Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | exalt fodder in lore
1 2 3
I have it where dragons are chosen by the gods to serve them, born with their destiny. In some ways its true, because I choose who stays and who goes including hatchlings I dont like :p my progens oldest daughter roams around looking for the chosen, because she is able to sense them, and their younger daughter guides chosen dragons down the path to the Wyrmwound to meet plaguebringer. I didn't want to feel bad exalting dragons, so I gave them a high sense of purpose, an important destiny to do great things.

I also like the conflict it presents in the story. Dragons dont get to decide for themselves whether or not they want to serve their god, its decided for them, so a lot of them have issues with the system. Some of them dont believe the chosen are special, they're just being manipulated. Others are upset they aren't good enough for plaguebringer to want them. My progen, the matriarch, actually sees exalting as a waste of soldiers and doesnt want them to go to plaguebringer, instead serving her while she tries to take the territory of the clans around her. So theres lots of drama going on. It's a good way of finding interesting story threads and its such a big part of the world building I felt like I had to acknowledge it somehow.
I have it where dragons are chosen by the gods to serve them, born with their destiny. In some ways its true, because I choose who stays and who goes including hatchlings I dont like :p my progens oldest daughter roams around looking for the chosen, because she is able to sense them, and their younger daughter guides chosen dragons down the path to the Wyrmwound to meet plaguebringer. I didn't want to feel bad exalting dragons, so I gave them a high sense of purpose, an important destiny to do great things.

I also like the conflict it presents in the story. Dragons dont get to decide for themselves whether or not they want to serve their god, its decided for them, so a lot of them have issues with the system. Some of them dont believe the chosen are special, they're just being manipulated. Others are upset they aren't good enough for plaguebringer to want them. My progen, the matriarch, actually sees exalting as a waste of soldiers and doesnt want them to go to plaguebringer, instead serving her while she tries to take the territory of the clans around her. So theres lots of drama going on. It's a good way of finding interesting story threads and its such a big part of the world building I felt like I had to acknowledge it somehow.
UiEAFzH.png She/her

+2 FR Time

Cryptid Collection
_B12_L.pngo203-d01-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d02-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d03-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d04-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d05-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d01-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d02-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d03-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d04-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d05-Alo-Vra.png
They're heroic dragons that battle all day and feast all night. When they're ready, they leave the clan forever to serve the deity... but this is always their choice to do so as occasionally one decides to stay and join the rest of the clan as a permanent member.
They're heroic dragons that battle all day and feast all night. When they're ready, they leave the clan forever to serve the deity... but this is always their choice to do so as occasionally one decides to stay and join the rest of the clan as a permanent member.
qDavPTk.png
Generally it's a choice a dragon makes. I don't exalt dragons, but it's still a thing in my lore. A few of my dragons have individuals from their past who were exalted for one reason or another, but they can keep in contact if they'd like.

It's a hell of a way to get out of being punished for a crime.
Generally it's a choice a dragon makes. I don't exalt dragons, but it's still a thing in my lore. A few of my dragons have individuals from their past who were exalted for one reason or another, but they can keep in contact if they'd like.

It's a hell of a way to get out of being punished for a crime.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
Exalted dragons are simply hired by the Stormcatcher to work in the Tempest Spire. They are not exaltees, they are valued employees.
Exalted dragons are simply hired by the Stormcatcher to work in the Tempest Spire. They are not exaltees, they are valued employees.
66946966.png

v2PJF9u.png
WkCEhwX.png
LRdLP2V.png

Gene Wishlist
Apparel Wishlist

Exalted dragons stick to the canon explanations in my lore; some are born into my clans and decide to go serve the Icewarden when they're older, others visit for a time on their way to serving the Icewarden.
On that note, dragons who're missing/never canonically come back to my clan after leaving are presumed gone to serve the Icewarden or another deity (since they're likely exalted in-game)
Exalted dragons stick to the canon explanations in my lore; some are born into my clans and decide to go serve the Icewarden when they're older, others visit for a time on their way to serving the Icewarden.
On that note, dragons who're missing/never canonically come back to my clan after leaving are presumed gone to serve the Icewarden or another deity (since they're likely exalted in-game)
Scary Storybook [Lore] Progress Report
Shade Constructs [Lineage and Subspecies]
Sector 42 Hatchery [Lineage Dragons]
they/them, lore heavy lair, icicle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In my lore, they just dead. Dragons invited to the clan and given the honor of training with the best that didnt make it. Either they were downed in combat or their bodies were overtaken by the many diseases of the Wasteland. :D
In my lore, they just dead. Dragons invited to the clan and given the honor of training with the best that didnt make it. Either they were downed in combat or their bodies were overtaken by the many diseases of the Wasteland. :D
tumblr_psu07vDe6C1wogl4wo1_100.png - She/They/It | Hy/Hymn/Hymnself -
- Adult | Sagittarius | G1 Lover -
- "we go where no one goes" -
My lore dragons/relatives of lore dragons are usually only exalted if they're dead. For normal fodder though, they're just travellers who come into the clan and then leave
My lore dragons/relatives of lore dragons are usually only exalted if they're dead. For normal fodder though, they're just travellers who come into the clan and then leave
KreseKaleiSign.png

Also visit:
Light Dom Shop
#Unnamedisvalid
My Challenges
Dragons for Sale
Some of them are warriors/acolytes who go to serve the Lightweaver, others are pilgrims journeying to the Beacon to be healed and receive "eternal life". I see my lair as a center of healing, so anyone they can't help gets sent on to the Beacon for an audience with god herself. [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1]
Some of them are warriors/acolytes who go to serve the Lightweaver, others are pilgrims journeying to the Beacon to be healed and receive "eternal life". I see my lair as a center of healing, so anyone they can't help gets sent on to the Beacon for an audience with god herself.
Being exalted very honorable (for both the individual dragon and the family they came from) so a lot decide to go that path even as hatchlings. Even if they don't intend to be soldiers it's generally agreed upon exalts should have basic combat training, so they seek out reputable trainers. I see the exalting money as payments from families of destined exaltees to be schooled. For the ones that give out less treasure when I hit that exalt button, they had to pay for schooling themselves or they come from pitifully broke clans
Being exalted very honorable (for both the individual dragon and the family they came from) so a lot decide to go that path even as hatchlings. Even if they don't intend to be soldiers it's generally agreed upon exalts should have basic combat training, so they seek out reputable trainers. I see the exalting money as payments from families of destined exaltees to be schooled. For the ones that give out less treasure when I hit that exalt button, they had to pay for schooling themselves or they come from pitifully broke clans
2XruB4R.png
Nope. There's no such thing as "fodder" in my lore and it's culturally just very weird and inappropriate if you think about it. Any sort of dragon that gets trained and then yeeted has nothing to do with actual training and yeeting in lore. They're just merchants and similar who come to trade, leave some coins or materials, then leave
Nope. There's no such thing as "fodder" in my lore and it's culturally just very weird and inappropriate if you think about it. Any sort of dragon that gets trained and then yeeted has nothing to do with actual training and yeeting in lore. They're just merchants and similar who come to trade, leave some coins or materials, then leave
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2 3