Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Journey into Snowspire Caverns
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 103 104
I'm going to do a POV journal for each of the group members!

North, the Skydancer:

I had to wonder if this adventure would bring me the knowledge of what I wanted to know, especially since my dear mate Cardinal had pratically forced the clan leader's knight, miss Ariana, along with Emmie the bold antlered adventurer along with me. It just makes me seem like a weakling to them. I can't wait to show them that I'm not some child. But I do admit that this first day was a bit hectic. Our guide, a small blue Fae, led us to the maw of the cave, with a sign bluntly saying "Don't" nailed into a nearby fir tree. And the inside of that maw showed us why that sign was placed there. Between our collections of Ice flora and a wide variety of quartz and obsidian pieces, we had been observing the ice spikes that lined the walls and floor of the cave, and a odd feeling built in the pit of my stomach. When miss Ariana warned us of the weak flooring as we had gotten farther in the cave, a glint of what could be assumed to be some form of garnet glimmered at the other end of a trench. While I thought we should turn back, the other two had other plans. Ariana led us over the trench, but at one point, one of us must of stumbled because the walkway we were using collasped. Thanks to Emmie though, we were saved from a injurious fall, and stuck to the back of the thick-headed Tundra, we went down to the base of the pit that the walkway had been above. Now we're here at camp as Emmie and Ariana sip on a drink of coffee beans and raspberries; myself choosing to instead to finish my entry in the tent.

-North

Ariana, the Knight:

First things first, this place is FREEZING! Fire is the only thing keeping my fur from sticking together like mud. But I was given the job to protect North from the many dangers that tend to lie in caves. But this is the first time in forever that I have gone out of the territory for a job, and it surely is showing. When the Fae guide had brought us to the cave, North looked at the warning sign as if he was shocked that there was a sign in the first place. The cave entrance looked like it was the opening of a cave written in storybooks, but we hiked inside anyways. I have unofficialy been the leader for this expedition so far, as North and Emmie have been arguing pretty much about anything they possibly could. I had noticed the ground on the path I had led them through had been getting rocky though, and at one point, a trench with a thin walkway faced us. I had to stop the boys so that they would walk clear off the path though, and if it weren't for the bright red that could of only of came from a Hoarfrost Mauler of some sort, then I would of let the much lighter Skydancer test the path first. I wasn't going to let him get eaten by a bear though, so I figured I should scare it off. When the path fell apart, Emmie had gripped onto the wall of the cave to keep us from plummeting, and we decided to venture down to the base of the pit instead of trying to go back up and forfeiting anything we could of found here. In all honesty, I just didn't want to get face to face with the bear we had probably angered by taking out its only pathway to the cave. We just finished setting up camp for the night, and Emmie made us a hot raspberry coffee to keep us warm.

-Ariana the Loyal

Emmie, the Adventurer:

Caves aren't anything new for me, but this one has already thrown a couple (literal) stones at us. This place is a challenge for me, and really is no place for a lady nor the soft-clawed studies of North. It doesn't help that he thinks he knows everything either. It feels like I can't get anything through his big brain of his. If it were me, these two would be back home and I'b be doing this by myself.

When we entered the cave, a few bats flew above our heads, spooking the Skydancer and immediately putting the knight on high alert. And when North's little bodyguard brought us to a thin pathway, I immediately became excited. A shine of red gems or sonething must of caught the ladies eye, as she urged us to go on the rickety path. She was acting like the gems were going to leap out at her, as she was walking as if she was going to pounce on them at any second. Our weight made the pathway crumble under our feet as I scrambled to grip the ice-covered rock wall. North gripped himself onto my back, and I held Ariana by the scruff as if she was a hatchling, and I decided that going back up was pointless. Worse case scenario, the base of the pit would be filled with water, and I knew that at least two of us knew how to swim by default. We found instead that the pit was solid ice and granite on the bottom though, and at that point, we decided to camp for the night. I just hope the coffee will be enough to keep me from snapping the Skydancer like a toothpick.

-Emmie, the one and only
I'm going to do a POV journal for each of the group members!

