Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, March 2016
1 2 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
I'd appreciate being able to search the auction house by user. Some people sell more food or familiars than others, and it would be nice to see all their listings at once
I'd appreciate being able to search the auction house by user. Some people sell more food or familiars than others, and it would be nice to see all their listings at once
Dude you have no idea how much I've wanted the dragon section of the AH to have a hatchling/adult option
Dude you have no idea how much I've wanted the dragon section of the AH to have a hatchling/adult option
Maybe I glossed over this in the update or maybe someone already suggested this but it'd be sweet if you could choose an option to match your search to only show what you're actually searching for; like if you want to check out the current AH price for the Fly food item, you can have an option that won't make you have to search through pages of other items with "fly" in their names, and only display the Fly-item. :')
Maybe I glossed over this in the update or maybe someone already suggested this but it'd be sweet if you could choose an option to match your search to only show what you're actually searching for; like if you want to check out the current AH price for the Fly food item, you can have an option that won't make you have to search through pages of other items with "fly" in their names, and only display the Fly-item. :')
I would also love to be able to search by quantity. Going through pages single items to find a bargain batch of 5 gets tedious ;)
I would also love to be able to search by quantity. Going through pages single items to find a bargain batch of 5 gets tedious ;)
rJWIOZM.pngs8WoqhB.pngtDeKDnH.pngrats_badge.png[url][/url]a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.pngb2880355ddf0aa894dcb44a252fda40339df0df0.png
Idk if this has already been said, or not, but if there's three auction houses, I think you should be able to put a sale for each dragon in multiple houses.
For example, you could put a dragon for a cheaper price in your element's house than the global house.
Idk if this has already been said, or not, but if there's three auction houses, I think you should be able to put a sale for each dragon in multiple houses.
For example, you could put a dragon for a cheaper price in your element's house than the global house.
?YWzrX=party_oras.png
I didn't see this but are we going to be able to search by color ranges? I check the AH for dragons to breed with mine and I sometimes prefer the range. Like, Mulberry-Storm

I didn't see this but are we going to be able to search by color ranges? I check the AH for dragons to breed with mine and I sometimes prefer the range. Like, Mulberry-Storm

YMPbu9R.png
l7opz91.png
kCHWEjf.png
sh5xjiu.png
mtHAEL4.png
gVI5OAO.png
u1wgsSN.png
gYW0j5f.png
3adgzZD.png
gpaaIlI.png
l8NOdbs.png
DkUJ4j9.png
You know, it took me this long to even figure out what "Private Auctions" meant. Because it looked pretty much exactly like what the new CR already offers.

And it IS ridiculously redundant, and it's not even an auction, it's a sale. It's the dead-end trade from CR v.1 Look at what happens basically:

I post my dragon Doodle to User X
> I say to User X that I want 15k for the dragon.
>> I make Private Auction for Doodle for 15k.
>>> User X accepts trade for 15k.
OR
>>> User X pms me to try to haggle down price.
>>>> I do not relent but do say we can do it in mixed treasure/gems/items anyway.
>>>>>I cancel Private Auction and we go to CR to trade the 15k dragon for 10 gems, 2 gilded treasure chests and 4tk.
OR
>>>> I do not relent but do say we can do it in mixed treasure/gems/items anyway.
>>>>>User X says nope.
>>>>>> Trade gets canceled.

How is that any different from the old CR system, assuming it has the ability to trade items and currency at the same time, which doesn't seem guaranteed by the description? And more to it, why do we need a redundant system like that? The new CR takes care of the Private Auction thing anyway, by basically forcing you to only be able to offer a dragon to one person anyway.

The only thing that could sort of work like a "Private Auction/Quicksale" is an alternate option for the one-way delivery. Where you can get some code/link that autocomplets the trade so whomever can click the link first gets the dragon. Or it can be a "Quick-grab" 2-way trade option where can create a CR, get a code or link that you throw that into the forums and whoever meets the requirements of the CR gets the dragon. That's probably the closest thing to an auction the site can come up with given the CR's capabilities.

Quicksale/Quickgrab

>I make a CR for another dragon. I select "Quicksale" and set the price for 12k in treasure.

>>I get a link: www.flightrising.com/crossroads/quicksale/tradeid#

>>>I post the link over in some thread dedicated to quicksale link grabs. I make sure to comment that this quicksale is for 12k. Or the thread has a rule that only links up to 12k are allowed. (This spawns the 1T quicksale thread, the 20G quicksale thread...and so on...)

