the resources you've mustered, and any research that has been shared with you by your friends. [size=4][b]Types of Work Orders[/b][/size] There are two types of [b]digging actions ("work orders")[/b] you can perform with the tools you collect using Muster Resources. [LIST] [*][b]Rugged Work[/b]: Performing this action will consume one [b]pickaxe[/b] from your resources and will begin a work order on [b]multiple random tiles[/b], selected from any available plots. [*][b]Precise Work[/b]: Performing this action will consume one (1) [b]magnifying glass[/b] from your resources and will allow you to specifically choose a plot within the current digsite to work on. [b]One (1) random tile in the plot will be worked[/b]. [/LIST] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/pickaxe-dig-animation.gif[/img] [I][size=1]Image Caption: An animation depicting a pickaxe striking an individual tile within a digsite plot.[/size][/I][/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/Magnifying-Glass-2.gif[/img] [I][size=1]Image Caption: An animation depicting a magnifying glass searching an individual tile within a digsite plot.[/size][/I][/center] After some time has passed, your work orders will complete and you'll be able to clear the tiles away—revealing a bit of the artifact(s) beneath! [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/Crumble.gif[/img] [I][size=1]Image Caption: An animation depicting a tile that has completed its work order and is crumbling away to reveal part of the underlying artwork beneath the dirt tile grid.[/size][/I][/center] [size=5][b]Sharing Research[/b][/size] In addition to tools, you'll also procure [b]research notes[/b] from your field team. And in the spirit of collaboration, these notes are intended for you to share with your fellow players! You can share research notes in several ways: [LIST] [*][b]Assist a Friend[/b]: You can send up to three (3) research notes to a player on your friends list. The notes will appear as worked tiles randomly dispersed on their eligible plots (across all their unlocked digsites). [*][b]Share with Colleagues[/b]: You can send up to three (3) research notes to random active players on your friends list. Each randomly chosen player will receive one (1) note. The notes will appear as worked tiles randomly dispersed on their eligible plots (across all their unlocked digsites). [*][b]Sell to the Guild[/b]: For those that don't care to share their notes or prefer solo play, you can relinquish all of your remaining research notes to the Dragon Home Preservation Guild. The notes won't benefit any players, but you'll be paid a small amount of treasure for every note you relinquish. [/LIST] --------- We're wrapping up development on this feature and expect to have it released soon! Thanks for reading this update—we can't wait to share with you what we've been working on. --------- [size=5][b]FAQ[/b][/size] [i]We will be adding as many answers to community questions within this part of the post. Check back periodically![/i]
devupdate.png

It's been awhile! Today's Developer Update focuses on a preview of our newest upcoming Trading Post activity: Arlo's Ancient Artifacts. You'll be helping Arlo the Obelisk dig for new and exciting discoveries!

Arlo's Ancient Artifacts

The incredible findings of the Dustcarve Dig have spurred new interest in archaeology throughout Sornieth! Clans everywhere are beginning to break ground and aid the Dragonhome Preservation Guild in the search for treasures and trinkets.
preview_arlonpc.png
Image Caption: A banner image of a brown, green, and goldenrod obelisk dragon holding a pickaxe and wearing excavation gear.

Arlo, one of several obelisk dragons that have taken up this pursuit, needs your clan's help in the myriad digsites he oversees across the realm. In this new Trading Post activity, you will muster resources and use them digging in sites and plots to find precious artifacts. You'll also be able to share your research with your friends.

Mustering Resources

Once per day, you will be able to Muster Resources. This action adds a randomized assortment of tools to your archaeological project. Pickaxes, magnifying glasses, and research notes can be procured, and each has a special purpose towards uncovering artifacts in digsites.

Digsites

Digsites are thematic collections of tiled plots that, once uncovered, will yield items and experience points.

Much like Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, your archaeology experience will dictate what digsites your clan will be able to work on, and thusly, what rewards and items you'll uncover. Although the feature will debut with only one available digsite, you can expect more sites to open up as part of our regular content updates. NOTE: Future digsites will likely require a minimum archaeology level in order to access and work on them.