North, the Skydancer:

I had to wonder if this adventure would bring me the knowledge of what I wanted to know, especially since my dear mate Cardinal had pratically forced the clan leader's knight, miss Ariana, along with Emmie the bold antlered adventurer along with me. It just makes me seem like a weakling to them. I can't wait to show them that I'm not some child. But I do admit that this first day was a bit hectic. Our guide, a small blue Fae, led us to the maw of the cave, with a sign bluntly saying "Don't" nailed into a nearby fir tree. And the inside of that maw showed us why that sign was placed there. Between our collections of Ice flora and a wide variety of quartz and obsidian pieces, we had been observing the ice spikes that lined the walls and floor of the cave, and a odd feeling built in the pit of my stomach. When miss Ariana warned us of the weak flooring as we had gotten farther in the cave, a glint of what could be assumed to be some form of garnet glimmered at the other end of a trench. While I thought we should turn back, the other two had other plans. Ariana led us over the trench, but at one point, one of us must of stumbled because the walkway we were using collasped. Thanks to Emmie though, we were saved from a injurious fall, and stuck to the back of the thick-headed Tundra, we went down to the base of the pit that the walkway had been above. Now we're here at camp as Emmie and Ariana sip on a drink of coffee beans and raspberries; myself choosing to instead to finish my entry in the tent.

-North

Ariana, the Knight:

First things first, this place is FREEZING! Fire is the only thing keeping my fur from sticking together like mud. But I was given the job to protect North from the many dangers that tend to lie in caves. But this is the first time in forever that I have gone out of the territory for a job, and it surely is showing. When the Fae guide had brought us to the cave, North looked at the warning sign as if he was shocked that there was a sign in the first place. The cave entrance looked like it was the opening of a cave written in storybooks, but we hiked inside anyways. I have unofficialy been the leader for this expedition so far, as North and Emmie have been arguing pretty much about anything they possibly could. I had noticed the ground on the path I had led them through had been getting rocky though, and at one point, a trench with a thin walkway faced us. I had to stop the boys so that they would walk clear off the path though, and if it weren't for the bright red that could of only of came from a Hoarfrost Mauler of some sort, then I would of let the much lighter Skydancer test the path first. I wasn't going to let him get eaten by a bear though, so I figured I should scare it off. When the path fell apart, Emmie had gripped onto the wall of the cave to keep us from plummeting, and we decided to venture down to the base of the pit instead of trying to go back up and forfeiting anything we could of found here. In all honesty, I just didn't want to get face to face with the bear we had probably angered by taking out its only pathway to the cave. We just finished setting up camp for the night, and Emmie made us a hot raspberry coffee to keep us warm.

-Ariana the Loyal

Emmie, the Adventurer:

Caves aren't anything new for me, but this one has already thrown a couple (literal) stones at us. This place is a challenge for me, and really is no place for a lady nor the soft-clawed studies of North. It doesn't help that he thinks he knows everything either. It feels like I can't get anything through his big brain of his. If it were me, these two would be back home and I'b be doing this by myself.

When we entered the cave, a few bats flew above our heads, spooking the Skydancer and immediately putting the knight on high alert. And when North's little bodyguard brought us to a thin pathway, I immediately became excited. A shine of red gems or sonething must of caught the ladies eye, as she urged us to go on the rickety path. She was acting like the gems were going to leap out at her, as she was walking as if she was going to pounce on them at any second. Our weight made the pathway crumble under our feet as I scrambled to grip the ice-covered rock wall. North gripped himself onto my back, and I held Ariana by the scruff as if she was a hatchling, and I decided that going back up was pointless. Worse case scenario, the base of the pit would be filled with water, and I knew that at least two of us knew how to swim by default. We found instead that the pit was solid ice and granite on the bottom though, and at that point, we decided to camp for the night. I just hope the coffee will be enough to keep me from snapping the Skydancer like a toothpick.

