Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Journey into Snowspire Caverns
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 103 104
[quote]so if you encountered a very slippery passage[/quote] If slippery passage meant this then I guess I might be one of those near misses too. Lave is the real MVP of this journey so far, with that handy dandy map that he seems to have. Coeus is just chilling in this log (pun probably intended), but he used his magic on the previous days so I guess I should give him some slack. But Techne hasn't done...anything... yet... But it's okay because I love that dragon so much. [quote]Moonpearls awoke within the cold and barren tunnel. After a quick meal, we packed up our gear and continued to follow the tunnel, wherever it might lead - hoping that this time we might actually be able to catch it if we moved quickly enough. Trying to keep as fast a pace as possible, we soon came to a turn in the tunnel, and then another turn, and then an intersection in which two equally round and equally straight tunnels crossed each other. If we wanted to find the creature, we would need to figure out which direction it was in presently. We examined the crossroads thoroughly and for quite a long time, but we still had no idea where it went. We decided to make a guess, and continued straight. We soon realized that the tunnels had led us round and round like a maze, and finding our way back would not be easy. At least, it would not have been easy if not for Lave, whose incredible map of the caverns would allow us to easily navigate the tunnels we had covered throughout the day. We picked out an interesting side passage that we had seen along the way and made our way back to it. As we walked, the tunnels grew less and less stone and more and more ice - very slippery ice. If any member of the team had claimed to not have fallen on their nose at least once, they would be lying. We all fell, many times, sliding across the floors and bumping into icy pillars and the occasional rock. It would have been hilarious, if not for what would happen next. There we were, slipping and sliding our way through the tunnel, when the tunnel began to incline steeply. It was too small for us to fly, and too late for us to try anyway. With one fateful step, we found ourselves plummeting faster and faster through the tunnel, when we began racing full speed towards a narrow crack in the floor of the passage. There was nothing we could do to prevent us from slipping through the cracks, so to speak, and we soon found ourselves sliding downwards faster and faster and faster until BAM! We crashed into a smooth stone floor. The force of the crash left us all feeling dazed and confused, such that we ended up taking a nap right then and there. It is for this reason, that this particular log was written the following morning. It was a miracle that none of us were hurt more than we were.[/quote]
Quote:
so if you encountered a very slippery passage

If slippery passage meant this then I guess I might be one of those near misses too. Lave is the real MVP of this journey so far, with that handy dandy map that he seems to have. Coeus is just chilling in this log (pun probably intended), but he used his magic on the previous days so I guess I should give him some slack. But Techne hasn't done...anything... yet... But it's okay because I love that dragon so much.

Quote:
Moonpearls awoke within the cold and barren tunnel. After a quick meal, we packed up our gear and continued to follow the tunnel, wherever it might lead - hoping that this time we might actually be able to catch it if we moved quickly enough.

Trying to keep as fast a pace as possible, we soon came to a turn in the tunnel, and then another turn, and then an intersection in which two equally round and equally straight tunnels crossed each other. If we wanted to find the creature, we would need to figure out which direction it was in presently.

We examined the crossroads thoroughly and for quite a long time, but we still had no idea where it went. We decided to make a guess, and continued straight.

We soon realized that the tunnels had led us round and round like a maze, and finding our way back would not be easy.

At least, it would not have been easy if not for Lave, whose incredible map of the caverns would allow us to easily navigate the tunnels we had covered throughout the day. We picked out an interesting side passage that we had seen along the way and made our way back to it.

As we walked, the tunnels grew less and less stone and more and more ice - very slippery ice. If any member of the team had claimed to not have fallen on their nose at least once, they would be lying. We all fell, many times, sliding across the floors and bumping into icy pillars and the occasional rock. It would have been hilarious, if not for what would happen next.

There we were, slipping and sliding our way through the tunnel, when the tunnel began to incline steeply. It was too small for us to fly, and too late for us to try anyway. With one fateful step, we found ourselves plummeting faster and faster through the tunnel, when we began racing full speed towards a narrow crack in the floor of the passage.

There was nothing we could do to prevent us from slipping through the cracks, so to speak, and we soon found ourselves sliding downwards faster and faster and faster until BAM! We crashed into a smooth stone floor.