Get to Work

Within a digsite, you'll be shown an assortment of different sized plots, which all have a number of dirt tiles to be uncovered. In order to yield an artifact reward, you must uncover all of the tiles within a plot. Uncovering tiles is made possible by the resources you've mustered, and any research that has been shared with you by your friends.

Types of Work Orders

There are two types of digging actions ("work orders") you can perform with the tools you collect using Muster Resources.
  • Rugged Work: Performing this action will consume one pickaxe from your resources and will begin a work order on multiple random tiles, selected from any available plots.
  • Precise Work: Performing this action will consume one (1) magnifying glass from your resources and will allow you to specifically choose a plot within the current digsite to work on. One (1) random tile in the plot will be worked.
pickaxe-dig-animation.gif
Image Caption: An animation depicting a pickaxe striking an individual tile within a digsite plot.

Magnifying-Glass-2.gif
Image Caption: An animation depicting a magnifying glass searching an individual tile within a digsite plot.

After some time has passed, your work orders will complete and you'll be able to clear the tiles away—revealing a bit of the artifact(s) beneath!

Crumble.gif
Image Caption: An animation depicting a tile that has completed its work order and is crumbling away to reveal part of the underlying artwork beneath the dirt tile grid.

Sharing Research

In addition to tools, you'll also procure research notes from your field team. And in the spirit of collaboration, these notes are intended for you to share with your fellow players! You can share research notes in several ways:
  • Assist a Friend: You can send up to three (3) research notes to a player on your friends list. The notes will appear as worked tiles randomly dispersed on their eligible plots (across all their unlocked digsites).
  • Share with Colleagues: You can send up to three (3) research notes to random active players on your friends list. Each randomly chosen player will receive one (1) note. The notes will appear as worked tiles randomly dispersed on their eligible plots (across all their unlocked digsites).
  • Sell to the Guild: For those that don't care to share their notes or prefer solo play, you can relinquish all of your remaining research notes to the Dragon Home Preservation Guild. The notes won't benefit any players, but you'll be paid a small amount of treasure for every note you relinquish.

We're wrapping up development on this feature and expect to have it released soon! Thanks for reading this update—we can't wait to share with you what we've been working on.

FAQ

We will be adding as many answers to community questions within this part of the post. Check back periodically!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Hello everyone! Quick obligatory reminder: Please remember to stay on topic when commenting.

And as always, suggestions about this upcoming feature (or any other game feature or mechanic) should be posted in our Suggestions Forum. Feedback about rules or policies should be submitted to us directly through Contact Us.
Hello everyone! Quick obligatory reminder: Please remember to stay on topic when commenting.

And as always, suggestions about this upcoming feature (or any other game feature or mechanic) should be posted in our Suggestions Forum. Feedback about rules or policies should be submitted to us directly through Contact Us.
this looks so cool!!!
this looks so cool!!!
sig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngColi_Grinding_Banner.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngWishlist.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.png6EYpa34.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.png
Oooooh Sweet!!!
Oooooh Sweet!!!

This sounds really cool!
I'm always excited for new features!
This sounds really cool!
I'm always excited for new features!
db4tors-74b77e40-ccef-4a8e-9264-28caecc09a52.png
oooooh this is so exciting! I love the idea of a new activity that allows us to have a new use for the friends list! super excited to see where this goes

edit: woah first page. sick.
oooooh this is so exciting! I love the idea of a new activity that allows us to have a new use for the friends list! super excited to see where this goes

edit: woah first page. sick.
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
Ooh this is so cool! I'm excited!
Ooh this is so cool! I'm excited!
He/him, adult, skin/accent shop
lightanim3.gifplagueh5.png
ooohhh this seems interesting :o
ooohhh this seems interesting :o
Ohhh, this looks really cool!! I love the cooperation between friends, too! :oo
Ohhh, this looks really cool!! I love the cooperation between friends, too! :oo
5KyfVO0.png
Y3ss5jo.pngrjlFFu0.pngV4C7iqz.pngvD2mGJA.pngZAD0xZG.pngiuGyQfp.png
VR2c9ts.png
Oh neat!!