-Emmie, the one and only
jrNqxiw.gif[/left)
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1234979] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/12350/1234979.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2838482][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/28385/2838482.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1197978][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/11980/1197978.png[/img][/url] ((The idea of my tundra carrying a guardian to safety was somewhat comical, so I had to adjust what happened a little bit. Writing both Euclase's POV and Merlin's log took awhile, so I'll probably stick to a longer version of the log here on out.)) [i]"I can feel a deep trench below and the floor here is thin. If we continue on, it may collapse beneath us." [/i]Euclase felt her companions halt behind her, her eyes locked in front of her as she sent thin fingers of magic into the rock. While waiting in their guide had miffed Merlin, who was unmatched in her sense of direction, their journey so far hadn't posed any real challenges. Despite being the youngest her spelunking experience had quickly earned her a spot in the lead. She would not have had it any other way, but she wasn't used to judging the risk to others than herself, and wasn't sure how far to trust her instincts when it came to amateurs. "I think there's something at the other end," Merlin whispered behind her, and Euclase felt the tundra's fur brushing her heels. Sure enough, there was a glimmer of something up ahead- perhaps a rock reflecting the light of her lamp, perhaps something more. "Let's take a look." Danger aside, Euclase couldn't resist a mystery. "You two go first," a third voice rumbled, "I'm not quite so light on my feet." The guardian had put it lightly— even without her limp Chroma was several times the size and weight of her companions. On multiple occasions she'd had to crouch down just to fit through the passageways, and the loose rock here were ground beneath her feet. Her tail waved her assent, and Euclase set off creeping through the tunnel with Merlin right behind her. Her mind kept sending whispered warnings to her—[i]the ground was not stable here. Get out. Get out.[/i] But if they could just get a little further... The ground beneath them shattered with a thunderous boom. Euclase yelped, limbs flailing until she gained purchase on an outcropping that wasn't currently falling. The skydancer tucked her head against her chest and waited for the sound of breaking rocks to fade, leaving only a flurry of wingbeats. Easing her head back up, she saw that Merlin had taken to the wing and was helping Chroma regain her footing on what now was a ledge before the abyss. There were bats everywhere- their eyes gleaming in the dim light of her lamp. Below them the trench awaited, a pool of black where the jagged silhouettes of rocks crossed in and out of sight like ghosts. It was a long way down, but the longer Euclase looked the more potential pathways popped out at her. They could do this. [quote=Merlin's log] [i][b]Gala Expedition, Day 1 Rockfall[/b][/i] As the only member of team Wayerfarers to bring pen and paper, it has fallen onto me to transcribe our adventures. Our first day in the cavern labeled "Don't" has left us resting at the bottom of a deep trench, surrounded by bats we seem have inadvertently displaced. I've never seen so many of the wee night flappers before, but Euclase assures me their presence is normal for a cave this size. Chroma snapped up a few on the way down, but they're still quite bold and several have taken to perching on my horns. The others fear they will spoil our food stores if we get too friendly, but this place smells so still and lifeless that I welcome their company. It may be noteworthy to explain that we found this trench by all but falling in when the floor of a tunnel collapsed. There were no serious injuries, but the company took some minor scrapes and bruises coming down. More than enough, I think, to make us more wary of thin rocks underfoot in the future. [item=Nightwing bat] [item=Ashfall bat] [item=brown bat] [/quote]

1234979.png
2838482.png1197978.png
((The idea of my tundra carrying a guardian to safety was somewhat comical, so I had to adjust what happened a little bit. Writing both Euclase's POV and Merlin's log took awhile, so I'll probably stick to a longer version of the log here on out.))

"I can feel a deep trench below and the floor here is thin. If we continue on, it may collapse beneath us." Euclase felt her companions halt behind her, her eyes locked in front of her as she sent thin fingers of magic into the rock. While waiting in their guide had miffed Merlin, who was unmatched in her sense of direction, their journey so far hadn't posed any real challenges. Despite being the youngest her spelunking experience had quickly earned her a spot in the lead. She would not have had it any other way, but she wasn't used to judging the risk to others than herself, and wasn't sure how far to trust her instincts when it came to amateurs.

"I think there's something at the other end," Merlin whispered behind her, and Euclase felt the tundra's fur brushing her heels. Sure enough, there was a glimmer of something up ahead- perhaps a rock reflecting the light of her lamp, perhaps something more.

"Let's take a look." Danger aside, Euclase couldn't resist a mystery.

"You two go first," a third voice rumbled, "I'm not quite so light on my feet." The guardian had put it lightly— even without her limp Chroma was several times the size and weight of her companions. On multiple occasions she'd had to crouch down just to fit through the passageways, and the loose rock here were ground beneath her feet.

Her tail waved her assent, and Euclase set off creeping through the tunnel with Merlin right behind her. Her mind kept sending whispered warnings to her—the ground was not stable here. Get out. Get out.

But if they could just get a little further...

The ground beneath them shattered with a thunderous boom. Euclase yelped, limbs flailing until she gained purchase on an outcropping that wasn't currently falling. The skydancer tucked her head against her chest and waited for the sound of breaking rocks to fade, leaving only a flurry of wingbeats. Easing her head back up, she saw that Merlin had taken to the wing and was helping Chroma regain her footing on what now was a ledge before the abyss. There were bats everywhere- their eyes gleaming in the dim light of her lamp. Below them the trench awaited, a pool of black where the jagged silhouettes of rocks crossed in and out of sight like ghosts. It was a long way down, but the longer Euclase looked the more potential pathways popped out at her. They could do this.