The force of the crash left us all feeling dazed and confused, such that we ended up taking a nap right then and there. It is for this reason, that this particular log was written the following morning. It was a miracle that none of us were hurt more than we were.
WMCEgD8.pngBBbdtM7.gif9NebY9Q.gifECIFNWP.png
I was also in the bioluminescent caverns, but did not find a snake? Instead, I found a hole with glitter dust coming from it... I bet Stream was happy.
Did this happen to anyone else?
Quote:
Two Crazy Teenagers and Their Chaperone awoke suddenly to the site of a small glowing mouse sitting atop Stream's head. Shaking the creature off, we all stared at it in curiosity. It was covered in tiny bioluminescent baubles and, as we looked up, we could see several more similar creatures running around in the distance, their lights bobbing up and down in the passages of the cave.

After a few minutes of watching in confusion, we ate, packed our things, and followed the little glowing mice - wherever they might lead us.

As we progressed, we noticed a bright light coming from the cavern ahead. Following it, slightly worried about what it might be, we eventually came to a breathtaking sight. The passage opened up into a massive underground ecosystem where everything was bioluminescent. Little animals scurried around, glowing. Plants grew along the walls and up towards the ceiling, glowing. Glowing insects buzzed around glowing flowers and glowing bats slept atop the glowing ceiling. We wondered what the cause of this might be, and noticed a thin, clear dust drifting throughout the air of the room. Yet, we had no trouble breathing and did not seem to be experiencing any harmful effects.

Stream, pulling an assortment of complex equipment out of her pack, began to take samples of this dust for testing. Since this was such a lengthy process, the rest of us explored the glowing caverns, looking for interesting samples to take home. When she had finished, she called the group back together to say that, unfortunately, she had absolutely no idea what this was (although it was somehow very familiar), but, she had managed to figure out where it was coming from.

Stream, led us to a far corner of the bioluminescent caves and pulled aside the branches of a strange underground tree, revealing a relatively round hole in the ground, carved perfectly straight and cylindrical, descending deeper into the ground.

Staring down into the strangely circular pit as it spit out a strange dust, we wondered how far it descended. We kicked a rock inside and listened to it as it bounced against the walls before finally hitting the bottom. It was just large enough for us to squeeze through and, well, if we wanted to figure out what all this stuff was and where it was coming from, we might as well try going down.

Amethyst took a grappling hook out of her pack and fastened it to the top of the pit. she then led the way in our descent. Using her rope, we were able to make our way to the very bottom unharmed.

The bottom of the pit opened up into another series of caverns, these looking a bit more... manually made, than the others. We spent another few hours walking in the areas below, noticing pick marks in the walls and the occasional line etched into the floor. When we became tired, we made our camp, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept.
Edit: Ah, looks like some people got to the same area by avoiding the spider. Hmm.
I was also in the bioluminescent caverns, but did not find a snake? Instead, I found a hole with glitter dust coming from it... I bet Stream was happy.
Did this happen to anyone else?
Quote:
Two Crazy Teenagers and Their Chaperone awoke suddenly to the site of a small glowing mouse sitting atop Stream's head. Shaking the creature off, we all stared at it in curiosity. It was covered in tiny bioluminescent baubles and, as we looked up, we could see several more similar creatures running around in the distance, their lights bobbing up and down in the passages of the cave.

After a few minutes of watching in confusion, we ate, packed our things, and followed the little glowing mice - wherever they might lead us.

As we progressed, we noticed a bright light coming from the cavern ahead. Following it, slightly worried about what it might be, we eventually came to a breathtaking sight. The passage opened up into a massive underground ecosystem where everything was bioluminescent. Little animals scurried around, glowing. Plants grew along the walls and up towards the ceiling, glowing. Glowing insects buzzed around glowing flowers and glowing bats slept atop the glowing ceiling. We wondered what the cause of this might be, and noticed a thin, clear dust drifting throughout the air of the room. Yet, we had no trouble breathing and did not seem to be experiencing any harmful effects.

