Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, March 2016
1 2 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 112 113
I'm a little antsy over the idea of elemental only auctions, I don't really like the sound of that
I'm a little antsy over the idea of elemental only auctions, I don't really like the sound of that
Elsie | She / they|
I have a wishlist / trading thread! x
7J1Hgbi.pngYya65zH.pngy6Tz96p.png
Okay, let's look at something here.

I just searched "Unhatched" over in the AH, I just got 32 pages of unhatched eggs. There are 12 eggs per page, and the last page has 7 eggs. So right there we've got 379 individual eggs.

Let's just be really, really optimistic and say half of those eggs are scavenged. So we have 189 Coli-generated eggs.

If the new scroll drops at halfof the coli egg rate thats 94 copies of the gene just sitting there on a random Friday.

By comparison, searching "Giraffe" gives me 2 pages of hits, and page 2 only has 3 auctions. The MP gene only has 15 copies on the AH. I just checked in the Market and there are no Giraffe genes there. There's literally onlythe 15 game-available copies in the AH at this exact moment.

Can we stop thinking that a coli-only gene is somehow so totally unfair that no one can get it if they don't coli? Go the AH, and don't worry. A new gene that's only coli avaiable is going to be subject to soOOOOOOO much undercutting and overstocking that everyone's going to be sick of it in a week.

Not to mention everyone's going to be immediately geneing and breeding their own dragons....

For the sake of completion, searching "Giraffee in the dragon section gives me 35 pages of hits. So there's already at least 408 giraffe dragons ready for me to buy without bothering with the coli at all.

A coli-only gene is fine. NO one is going to be hurt or unable to get this gene in some fashion if it's coli-only.

I just searched "Unhatched" over in the AH, I just got 32 pages of unhatched eggs. There are 12 eggs per page, and the last page has 7 eggs. So right there we've got 379 individual eggs.

Let's just be really, really optimistic and say half of those eggs are scavenged. So we have 189 Coli-generated eggs.

If the new scroll drops at halfof the coli egg rate thats 94 copies of the gene just sitting there on a random Friday.

By comparison, searching "Giraffe" gives me 2 pages of hits, and page 2 only has 3 auctions. The MP gene only has 15 copies on the AH. I just checked in the Market and there are no Giraffe genes there. There's literally onlythe 15 game-available copies in the AH at this exact moment.

Can we stop thinking that a coli-only gene is somehow so totally unfair that no one can get it if they don't coli? Go the AH, and don't worry. A new gene that's only coli avaiable is going to be subject to soOOOOOOO much undercutting and overstocking that everyone's going to be sick of it in a week.

Not to mention everyone's going to be immediately geneing and breeding their own dragons....

For the sake of completion, searching "Giraffee in the dragon section gives me 35 pages of hits. So there's already at least 408 giraffe dragons ready for me to buy without bothering with the coli at all.

A coli-only gene is fine. NO one is going to be hurt or unable to get this gene in some fashion if it's coli-only.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
[quote name="Amut" date=2016-03-25 20:38:06] Okay, let's look at something here. I just searched "Unhatched" over in the AH, I just got 32 pages of unhatched eggs. There are 12 eggs per page, and the last page has 7 eggs. So right there we've got 379 individual eggs. Let's just be really, really optimistic and say half of those eggs are scavenged. So we have 189 Coli-generated eggs. If the new scroll drops at halfof the coli egg rate thats 94 copies of the gene just sitting there on a random Friday. By comparison, searching "Giraffe" gives me 2 pages of hits, and page 2 only has 3 auctions. The MP gene only has 15 copies on the AH. I just checked in the Market and there are no Giraffe genes there. There's literally onlythe 15 game-available copies in the AH at this exact moment. Can we stop thinking that a coli-only gene is somehow so totally unfair that no one can get it if they don't coli? Go the AH, and don't worry. A new gene that's only coli avaiable is going to be subject to soOOOOOOO much undercutting and overstocking that everyone's going to be sick of it in a week. Not to mention everyone's going to be immediately geneing and breeding their own dragons.... For the sake of completion, searching "Giraffee in the dragon section gives me 35 pages of hits. So there's already at least 408 giraffe dragons ready for me to buy without bothering with the coli at all. A coli-only gene is fine. NO one is going to be hurt or unable to get this gene in some fashion if it's coli-only. [/quote] 1) The Genes in the MP constantly refresh. There are only 15 available right now, but they are always going to be available. That wouldn't necessarily be the case with a coli-only gene. Plus, I can almost guarantee that guessing half of the available eggs are coli-eggs is a [i]vast [/i]overestimating. 2) You don't know how long those eggs have been sitting on the AH. How long someone has hoarded that egg in order to sell it in a treasure-crunch. The egg market is especially busy right now because of the Color Wheel expansion right around the corner. There are more eggs than normal and so not only are there just [i]more [/i]eggs but they are lower in price than they would be thanks to constant under-cutting. 3) I [i]can [/i]guarantee you that people will sell the coli-gene for exorbitantly high prices. Coli-genes, just by virtue of people attempting to get the money they feel necessary for their time spent in the coliseum, are going to price it high. Probably gem-gene levels of high. And since this gene was pegged to go into the Treasure MP, and really isn't so unique and pretty as to be that expensive or exclusive, it's iffy 4) Coliseum accessibility is still a wreck. 5) A core gameplay mechanic should not be sectioned off to players who can coli AND should not be left completely up to the RNG. NotN is [i]disastrous [/i]because of this fact: People spending 10 hours in the coli only to get nothing, and others popping in for an hour and getting copious amounts of items. That is inherently just unfair.
Amut wrote on 2016-03-25:

1) The Genes in the MP constantly refresh. There are only 15 available right now, but they are always going to be available. That wouldn't necessarily be the case with a coli-only gene. Plus, I can almost guarantee that guessing half of the available eggs are coli-eggs is a vast overestimating.

2) You don't know how long those eggs have been sitting on the AH. How long someone has hoarded that egg in order to sell it in a treasure-crunch. The egg market is especially busy right now because of the Color Wheel expansion right around the corner. There are more eggs than normal and so not only are there just more eggs but they are lower in price than they would be thanks to constant under-cutting.

3) I can guarantee you that people will sell the coli-gene for exorbitantly high prices. Coli-genes, just by virtue of people attempting to get the money they feel necessary for their time spent in the coliseum, are going to price it high. Probably gem-gene levels of high. And since this gene was pegged to go into the Treasure MP, and really isn't so unique and pretty as to be that expensive or exclusive, it's iffy

4) Coliseum accessibility is still a wreck.

5) A core gameplay mechanic should not be sectioned off to players who can coli AND should not be left completely up to the RNG. NotN is disastrous because of this fact: People spending 10 hours in the coli only to get nothing, and others popping in for an hour and getting copious amounts of items. That is inherently just unfair.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
The moment we've all been waiting for
The moment we've all been waiting for
Waiting 24/7 for death's sweet release (of their next hot mixtape of course)
And I agree with @McAlli
And I agree with @McAlli
Waiting 24/7 for death's sweet release (of their next hot mixtape of course)
Just fix the coli please.
Just fix the coli please.
tumblr_nmki1qAAMw1rfcmceo1_250.jpgraffleminibanner_1.jpg
@McAlli

I can't help but notice you didn't go after the giraffe dragons in the AH point. Your argument basically hinges only on people who want the scroll. What if they just want a dragon with the gene?

The first wave of scrolls aren't even going to hit the AH. They're most likely going to go directly onto dragons for hatchling sales.

So what if you can't get a scroll right away? You're going to see hatchlings with the genes you want almost on the spot, and undercutting will do the rest to knock down the price*.

The MP has 37 of the 39 genes available in the entire game. I think the coli can have 2 and not break the game.

*Edit: Giraffe was released, on the 6th. I'm already seeing 6,500T hatchlings** with it. Genes don't stay expensive, especially if they're going to be constantly feeding into the market through the coli. What else would people do with them? Hoardsell them if they don't get a million treasure? They'll keep relisting them for less and less and less... just like the eggs you were commenting about. Except the expansion boom is going to only happen once, and then we'll go back to gen1 normal, the scrolls are going to be constantly feeding in forever driving their own price down through oversupply.

**Edit-Edit: And it's a Plat-Silver... so it's not like only uggo dragons are selling for exalt bait with the new gene.
@McAlli

I can't help but notice you didn't go after the giraffe dragons in the AH point. Your argument basically hinges only on people who want the scroll. What if they just want a dragon with the gene?

The first wave of scrolls aren't even going to hit the AH. They're most likely going to go directly onto dragons for hatchling sales.

So what if you can't get a scroll right away? You're going to see hatchlings with the genes you want almost on the spot, and undercutting will do the rest to knock down the price*.

The MP has 37 of the 39 genes available in the entire game. I think the coli can have 2 and not break the game.

