Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, March 2016
1 2 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 112 113
[quote name="Twizz" date=2016-03-25 16:48:59] This is all very exciting, especially the new genes! Not sure if it's been suggested yet but adding the option to search for First Gen/Gen1 dragons in the AH (regardless of whether they've been gene'd/scroll'd) would be incredibly helpful! Honestly, I would love to see this option added to the site-wide dragon search (along with being able to search for element like you can in the AH) but baby-steps. X3 [/quote] I support this!
Twizz wrote on 2016-03-25:
This is all very exciting, especially the new genes!

Not sure if it's been suggested yet but adding the option to search for First Gen/Gen1 dragons in the AH (regardless of whether they've been gene'd/scroll'd) would be incredibly helpful!

Honestly, I would love to see this option added to the site-wide dragon search (along with being able to search for element like you can in the AH) but baby-steps. X3

I support this!
VbrklUz.png9TDiR0b.pngeT0v5eI.png
Love the Python Gene, can't wait!
Love the Python Gene, can't wait!
lEdcn.gifu3aL3.gifbeLNF.gifXDNkF.gifThose who play with dragons tend to get burned
will we still be able to search for dragons by element though?
will we still be able to search for dragons by element though?
This has probably been mentioned already, but I would really, really love it if you could search items that stack by quantity. Just as an example of how this could be useful, if I'm trying to sell extra elemental currency during a festival and want to look at what my quantity is currently going for, I have to search through pages and pages of listings. Even if I try to narrow things down by taking a stab in the dark about the price range, it's still little annoying. So seriously...CHANGE THIS!
This has probably been mentioned already, but I would really, really love it if you could search items that stack by quantity. Just as an example of how this could be useful, if I'm trying to sell extra elemental currency during a festival and want to look at what my quantity is currently going for, I have to search through pages and pages of listings. Even if I try to narrow things down by taking a stab in the dark about the price range, it's still little annoying. So seriously...CHANGE THIS!
2l8cmkg.png
Please
need
ghost
for
fandragon
please

I personally think that python/morph looks a bit like daub...?
that may just be me... O-O
Please
need
ghost
for
fandragon
please

I personally think that python/morph looks a bit like daub...?
that may just be me... O-O
I am Subbed to all topics I create. If on another user's forum, Ping me @PhysIIk
[LF] Soil/Jungle/Coal Female
B4US4Db.png
I really appreciated the progress report section and I can't wait to see the auction house revamp ^0^
I really appreciated the progress report section and I can't wait to see the auction house revamp ^0^
n2PHQa3.png Im using an onscreen keyboard and non dominant hand to communicate so please excuse my typos, or if i come off as blunt. takes awhile to spell anything out ~Thanks :)
I'm so excited for everything! This is a huge improvement concerning taking player feedback to heart - which is our greatest asset as game designers. :)

The only thing that worries me is the Elemental Auctions. Since there are a LOT of players on here who get sort of snooty with flight pride, I only see this as a huge problem with players further alienating themselves and denying a mass of players the ability to purchase their items, simply because they're salty over losing the last dom battle, etc. Or just plain hate each other.

I get that it's a good financial move for you guys, but I don't see the benefits outweighing the risks by a long shot. This could wreck the whole site economy, and that's a grade A formula for total site death (look at how many people left Neopets in such a short amount of time!). This concerns me greatly - I don't want to see this site become a ghost town over a mistake like that.

Not to mention it will also mess with the flight system in general. Most players won't want to pay to change flights every few months to stay in the place with the best economy; and when you base a decision on frustration, the consumer is far more likely to just quit rather than fork over more real world cash to change flights (which is one of the reasons I'm sure you like it, not that I'm saying that's a bad thing).

As a game designer, you're always looking to uphold the integrity of your game and maximize profit. But there are times when a lucrative endeavor can turn around to bite you in the butt. The loss of thousands of paying customers doesn't seem worth it to me, since casual gamers are going to spend most of their money on spontaneous purchases and not buy into new plans that will essentially drain their wallet several times a year. (This is why freemium games such as FR can often be more successful than games with payment plans)

Messing with an established in-game economy is a mine field I really hope you don't venture into FR, even if you think it might put more money in your pockets.