Stream, pulling an assortment of complex equipment out of her pack, began to take samples of this dust for testing. Since this was such a lengthy process, the rest of us explored the glowing caverns, looking for interesting samples to take home. When she had finished, she called the group back together to say that, unfortunately, she had absolutely no idea what this was (although it was somehow very familiar), but, she had managed to figure out where it was coming from.

Stream, led us to a far corner of the bioluminescent caves and pulled aside the branches of a strange underground tree, revealing a relatively round hole in the ground, carved perfectly straight and cylindrical, descending deeper into the ground.

Staring down into the strangely circular pit as it spit out a strange dust, we wondered how far it descended. We kicked a rock inside and listened to it as it bounced against the walls before finally hitting the bottom. It was just large enough for us to squeeze through and, well, if we wanted to figure out what all this stuff was and where it was coming from, we might as well try going down.

Amethyst took a grappling hook out of her pack and fastened it to the top of the pit. she then led the way in our descent. Using her rope, we were able to make our way to the very bottom unharmed.

The bottom of the pit opened up into another series of caverns, these looking a bit more... manually made, than the others. We spent another few hours walking in the areas below, noticing pick marks in the walls and the occasional line etched into the floor. When we became tired, we made our camp, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept.
Edit: Ah, looks like some people got to the same area by avoiding the spider. Hmm.
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
Yay, I got noticed by the Dungeon Master!

@Kalideoscope, my log was very similar to yours - with the exception that Sathonyx fell while climbing down the hole.
Yay, I got noticed by the Dungeon Master!

@Kalideoscope, my log was very similar to yours - with the exception that Sathonyx fell while climbing down the hole.
je1KGwo.png
[center][size=7]Team Frostbite, Day 3[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=135184&tab=dragon&did=25774356][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/257744/25774356.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=135184&tab=dragon&did=22119874][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/221199/22119874.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=135184&tab=dragon&did=12860319][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/128604/12860319.png[/img][/url][/center] [i](I'm a little behind here!)[/i] Spark was eating some nuts, feeling quite pleased. If only there wasn't something tickling him... The Skydancer jerked his head up, and a small glowing creature leapt to the cave floor and scurried away. He growled and rubbed at his forehead jewel; that silly little thing sat on his head and made him dream about being a mouse! As sleep cleared from his vision, he noticed lots of bouncing glowing dots: more mice. They were everywhere. "'Bout time you woke up," Asrid mumbled, chewing on something. "We've already breakfasted... or more correctly..." She swallowed and grinned toothily. "We still are. These things taste pretty good. I wonder if my insides are glowing?" Spark grimaced. "I'll eat as we walk." "Let's follow them," Quartz said suddenly, breaking her pensive silence. Astrid cheered, snapped up another mouse and flung it high into the air. "Alright! Let's follow the food!" She caught the rodent expertly between her teeth. Spark grimaced again at the crunching. ____
Team Frostbite, Day 3

25774356.png 22119874.png12860319.png

(I'm a little behind here!)

Spark was eating some nuts, feeling quite pleased.

If only there wasn't something tickling him...

The Skydancer jerked his head up, and a small glowing creature leapt to the cave floor and scurried away. He growled and rubbed at his forehead jewel; that silly little thing sat on his head and made him dream about being a mouse!

As sleep cleared from his vision, he noticed lots of bouncing glowing dots: more mice. They were everywhere.

"'Bout time you woke up," Asrid mumbled, chewing on something. "We've already breakfasted... or more correctly..." She swallowed and grinned toothily. "We still are. These things taste pretty good. I wonder if my insides are glowing?"

Spark grimaced. "I'll eat as we walk."

"Let's follow them," Quartz said suddenly, breaking her pensive silence.

Astrid cheered, snapped up another mouse and flung it high into the air. "Alright! Let's follow the food!" She caught the rodent expertly between her teeth.

Spark grimaced again at the crunching.

____

aQTk6ad.png
(I got the bioluminescent passage today with a giant spider. Is that 3A or 3B?)

