Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Journey into Snowspire Caverns
1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 103 104
(first-off, words simply cannot sum up how amazing u are to have begun this, and in such detail too *o* it's actually??? astounding??? So fun, so complicated, hats doffed for you, squid! Thank you so much for running this!! anyways, without further ado. most everyone's gotten similar events so far anyways, so here's something v(o_o)v) [b]Log 1 - Snowspire Caverns[/b] [size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/66#post_25256358]Next[/url][/size] The [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=279801&tab=dragon&did=28949326]Death Seeker[/url] arrives with the letter accompanied by about as much fanfare as a newly budding leaf - that is, barely any, unless it was one of Nico's precious plants. It lets out a squawk as [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=279801&did=29155748]you[/url] carefully pull out the rolled-up length of parchment from the letterholder attached to the bird's leg. That done, it ruffles its dark feathers, waiting impatiently for its reward for undertaking such a perilous journey on its way here. You offer it a large beetle uncertainly, which it eagerly accepts before taking flight back to where Isra's quarters might be, you think. You can never really tell. Anyways! It has been a while since the official clan adventure squad had headed out in the aftermath of Hesperos' whole clusterclump of a drama, in all its Hes-dubbed 'edgy glory'. You kind of miss his puppet shows, which have been on hiatus for [i]ages[/i] now, but for now there are more important things to think about: this letter, for one. The parchment unravels fairly easily, and Marisol's ever-familiar spiel of a scrawl greets you first. [columns] [quote=Marisol] [i]My dearest Maru, I hope this first letter comes to you safely. Please do note that we'll all be writing on just the one letter, to conserve supplies, but it is yours and will be addressed to you, dear. Whether you want to pass on our messages or not is up to you! You choose what you want to do in your life, that freedom is yours! Do be cautious, though, knowledge is a powerful thing. Now, do thank Isra again, for lending us her wonderful crow friend; its gift of flight is much appreciated, although the giant green eye at its belly is awfully disconcerting. I write to you with all the love in my heart, and I write weekly to our ever-benevolent deities for the wellbeing and safety of you and all your lost siblings. How are you doing, Maru? Is your sentry squawker project going smoothly, or has its speaker system broken again? If you need more parts, remember, I'm sure Capade will be more than willing to come with you on another collection trip. Have you been eating well? Sleeping well? Onyx is taking care of you well, I know, but if there are any concerns you have, do not hesitate to tell me, please! How is the clan? Has Miss Eira stopped that infuriating tendency of hers yet? (If you need to make her take a break by brute force, then by all means do so, but make sure you enlist Zard's help as well - we don't want another cave-in because of misunderstandings again). ...But of course, you may be wanting to hear about us, too - far be it for me to refuse. Well, we entered the caverns today; Our guide, Harold, was quite a pleasant young dragon, despite his unfortunate lack of expression. That did pose some problem whenever Nephele had wanted to ask something, and your father was quite infuriated whenever their barely-surmountable language barrier hindered our progress. Well, at least we're here, now! The main tunnel was largely unsafe due to unstable ground, and the alternate path we took also led to a trench, so here we are now. At the bottom of a cavernous crack in the ground, but thankfully safe and sound, for now. [/i]Maybe[i] if the other two will just stop arguing about whether or not to risk collecting all the bats and plants they can get a hold of now 'in case', they'll realise that we already have enough preserved seafood and insects to last us a long while. Ample time for your father's testing of the native flora and fauna first, before we waste more energy than we need to. Yes, yes, I know you won't have read all of that - Lords above, I almost fell asleep writing all of that. Basically, we're all fine! This is quite an interesting place to explore, but I do hope we'll encounter something more interesting soon. Stay safe, Maru! I think of you always. Your loving mother, Marisol[/i][/quote] [nextcol] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/285125/28512489p.png[/img][/columns] [columns] [quote=Dysme] [i]P.S.: Hey, Elpis, it's your dad. No flowery waffle, here, but I can second your mother that we are both perfectly fine, thanks to me! And also Nephele. She helped too. [s]Marisol isn't telling you, but she's been collecting a few pieces of junk that we think you might like. Look forward to that, daughter of mine.[/s] Remind Capade to watch the eastern perimeter during patrols, Sir's intuitions haven't been wrong yet. Stay safe. Stay away from Isra's section of the lair. Keep an ear out for suspicious rumours flying around. If things get heated, Zard will not protest if you and the other hatchlings pack up and move in to sleep in his quarters.[/i] [/quote] [nextcol] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/284190/28418924p.png[/img] [/columns] At the very end of the letter, there is a small, fairly messy drawing of three dragons - a spiral, a skydancer, and a coatl - sitting around what looks like a messy scribble of what you assume is meant to be a campfire. Beside it, in a neat but quite disjointed print, clear evidence that the coatl may very well have been slacking off on improving her writing skills: [columns] [quote=Nephele] [i]WE ARE TIRED. BUT OKAY. YOU TOO I HOPE. NO TREASURE YET. MARI EXPLAINS MOST. SAY HI TO MORT. NOT AT FOOD-TIME THOUGH. REMIND BORG ZARD WILL MURDER HIM IF HE KEEPS TRYING TO INSULT EIRA. GIVE HIM MY LOVE. MY LOVE TO YOU ALSO. -YOUR AUNT NEPH[/i] [/quote] [nextcol] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/284327/28432640p.png[/img] [/columns] ...the letter ends here.
(first-off, words simply cannot sum up how amazing u are to have begun this, and in such detail too *o* it's actually??? astounding??? So fun, so complicated, hats doffed for you, squid! Thank you so much for running this!! anyways, without further ado. most everyone's gotten similar events so far anyways, so here's something v(o_o)v)

Log 1 - Snowspire Caverns
Next

The Death Seeker arrives with the letter accompanied by about as much fanfare as a newly budding leaf - that is, barely any, unless it was one of Nico's precious plants. It lets out a squawk as you carefully pull out the rolled-up length of parchment from the letterholder attached to the bird's leg. That done, it ruffles its dark feathers, waiting impatiently for its reward for undertaking such a perilous journey on its way here. You offer it a large beetle uncertainly, which it eagerly accepts before taking flight back to where Isra's quarters might be, you think. You can never really tell.
Anyways! It has been a while since the official clan adventure squad had headed out in the aftermath of Hesperos' whole clusterclump of a drama, in all its Hes-dubbed 'edgy glory'. You kind of miss his puppet shows, which have been on hiatus for ages now, but for now there are more important things to think about: this letter, for one.
The parchment unravels fairly easily, and Marisol's ever-familiar spiel of a scrawl greets you first.

