Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Arlo's Ancient Artifacts
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
[quote name="CrownedZacian" date="2021-11-19 10:39:58" ] Will there be a way to play without friends? Asking because I have social anxiety, trust issues, and I'm not a people person. EDIT: No one: Me, a misanthrope: [/quote] Ha! My exact reaction. Or when you start to try and make friends, but life gets hard so you disappear for months only mustering enough energy to do bare minimum for events. Someone else did mention the note about solo play and that it looks like you can do the event solo; it just may be slower. My only thing about the mention of you don't need to talk to people is if you don't regularly talk to people no one is likely to choose you to send stuff to. Or like me; I'm pretty sure most if not all of my small friends list is inactive since I haven't interacted with others for a long time due to personal issues. If they aren't I don't think they'd remember me and choose to send. The fact the Devs thought to put an option to use the notes for solo players leads me to think that they have taken solo players into account. So hopefully the event is balanced in a way that you can obtain all rewards even if you play solo. Edit: I just read more carefully and realized this seems like a permanent feature. I'm having a lot of brain fog today and for some reason thought this was a limited event. I definitely think solo players will be fine/able to accomplish plenty. :)
CrownedZacian wrote on 2021-11-19 10:39:58:
Will there be a way to play without friends? Asking because I have social anxiety, trust issues, and I'm not a people person.

EDIT:

No one:
Me, a misanthrope:
Ha! My exact reaction. Or when you start to try and make friends, but life gets hard so you disappear for months only mustering enough energy to do bare minimum for events.

Someone else did mention the note about solo play and that it looks like you can do the event solo; it just may be slower. My only thing about the mention of you don't need to talk to people is if you don't regularly talk to people no one is likely to choose you to send stuff to. Or like me; I'm pretty sure most if not all of my small friends list is inactive since I haven't interacted with others for a long time due to personal issues. If they aren't I don't think they'd remember me and choose to send.
The fact the Devs thought to put an option to use the notes for solo players leads me to think that they have taken solo players into account. So hopefully the event is balanced in a way that you can obtain all rewards even if you play solo.

Edit: I just read more carefully and realized this seems like a permanent feature. I'm having a lot of brain fog today and for some reason thought this was a limited event. I definitely think solo players will be fine/able to accomplish plenty. :)
cNaeyag.gif
Ooh! I like it already :D Obelisks are one of my favorite breeds ^^
Ooh! I like it already :D Obelisks are one of my favorite breeds ^^
QVmwjur.png
cQS6PnX.png
fLdYOuE.png
bYt72YT.png
J7D1quC.png
7kXqKFJ.png water flight | intp 4w5 | veilspunssss :)
g7OK4KC.pngpK3O4IW.png
Don't like the idea of incentivizing people to add as many randos to their friend list as possible (have seen this go horribly on other sites)

HOWEVER....VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS FEATURE OVERALL. it looks like a fun new expansion to gameplay. Im gonna have to make an archeology dragon :)
Don't like the idea of incentivizing people to add as many randos to their friend list as possible (have seen this go horribly on other sites)

HOWEVER....VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS FEATURE OVERALL. it looks like a fun new expansion to gameplay. Im gonna have to make an archeology dragon :)
tumblr_okxejoyVNG1tddvg0o1_540.png

fr blog | art blog | Art Sales
They Pronouns
Sorry maybe I’m just slow, but it looked like that you could only share 3 notes per day (namely you can choose to five them all to a single friend or 3 of your friends) how does that translated into pushing for random friends requests?
Sorry maybe I’m just slow, but it looked like that you could only share 3 notes per day (namely you can choose to five them all to a single friend or 3 of your friends) how does that translated into pushing for random friends requests?
v886aA7.png 6YousWl.pnghzM3Sr2.pngL74Jfbv.png F7omzdo.png 0HBKL8H.png
dEe2UrM.png
uPNWHgD.png
0vW8aup.png
@slyvir the more friend lists you're on the higher chance of being randomly selected by numerous people for stuff for the mini game

like the way numerous players refuse to read NOT ACCEPTING RANDOM FRIEND REQUESTS on peoples bios is already a problem, it's really just going to lead to more friend request spamming
@slyvir the more friend lists you're on the higher chance of being randomly selected by numerous people for stuff for the mini game