Merlin's log wrote:
Gala Expedition, Day 1
Rockfall

As the only member of team Wayerfarers to bring pen and paper, it has fallen onto me to transcribe our adventures.

Our first day in the cavern labeled "Don't" has left us resting at the bottom of a deep trench, surrounded by bats we seem have inadvertently displaced. I've never seen so many of the wee night flappers before, but Euclase assures me their presence is normal for a cave this size. Chroma snapped up a few on the way down, but they're still quite bold and several have taken to perching on my horns. The others fear they will spoil our food stores if we get too friendly, but this place smells so still and lifeless that I welcome their company.

It may be noteworthy to explain that we found this trench by all but falling in when the floor of a tunnel collapsed. There were no serious injuries, but the company took some minor scrapes and bruises coming down. More than enough, I think, to make us more wary of thin rocks underfoot in the future.

Nightwing Bat Ashfall Bat Brown Bat
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
Squidragon: Sorry, I messed myself up on the form, can I change th team name "Riverflower" to "Swift River Expedition" instead? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25588942] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/255890/25588942.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2913509][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/29136/2913509.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28016203][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/280163/28016203.png[/img][/url] "Look at all these passages," Mobie said in wonderment. "There's so many." "Yes," Riversplash agreed. "Although I do not have the knowledge of the types of bats, they are still interesting." She stopped for a moment, than said, "This way, to the left." Vidar nodded and turned left, leading the group. The black Guardian grunted. "We shouldn't worry about little things. What's important is our main objective." He stepped on a loose stone and it skidded away, colliding with other rocks. He suddenly stopped, spreading his wings in front of his comrades. "Oh? Is there something up ahead?" Mobie asked, while Riversplash peered over Vidar's broad shoulders. "Maybe we shouldn't investigate it. Or something." "The ground ahead seems quite unstable," Vidar warned. "Perhaps we should try another path." "Better be cautious, although it doesn't seem like you to say so," Mobie joked. Vidar gave him a slight frown. "Yes, I can find another path for us," Riversplash said softly, after thinking for a moment. "We should go back to the previous tunnels and take the second right." "What a wonderful idea!" Mobie exclaimed. "You're really smart!" Vidar heaved a loud sigh. "Why did you have to choose him, Headmistress? You are the leader of our Clan, so you must know of the wise choices, like Ganix, for instance. He is a powerful warrior." Riversplash fixed him with a cool gaze. "Mobie has extensive abilities that are useful to a cave exploration. He also has a positive attitude, better than being pessimistic. Now I picked you because of your strength of a strong dragon, who will be able to aid us in any fights. You are strong enough to cover our firepower. Ganix is needed back at the Clan to run business while I am away. I know what you want to do, so I am giving you the chance to lead this expedition." Vidar stared at the other Guardian for a second, then told her, "You can continue telling us which way to go." They walked in silence for a few more minutes and came up to a deep trench. "We should go down there," Vidar decided, leaning over the edge of the abyss perilously. "You sure? We can't see what's below..." Mobie doubted. "We will go." Vidar held firm, and the big Imperial dragon gave in. He whispered his spell, and a whirlwind encircled the trio, lowering them to the ground safely. Once they had briefly scouted around for any dangers, they settled down to make camp. Vidar went out, caught to bats to eat, and found a chunk of mysterious mineral to bring with them. Movie and Riversplash set up camp, and once they did, Riversplash sat down and took out an empty journal. Vidar came back to find his Clan leader scribbling away in her journal with the green Imperial stretched out next to her. "Successful hunt," Vidar announced, two dead bats swinging on his claws. "Thank you, Vidar," Riversplash smiled, pausing her writing. "I am glad you thought for us. However, I will not eat, as both of you have worked very hard. Mobie and Vidar, you two you prevented harm from getting to us. I am quite busy with the log." Vista dipped his head. "Very well." He handed Mobie a bat, who said thanks in return. They rested for the rest of the night.
Squidragon: Sorry, I messed myself up on the form, can I change th team name "Riverflower" to "Swift River Expedition" instead?