Marisol wrote:
My dearest Maru,

I hope this first letter comes to you safely. Please do note that we'll all be writing on just the one letter, to conserve supplies, but it is yours and will be addressed to you, dear. Whether you want to pass on our messages or not is up to you! You choose what you want to do in your life, that freedom is yours! Do be cautious, though, knowledge is a powerful thing.
Now, do thank Isra again, for lending us her wonderful crow friend; its gift of flight is much appreciated, although the giant green eye at its belly is awfully disconcerting. I write to you with all the love in my heart, and I write weekly to our ever-benevolent deities for the wellbeing and safety of you and all your lost siblings.

How are you doing, Maru? Is your sentry squawker project going smoothly, or has its speaker system broken again? If you need more parts, remember, I'm sure Capade will be more than willing to come with you on another collection trip. Have you been eating well? Sleeping well? Onyx is taking care of you well, I know, but if there are any concerns you have, do not hesitate to tell me, please!
How is the clan? Has Miss Eira stopped that infuriating tendency of hers yet? (If you need to make her take a break by brute force, then by all means do so, but make sure you enlist Zard's help as well - we don't want another cave-in because of misunderstandings again).

...But of course, you may be wanting to hear about us, too - far be it for me to refuse. Well, we entered the caverns today; Our guide, Harold, was quite a pleasant young dragon, despite his unfortunate lack of expression. That did pose some problem whenever Nephele had wanted to ask something, and your father was quite infuriated whenever their barely-surmountable language barrier hindered our progress. Well, at least we're here, now! The main tunnel was largely unsafe due to unstable ground, and the alternate path we took also led to a trench, so here we are now. At the bottom of a cavernous crack in the ground, but thankfully safe and sound, for now.
Maybe if the other two will just stop arguing about whether or not to risk collecting all the bats and plants they can get a hold of now 'in case', they'll realise that we already have enough preserved seafood and insects to last us a long while. Ample time for your father's testing of the native flora and fauna first, before we waste more energy than we need to.
Yes, yes, I know you won't have read all of that - Lords above, I almost fell asleep writing all of that. Basically, we're all fine! This is quite an interesting place to explore, but I do hope we'll encounter something more interesting soon.

Stay safe, Maru! I think of you always.
Your loving mother,
Marisol
28512489p.png
Dysme wrote:
P.S.: Hey, Elpis, it's your dad. No flowery waffle, here, but I can second your mother that we are both perfectly fine, thanks to me! And also Nephele. She helped too. Marisol isn't telling you, but she's been collecting a few pieces of junk that we think you might like. Look forward to that, daughter of mine.
Remind Capade to watch the eastern perimeter during patrols, Sir's intuitions haven't been wrong yet. Stay safe. Stay away from Isra's section of the lair. Keep an ear out for suspicious rumours flying around. If things get heated, Zard will not protest if you and the other hatchlings pack up and move in to sleep in his quarters.
28418924p.png

At the very end of the letter, there is a small, fairly messy drawing of three dragons - a spiral, a skydancer, and a coatl - sitting around what looks like a messy scribble of what you assume is meant to be a campfire. Beside it, in a neat but quite disjointed print, clear evidence that the coatl may very well have been slacking off on improving her writing skills:

Nephele wrote:
WE ARE TIRED. BUT OKAY. YOU TOO I HOPE. NO TREASURE YET. MARI EXPLAINS MOST. SAY HI TO MORT. NOT AT FOOD-TIME THOUGH. REMIND BORG ZARD WILL MURDER HIM IF HE KEEPS TRYING TO INSULT EIRA. GIVE HIM MY LOVE. MY LOVE TO YOU ALSO.
-YOUR AUNT NEPH
28432640p.png

...the letter ends here.
ZR271yP.gifeASrqZ4.gif
Squidragon, you've taken on a Herculen task, and I heartily applaud all you're doing!! A brief (slightly silly) paraphrasing of the action from my team: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21546991] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/215470/21546991_350.png[/img] [/url] "'Don't?' Well, that clearly means 'Don't leave this part unexplored!'" (They forge onward.) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12114008] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121141/12114008_350.png[/img] [/url] "Ahh, some excellent samples here! Most intriguing." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18208426] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/182085/18208426_350.png[/img] [/url] "This part of the cavern looks dodgy. We should find another way." [b]ALL: "OOOOOH!!! SHINY THING!!!!!"[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18208426] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/182085/18208426_350.png[/img] [/url] "Perhaps we can make it through, though, if we tread carefully." [b]***CRASH CRUMBLE THUNDER ROAR***[/b] "We can't." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12114008] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121141/12114008_350.png[/img] [/url] "Hold on, Chaps! I've got you! Aaaand DOWN WE GO!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21546991] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/215470/21546991_350.png[/img] [/url] "We're alive!"
Squidragon, you've taken on a Herculen task, and I heartily applaud all you're doing!!

A brief (slightly silly) paraphrasing of the action from my team:

21546991_350.png

"'Don't?' Well, that clearly means 'Don't leave this part unexplored!'"

(They forge onward.)

12114008_350.png

"Ahh, some excellent samples here! Most intriguing."

18208426_350.png

"This part of the cavern looks dodgy. We should find another way."

ALL: "OOOOOH!!! SHINY THING!!!!!"

18208426_350.png

"Perhaps we can make it through, though, if we tread carefully."

***CRASH CRUMBLE THUNDER ROAR***

"We can't."

12114008_350.png

"Hold on, Chaps! I've got you! Aaaand DOWN WE GO!"

21546991_350.png

"We're alive!"

