Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Bounty of the elements
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@/notaname - People respect age limits in pet sites? Pretty sure they just lie until their grammar and attitude gives them away. Happens all the time on Neopets and whatnot, no matter how many times staff reduced someone's age and removed their forum acess for admitting to not being of the minimum age.
Unfortunately, it's a bit of an honor system, but FR can always put a rule to also ban users that admit they're under 13 on the forums.
@/notaname - People respect age limits in pet sites? Pretty sure they just lie until their grammar and attitude gives them away. Happens all the time on Neopets and whatnot, no matter how many times staff reduced someone's age and removed their forum acess for admitting to not being of the minimum age.
Unfortunately, it's a bit of an honor system, but FR can always put a rule to also ban users that admit they're under 13 on the forums.
QYzhmAi.png
i'm with the people who feel underwhelmed
i was looking forward to all those tweets the deities made and hyped, but now... hm, yeah

I always like new fams, but we get a lot of those anyway, without any dramatic foreshadowing
The lore is a nice thing, but then again, it has been years and it was time for lore anyway
As for the rest, I won't really use it, especially not that boon, I still don't see in which scenario it could ever make sense
Open reg, I know the site had been aiming for that but I have never been looking forward to it

To be honest, I thought all the deities talking would either introduce a new site feature, maybe an addition to the trading post, or a new breed :/
i'm with the people who feel underwhelmed
i was looking forward to all those tweets the deities made and hyped, but now... hm, yeah

I always like new fams, but we get a lot of those anyway, without any dramatic foreshadowing
The lore is a nice thing, but then again, it has been years and it was time for lore anyway
As for the rest, I won't really use it, especially not that boon, I still don't see in which scenario it could ever make sense
Open reg, I know the site had been aiming for that but I have never been looking forward to it

To be honest, I thought all the deities talking would either introduce a new site feature, maybe an addition to the trading post, or a new breed :/
qR6otwA.png
meh
meh
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
[quote name="notaname" date="2018-03-03 02:18:36" ] you know the age limit will still be there when registration opens, right? [/quote] You know that people lie about their age online, right? A surprisingly big amount of members on petsites/other games are in fact... Kids. Very, very young kids. A lot of times under 10 years old. I don't have anything against people younger than myself, but speaking from personal experience, after being a moderator on a fairly popular game a few years back, I can safely say that kids don't care about age limits. The tin may say you have to be 13, but a 9 year old isn't going to care. And I also think that parents shouldn't allow their children to have free access to online games until they're... At least 15.
notaname wrote on 2018-03-03 02:18:36:
you know the age limit will still be there when registration opens, right?

You know that people lie about their age online, right? A surprisingly big amount of members on petsites/other games are in fact... Kids. Very, very young kids. A lot of times under 10 years old. I don't have anything against people younger than myself, but speaking from personal experience, after being a moderator on a fairly popular game a few years back, I can safely say that kids don't care about age limits. The tin may say you have to be 13, but a 9 year old isn't going to care. And I also think that parents shouldn't allow their children to have free access to online games until they're... At least 15.
WBsJuD1.pngiQrvnPv.pngfvfrO0T.pngg2TOb2t.pngzy5WGDV.png
I'm very meh about this update. Not upset, not hyped. Just meh. I guessed it was going to be open reg, but I was kind of expecting a new map revamp to account for the flood of new users. I know the current map is very stylized and doesn't actually show the real size of the world, but something more grandiose would have been neat. It just feels very small as it is right now.

I look forward to the new familiar and the extra exp, but otherwise it's business as usual for me! Which is to say, drowning in dragon heaven.
I'm very meh about this update. Not upset, not hyped. Just meh. I guessed it was going to be open reg, but I was kind of expecting a new map revamp to account for the flood of new users. I know the current map is very stylized and doesn't actually show the real size of the world, but something more grandiose would have been neat. It just feels very small as it is right now.

I look forward to the new familiar and the extra exp, but otherwise it's business as usual for me! Which is to say, drowning in dragon heaven.
TyYgOYZ.png
I mean, is open registration really that less exciting than a map update that everyone was guessing this would be? Like, did you really want all the hype to be for a new picture?

Anyway, it’s not just about open registration either. The staff has repeatedly stated that getting open registration back was their number one priority for the site’s coding team. Now that that’s done, they can work on new features. That’s pretty exciting.
I mean, is open registration really that less exciting than a map update that everyone was guessing this would be? Like, did you really want all the hype to be for a new picture?

Anyway, it’s not just about open registration either. The staff has repeatedly stated that getting open registration back was their number one priority for the site’s coding team. Now that that’s done, they can work on new features. That’s pretty exciting.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8