25588942.png
2913509.png28016203.png

"Look at all these passages," Mobie said in wonderment. "There's so many."

"Yes," Riversplash agreed. "Although I do not have the knowledge of the types of bats, they are still interesting." She stopped for a moment, than said, "This way, to the left." Vidar nodded and turned left, leading the group.

The black Guardian grunted. "We shouldn't worry about little things. What's important is our main objective." He stepped on a loose stone and it skidded away, colliding with other rocks. He suddenly stopped, spreading his wings in front of his comrades.

"Oh? Is there something up ahead?" Mobie asked, while Riversplash peered over Vidar's broad shoulders. "Maybe we shouldn't investigate it. Or something."

"The ground ahead seems quite unstable," Vidar warned. "Perhaps we should try another path."

"Better be cautious, although it doesn't seem like you to say so," Mobie joked. Vidar gave him a slight frown.

"Yes, I can find another path for us," Riversplash said softly, after thinking for a moment. "We should go back to the previous tunnels and take the second right."

"What a wonderful idea!" Mobie exclaimed. "You're really smart!"

Vidar heaved a loud sigh. "Why did you have to choose him, Headmistress? You are the leader of our Clan, so you must know of the wise choices, like Ganix, for instance. He is a powerful warrior."

Riversplash fixed him with a cool gaze. "Mobie has extensive abilities that are useful to a cave exploration. He also has a positive attitude, better than being pessimistic. Now I picked you because of your strength of a strong dragon, who will be able to aid us in any fights. You are strong enough to cover our firepower. Ganix is needed back at the Clan to run business while I am away. I know what you want to do, so I am giving you the chance to lead this expedition."

Vidar stared at the other Guardian for a second, then told her, "You can continue telling us which way to go."

They walked in silence for a few more minutes and came up to a deep trench.

"We should go down there," Vidar decided, leaning over the edge of the abyss perilously.

"You sure? We can't see what's below..." Mobie doubted.

"We will go." Vidar held firm, and the big Imperial dragon gave in. He whispered his spell, and a whirlwind encircled the trio, lowering them to the ground safely. Once they had briefly scouted around for any dangers, they settled down to make camp.

Vidar went out, caught to bats to eat, and found a chunk of mysterious mineral to bring with them. Movie and Riversplash set up camp, and once they did, Riversplash sat down and took out an empty journal. Vidar came back to find his Clan leader scribbling away in her journal with the green Imperial stretched out next to her.

"Successful hunt," Vidar announced, two dead bats swinging on his claws.

"Thank you, Vidar," Riversplash smiled, pausing her writing. "I am glad you thought for us. However, I will not eat, as both of you have worked very hard. Mobie and Vidar, you two you prevented harm from getting to us. I am quite busy with the log."

Vista dipped his head. "Very well." He handed Mobie a bat, who said thanks in return.

They rested for the rest of the night.
MyfNmKq.png
DAY TWO: THE CAVES TORMENT OUR PROTAGONISTS, THE SEQUEL My dragons continue not listening to Very Good Advice including the dragon that is [i]giving[/i] said advice, then get their butts kicked by plants. [img]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ozwikia/images/d/da/WizardofOz_poppies.jpg[/img] and the lady has a headache so they all decide to sleep A+ ADVENTURING GUYS EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention. They collected some Nice Rocks, which will promptly be added to my collection. :')
DAY TWO: THE CAVES TORMENT OUR PROTAGONISTS, THE SEQUEL

My dragons continue not listening to Very Good Advice including the dragon that is giving said advice, then get their butts kicked by plants.