@Digdog
Pinging myself to edit my team's log when I get some time today!
@Digdog
Pinging myself to edit my team's log when I get some time today!
xWoPUjI.png
Finally got my first message
Quote:
When we finally came to our destination, we found the cave mouth to be a dark and foreboding sight. The stalactites and stalagmites stuck out like crooked teeth in a gaping maw, and the faded sign haphazardly nailed to the nearest tree simply said: 'Don't.' You might wonder what it was that we were not supposed to do, but to those of us standing at the gateway to those caverns, feeling the icy breeze ascending from the depths within, it was obvious. Don't enter.

Of course, that was exactly what we would later do. After making our camp for the night and taking an inventory of our food and equipment, we ate our breakfast, fastened our hooks and lamps carefully to our belts, waved goodbye to our trusty guide, and entered the cave.

The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of The J2M would go. Evoney had come to be the leader of the team - her inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together.

And so, we walked and walked and walked.

We were making our way through the passages, minding our own business, when the floor caved out beneath us. Bruised and battered by the falling rocks and disoriented by the sudden collapse, we found ourselves quickly plummeting to the bottom of a great trench.

Attempting to steady ourselves, we tried and failed to take flight, landing with a crash at the bottom of the pit. Although two of us were unharmed, Bilbo had sustained some heavy wounds as a result of the fall.

Evoney cast a quick healing spell, leaving Bilbo patched up and ready to continue on.

Tired and bruised after the long far too quick descent and day of walking, we decided that this would be as good a place as any to make our camp for the night. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.

What do I do now? Do I continue in a round robin or wait for the next message?

I'm going to add narrative to the event in the log:

Staring at the "Don't" sign, Merlin said, "Why would Paradicia send us somewhere so dangerous?"

"Gold, gems, and foraging opportunities are thin for our clan," said Bilbo "Now that we have so many members and more hatchlings on the way. Paradicia is a wise leader. She would not send us astray"

"Of course mother would never send us somewhere dangerous intentionally," said Evoney "but she can be a bit, well... airheaded."

"Don't insult our mother," said Bilbo. "She sent me here to lead you, but I need your cooperation."

"I think Evoney should lead," said Merlin.

"What? Why?" Bilbo was insulted.

"Well she's really smart and she's Paradicia's biological firstborn, which technically makes her a princess."

"I am that," said Evoney.

"The hubris," mumbled Bilbo as they entered the caves.

"Oh, wow!" exclaimed Evoney, looking up. "I don't think I've ever seen that species of bat before!"

"Bats?!" Merlin squealed.

"It's a cave, Merlin," said Bilbo. "Of course there are bats."

They walked deeper into the cave. Evoney was so busy looking around at the fascinating structure of the cave, Bilbo too busy looking stubbornly straight ahead, and Merlin too busy daydreaming, that none of them saw the loose rocks until they gave way. They plummeted to the bottom of the cavern.

"Is everyone okay?" asked Merlin.

"I'm fine," said Evoney. "Bilbo?" There was a groan. "Oh dear tidelord, Bilbo!"

Merlin and Evoney rushed over to him. "I'm sorry." said Evoney.

"No," said Bilbo "I was in front. This is on me." Evoney performed a healing spell on him. " Merlin was right," said Bilbo. Evoney looked up, questioning. "You do make a better leader."

Adopted brother and sister smiled at each other and they continued on.
Finally got my first message
Quote:
When we finally came to our destination, we found the cave mouth to be a dark and foreboding sight. The stalactites and stalagmites stuck out like crooked teeth in a gaping maw, and the faded sign haphazardly nailed to the nearest tree simply said: 'Don't.' You might wonder what it was that we were not supposed to do, but to those of us standing at the gateway to those caverns, feeling the icy breeze ascending from the depths within, it was obvious. Don't enter.

Of course, that was exactly what we would later do. After making our camp for the night and taking an inventory of our food and equipment, we ate our breakfast, fastened our hooks and lamps carefully to our belts, waved goodbye to our trusty guide, and entered the cave.

The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of The J2M would go. Evoney had come to be the leader of the team - her inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together.

We were making our way through the passages, minding our own business, when the floor caved out beneath us. Bruised and battered by the falling rocks and disoriented by the sudden collapse, we found ourselves quickly plummeting to the bottom of a great trench.

Attempting to steady ourselves, we tried and failed to take flight, landing with a crash at the bottom of the pit. Although two of us were unharmed, Bilbo had sustained some heavy wounds as a result of the fall.

Evoney cast a quick healing spell, leaving Bilbo patched up and ready to continue on.

Tired and bruised after the long far too quick descent and day of walking, we decided that this would be as good a place as any to make our camp for the night. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.

What do I do now? Do I continue in a round robin or wait for the next message?

I'm going to add narrative to the event in the log:

Staring at the "Don't" sign, Merlin said, "Why would Paradicia send us somewhere so dangerous?"

"Gold, gems, and foraging opportunities are thin for our clan," said Bilbo "Now that we have so many members and more hatchlings on the way. Paradicia is a wise leader. She would not send us astray"

"Of course mother would never send us somewhere dangerous intentionally," said Evoney "but she can be a bit, well... airheaded."

"Don't insult our mother," said Bilbo. "She sent me here to lead you, but I need your cooperation."

"I think Evoney should lead," said Merlin.

"What? Why?" Bilbo was insulted.

"Well she's really smart and she's Paradicia's biological firstborn, which technically makes her a princess."

"I am that," said Evoney.

"The hubris," mumbled Bilbo as they entered the caves.

"Oh, wow!" exclaimed Evoney, looking up. "I don't think I've ever seen that species of bat before!"

"Bats?!" Merlin squealed.

"It's a cave, Merlin," said Bilbo. "Of course there are bats."

They walked deeper into the cave. Evoney was so busy looking around at the fascinating structure of the cave, Bilbo too busy looking stubbornly straight ahead, and Merlin too busy daydreaming, that none of them saw the loose rocks until they gave way. They plummeted to the bottom of the cavern.

"Is everyone okay?" asked Merlin.