North, the Skydancer:

Blessed be the Icewarden that we had Emmie, otherwise we'd be dead. We started our day with going through what could be said to be a chunk of the Tangled Wood. Everything glowed with its own color, but it felt oddly dark as well. Glowing mice and fungi were at our feet, and moss grew all over the frozen walls while fireflies and sparkbugs flew around glowing flowers. I walked a little closer to Ariana today, as I had to admit that it was a bit spooky, but I had collected a lot of new samples before IT came. A giant spider, whose only traces were footprints that Ariana had sniffed out, came down from the walls. Ariana pushed me back and knocked me down, getting in a defensive stance to try and protect me as Emmie jumped over us and started to confuse the giant bug before savagely attacking the creature. When the beast was slain, Emmie strutted over to us as Ariana gushed about how impressive that was. I gave him thanks, and it was probably the first time I actually was alright with the Tundra. Now, we sit here next to the fire, as I had tended to the large Tundra's wounds from the spider, and Ariana lays asleep.

Ariana, the Knight:

I have to wonder if this cave belongs to no one territory, as it feels like there is parts of every place here in this cave. First it was bears, then deadly plants, now giant spiders. The room the beast resided in was illuminated by all the glowing lights coming from this purplish moss and red-glowing mice that resided there. When I noticed the footprints of the arachnid, I immediately braced for an attack. When the bug showed itself, I pushed the Skydancer back to keep him away and acted as a shield as Emmie charged over to attack it. The spider put up a fight, but even with a few bites, Emmie brought down the monster. He decided to keep a fang from the creature, and he had came over to make sure we were okay. North even uttered a thanks, and it was the nicest the boys had been to each other the whole trip. When we finally set up camp in a icy sub-path, North bandaged up Emmie and I tended the fire.

Emmie, the Adventurer:

I'm glad I'm not an arachnaphobe, otherwise today might not of went so well. We had ended up in some glowing chamber because we follow some mouse, and it was as if we walked through the starry sky. But the spider decided to ruin our fun time. Ariana knocked over the scrawny Skydancer to guard him while I went to fight the bug. I ran around its tree-sized limbs to make it dizzy, then clawed up its body until I was able to rip the bug apart. My prize was one of the creatures fangs, and the knight acted like she was the damsel in distress even though it really was the guy that got us in this mess. North did swallow his pride long enough to thank me though, and to be honest, the guy isn't all that bad once some common sense has been knocked into him. I'm still really sore though, so I'm gonna end the log here.
(I got the bioluminescent passage today with a giant spider. Is that 3A or 3B?)

North, the Skydancer:

Blessed be the Icewarden that we had Emmie, otherwise we'd be dead. We started our day with going through what could be said to be a chunk of the Tangled Wood. Everything glowed with its own color, but it felt oddly dark as well. Glowing mice and fungi were at our feet, and moss grew all over the frozen walls while fireflies and sparkbugs flew around glowing flowers. I walked a little closer to Ariana today, as I had to admit that it was a bit spooky, but I had collected a lot of new samples before IT came. A giant spider, whose only traces were footprints that Ariana had sniffed out, came down from the walls. Ariana pushed me back and knocked me down, getting in a defensive stance to try and protect me as Emmie jumped over us and started to confuse the giant bug before savagely attacking the creature. When the beast was slain, Emmie strutted over to us as Ariana gushed about how impressive that was. I gave him thanks, and it was probably the first time I actually was alright with the Tundra. Now, we sit here next to the fire, as I had tended to the large Tundra's wounds from the spider, and Ariana lays asleep.

Ariana, the Knight:

I have to wonder if this cave belongs to no one territory, as it feels like there is parts of every place here in this cave. First it was bears, then deadly plants, now giant spiders. The room the beast resided in was illuminated by all the glowing lights coming from this purplish moss and red-glowing mice that resided there. When I noticed the footprints of the arachnid, I immediately braced for an attack. When the bug showed itself, I pushed the Skydancer back to keep him away and acted as a shield as Emmie charged over to attack it. The spider put up a fight, but even with a few bites, Emmie brought down the monster. He decided to keep a fang from the creature, and he had came over to make sure we were okay. North even uttered a thanks, and it was the nicest the boys had been to each other the whole trip. When we finally set up camp in a icy sub-path, North bandaged up Emmie and I tended the fire.