WizardofOz_poppies.jpg

and the lady has a headache so they all decide to sleep

A+ ADVENTURING GUYS

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention. They collected some Nice Rocks, which will promptly be added to my collection. :')
QQnBZuq.gif
[center][size=7]Team Frostbite, Day 2[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=135184&tab=dragon&did=25774356][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/257744/25774356.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=135184&tab=dragon&did=22119874][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/221199/22119874.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=135184&tab=dragon&did=12860319][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/128604/12860319.png[/img][/url][/center] [b]Dangerous plants: [/b] At first, the trench seemed barren— rocky walls and stone slides laced with thick columns of ice— but as the three progressed and found their way into wending passageways, they began to see more and more signs of life. Strange, twisted things spouted from the walls, and thick colonies of mushrooms occupied every niche in the stone. Astrid peered closely at the odd plants and fungi. She'd seen plants grow even in the darkness of the Shadowlands, but these seemed different...and ominous. There was no soil, no nutrients to feed this rampant growth, and the deep cold froze water before it could reach thirsty roots. "This is not good, yeah?" she muttered, bobbing her head and fluffing her feathered crest anxiously. She looked at her two companions. "I don't like this. We should find someplace else to be." Spark agreed fervently. The plants— or whatever they were— seemed like something gone horribly wrong in an alchemical accident. They pressed on, taking tunnels and pathways Astrid picked seemingly at random, but this entire segment of the cave was alive with plantlife. Some of it even glowed in the dark. Spark paused to stare at one particular cluster of phosphorescent fungi. The colors seemed to pulse. "Look at that," he mused aloud. "That mushroom's dancing. I didn't... don't... know... mushrooms c-could do that." His own voice reverberated weirdly. He blinked a few times. Maybe it would be nice to rest here for a little while. Up ahead on the path, Astrid swayed back and forth, occasionally snapping her wings open to help her keep her balance, looking like she'd drank too much of Wine's winter berry cordial. "Nap?" she slurred. "Izzit naptime?" Quartz lashed her tail, agitated. She also felt the soporific effects of the plantlife, and was now truly alarmed. "We must hurry," she said. She rummaged through their packs until she found a roll of spare cloth and quickly tied it around Spark's face. Astrid was more difficult; she kept trying to push Quartz away while sleepily giggling, but soon enough she was masked too. "Hurry!" Quartz snapped. When the two didn't start moving right away, Quartz nipped at Spark's flanks, making him leap forward in surprise. He crashed into Astrid, and Quartz shoved them all into motion again. Progress was slow at first, then faster as the effects of the odd plants and fungi wore off and the masks kept more from being inhaled. The team pushed on with renewed focus. They were deep into the cave now; turning back wasn't really an option now. The best thing was to forge on. Eventually, they came to an open cavern with high ceilings and much less growth than the previous tighter tunnels they'd been in. Quartz pulled her mask down and sniffed the air. "The air is better here," she said. The other two dragons slowly pulled off their make-shift masks, but the older Wildclaw was right; the air was safe here. Quartz peered around at the cavern, noting odd formations and glints of gemstones. "This is a good place to stop." Spark sighed in relief. "I'll see what's around," he said, pulling out a small rockhammer. This trip was going about as well as he'd expected.
Team Frostbite, Day 2

25774356.png 22119874.png12860319.png

Dangerous plants:

At first, the trench seemed barren— rocky walls and stone slides laced with thick columns of ice— but as the three progressed and found their way into wending passageways, they began to see more and more signs of life. Strange, twisted things spouted from the walls, and thick colonies of mushrooms occupied every niche in the stone.

Astrid peered closely at the odd plants and fungi. She'd seen plants grow even in the darkness of the Shadowlands, but these seemed different...and ominous. There was no soil, no nutrients to feed this rampant growth, and the deep cold froze water before it could reach thirsty roots.

"This is not good, yeah?" she muttered, bobbing her head and fluffing her feathered crest anxiously. She looked at her two companions. "I don't like this. We should find someplace else to be."

Spark agreed fervently. The plants— or whatever they were— seemed like something gone horribly wrong in an alchemical accident.

They pressed on, taking tunnels and pathways Astrid picked seemingly at random, but this entire segment of the cave was alive with plantlife. Some of it even glowed in the dark.

Spark paused to stare at one particular cluster of phosphorescent fungi. The colors seemed to pulse. "Look at that," he mused aloud. "That mushroom's dancing. I didn't... don't... know... mushrooms c-could do that." His own voice reverberated weirdly. He blinked a few times. Maybe it would be nice to rest here for a little while.

Up ahead on the path, Astrid swayed back and forth, occasionally snapping her wings open to help her keep her balance, looking like she'd drank too much of Wine's winter berry cordial. "Nap?" she slurred. "Izzit naptime?"

Quartz lashed her tail, agitated. She also felt the soporific effects of the plantlife, and was now truly alarmed.

"We must hurry," she said. She rummaged through their packs until she found a roll of spare cloth and quickly tied it around Spark's face. Astrid was more difficult; she kept trying to push Quartz away while sleepily giggling, but soon enough she was masked too. "Hurry!" Quartz snapped.

When the two didn't start moving right away, Quartz nipped at Spark's flanks, making him leap forward in surprise. He crashed into Astrid, and Quartz shoved them all into motion again.