"I'm fine," said Evoney. "Bilbo?" There was a groan. "Oh dear tidelord, Bilbo!"

Merlin and Evoney rushed over to him. "I'm sorry." said Evoney.

"No," said Bilbo "I was in front. This is on me." Evoney performed a healing spell on him. " Merlin was right," said Bilbo. Evoney looked up, questioning. "You do make a better leader."

Adopted brother and sister smiled at each other and they continued on.
[b]Icecream Adventure Crew[/b] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6579740] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/65798/6579740.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5481890] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/54819/5481890.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7464710] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/74648/7464710.png[/img] [/url][/columns] After finally arriving at the cave entrance, Saniel, Mydaiel and Arien enter the dark and foreboding looking cave. The first bit is relatively uneventfull. [br] [quote name= "Log Day 1 - Rockfall"]As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Icecream Adventure Crew would go. Mydaiel had come to be the leader of the team - her inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together.[/quote] So instead of letting her wander off on her own, Saniel and Arien decide it is best to stick together and follow Mydaiel, who has too much a head of her own to argue with the other two about what might be the right way. [br] [quote name= "Log Day 1 - Rockfall"]As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Mydaiel stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, she stretched her wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.' As we were just about to turn around, we noticed something sparkling ever so slightly at the opposite end of the passage. Curiosity piqued, we decided to brave the unstable passage, treading as lightly as possible. [/quote] At least Mydaiel is that much of a teamplayer to notify the others about the uneven ground! But Arien caught a glimps of a sparkly thing and she just can't turn away without taking a look. might be treasrue after all! So the trio try to get to the other side anyway. [br] [quote name= "Log Day 1 - Rockfall"]Carefully making our way across the passageway, one step at a time, we had nearly reached the opposite end of the cavern when the floor caved out beneath us. Bruised and battered by the falling rocks and disoriented by the sudden collapse, we found ourselves quickly plummeting to the bottom of a great trench. Fortunately, Arien was quick to react. Easily stabilizing herself mid-air, the coatl pulled her companions back to the cliff's edge while the rocks that had just stood beneath us tumbled deep down into the darkness.[/quote] Trying to walk over unstable ground end just like you'd expect it to, and the ground collapses under their feet. But luckily Arien reacts quickly and is able to pull the others back onto the edge. She feels very bad about leading the others into this danger. Especially after the shining thing turned out to be just an old pickaxe. But she is glad that none of them were harmed during this event. [br] [quote name= "Log Day 1 - Rockfall"]Gazing down into the darkness below with little idea of how far down this pit might go, we prepared ourselves for the descent. Arien, confident that she could easily fly down to the bottom, led the way, weaving in and out between the pillars of ice and jagged rock edges. With her guidance, we were able to make our way to the bottom of the trench unharmed. [/quote] Standing on the edge of the dark chasm with the way out blocked by rubble, the trio decides to descend into the darkness. They did come here seeking for adventure after all and what could be more adventurous than a dark pit! Ariens flying abilities come handy again as she helps the other two on the way down to the bottom where they decide to camp for the night. [br] [quote name="Loot Day 1"][item=sea scorpion fossil][item=pickaxe][item=lead ore][/quote] Saniel took some rock samples and found an interesting looking fossil. Arien regretted that the shiny thing turned out to be just a pickaxe, but held on to it anyway. Might come in handy. Mydaiel doesn't give much for stones or old metal. She isn't looking for treasure here anyway. [br] ----- Can't wait how this will continue!! :D
Icecream Adventure Crew

6579740.png

5481890.png

7464710.png

After finally arriving at the cave entrance, Saniel, Mydaiel and Arien enter the dark and foreboding looking cave. The first bit is relatively uneventfull.

Log Day 1 - Rockfall wrote:
As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Icecream Adventure Crew would go. Mydaiel had come to be the leader of the team - her inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together.
So instead of letting her wander off on her own, Saniel and Arien decide it is best to stick together and follow Mydaiel, who has too much a head of her own to argue with the other two about what might be the right way.

As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Mydaiel stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, she stretched her wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.'

As we were just about to turn around, we noticed something sparkling ever so slightly at the opposite end of the passage. Curiosity piqued, we decided to brave the unstable passage, treading as lightly as possible.
At least Mydaiel is that much of a teamplayer to notify the others about the uneven ground! But Arien caught a glimps of a sparkly thing and she just can't turn away without taking a look. might be treasrue after all! So the trio try to get to the other side anyway.

Carefully making our way across the passageway, one step at a time, we had nearly reached the opposite end of the cavern when the floor caved out beneath us. Bruised and battered by the falling rocks and disoriented by the sudden collapse, we found ourselves quickly plummeting to the bottom of a great trench.

Fortunately, Arien was quick to react. Easily stabilizing herself mid-air, the coatl pulled her companions back to the cliff's edge while the rocks that had just stood beneath us tumbled deep down into the darkness.
Trying to walk over unstable ground end just like you'd expect it to, and the ground collapses under their feet. But luckily Arien reacts quickly and is able to pull the others back onto the edge. She feels very bad about leading the others into this danger. Especially after the shining thing turned out to be just an old pickaxe. But she is glad that none of them were harmed during this event.

Gazing down into the darkness below with little idea of how far down this pit might go, we prepared ourselves for the descent.

Arien, confident that she could easily fly down to the bottom, led the way, weaving in and out between the pillars of ice and jagged rock edges. With her guidance, we were able to make our way to the bottom of the trench unharmed.
Standing on the edge of the dark chasm with the way out blocked by rubble, the trio decides to descend into the darkness. They did come here seeking for adventure after all and what could be more adventurous than a dark pit!
Ariens flying abilities come handy again as she helps the other two on the way down to the bottom where they decide to camp for the night.

Loot Day 1 wrote:
Sea Scorpion Fossil Pickaxe Lead Ore
Saniel took some rock samples and found an interesting looking fossil. Arien regretted that the shiny thing turned out to be just a pickaxe, but held on to it anyway. Might come in handy. Mydaiel doesn't give much for stones or old metal. She isn't looking for treasure here anyway.