>>>>> User P madly clicks the link but only has 9k on hand "Insufficient Funds", their grab gets cancelled.

>>>>>>> User K has 45k on hand and clicks the link "trade completed" they get a dragon and I get 12k, no confirmations or discussions needed.

>>>>> User S has 15k and clicks right after User K, they get the "This trade has already been completed" error.

But anyway, all that stuff above was what I thought of as I wrote this.

I really posted to comment about the idea of searching by Age. I actually like the idea of being able to pick out adult dragons, BUT, I'm also involved in dom and sniping cheap adults is part of the game. If everyone can just cherry pick out the adults, then it's basically up to whoever has treasure to burn and a spot on the globe where they're awake during rollover where the new 5-day hatchlings become adults.

That's really not fair and puts a bit of an undue burden on anyone planning or participating in dom competitions because now instead of everyone being able to hunt whenever they can, they have to actively find people in particular timezones. And those people in specific timezones might feel unduly burdened by being tasked with sniping dragons for their Flight, maybe even with few people, comparatively, awake to help them with funds and taking dragons to clear space for them.

I see it as causing more problems than it solves.

My alternative is a SEARCH BY LEVEL option.

By default all hatchlings and unnamed adults are lv. 1. However, only named adults can be taken into the coli and leveled, and by doing so their value increases if only because of the raised exalt payout.

While I'm sure a search by level has issues, I think it causes fewer than a solid search by age component.

1) People aren't required to level their dragons. They can still post them unlevelled in the AH for whatever price they want, but people still have to manually sort them from the hatchlings. So there's always the option for ANYONE to be able to HUNT for adults in the regular AH at ANY time.

2) It raises the floor price of adult dragons in the AH. Currently I have trouble moving adult exalt fodder at over 9,500T. And I've had lv. 10 dragons not be picked up at 14k because they just looked like overpriced 9,5k fodder (their payout is 15k. But on the other hand, I've sold the same lv. 10s for 30-40k in the forum because I've been able to focus attention on to them as being leveled dragons). However, if people can see at a glance that I'm selling lv. 5-10s for whatever price, they can at least see why I've picked the price that I have and that they can turn and exalt it and not lose a chunk of money in the process. And shop around for their own coli team starters or whatever. A single fight in the Mire will take a dragon from lv. 1 to lv. 3, raising it's exalt floor price accordingly and thus prompt a higher selling price, which would be great to get more money exchanging hands between players rather than being generated by the server (in the form of "free" exalt treasure).

3) It would make selling leveled dragons easier. I had a lv. 25 fae trio, statted and stoned and I could not move them for 250k each in the AH. A look at where they landed showed that they, though they were all triple-gened, had landed in the company of gem-gened but completely unleveled dragons that were selling from as low as 100k to 300k, mine had treasure genes and were right in the middle. So no wonder no one bothered to notice they had something the other dragons didn't, (I eventually traded them in for raffle tickets.) Their level was not quickly obvious and there are no extra symbols to note if a dragon is "leveled/has stones/has something in the info area/etc."

Anyway... this is all really, really late... but better posting it sometime before any of these changes happen, so I can say I called the catastrophe back in May.....lol
You know, it took me this long to even figure out what "Private Auctions" meant. Because it looked pretty much exactly like what the new CR already offers.

And it IS ridiculously redundant, and it's not even an auction, it's a sale. It's the dead-end trade from CR v.1 Look at what happens basically:

I post my dragon Doodle to User X
> I say to User X that I want 15k for the dragon.
>> I make Private Auction for Doodle for 15k.
>>> User X accepts trade for 15k.
OR
>>>>>I cancel Private Auction and we go to CR to trade the 15k dragon for 10 gems, 2 gilded treasure chests and 4tk.
OR
>>>>>User X says nope.
>>>>>> Trade gets canceled.

How is that any different from the old CR system, assuming it has the ability to trade items and currency at the same time, which doesn't seem guaranteed by the description? And more to it, why do we need a redundant system like that? The new CR takes care of the Private Auction thing anyway, by basically forcing you to only be able to offer a dragon to one person anyway.

