Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Bounty of the elements
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I'm hoping more people will mean it will be more active here.
I'm hoping more people will mean it will be more active here.
WINDSINGER_sig.png
Lore and familiar will be the best thing of my life! I love lore building, and I'm one of those hopeless dreamers who wants to fill up the Bestiary someday.
Lore and familiar will be the best thing of my life! I love lore building, and I'm one of those hopeless dreamers who wants to fill up the Bestiary someday.
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
[quote name="EndraPhoenix" date="2018-03-02 09:51:55" ] [quote name="DeliciousBlood" date="2018-03-02 09:36:01" ] [quote name="Cataclasm" date="2018-03-02 09:22:25" ] Honestly, it was remarkably underwhelming. The fact that they went as far as to make all those cryptic posts on tumblr and hyped everyone up so much is just... Wrong. What the update is, is basically: -Open reg. Awful. Gives more chances to trolls and immature people to join the site, whenever they feel like it. I guarantee we will see an increase of those. -Some lore stuff. Personally not interested in lore one bit. Been on here for almost 3 years, never read any of it, and I don't feel like I'm missing out. -Some "temporary bounties". Possibly the only feature that will be useful. For those people like myself, who train dragons as a way to make profit, getting 50% more xp will be great. And also, getting 10% more gems when purchasing some is also neat. -The "welcome home" feature. While it's sweet, it just doesn't make sense to me. Flight rising is already a VERY easy game to play. Even if you've been gone for years, there are food banks, a bunch of generous users and Gathering, which are all very easy ways to get some foodpoints. So why do we need to pamper people while it's already so easy to get back into the game? -The which waystone thingy. Again, I kinda don't see the point of it. A lot of new and returning players make posts like "HALP WAT DO I DO" every single day, and a bunch of people comment and explain pretty much everything. We could simply have a master post about everything there is to do in the game. But I guess people are allergic to reading simple instructions. -The swiftbrood Boon. Kind of a useless item. So you're telling me that I'm going to waste my gems on buying an item that simply makes my dragon be able to breed faster? Why in the world would I do that? In the end of the day, you would be at a loss of currency if you did that. No matter how pretty your dragons are, or if you have the latest genes on 'em, that item is plain useless. Dragons with new genes lose their value so fast, and even dragons that are considered beautiful usually sell for like 5 gems. So what is the point? -Event familiar. I mean, it's okay. I like collecting familiars. Hopefully it's a good looking one. -Forum Report Feature. It's good that this time, it's going to be functional. Because the previous one did not even work. I feel like we shouldn't be celebrating having a functioning report button though. It's common sense that it should be working. It was about time they fixed it. [/quote] ^ [/quote] [/quote] All of this. Nothing super important for us, which made all those cryptic messages annoying.
EndraPhoenix wrote on 2018-03-02 09:51:55:
DeliciousBlood wrote on 2018-03-02 09:36:01:
Cataclasm wrote on 2018-03-02 09:22:25:
Honestly, it was remarkably underwhelming. The fact that they went as far as to make all those cryptic posts on tumblr and hyped everyone up so much is just... Wrong.

What the update is, is basically:

-Open reg. Awful. Gives more chances to trolls and immature people to join the site, whenever they feel like it. I guarantee we will see an increase of those.

-Some lore stuff. Personally not interested in lore one bit. Been on here for almost 3 years, never read any of it, and I don't feel like I'm missing out.

-Some "temporary bounties". Possibly the only feature that will be useful. For those people like myself, who train dragons as a way to make profit, getting 50% more xp will be great.
And also, getting 10% more gems when purchasing some is also neat.

-The "welcome home" feature. While it's sweet, it just doesn't make sense to me. Flight rising is already a VERY easy game to play. Even if you've been gone for years, there are food banks, a bunch of generous users and Gathering, which are all very easy ways to get some foodpoints. So why do we need to pamper people while it's already so easy to get back into the game?

-The which waystone thingy. Again, I kinda don't see the point of it. A lot of new and returning players make posts like "HALP WAT DO I DO" every single day, and a bunch of people comment and explain pretty much everything. We could simply have a master post about everything there is to do in the game. But I guess people are allergic to reading simple instructions.

-The swiftbrood Boon. Kind of a useless item. So you're telling me that I'm going to waste my gems on buying an item that simply makes my dragon be able to breed faster? Why in the world would I do that? In the end of the day, you would be at a loss of currency if you did that. No matter how pretty your dragons are, or if you have the latest genes on 'em, that item is plain useless. Dragons with new genes lose their value so fast, and even dragons that are considered beautiful usually sell for like 5 gems. So what is the point?

-Event familiar. I mean, it's okay. I like collecting familiars. Hopefully it's a good looking one.