Can't wait how this will continue!! :D

All righty this is really late and doesn't give anyone any new info I don't think, but I want to play. squidragon, I am loving this already! :D It's awesome - I'm so looking forward to my next message, aaa!

NLwNQMp.png

The Lundlaevungar:
1HiizCv.png
Skadi
The Huntress
VWUGlcc.png
Mimir
The Pirate
bp7cKuT.png
Bucky
The Winter Soldier

Scenes from Day 1

NLwNQMp.png

Beneath an old and scraggly pine tree

Mimir sat hunched deep into his coat and twitched the brim of his hat down lower, pulling his frills tighter against his neck and curling in his wings. The wind was bitter cold and he was glad he'd had the foresight to wrap up warm. Unlike the other two members of his party, he was not born of Ice, and so was not protected from the elemental chill.

Skadi didn't seem to feel it at all through her thick Tundra coat as she sat, patiently waiting beside him, and Bucky never seemed to feel anything at all. He stood like a sentry on guard, scanning the frigid landscape for any sign of their erstwhile guide.

It had taken them three days to reach this point. Three days of travel from the Starfall Isles, with the temperature dropping around them at every wingbeat. They had procured the services of a Fae who was the same brilliant blue as his icy homeland around them. He had in turn led them on another lengthy trek onwards from the Fortress of Ends. Their twisting path had passed by enormous spires and trenches, over barren peaks and across fields of snow and ice, to bring them here: besides an elderly pine tree, pulled thin by the frigid wind and barely alive. Now they were waiting for their guide to return from his recce of the area – hoping that he would remember the path they had to take. It had already been a couple of hours. Mimir didn't have much hope left. Even his excitement at the prospect of treasure at the heart of Snowspire Caverns had begun to fade.

"We should all rest," Skadi pointed out with a look towards Bucky. Mimir had noted before they set out on this journey that even her kindliest words often sounded as harsh as the landscape she had been born into and this was no different: her advice came out almost like a threat.

Bucky ignored her. They sat in silence a while longer, as the sun began to sink into the white plains of ice around them, and Mimir started to shiver in earnest.

He silently cursed the Fae they had chosen as their guide. He was sure that between them, himself and Skadi could have navigated to the cave themselves - she with her knowledge of the territory and he with his knowledge of maps. He grumbled and curled his tail a little tighter around himself, and continued to wait. There was little else he could do, save prepare a tongue-lashing for when the Fae returned.

NLwNQMp.png

The entrance to the cave

The entrance to the cave looked no better by the light of morning than it had the night before when the Lundlaevungar finally reached it, accompanied by their guide, who had eventually returned to lead them the last few kilometres in total darkness.

Skadi wished in her heart that he had not come back, as she looked at the cave that morning. In the darkness, the cavern's mouth had looked like an open maw, stalactites and stalagmites sticking out like crooked teeth set to crunch down upon the unwary, and the daylight didn’t improve matters. With the rising of the sun, she spied a sign nailed to a tree close to the entrance. It simply read, "Don't." The caverns seemed, if anything, even more foreboding in contrast to the bright crystalline landscape around them. It was a dark hole, and not for the first time Skadi regretted her decision to come along with Mimir the treasure-hunter and Bucky, whose entire past was suspect, on their mission to the caves.

Yet she had come, to support her clan-mates in their respective madness, and she would not turn back now. She looked between them as she gathered up the provisions. Their guide, who had remained with them overnight, had disappeared with the coming of the sun - perhaps fearing that they might ask him to accompany them further, into a place he was not willing to go.

"You are sure you wish to enter?" she asked.

Bucky's eyes fixed on the dark cave. She wondered not for the first time what he hoped to find in there. Answers, maybe. Maybe something more sinister. Then he nodded.

"There could be untold riches down there," Mimir said, predictably, and snatched up a lamp.

Skadi sighed. They would enter the caves after all.

NLwNQMp.png

At a branch in the passageway

Skadi's fellow travellers were arguing - yet again - over which way they ought to go.

The first part of their journey had passed quietly: a few species of bats fluttered overhead, and as they walked they were able to collect both biological and geological samples. However, as they moved deeper into the caverns, and the pathways began to branch, Skadi's travelling companions became more and more fractious and argumentative with every crossroads and junction that they reached - until they came to this: a full-blown argument in the middle of a pitch-black passageway.

It was strange, she thought, to consider that the animated and passionate disagreement was coming from Mimir, a Fae, while Bucky simply stood stoically with his feet braced and refused to budge, repeating a single word ("No.") over and over as Mimir shouted himself into apoplexy.

It occurred to her that they were wasting valuable time.

"Listen!" she hissed, finally losing her temper and stepping between them. They went quiet, and all around them the silence welled up, filled by the dull creaks and moans of the ice. Skadi glared at Mimir and Bucky in turn. "Listen to that sound. Your ceaseless bickering will bring this whole cave down upon our heads! Now, tell me which way you each wish to go and why, and I will choose a path, and we will all go that way."

Mimir looked very much like he wanted to argue. Bucky's expression was difficult to read behind his mask. Yet they did as they were told, and when Skadi chose a different fork entirely, they fell in step behind her.

NLwNQMp.png

The Trench

After a long, long day of walking through the caverns, Bucky felt the earth beneath his feet become looser and more rocky. He slowed his pace to take care on the uneven ground, but then Mimir darted in front of him and held out his wing and forearm to stop him and Skadi both.

"Wait," the little Fae said. "The ground here isn't stable. We should find another path."

So the group turned back and started to retrace their steps, taking a slightly different route in the hopes of finding a way forward without going over too much old ground. After a while, they were confronted with a trench: a massive pit, filled with columns of ice and jagged rocks, with no indication of how deep it might be.

Mimir's quick actions, warning them of the dangers of the unstable ground, had earned him back some respect in Bucky's books after a long day of arguing over their path through the caves, interspersed with Skadi's unique form of mediation. So when they came to the trench, he was careful to choose a route that the little Fae - the smallest member of their group - would not find too difficult as he led the way down the sheer face of ice and rock towards the bottom.