All that aside, it's also just simply not fair to allow certain flights have better/worse economies than the others. It's ridiculous to think you could earn a ton of cash in one flight with a booming economy (and barely work for it), then change flights to one with a struggling economy to buy **** tons of stuff, when those flight members have a hard time making pennies.

It's just an unnecessary level of complication that could potentially end really, really badly.
I'm so excited for everything! This is a huge improvement concerning taking player feedback to heart - which is our greatest asset as game designers. :)

The only thing that worries me is the Elemental Auctions. Since there are a LOT of players on here who get sort of snooty with flight pride, I only see this as a huge problem with players further alienating themselves and denying a mass of players the ability to purchase their items, simply because they're salty over losing the last dom battle, etc. Or just plain hate each other.

I get that it's a good financial move for you guys, but I don't see the benefits outweighing the risks by a long shot. This could wreck the whole site economy, and that's a grade A formula for total site death (look at how many people left Neopets in such a short amount of time!). This concerns me greatly - I don't want to see this site become a ghost town over a mistake like that.

Not to mention it will also mess with the flight system in general. Most players won't want to pay to change flights every few months to stay in the place with the best economy; and when you base a decision on frustration, the consumer is far more likely to just quit rather than fork over more real world cash to change flights (which is one of the reasons I'm sure you like it, not that I'm saying that's a bad thing).

As a game designer, you're always looking to uphold the integrity of your game and maximize profit. But there are times when a lucrative endeavor can turn around to bite you in the butt. The loss of thousands of paying customers doesn't seem worth it to me, since casual gamers are going to spend most of their money on spontaneous purchases and not buy into new plans that will essentially drain their wallet several times a year. (This is why freemium games such as FR can often be more successful than games with payment plans)

Messing with an established in-game economy is a mine field I really hope you don't venture into FR, even if you think it might put more money in your pockets.

All that aside, it's also just simply not fair to allow certain flights have better/worse economies than the others. It's ridiculous to think you could earn a ton of cash in one flight with a booming economy (and barely work for it), then change flights to one with a struggling economy to buy **** tons of stuff, when those flight members have a hard time making pennies.

It's just an unnecessary level of complication that could potentially end really, really badly.
Well, these changes to the Auction House look pretty cool, but I must admit I don't get the point of the private auctions. Why wouldn't one just use the Crossroads instead of that? Usually you've already agreed on how much treasure you're going to trade for such and such a dragon, after all.
Well, these changes to the Auction House look pretty cool, but I must admit I don't get the point of the private auctions. Why wouldn't one just use the Crossroads instead of that? Usually you've already agreed on how much treasure you're going to trade for such and such a dragon, after all.
xpP2XdL.png
And oh god, please don't let something as big as new genes be based solely on luck. That's the whole reason so many people have been furious with NotN. Please don't make that same mistake twice ;;; Either way, people will have to work for them.

It's entirely unfair to let some players spend minimal time in the coli and be swimming in genes - then make others spend countless frustrating hours without a single thing to show for it. Difficulty is good for games, frustration and a sense of unfairness is not.
And oh god, please don't let something as big as new genes be based solely on luck. That's the whole reason so many people have been furious with NotN. Please don't make that same mistake twice ;;; Either way, people will have to work for them.

It's entirely unfair to let some players spend minimal time in the coli and be swimming in genes - then make others spend countless frustrating hours without a single thing to show for it. Difficulty is good for games, frustration and a sense of unfairness is not.
Hmm. Neat. I like all the proposed changes for the auction house. One thing to request, although absolutely not necessary: Can the private auctions allow multiple recipients?
Hmm. Neat. I like all the proposed changes for the auction house. One thing to request, although absolutely not necessary: Can the private auctions allow multiple recipients?
1 2 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 112 113