Progress was slow at first, then faster as the effects of the odd plants and fungi wore off and the masks kept more from being inhaled. The team pushed on with renewed focus. They were deep into the cave now; turning back wasn't really an option now. The best thing was to forge on.

Eventually, they came to an open cavern with high ceilings and much less growth than the previous tighter tunnels they'd been in. Quartz pulled her mask down and sniffed the air.

"The air is better here," she said.

The other two dragons slowly pulled off their make-shift masks, but the older Wildclaw was right; the air was safe here.

Quartz peered around at the cavern, noting odd formations and glints of gemstones. "This is a good place to stop."

Spark sighed in relief. "I'll see what's around," he said, pulling out a small rockhammer. This trip was going about as well as he'd expected.

aQTk6ad.png
i'm slowly behind the curve, so i'm going to post my rp response for day 1 in a bit.
i'm slowly behind the curve, so i'm going to post my rp response for day 1 in a bit.
My dragons are so cautious and well-prepared and safe and sound I'm so happy these dorks omg. <3

Sacred: Let's get this over with.

Falltrail: What are these plants?

Methyl: You losers are gonna get lost for sure lmao ima make a map-

Falltrail: sTRANGE POWDER FOR PLANTS ALERT ABORT MISSION

Sacred: Oh look guys there seems to be gigantic cave dug out by some unknown monster here let's check it out.
My dragons are so cautious and well-prepared and safe and sound I'm so happy these dorks omg. <3

Sacred: Let's get this over with.

Falltrail: What are these plants?

Methyl: You losers are gonna get lost for sure lmao ima make a map-

Falltrail: sTRANGE POWDER FOR PLANTS ALERT ABORT MISSION

Sacred: Oh look guys there seems to be gigantic cave dug out by some unknown monster here let's check it out.
Ooooh strange magics are afoot!

Ftemtem is carefully keeping notes of EVERYTHING. Hrothgar: KILL IT! Northwind is calm and serene, as usual.
Ooooh strange magics are afoot!

Ftemtem is carefully keeping notes of EVERYTHING. Hrothgar: KILL IT! Northwind is calm and serene, as usual.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
My dragons didn't fall asleep because mysterious shadow mage cast protective barrier. Ishida is MVP this time. Though I'm surprised there wasn't more squabbling.
Quote:
We awoke to darkness and an eerie sense of silence. The only sounds were the distant drip of water and the occasional flutter of bat wings. Uncertain of whether it was day or night, but feeling rested enough, we figured this was as good a time as any to pack up and continue our journey.

We spent what seemed like hours wandering through the branching passageways, each coated in a number of different species of plant and fungus. It was almost uncanny how much life was growing down in these incredibly dark and phenomenally cold places.

As we continued to walk, collecting samples of the plantlife around us, when we noticed that we had started... *yawn* to grow.... *yawn* quite sleepy... That's funny... oooooh look at those colors..... spinningggggggg.....

Spinning colors is never a good sign, so Ishida Mitsunari paused for a moment and cast a protection spell on the group. Fortunately, this seemed to be effective. Having regained our wits, we wondered if maybe, just maybe, this was a bad idea.

Even though this place was clearly dangerous and these plants were clearly out to get us, we had already spent far too much time traveling through these passages to turn back now. No! We had to keep going, stay strong, and carry on!

By some miracle, our determination was met with success.

We eventually came to a large, open cavern with very little in the way of plants. The air was clear to breathe again, and this place contained a number of interesting samples for us to collect. After helping ourselves to some fascinating rocks and gemstones, we set up our camp for the night, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept.

edit: Loot was.. pollen, spores, and mold. xP
My dragons didn't fall asleep because mysterious shadow mage cast protective barrier. Ishida is MVP this time. Though I'm surprised there wasn't more squabbling.
Quote:
We awoke to darkness and an eerie sense of silence. The only sounds were the distant drip of water and the occasional flutter of bat wings. Uncertain of whether it was day or night, but feeling rested enough, we figured this was as good a time as any to pack up and continue our journey.

We spent what seemed like hours wandering through the branching passageways, each coated in a number of different species of plant and fungus. It was almost uncanny how much life was growing down in these incredibly dark and phenomenally cold places.

As we continued to walk, collecting samples of the plantlife around us, when we noticed that we had started... *yawn* to grow.... *yawn* quite sleepy... That's funny... oooooh look at those colors..... spinningggggggg.....