He was used to looking out for a dragon far smaller than himself - though he'd be the first to admit that Mimir had little in common with his childhood friend.

When they reached the bottom, the three dragons made camp. Skadi and Mimir spent some time discussing their finds - a couple of bats and a chunk of amber that Mimir thought might be worth something when they got back to the surface - while Bucky took up a sentry position once again. He didn't feel the need for as much sleep as other dragons, and he knew he would be happier watching over his comrades in any case.

NLwNQMp.png
All righty this is really late and doesn't give anyone any new info I don't think, but I want to play. squidragon, I am loving this already! :D It's awesome - I'm so looking forward to my next message, aaa!

NLwNQMp.png

The Lundlaevungar:
1HiizCv.png
Skadi
The Huntress
VWUGlcc.png
Mimir
The Pirate
bp7cKuT.png
Bucky
The Winter Soldier

Scenes from Day 1

NLwNQMp.png

Beneath an old and scraggly pine tree

Mimir sat hunched deep into his coat and twitched the brim of his hat down lower, pulling his frills tighter against his neck and curling in his wings. The wind was bitter cold and he was glad he'd had the foresight to wrap up warm. Unlike the other two members of his party, he was not born of Ice, and so was not protected from the elemental chill.

Skadi didn't seem to feel it at all through her thick Tundra coat as she sat, patiently waiting beside him, and Bucky never seemed to feel anything at all. He stood like a sentry on guard, scanning the frigid landscape for any sign of their erstwhile guide.

It had taken them three days to reach this point. Three days of travel from the Starfall Isles, with the temperature dropping around them at every wingbeat. They had procured the services of a Fae who was the same brilliant blue as his icy homeland around them. He had in turn led them on another lengthy trek onwards from the Fortress of Ends. Their twisting path had passed by enormous spires and trenches, over barren peaks and across fields of snow and ice, to bring them here: besides an elderly pine tree, pulled thin by the frigid wind and barely alive. Now they were waiting for their guide to return from his recce of the area – hoping that he would remember the path they had to take. It had already been a couple of hours. Mimir didn't have much hope left. Even his excitement at the prospect of treasure at the heart of Snowspire Caverns had begun to fade.

"We should all rest," Skadi pointed out with a look towards Bucky. Mimir had noted before they set out on this journey that even her kindliest words often sounded as harsh as the landscape she had been born into and this was no different: her advice came out almost like a threat.

Bucky ignored her. They sat in silence a while longer, as the sun began to sink into the white plains of ice around them, and Mimir started to shiver in earnest.

He silently cursed the Fae they had chosen as their guide. He was sure that between them, himself and Skadi could have navigated to the cave themselves - she with her knowledge of the territory and he with his knowledge of maps. He grumbled and curled his tail a little tighter around himself, and continued to wait. There was little else he could do, save prepare a tongue-lashing for when the Fae returned.

NLwNQMp.png

The entrance to the cave

The entrance to the cave looked no better by the light of morning than it had the night before when the Lundlaevungar finally reached it, accompanied by their guide, who had eventually returned to lead them the last few kilometres in total darkness.

Skadi wished in her heart that he had not come back, as she looked at the cave that morning. In the darkness, the cavern's mouth had looked like an open maw, stalactites and stalagmites sticking out like crooked teeth set to crunch down upon the unwary, and the daylight didn’t improve matters. With the rising of the sun, she spied a sign nailed to a tree close to the entrance. It simply read, "Don't." The caverns seemed, if anything, even more foreboding in contrast to the bright crystalline landscape around them. It was a dark hole, and not for the first time Skadi regretted her decision to come along with Mimir the treasure-hunter and Bucky, whose entire past was suspect, on their mission to the caves.

Yet she had come, to support her clan-mates in their respective madness, and she would not turn back now. She looked between them as she gathered up the provisions. Their guide, who had remained with them overnight, had disappeared with the coming of the sun - perhaps fearing that they might ask him to accompany them further, into a place he was not willing to go.

"You are sure you wish to enter?" she asked.

Bucky's eyes fixed on the dark cave. She wondered not for the first time what he hoped to find in there. Answers, maybe. Maybe something more sinister. Then he nodded.

"There could be untold riches down there," Mimir said, predictably, and snatched up a lamp.

Skadi sighed. They would enter the caves after all.

NLwNQMp.png

At a branch in the passageway

Skadi's fellow travellers were arguing - yet again - over which way they ought to go.

The first part of their journey had passed quietly: a few species of bats fluttered overhead, and as they walked they were able to collect both biological and geological samples. However, as they moved deeper into the caverns, and the pathways began to branch, Skadi's travelling companions became more and more fractious and argumentative with every crossroads and junction that they reached - until they came to this: a full-blown argument in the middle of a pitch-black passageway.

It was strange, she thought, to consider that the animated and passionate disagreement was coming from Mimir, a Fae, while Bucky simply stood stoically with his feet braced and refused to budge, repeating a single word ("No.") over and over as Mimir shouted himself into apoplexy.

It occurred to her that they were wasting valuable time.

"Listen!" she hissed, finally losing her temper and stepping between them. They went quiet, and all around them the silence welled up, filled by the dull creaks and moans of the ice. Skadi glared at Mimir and Bucky in turn. "Listen to that sound. Your ceaseless bickering will bring this whole cave down upon our heads! Now, tell me which way you each wish to go and why, and I will choose a path, and we will all go that way."

Mimir looked very much like he wanted to argue. Bucky's expression was difficult to read behind his mask. Yet they did as they were told, and when Skadi chose a different fork entirely, they fell in step behind her.

NLwNQMp.png

The Trench

After a long, long day of walking through the caverns, Bucky felt the earth beneath his feet become looser and more rocky. He slowed his pace to take care on the uneven ground, but then Mimir darted in front of him and held out his wing and forearm to stop him and Skadi both.

"Wait," the little Fae said. "The ground here isn't stable. We should find another path."

So the group turned back and started to retrace their steps, taking a slightly different route in the hopes of finding a way forward without going over too much old ground. After a while, they were confronted with a trench: a massive pit, filled with columns of ice and jagged rocks, with no indication of how deep it might be.