like the way numerous players refuse to read NOT ACCEPTING RANDOM FRIEND REQUESTS on peoples bios is already a problem, it's really just going to lead to more friend request spamming
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
If nothing else, I'm impressed at the size of that pickaxe. And holding it without a thumb? There are enough breeds without thumbs so I suppose it makes sense that they somehow manage to hold things. Heck, Snappers can as well according to Armik. [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/8bbfd6eb6f659680379d566c5fe9258c/957e9de87ec4122e-02/s500x750/feb9b2cc5d4f2c6119054640557507586a8c8ec1.png[/img] Estimated based off of [url=https://olessan-lokenosse.tumblr.com/post/654179882823270400/so]this size chart[/url] of Lokenosse's.
If nothing else, I'm impressed at the size of that pickaxe.
And holding it without a thumb? There are enough breeds without thumbs so I suppose it makes sense that they somehow manage to hold things. Heck, Snappers can as well according to Armik.

feb9b2cc5d4f2c6119054640557507586a8c8ec1.png
Estimated based off of this size chart of Lokenosse's.
4QFtgPW.png
Cool
Cool
Please call me Ace. ALWAYS PING IF NOT MY FOURM..it helps me respond easier.
This looks like so much fun, very excited for it to be added! On that note, do we have an ETA on it? I'm more than happy to wait however long is needed for it to be the best it can be, but would love to know if there's a timeframe. [emoji=tundra happy size=1] I've seen a lot of people expressing concerns that this will create a sort of imbalance between more solo players compared to active players, and just wanted to say - in case there isn't already a catch for that possibility - it could be as simple as putting in a daily limit for how much you can receive from friends. Or even a limit on how much you can receive per grid? If it's a small enough amount, I don't think that anyone could be justifiably upset about not having active friends to participate with. It may result in getting something a day or two later than people with a lot of on-site friends, but that's the trade off. A lot of features favor different types of players naturally, so some favoring active and chatty users isn't that outlandish to me. [size=2](This is coming from someone with social anxiety and very few active friends on site, by the way, before anyone thinks I'm just saying this because I've got a stacked friends list <3 )
This looks like so much fun, very excited for it to be added!
On that note, do we have an ETA on it? I'm more than happy to wait however long is needed for it to be the best it can be, but would love to know if there's a timeframe.

I've seen a lot of people expressing concerns that this will create a sort of imbalance between more solo players compared to active players, and just wanted to say - in case there isn't already a catch for that possibility - it could be as simple as putting in a daily limit for how much you can receive from friends. Or even a limit on how much you can receive per grid?
If it's a small enough amount, I don't think that anyone could be justifiably upset about not having active friends to participate with. It may result in getting something a day or two later than people with a lot of on-site friends, but that's the trade off. A lot of features favor different types of players naturally, so some favoring active and chatty users isn't that outlandish to me.

(This is coming from someone with social anxiety and very few active friends on site, by the way, before anyone thinks I'm just saying this because I've got a stacked friends list <3 )
The friends list thing makes me a bit wary however
The friends list thing makes me a bit wary however
:> Hey
This looks like a lot of fun, but it's really confusing to me right now, hopefully when it get's released it'll be less confusing.

I don't really care about the "adding randos to your friends list", I don't do it personally, but I don't see how it's an issue, if someone ends up not wanting to be friends, they can just unadd them, and if they bother them or start being rude, then they can report them or block them. Besides, things don't have to be instant, you can work towards whatever you'd like.
This looks like a lot of fun, but it's really confusing to me right now, hopefully when it get's released it'll be less confusing.

I don't really care about the "adding randos to your friends list", I don't do it personally, but I don't see how it's an issue, if someone ends up not wanting to be friends, they can just unadd them, and if they bother them or start being rude, then they can report them or block them. Besides, things don't have to be instant, you can work towards whatever you'd like.
I'm Moth Mum! She/they/it, Ace pan polyamorous. Visit my clan profile!
Ping me if you want me to see something.
Big_lineless_ace_heart.gifBig_lineless_pan_heart.gifBig_lineless_polyam_heart.gifBig_lineless_demigirl_heart.gif
Pixels by me, doing on request
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61