Emmie, the Adventurer:

I'm glad I'm not an arachnaphobe, otherwise today might not of went so well. We had ended up in some glowing chamber because we follow some mouse, and it was as if we walked through the starry sky. But the spider decided to ruin our fun time. Ariana knocked over the scrawny Skydancer to guard him while I went to fight the bug. I ran around its tree-sized limbs to make it dizzy, then clawed up its body until I was able to rip the bug apart. My prize was one of the creatures fangs, and the knight acted like she was the damsel in distress even though it really was the guy that got us in this mess. North did swallow his pride long enough to thank me though, and to be honest, the guy isn't all that bad once some common sense has been knocked into him. I'm still really sore though, so I'm gonna end the log here.
jrNqxiw.gif[/left)
Well, another crispy spider!

Troubleshooting so far:
Mirna: 2
Hechizo Carmesi: 1
Esme: 0 (:c let's give you a story...)

Right after defeating the spider:

Esme settled down for mid-day rest time, the animal life not as active now as when they first found the cave but she couldn't tell if it was a normal cycle or a reaction to the fight and fire display. She wasn't tired though, walking barely registered as an activity no matter how far they managed to travel and throwing up a shielding spell while Mirna cooked dinner the simple way had turned into something as easy as breathing with training.

Her sister was gorging on spider carcass with the appetite of a swarming Mirror; breaking off a piece, slurping the cooked insides, and throwing away the empty charred husk for the other critters to fight over. Given the all glowy condition of the place it turned into quite the show - little lights detaching from the ceiling, walls, and plants dancing down and around the remains, bigger lights approaching in start-stop motions, taking anything they could carry then streaking away in a literal flash or just staying crunching away.

Morbid, yeah, but pretty. It was a shame that the glow vanished almost instantly from their living samples.

"Here you go," Mirna said, carrying over a bunch of fluffy purple flowers still glowing softly. She set the bundle down in front of them, sitting close to share warmth. "These should be safe and tasty!"

"Thank you, Mentor." They tasted amazing and their Mentor had brought back enough to last for some days, the rations weren't bad but they were really dry. Also, Esme could use the task of dividing and securing the plants to pass the time while the other two slept.

As Mirna rose to leave, likely to go hunt down her own meal, she patted Esme's head, it felt warmer than usual - the residual effect of using Fire magic, but just as comforting. "Good job on the shield, little star."

Esme huffed, but leaned into the touch. "Just for the record, bugs don't count as sentient no matter how big they get."

Mirna laughed.
Well, another crispy spider!

Troubleshooting so far:
Mirna: 2
Hechizo Carmesi: 1
Esme: 0 (:c let's give you a story...)

Right after defeating the spider:

Esme settled down for mid-day rest time, the animal life not as active now as when they first found the cave but she couldn't tell if it was a normal cycle or a reaction to the fight and fire display. She wasn't tired though, walking barely registered as an activity no matter how far they managed to travel and throwing up a shielding spell while Mirna cooked dinner the simple way had turned into something as easy as breathing with training.

Her sister was gorging on spider carcass with the appetite of a swarming Mirror; breaking off a piece, slurping the cooked insides, and throwing away the empty charred husk for the other critters to fight over. Given the all glowy condition of the place it turned into quite the show - little lights detaching from the ceiling, walls, and plants dancing down and around the remains, bigger lights approaching in start-stop motions, taking anything they could carry then streaking away in a literal flash or just staying crunching away.

Morbid, yeah, but pretty. It was a shame that the glow vanished almost instantly from their living samples.

"Here you go," Mirna said, carrying over a bunch of fluffy purple flowers still glowing softly. She set the bundle down in front of them, sitting close to share warmth. "These should be safe and tasty!"

"Thank you, Mentor." They tasted amazing and their Mentor had brought back enough to last for some days, the rations weren't bad but they were really dry. Also, Esme could use the task of dividing and securing the plants to pass the time while the other two slept.

As Mirna rose to leave, likely to go hunt down her own meal, she patted Esme's head, it felt warmer than usual - the residual effect of using Fire magic, but just as comforting. "Good job on the shield, little star."

Esme huffed, but leaned into the touch. "Just for the record, bugs don't count as sentient no matter how big they get."