-Forum Report Feature. It's good that this time, it's going to be functional. Because the previous one did not even work. I feel like we shouldn't be celebrating having a functioning report button though. It's common sense that it should be working. It was about time they fixed it.
^
All of this. Nothing super important for us, which made all those cryptic messages annoying.
•I no longer play, but that's left of my lair is not for sale•
I'm all for it!
I love the lore despite my clan not adhering to it at all.
I'm never gonna use the item but whatever, I don't see the use in the Boon of Fertility either but I'm sure some people use it.
Open reg shows how much the site has grown and they should wear that with pride! Welcome weeks didn't ruin the site, neither will open reg.
And geez I've been here about 6 months so I missed out on basically every cool and valuable thing on this website. Gimme an event familiar that I can be proud of!
The coli bonuses are amazing! I'm gonna train S O M A N Y D R A G O N S.
As for the people who expected a new breed or map revamp, I'm sure it'll eventually happen so please be chill uwu
I'm all for it!
I love the lore despite my clan not adhering to it at all.
I'm never gonna use the item but whatever, I don't see the use in the Boon of Fertility either but I'm sure some people use it.
Open reg shows how much the site has grown and they should wear that with pride! Welcome weeks didn't ruin the site, neither will open reg.
And geez I've been here about 6 months so I missed out on basically every cool and valuable thing on this website. Gimme an event familiar that I can be proud of!
The coli bonuses are amazing! I'm gonna train S O M A N Y D R A G O N S.
As for the people who expected a new breed or map revamp, I'm sure it'll eventually happen so please be chill uwu
I'm not salty, but still kinda disappointed and overall underwhelmed. The staff didn't hype this to infinity, the community did, and that is something that needs to be pointed out. However, I don't blame anyone for hyping this so much. After all, in the past when weird cryptic things started happening with a slow buildup, it meant something huge and amazing. *cough cough* Baldwin *cough cough*

I didn't get into the hype, so this isn't really a letdown, but still, I do have an opinion on what is being done.

An exclusive familiar is nice, a collect familiars, and it'll find some use, and I'll get my butt over to the coliseum to train a few dragons to level 25, but that's it.

I don't buy gems, I don't have a lot of money, and the bonus isn't enough to tempt me.

Since I joined, I've come to see that even if the windows (which were inconsistent at the time, I joined in 2014) were an annoyance as a newbie, I came see why it was done that way, and that it very well could be an advantage. Hopefully, things won't go downhill with open registration, but for sure we will see an increase in bots and trolls.

The new gem item seems mostly useless to me, but it doesn't really matter, I almost never buy those kind of gem items anyway.

I know plenty of people love lore, but I'm not one of those people. I'll read it... and then almost always turn around and completely ignore it.

Also the waystone is something I will never use.
I'm not salty, but still kinda disappointed and overall underwhelmed. The staff didn't hype this to infinity, the community did, and that is something that needs to be pointed out. However, I don't blame anyone for hyping this so much. After all, in the past when weird cryptic things started happening with a slow buildup, it meant something huge and amazing. *cough cough* Baldwin *cough cough*

I didn't get into the hype, so this isn't really a letdown, but still, I do have an opinion on what is being done.

An exclusive familiar is nice, a collect familiars, and it'll find some use, and I'll get my butt over to the coliseum to train a few dragons to level 25, but that's it.

I don't buy gems, I don't have a lot of money, and the bonus isn't enough to tempt me.

Since I joined, I've come to see that even if the windows (which were inconsistent at the time, I joined in 2014) were an annoyance as a newbie, I came see why it was done that way, and that it very well could be an advantage. Hopefully, things won't go downhill with open registration, but for sure we will see an increase in bots and trolls.

The new gem item seems mostly useless to me, but it doesn't really matter, I almost never buy those kind of gem items anyway.

I know plenty of people love lore, but I'm not one of those people. I'll read it... and then almost always turn around and completely ignore it.

Also the waystone is something I will never use.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
Honestly, as a fairly? old? player, I fully believe that this was absolutely worth the hype. I came from a time where registration windows were a few hours, maybe a day, totally sporadic and months apart. Downtime happened, things were fairly slow, and I didn't even get the worst of it.
To have open registration means that we've come past all that. To see the site grow from all that to being able to handle a steady influx is amazing, to be honest. It's what the site has been working towards since it started.

In any case, if I'm on the topic of speaking my mind, some of these responses to it are... very needlessly negative, acting as if the entire site is ruined simply because one update didn't cater very specifically to what they wanted EXACTLY. I've seen a surprisingly low amount of vitriol towards the concept of open registration, more of it towards the hype this generated letting you down. I understand being let down when something isn't what you wanted. It's perfectly okay. I suppose what bothers me is the fact that the additions themselves seem to be attacked as annoying or bad, and thus by addition making those of us excited by them out to be bad or wrong in a way.