Mimir's quick actions, warning them of the dangers of the unstable ground, had earned him back some respect in Bucky's books after a long day of arguing over their path through the caves, interspersed with Skadi's unique form of mediation. So when they came to the trench, he was careful to choose a route that the little Fae - the smallest member of their group - would not find too difficult as he led the way down the sheer face of ice and rock towards the bottom.

He was used to looking out for a dragon far smaller than himself - though he'd be the first to admit that Mimir had little in common with his childhood friend.

When they reached the bottom, the three dragons made camp. Skadi and Mimir spent some time discussing their finds - a couple of bats and a chunk of amber that Mimir thought might be worth something when they got back to the surface - while Bucky took up a sentry position once again. He didn't feel the need for as much sleep as other dragons, and he knew he would be happier watching over his comrades in any case.

NLwNQMp.png
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[center][b]Team:[/b] The Reluctant Spelunkers [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28062668][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/280627/28062668.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28785301][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/287854/28785301.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28109071][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/281091/28109071.png[/img][/url] [i]Madness | Whisper | Hemlock[/i][/center] [b]Day 1 Recap:[/b] Hemlock becomes the de facto leader due to his independent streak, but the other two were expecting to have to follow him to make sure he doesn't accidentally kill himself, so it's no surprise. Whisper's alertness to any possible dangers in their surroundings leads him to notice when the makeup of the ground beneath their feet changes and allows him to warn the others. Hemlock ignores the warning because he spots something shiny further on and his curiosity gets the better of him, so the other two are forced to follow him. They attempt to tread lightly, but with a massive guardian in tow it doesn't work. The ground gives way. Hemlock saves them all with his quick reflexes and flying skills... somehow. The other two are surprised and impressed. Hemlock then further impresses his companions by safely leading them down to the base of the chasm where they make camp for the night. Madness does nothing helpful the entire day. ~~~ Man, this is so much fun! Poor Madness, I knew the ground wouldn't bear his weight. XD And wow, the tiny little 108 kg. spiral was not only able to carry the 470 kg. pearlcatcher, but [i]also[/i] somehow support the bulk of the whopping 12,700 kg. guardian! I... I have no words. XD I can't explain it.
Team: The Reluctant Spelunkers

28062668.png 28785301.png 28109071.png
Madness | Whisper | Hemlock

Day 1 Recap:

Hemlock becomes the de facto leader due to his independent streak, but the other two were expecting to have to follow him to make sure he doesn't accidentally kill himself, so it's no surprise.

Whisper's alertness to any possible dangers in their surroundings leads him to notice when the makeup of the ground beneath their feet changes and allows him to warn the others.

Hemlock ignores the warning because he spots something shiny further on and his curiosity gets the better of him, so the other two are forced to follow him. They attempt to tread lightly, but with a massive guardian in tow it doesn't work. The ground gives way.

Hemlock saves them all with his quick reflexes and flying skills... somehow. The other two are surprised and impressed.

Hemlock then further impresses his companions by safely leading them down to the base of the chasm where they make camp for the night.