Mirna laughed.
ChnC9aU.gifZ4DhW7f.gift7I6jCj.gifWMCEgD8.png
[quote name="squidragon" date=2017-01-29 13:53:27] And everyone should now have their Day 3 Logs! 13 are headed to Log 4A 72 are headed to Log 4B 92 are headed to Log 4C 2 are headed to Log 4D [/quote] Wait... Just A, B, C and D? There are... 2 paths from the bioluminiscent cavern (the pit that ends in a manually made cavern and the massive tunnel you find if you fight the spider). 2 paths from the slippery passage (falling in the crack or avoiding the fall). There is also people following a strange creature. And someone crossed a lake (I would love to read that log, I can't find it, and I'm interested in knowing all possible paths). So... Some of these paths end in the same place?
squidragon wrote on 2017-01-29:
And everyone should now have their Day 3 Logs!

13 are headed to Log 4A
72 are headed to Log 4B
92 are headed to Log 4C
2 are headed to Log 4D

Wait... Just A, B, C and D?
There are... 2 paths from the bioluminiscent cavern (the pit that ends in a manually made cavern and the massive tunnel you find if you fight the spider).
2 paths from the slippery passage (falling in the crack or avoiding the fall).
There is also people following a strange creature.
And someone crossed a lake (I would love to read that log, I can't find it, and I'm interested in knowing all possible paths).

So... Some of these paths end in the same place?
I'm sorry if my English is not perfect. Please, correct me if I write something wrong!
W7kPZCe.png
probably a near miss also ^^
Quote:
Warm Winds awoke within the cold and barren tunnel. After a quick meal, we packed up our gear and continued to follow the tunnel, wherever it might lead - hoping that this time we might actually be able to catch it if we moved quickly enough.

Trying to keep as fast a pace as possible, we soon came to a turn in the tunnel, and then another turn, and then an intersection in which two equally round and equally straight tunnels crossed each other. If we wanted to find the creature, we would need to figure out which direction it was in presently.

Methyl began a careful inspection of the passages, trying to determine which one had been most recently traversed. It was difficult with little around but scattered rocks and ice, but we eventually were able to discern that the creature had taken a left turn most recently - and so we did the same.

As we continued in pursuit of the creature, we began to have second thoughts. What would we do when we found it? Clearly it was gigantic, and presumably dangerous. There was little way we could take it on in combat alone - and what if we found it and were unable to escape? We came to regret our decision to follow this thing and went to turn around.

We soon realized that the tunnels had led us round and round like a maze, and finding our way back would not be easy.

At least, it would not have been easy if not for Methyl, whose incredible map of the caverns would allow us to easily navigate the tunnels we had covered throughout the day. We picked out an interesting side passage that we had seen along the way and made our way back to it.

As we walked, the tunnels grew less and less stone and more and more ice - very slippery ice. If any member of the team had claimed to not have fallen on their nose at least once, they would be lying. We all fell, many times, sliding across the floors and bumping into icy pillars and the occasional rock. It would have been hilarious, if not for what would happen next.

There we were, slipping and sliding our way through the tunnel, when the tunnel began to incline steeply. It was too small for us to fly, and too late for us to try anyway. With one fateful step, we found ourselves plummeting faster and faster through the tunnel, when we began racing full speed towards a narrow crack in the floor of the passage.

In a moment of quick thinking, Sacred pulled an ice pick from her belt and jabbed it deep into the icy floor. The other members of the team grabbed on to her tail, preventing us from sliding straight into the depths of the ice. We carefully and slowly climbed our way up the incline and away from the crack. Having realized that the icy passage was far too dangerous, we made our way back to the stone caverns.

We spent the rest of the day wandering amongst a series of small but interesting caverns. Somewhere along the line, we began to notice pick marks in the walls and the occasional line etched into the floor, but nothing particularly interesting came of it. When we had grown tired, we made our camp, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept.
probably a near miss also ^^
Quote:
Warm Winds awoke within the cold and barren tunnel. After a quick meal, we packed up our gear and continued to follow the tunnel, wherever it might lead - hoping that this time we might actually be able to catch it if we moved quickly enough.