The only thing that could sort of work like a "Private Auction/Quicksale" is an alternate option for the one-way delivery. Where you can get some code/link that autocomplets the trade so whomever can click the link first gets the dragon. Or it can be a "Quick-grab" 2-way trade option where can create a CR, get a code or link that you throw that into the forums and whoever meets the requirements of the CR gets the dragon. That's probably the closest thing to an auction the site can come up with given the CR's capabilities.

Quicksale/Quickgrab

>I make a CR for another dragon. I select "Quicksale" and set the price for 12k in treasure.

>>I get a link: www.flightrising.com/crossroads/quicksale/tradeid#

>>>I post the link over in some thread dedicated to quicksale link grabs. I make sure to comment that this quicksale is for 12k. Or the thread has a rule that only links up to 12k are allowed. (This spawns the 1T quicksale thread, the 20G quicksale thread...and so on...)

>>>>> User P madly clicks the link but only has 9k on hand "Insufficient Funds", their grab gets cancelled.

>>>>>>> User K has 45k on hand and clicks the link "trade completed" they get a dragon and I get 12k, no confirmations or discussions needed.

>>>>> User S has 15k and clicks right after User K, they get the "This trade has already been completed" error.

But anyway, all that stuff above was what I thought of as I wrote this.

I really posted to comment about the idea of searching by Age. I actually like the idea of being able to pick out adult dragons, BUT, I'm also involved in dom and sniping cheap adults is part of the game. If everyone can just cherry pick out the adults, then it's basically up to whoever has treasure to burn and a spot on the globe where they're awake during rollover where the new 5-day hatchlings become adults.

That's really not fair and puts a bit of an undue burden on anyone planning or participating in dom competitions because now instead of everyone being able to hunt whenever they can, they have to actively find people in particular timezones. And those people in specific timezones might feel unduly burdened by being tasked with sniping dragons for their Flight, maybe even with few people, comparatively, awake to help them with funds and taking dragons to clear space for them.

I see it as causing more problems than it solves.

My alternative is a SEARCH BY LEVEL option.

By default all hatchlings and unnamed adults are lv. 1. However, only named adults can be taken into the coli and leveled, and by doing so their value increases if only because of the raised exalt payout.

While I'm sure a search by level has issues, I think it causes fewer than a solid search by age component.

1) People aren't required to level their dragons. They can still post them unlevelled in the AH for whatever price they want, but people still have to manually sort them from the hatchlings. So there's always the option for ANYONE to be able to HUNT for adults in the regular AH at ANY time.

2) It raises the floor price of adult dragons in the AH. Currently I have trouble moving adult exalt fodder at over 9,500T. And I've had lv. 10 dragons not be picked up at 14k because they just looked like overpriced 9,5k fodder (their payout is 15k. But on the other hand, I've sold the same lv. 10s for 30-40k in the forum because I've been able to focus attention on to them as being leveled dragons). However, if people can see at a glance that I'm selling lv. 5-10s for whatever price, they can at least see why I've picked the price that I have and that they can turn and exalt it and not lose a chunk of money in the process. And shop around for their own coli team starters or whatever. A single fight in the Mire will take a dragon from lv. 1 to lv. 3, raising it's exalt floor price accordingly and thus prompt a higher selling price, which would be great to get more money exchanging hands between players rather than being generated by the server (in the form of "free" exalt treasure).

3) It would make selling leveled dragons easier. I had a lv. 25 fae trio, statted and stoned and I could not move them for 250k each in the AH. A look at where they landed showed that they, though they were all triple-gened, had landed in the company of gem-gened but completely unleveled dragons that were selling from as low as 100k to 300k, mine had treasure genes and were right in the middle. So no wonder no one bothered to notice they had something the other dragons didn't, (I eventually traded them in for raffle tickets.) Their level was not quickly obvious and there are no extra symbols to note if a dragon is "leveled/has stones/has something in the info area/etc."

Anyway... this is all really, really late... but better posting it sometime before any of these changes happen, so I can say I called the catastrophe back in May.....lol
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
They should add a parameter to search for dragons by birthday. What if you only want May the 4th dragons, or Christmas dragons, or Valentine's day dragons... etc.
They should add a parameter to search for dragons by birthday. What if you only want May the 4th dragons, or Christmas dragons, or Valentine's day dragons... etc.
cFTYM2C.png
old-oaks-3.png
JsDpZej.png
battle_guild_by_lizziecat1279-daav9k1.png
1 2 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113