Anyways, this is just my two cents. Feel free to talk to be about anything I said or anything you can think of o/
Honestly, as a fairly? old? player, I fully believe that this was absolutely worth the hype. I came from a time where registration windows were a few hours, maybe a day, totally sporadic and months apart. Downtime happened, things were fairly slow, and I didn't even get the worst of it.
To have open registration means that we've come past all that. To see the site grow from all that to being able to handle a steady influx is amazing, to be honest. It's what the site has been working towards since it started.

In any case, if I'm on the topic of speaking my mind, some of these responses to it are... very needlessly negative, acting as if the entire site is ruined simply because one update didn't cater very specifically to what they wanted EXACTLY. I've seen a surprisingly low amount of vitriol towards the concept of open registration, more of it towards the hype this generated letting you down. I understand being let down when something isn't what you wanted. It's perfectly okay. I suppose what bothers me is the fact that the additions themselves seem to be attacked as annoying or bad, and thus by addition making those of us excited by them out to be bad or wrong in a way.

Anyways, this is just my two cents. Feel free to talk to be about anything I said or anything you can think of o/
fguisa.png
................e0gVkz3.png ................. 5hF3FGk.png
................. xj6Mn2e.png
................. CISPrku.png
................. etYYz4O.png
I didn't realize that this was hyped up beforehand, and I didn't even see this announcement coming. I've admittedly not been around the Discussion forums much, lately.

Anyway, I'm mostly in it for the familiar, which I'll jam into my vault once it's Awakened, like the rest. XD Absolutely gonna buy some more of them off of other players to keep for the future :D

Hopefully the site's "vibe" doesn't get trashed with a constant stream of new players; it will definitely be more difficult to give newbies the attention I always have tried to do. :(

And lore...I never really pay attention to it, to begin with. I might glance through it, but that's about it.

But I'll definitely be leveling fodder and will work on getting my lv20 to 25 with that bonus ;D

Overall, I think it's a nice update ^^
I didn't realize that this was hyped up beforehand, and I didn't even see this announcement coming. I've admittedly not been around the Discussion forums much, lately.

Anyway, I'm mostly in it for the familiar, which I'll jam into my vault once it's Awakened, like the rest. XD Absolutely gonna buy some more of them off of other players to keep for the future :D

Hopefully the site's "vibe" doesn't get trashed with a constant stream of new players; it will definitely be more difficult to give newbies the attention I always have tried to do. :(

And lore...I never really pay attention to it, to begin with. I might glance through it, but that's about it.

But I'll definitely be leveling fodder and will work on getting my lv20 to 25 with that bonus ;D

Overall, I think it's a nice update ^^
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
Disappointed. Such hype for.. Open reg and a fancy familiar? OK.
At least I can train up a lvl 25 IG
Disappointed. Such hype for.. Open reg and a fancy familiar? OK.
At least I can train up a lvl 25 IG
It's very bittersweet for me. I love FR's world and want to see the site grow and flourish. Additions to lore is the biggest thing I'm looking forward to, as I like to keep my own lore in line with it as much as possible. The familiar will be nice, the Coli bonus is great, and the cooldown scroll is a good compromise. I do think the staff made a mistake creating so much excitement for what essentially boils down to just being about open registration.

The staff deserve the income that open registration will bring. Personally though, I hate the idea of it. The most fun I've ever had with FR's community was back when reg windows were a few times a year, especially with the Suggestions forum when most threads weren't the same repeated things like stuff on Unnamed exalts. I don't fault new players for those things, it falls in the same vein as the humerous fae neck and glimmered pearlcatcher realization posts, but it does get tiring.
I imagine the forums will become a place I rarely visit anymore, and that's ok. I can still enjoy everything about the game on my own. I hope in the end, open reg becomes a benefit both to the community and to the staff.
It's very bittersweet for me. I love FR's world and want to see the site grow and flourish. Additions to lore is the biggest thing I'm looking forward to, as I like to keep my own lore in line with it as much as possible. The familiar will be nice, the Coli bonus is great, and the cooldown scroll is a good compromise. I do think the staff made a mistake creating so much excitement for what essentially boils down to just being about open registration.

The staff deserve the income that open registration will bring. Personally though, I hate the idea of it. The most fun I've ever had with FR's community was back when reg windows were a few times a year, especially with the Suggestions forum when most threads weren't the same repeated things like stuff on Unnamed exalts. I don't fault new players for those things, it falls in the same vein as the humerous fae neck and glimmered pearlcatcher realization posts, but it does get tiring.
I imagine the forums will become a place I rarely visit anymore, and that's ok. I can still enjoy everything about the game on my own. I hope in the end, open reg becomes a benefit both to the community and to the staff.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
you know the age limit will still be there when registration opens, right?
you know the age limit will still be there when registration opens, right?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8