Methyl began a careful inspection of the passages, trying to determine which one had been most recently traversed. It was difficult with little around but scattered rocks and ice, but we eventually were able to discern that the creature had taken a left turn most recently - and so we did the same.

As we continued in pursuit of the creature, we began to have second thoughts. What would we do when we found it? Clearly it was gigantic, and presumably dangerous. There was little way we could take it on in combat alone - and what if we found it and were unable to escape? We came to regret our decision to follow this thing and went to turn around.

At least, it would not have been easy if not for Methyl, whose incredible map of the caverns would allow us to easily navigate the tunnels we had covered throughout the day. We picked out an interesting side passage that we had seen along the way and made our way back to it.

In a moment of quick thinking, Sacred pulled an ice pick from her belt and jabbed it deep into the icy floor. The other members of the team grabbed on to her tail, preventing us from sliding straight into the depths of the ice. We carefully and slowly climbed our way up the incline and away from the crack. Having realized that the icy passage was far too dangerous, we made our way back to the stone caverns.

We spent the rest of the day wandering amongst a series of small but interesting caverns. Somewhere along the line, we began to notice pick marks in the walls and the occasional line etched into the floor, but nothing particularly interesting came of it. When we had grown tired, we made our camp, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept.
For those who wanted a full account of the lake trail (@ElementDarkSoul) here's my version!

Odd Squad awoke to the steady dripping of water. It was warmer here, although only slightly. The stone walls of the cavern we had rested in were damp with a heavy steam that had flooded into the passage overnight. Although our vision was obscured by the fog, it was warmer than we had felt in quite a long time, so we didn't mind too much.

We ate and packed our things, hoping that our now-damp gear would not freeze over in a few hours when we returned to the inevitable chill of the Fortress of Ends.

Progress through the dark and foggy passages was slow. The droplets of water reflected the lights, making our lanterns useless, and without our lanterns we were completely blind. There was very little use in trying to keep up the pace of our previous days, so we kept our tails to the right wall and slowly felt our way through the passages, praying we wouldn't get ourselves lost. Jericho led the way, wondering all the while where the source of this fog might be. We found out with a single step, taken straight into an ice cold pool of water.

The cavern here opened up into a massive underground lake, stretching hundreds of meters in each direction. The mist here was heavy, hanging just above the surface of the water, allowing us to see above it by stretching towards the ceiling of the cavern, which was quite low. If we were to pass through this cavern, we knew that we had to try flying over it. Even if the water was not yet frozen, being wet and walking into the colder areas of the caves could be disastrous.

Knowing that, with such a tight space, flying might prove to be a bit too much of a challenge, Jericho dumped an entire pile of climbing hooks out of her pack. Taking two each, we climbed up onto the walls and carefully made our way around the right side of the lake, looking for another passage to follow.

We continued following the lake for quite a while, spotting no surface tunnels to venture into. There were numerous channels submerged underneath the lake that seemed like they might be of interest, but underwater travels were something we wanted to avoid. When we had circled around the lake in its entirety, ending up right where we had begun with no alternate paths in sight, we decided that we had no choice but to attempt to navigate the underwater paths.

Halvi took the lead, guiding the team through the watery tunnels. As we progressed through the channels, we became more and more disoriented. Perpetually running out of breath and having to return to the occasional pocket of air by the ceiling for a gasp of oxygen, it seemed that we might be trapped underwater forever. Unable to access our map without ruining it in the water, we began to feel more and more trapped, and more and more afraid.

There was no rest that night, as we had not yet found anywhere to rest. Exhausted and filled with so much regret, we continued our journey, ever seeking. As we traveled, Halvi began to shiver with cold, becoming increasingly ill by the moment.

Jericho tried to tend to him, but was unable to do enough to spare Halvi from becoming incapacitated.

We had been swimming for nearly 20 hours when mercy finally came. At the sight of land, we rushed out of the lake to dry off and rest. So exhausted from our journey, we did not even take the time to eat or make our camp before going to sleep.

Unfortunately for my dragos things didn't turn out so well... nothing good can come from the healer going down for the count :(
For those who wanted a full account of the lake trail (@ElementDarkSoul) here's my version!