*Edit: Giraffe was released, on the 6th. I'm already seeing 6,500T hatchlings** with it. Genes don't stay expensive, especially if they're going to be constantly feeding into the market through the coli. What else would people do with them? Hoardsell them if they don't get a million treasure? They'll keep relisting them for less and less and less... just like the eggs you were commenting about. Except the expansion boom is going to only happen once, and then we'll go back to gen1 normal, the scrolls are going to be constantly feeding in forever driving their own price down through oversupply.

**Edit-Edit: And it's a Plat-Silver... so it's not like only uggo dragons are selling for exalt bait with the new gene.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
Cool
Cool
Some of these revamps sound pretty cool. Still waiting on being able to turn off my coli animations, since my computer doesn't like to run them, but the plans for the AH sound good. On the genes... They look too much like Piebald and Paint to me. Sorry.
Some of these revamps sound pretty cool. Still waiting on being able to turn off my coli animations, since my computer doesn't like to run them, but the plans for the AH sound good. On the genes... They look too much like Piebald and Paint to me. Sorry.
If Nocturne=Bat
And Imperial=Oriental/Chinese
I have a Chinese Bat Problem.
@Amut

Because I know that the gene will become common quickly. It happens with every gene, so there's no real need to talk about that. Hatchlings with the new genes will be everywhere, quickly, if the gene is popular. So there's no point with it.

But in the context of re-geneing a dragon that already exists, you need the scroll. That's the problem. The scroll itself is going to be massively inaccessible to people who cannot coli grind for one reason or another. I'm talking terms of "can't" not "won't" or "don't want to".

My complaint isn't even necessarily with time, it's just capability. Leaving the distribution of a gene up to the RNG is an explosion of frustration waiting to happen. On top of that, the accessibility problems of the Coli completely bar many players from the fair opportunity of acquiring the gene for nothing more than time. And since people who can coli-grind already have an advantage over those who cannot, as the coli is the most effective money-maker of FR, the idea of a core gameplay feature such as a Gene being sectioned off to an already kind of privileged player group is kind of like spitting in my face.

Forcing players who cannot coli-grind to pay exorbitant prices to those who can, which is what this is going to do, undoubtedly, massively tips the scale in favor of people with time and ability. I'm not saying that people who work more should not be given rewards for that work -- I'm saying that it's unfair to give them such a huge advantage over those who cannot, to almost penalize we players who cannot coli-grind to the same extent.

This could be the only coli-exclusive gene. But it could also set a precedent. And I definitely don't like the idea of that.

I might be more amiable to the idea if the Coliseum wasn't an absolute mess, if there were keystrokes, or even if the gene was a reward for a quest in the long-awaited Adventure Mode. But to be a drop in the Coli as it is now? I can't imagine that the gene will have a positive impact on the market. And the FR staff ignoring their disabled players is a concerning theme as well.

Edit: Glorious typos
@Amut

Because I know that the gene will become common quickly. It happens with every gene, so there's no real need to talk about that. Hatchlings with the new genes will be everywhere, quickly, if the gene is popular. So there's no point with it.

But in the context of re-geneing a dragon that already exists, you need the scroll. That's the problem. The scroll itself is going to be massively inaccessible to people who cannot coli grind for one reason or another. I'm talking terms of "can't" not "won't" or "don't want to".

My complaint isn't even necessarily with time, it's just capability. Leaving the distribution of a gene up to the RNG is an explosion of frustration waiting to happen. On top of that, the accessibility problems of the Coli completely bar many players from the fair opportunity of acquiring the gene for nothing more than time. And since people who can coli-grind already have an advantage over those who cannot, as the coli is the most effective money-maker of FR, the idea of a core gameplay feature such as a Gene being sectioned off to an already kind of privileged player group is kind of like spitting in my face.

Forcing players who cannot coli-grind to pay exorbitant prices to those who can, which is what this is going to do, undoubtedly, massively tips the scale in favor of people with time and ability. I'm not saying that people who work more should not be given rewards for that work -- I'm saying that it's unfair to give them such a huge advantage over those who cannot, to almost penalize we players who cannot coli-grind to the same extent.

This could be the only coli-exclusive gene. But it could also set a precedent. And I definitely don't like the idea of that.

I might be more amiable to the idea if the Coliseum wasn't an absolute mess, if there were keystrokes, or even if the gene was a reward for a quest in the long-awaited Adventure Mode. But to be a drop in the Coli as it is now? I can't imagine that the gene will have a positive impact on the market. And the FR staff ignoring their disabled players is a concerning theme as well.

Edit: Glorious typos
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
1 2 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 112 113