Madness does nothing helpful the entire day.

~~~

Man, this is so much fun!

Poor Madness, I knew the ground wouldn't bear his weight. XD And wow, the tiny little 108 kg. spiral was not only able to carry the 470 kg. pearlcatcher, but also somehow support the bulk of the whopping 12,700 kg. guardian! I... I have no words. XD I can't explain it.
A colorful chibi Mirror dragon. Image links to the dragon itself.colorful chaos
[b]Team Bloodbellow's Expedition Log Day 1[/b] [quote="Vryo's Log"] I'm already starting to regret coming along. It's [u]always[/u] cold, but then again, this is Ice territory. Maybe I'm just used to the heat of the constant decay? Anyways, I'll be the one keeping a log, since Visceral can't read and Starsign has horrible handwriting. You'd expect a Coatl, as "mystical" (I use that term very loosely) as herself, to at [i]least[/i] know cursive. Our guide, although I hate to admit it, was a Fae. Harold was his name. I'm pretty sure he was senile. Harold? More like Harancient! I bet he was older than Deispiram! We followed [s]the old coot who probably watched the Pillar crumble[/s] the guide for a couple hours, until he decided that we "passed the cave already". If we passed it already, I would have pointed it out. So we waited there like sitting ducks for whatever was in that damn forest for a few hours. Just at the point where I was about to rip my claws out of their beds for entertainment, the Fae popped out of some tree and said that we didn't pass it, but it was just up ahead. I honestly had to bite my tongue to keep myself from screaming and storming off right there. There might even be a new hole in it from that. Eventually, we found the [s]cold hellhole[/s] cave's entrance, and started exploring. Halfway through walking down the main tunnel, something felt off. I don't even know, but it was like something was out of place. So I turned, and there was something at the opposite end! Just as I was about to start flying there to get it, the floor crumbles out from under us. I was able to glide for a short bit, but Visceral started plummeting, and fast. His wings are more tattered than the PlagueBringer's, and it would be a cold day in the Molten Scar when they actually held his weight in flight. Fortunately, Starsign caught him and started lugging him back to the cliff. With our only exit blocked, we were forced to go down the trench. Starsign, with her the-deities-like-me-more-than-thou attitude, said something along the lines of a sign from the Shadowbinder guiding us, hence the darkness of the trench. If I was her, I wouldn't be preaching about how great her deity is when she's the only shadow dragon on the expedition. Deciding suddenly that she was most fit to lead, she stepped in front of Visceral and began flying down. I hate my life. May the PlagueBringer have mercy on our corpses. -Vryo [/quote]
Team Bloodbellow's Expedition Log
Day 1

Vryo's Log wrote:
I'm already starting to regret coming along. It's always cold, but then again, this is Ice territory. Maybe I'm just used to the heat of the constant decay? Anyways, I'll be the one keeping a log, since Visceral can't read and Starsign has horrible handwriting. You'd expect a Coatl, as "mystical" (I use that term very loosely) as herself, to at least know cursive.

Our guide, although I hate to admit it, was a Fae. Harold was his name. I'm pretty sure he was senile. Harold? More like Harancient! I bet he was older than Deispiram! We followed the old coot who probably watched the Pillar crumble the guide for a couple hours, until he decided that we "passed the cave already". If we passed it already, I would have pointed it out. So we waited there like sitting ducks for whatever was in that damn forest for a few hours. Just at the point where I was about to rip my claws out of their beds for entertainment, the Fae popped out of some tree and said that we didn't pass it, but it was just up ahead. I honestly had to bite my tongue to keep myself from screaming and storming off right there. There might even be a new hole in it from that.

Eventually, we found the cold hellhole cave's entrance, and started exploring. Halfway through walking down the main tunnel, something felt off. I don't even know, but it was like something was out of place. So I turned, and there was something at the opposite end! Just as I was about to start flying there to get it, the floor crumbles out from under us. I was able to glide for a short bit, but Visceral started plummeting, and fast. His wings are more tattered than the PlagueBringer's, and it would be a cold day in the Molten Scar when they actually held his weight in flight. Fortunately, Starsign caught him and started lugging him back to the cliff. With our only exit blocked, we were forced to go down the trench. Starsign, with her the-deities-like-me-more-than-thou attitude, said something along the lines of a sign from the Shadowbinder guiding us, hence the darkness of the trench. If I was her, I wouldn't be preaching about how great her deity is when she's the only shadow dragon on the expedition. Deciding suddenly that she was most fit to lead, she stepped in front of Visceral and began flying down.

I hate my life. May the PlagueBringer have mercy on our corpses.
-Vryo
she/her || 18 || FR +3:00 || sagittarius
Day 1
Quote:
After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, the derpinators, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.'

As these things always seem to go, the guide was not back shortly. We waited two and a half hours before he returned, by which point the sun had already begun to set and the nighttime chill set in. The fae touched down in the branches of the pine tree, turned to us, and said: 'Silly me! We hadn't passed it at all. It's just a few kilometers ahead.' And so, we gathered our gear and continued on.

The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of the derpinators would go. Nightshade had come to be the leader of the team - her inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together.

As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Kiki stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, she stretched her wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.'

As we were just about to turn around, we noticed something sparkling ever so slightly at the opposite end of the passage. Curiosity piqued, we decided to brave the unstable passage, treading as lightly as possible.

Carefully making our way across the passageway, one step at a time, we had nearly reached the opposite end of the cavern when the floor caved out beneath us. Bruised and battered by the falling rocks and disoriented by the sudden collapse, we found ourselves quickly plummeting to the bottom of a great trench.

Just as we had begun to fall, Sundrop muttered a few words beneath her breath, casting a spell that left us floating mid-air beside the cliff's edge while the rocks around us tumbled into the darkness below.

Stranded at the edge of the cliff with our return passage blocked beneath piles of rubble, there were two options. We could climb down into the trench below, or we could attempt to move the rubble and head back in the direction we came from. Feeling that the deepest parts of the caverns might hold the most fascinating secrets, we decided to try descending into the trench.

Gazing down into the darkness below with little idea of how far down this pit might go, we prepared ourselves for the descent.

Looking to the group and nodding, Sundrop whispered her spell, creating an elevator of wind with which to safely descend to the bottom, unharmed.

By the time we had reached what we thought to be the base of the trench, we were ready to make our camp for the day. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.
Day 1
Quote:
After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, the derpinators, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.'

As these things always seem to go, the guide was not back shortly. We waited two and a half hours before he returned, by which point the sun had already begun to set and the nighttime chill set in. The fae touched down in the branches of the pine tree, turned to us, and said: 'Silly me! We hadn't passed it at all. It's just a few kilometers ahead.' And so, we gathered our gear and continued on.

The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of the derpinators would go. Nightshade had come to be the leader of the team - her inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together.

As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Kiki stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, she stretched her wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.'

Just as we had begun to fall, Sundrop muttered a few words beneath her breath, casting a spell that left us floating mid-air beside the cliff's edge while the rocks around us tumbled into the darkness below.

Stranded at the edge of the cliff with our return passage blocked beneath piles of rubble, there were two options. We could climb down into the trench below, or we could attempt to move the rubble and head back in the direction we came from. Feeling that the deepest parts of the caverns might hold the most fascinating secrets, we decided to try descending into the trench.

Looking to the group and nodding, Sundrop whispered her spell, creating an elevator of wind with which to safely descend to the bottom, unharmed.

By the time we had reached what we thought to be the base of the trench, we were ready to make our camp for the day. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.
smLqC.gifXBPzf.gifW3eb9.gif
[center][FONT=SYLFAEN][SIZE=4][b]THE OBLIVION GUARD - DAY ONE[/b][/SIZE][/FONT] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26085743] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/260858/26085743.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29542897] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/295429/29542897.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29701641] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/297017/29701641.png[/img] [/url][/columns][/center][FONT=SYLFAEN] Cornelius does [b]not[/b] like cooperation and is salty about it. Reyha and Njali just tend to work on their own and watch out for the salty boy if he's in danger. Cornelius had decided to not seek out the the tunnel and was forced to seek out the trench. Everything went well until Cornelius knocked himself off. Njali was [s]of course[/s] here to save the day! Lessen learned : Njali is always here to save the day! (bless her poor soul tbh) TLDR: Njali & Reyha: Don't do it !! Cornelius: *does it* Njali and Reyha: oH MY GOD [/FONT]
THE OBLIVION GUARD - DAY ONE

26085743.png

29542897.png

29701641.png
Cornelius does not like cooperation and is salty about it. Reyha and Njali just tend to work on their own and watch out for the salty boy if he's in danger.

Cornelius had decided to not seek out the the tunnel and was forced to seek out the trench. Everything went well until Cornelius knocked himself off. Njali was of course here to save the day!

Lessen learned : Njali is always here to save the day! (bless her poor soul tbh)

TLDR: Njali & Reyha: Don't do it !!
Cornelius: *does it*
Njali and Reyha: oH MY GOD

x6tELKc.png
feed the stone
1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 103 104