Odd Squad awoke to the steady dripping of water. It was warmer here, although only slightly. The stone walls of the cavern we had rested in were damp with a heavy steam that had flooded into the passage overnight. Although our vision was obscured by the fog, it was warmer than we had felt in quite a long time, so we didn't mind too much.

We ate and packed our things, hoping that our now-damp gear would not freeze over in a few hours when we returned to the inevitable chill of the Fortress of Ends.

Progress through the dark and foggy passages was slow. The droplets of water reflected the lights, making our lanterns useless, and without our lanterns we were completely blind. There was very little use in trying to keep up the pace of our previous days, so we kept our tails to the right wall and slowly felt our way through the passages, praying we wouldn't get ourselves lost. Jericho led the way, wondering all the while where the source of this fog might be. We found out with a single step, taken straight into an ice cold pool of water.

The cavern here opened up into a massive underground lake, stretching hundreds of meters in each direction. The mist here was heavy, hanging just above the surface of the water, allowing us to see above it by stretching towards the ceiling of the cavern, which was quite low. If we were to pass through this cavern, we knew that we had to try flying over it. Even if the water was not yet frozen, being wet and walking into the colder areas of the caves could be disastrous.

Knowing that, with such a tight space, flying might prove to be a bit too much of a challenge, Jericho dumped an entire pile of climbing hooks out of her pack. Taking two each, we climbed up onto the walls and carefully made our way around the right side of the lake, looking for another passage to follow.

We continued following the lake for quite a while, spotting no surface tunnels to venture into. There were numerous channels submerged underneath the lake that seemed like they might be of interest, but underwater travels were something we wanted to avoid. When we had circled around the lake in its entirety, ending up right where we had begun with no alternate paths in sight, we decided that we had no choice but to attempt to navigate the underwater paths.

Halvi took the lead, guiding the team through the watery tunnels. As we progressed through the channels, we became more and more disoriented. Perpetually running out of breath and having to return to the occasional pocket of air by the ceiling for a gasp of oxygen, it seemed that we might be trapped underwater forever. Unable to access our map without ruining it in the water, we began to feel more and more trapped, and more and more afraid.

There was no rest that night, as we had not yet found anywhere to rest. Exhausted and filled with so much regret, we continued our journey, ever seeking. As we traveled, Halvi began to shiver with cold, becoming increasingly ill by the moment.

Jericho tried to tend to him, but was unable to do enough to spare Halvi from becoming incapacitated.

We had been swimming for nearly 20 hours when mercy finally came. At the sight of land, we rushed out of the lake to dry off and rest. So exhausted from our journey, we did not even take the time to eat or make our camp before going to sleep.

Unfortunately for my dragos things didn't turn out so well... nothing good can come from the healer going down for the count :(
a9JHvC5.gif
We found a very, very, very slippery passageway. And almost got all three of us installed permanent ice sculptures inside the tunnels. But, you know, we lived. [right][img]http://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/2c0d4066-e68b-11e6-9cc2-7fa1c8719177.gif[/img][/right] Emmet: You see, I saved them all with my handy-dandy icepick! (I mean, however you want to say it.) Umbra: Yes, I have to admit it, even though I hate saying you're right, you're right. You saved us and I have to thank you for that. Solstice: Well, we did get some amazing samples! Umbra; Yes, we did. [[i]Emmet, holding up sample.[/i]] Emmet: So true! Look at this! Solstice: Yes, it's great I love rocks and plants! Safe ones, anyhow. [[i]Everyone smiling and being safe.[/i]]
We found a very, very, very slippery passageway. And almost got all three of us installed permanent ice sculptures inside the tunnels. But, you know, we lived.
2c0d4066-e68b-11e6-9cc2-7fa1c8719177.gif

Emmet: You see, I saved them all with my handy-dandy icepick! (I mean, however you want to say it.)

Umbra: Yes, I have to admit it, even though I hate saying you're right, you're right. You saved us and I have to thank you for that.

Solstice: Well, we did get some amazing samples!

Umbra; Yes, we did.

i]Emmet, holding up sample.[/i

Emmet: So true! Look at this!

Solstice: Yes, it's great I love rocks and plants! Safe ones, anyhow.

i]Everyone smiling and being safe.[/i
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 103 104