Spinning colors is never a good sign, so Ishida Mitsunari paused for a moment and cast a protection spell on the group. Fortunately, this seemed to be effective. Having regained our wits, we wondered if maybe, just maybe, this was a bad idea.

Even though this place was clearly dangerous and these plants were clearly out to get us, we had already spent far too much time traveling through these passages to turn back now. No! We had to keep going, stay strong, and carry on!

By some miracle, our determination was met with success.

We eventually came to a large, open cavern with very little in the way of plants. The air was clear to breathe again, and this place contained a number of interesting samples for us to collect. After helping ourselves to some fascinating rocks and gemstones, we set up our camp for the night, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept.

edit: Loot was.. pollen, spores, and mold. xP
iXNOttm.gif
Day 2 Unusual Botany
Quote:

In fact, it was too uncanny. Polynya, growing suspicious of the unusual lifeforms in the area, began to examine them in close detail. There was no good reason for them to be growing here so abundantly, with little source of nourishment, and something about them didn't seem quite right. After minutes of poking and prodding of leaves and mushrooms, Polynya turned to the group: 'I have a bad feeling about all this plantlife.'

Despite our curiosity, we decided that it would be in our best interest to trust our gut and try to find an alternate passage - one that wasn't coated in unusual plantlife.

As we went to turn around, we realized that we had become slightly disoriented in our walk and weren't sure which direction we came from.

Fortunately, Nimbogenitus was able to follow the footprints we had left on the way in. With his incredible tracking skill, we were easily able to find our way to an alternate, less-plant-filled series of caverns.

Having found a good number of fascinating samples along this new path, we were quite satisfied with our progress. After a few hours of following the small and winding tunnels, we eventually came to a massive, peculiarly straight tunnel with rough, ice-coated sides. It measured perhaps 100 meters in width and an equal number in height.

As we walked down this new and peculiar cavern, Nimbogenitus, came to a sudden realization and stopped, pointing in the direction we had just come from: 'I'd been thinking that something about this tunnel was unusual, and now I think I've realized why that is. It looks to have been recently dug out, and whatever created it is headed in that direction.'

Knowing that a great and terrible secret was waiting for us in the direction of this mysterious tunnel-digger, we turned around and began to follow it. Hoping that, whatever challenges it may bring, we would be able to face them.

We followed the tunnel as far as we could, but we had begun to grow tired. We were well behind the tunneling creature, and there seemed to be very little chance of us catching up, so we decided to make our camp and rest. Curling up together to preserve our warmth in the bitter cold of the icy cavern, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and slept.
Day 2 Unusual Botany
Quote:

In fact, it was too uncanny. Polynya, growing suspicious of the unusual lifeforms in the area, began to examine them in close detail. There was no good reason for them to be growing here so abundantly, with little source of nourishment, and something about them didn't seem quite right. After minutes of poking and prodding of leaves and mushrooms, Polynya turned to the group: 'I have a bad feeling about all this plantlife.'

Despite our curiosity, we decided that it would be in our best interest to trust our gut and try to find an alternate passage - one that wasn't coated in unusual plantlife.

As we went to turn around, we realized that we had become slightly disoriented in our walk and weren't sure which direction we came from.

Fortunately, Nimbogenitus was able to follow the footprints we had left on the way in. With his incredible tracking skill, we were easily able to find our way to an alternate, less-plant-filled series of caverns.

Having found a good number of fascinating samples along this new path, we were quite satisfied with our progress. After a few hours of following the small and winding tunnels, we eventually came to a massive, peculiarly straight tunnel with rough, ice-coated sides. It measured perhaps 100 meters in width and an equal number in height.

As we walked down this new and peculiar cavern, Nimbogenitus, came to a sudden realization and stopped, pointing in the direction we had just come from: 'I'd been thinking that something about this tunnel was unusual, and now I think I've realized why that is. It looks to have been recently dug out, and whatever created it is headed in that direction.'

Knowing that a great and terrible secret was waiting for us in the direction of this mysterious tunnel-digger, we turned around and began to follow it. Hoping that, whatever challenges it may bring, we would be able to face them.

We followed the tunnel as far as we could, but we had begun to grow tired. We were well behind the tunneling creature, and there seemed to be very little chance of us catching up, so we decided to make our camp and rest. Curling up together to preserve our warmth in the bitter cold of the icy cavern, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and slept.
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 103 104