Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Pinkerton's Iron Run (Fire Emblem 3H)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Rosesinger That's fair, lol. Monsters can really be like that sometimes
@Rosesinger That's fair, lol. Monsters can really be like that sometimes
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
@MaplesHaiku They really can though! Thank goodness I don't have to deal with Marianne's paralogue this time
@MaplesHaiku They really can though! Thank goodness I don't have to deal with Marianne's paralogue this time
@Viivie @Edelgard @MaplesHaiku @PrinceOfSoup @Ern @Falinks @Tynethyne @Ailaris

War, Month 4: Great Tree Moon: The Battle for the Supreme Archer.

After capturing the bridge of Myrridean we, for some reason, turn back for Garrach Mach. Something that will continue to happen every month from now on no matter what little sense it makes. Well, at least our spies know where to find us! I didn’t even know we HAD spies Gilbert. I don’t think you are taking this partnership seriously.

The empire has been stockpiling troops in truly alarming numbers. Numbers that in our current state we can’t hope to beat. We can get some reinforcements from House Charon but it would be REALLY great if we could become rock-solid partners with the alliance. Everyone except Dimitri agrees that this is a great idea. Dimitri doesn’t think it’s a bad idea he just doesn’t care. We go and send some knights to communicate with Claude. Surely there is no way for this to go wrong.

BREAKING NEWS: There has been an eyewitness account! Dimitri still likes children! Or in his

During the month I finally reach Professor rank A. Nice. I can now afford to go to the Sauna regularly. I also find a witch that can use her dark powers to boost friendships and bind people’s souls for eternity. I can’t afford the Blood Moon Curse option but I do get Seteth and Manuela to maximum support. It was worth it. IT’S UP TO YOU NOW MANUELA! Gilbert also attempts to finally reconnect with Annette. He gives her a wooden doll that he carved himself. This was something he used to do often. Annette isn’t quite ready to let him off the hook and it’ll take more than dollies to win her trust back.

At the end of the month, we travel ALL THE WAY BACK to the bridge. Then some fog rolls in and we are forced to hang tight. Rodrigue and gilbert take some time to have a heart-to-heart chat. Rodrigue thinks that the narrative of the Tragedy of Duscar doesn’t add up. Specifically, he doesn’t think that Patricia, Dimitri’s stepmom actually died with the rest of them. They never found her body and no one say her getting killed. This has lead Rodrigue to believe that Lady Patricia was an accomplice. Gilbert refuses to believe it because he doesn’t think the woman he knew would be capable of such perfidy. Perhaps she was taken as a hostage? A hostage that hasn’t been used in 10 years… yeah… sure.

When the fog clears we discover that one of the knights that we sent to Claude was brutally murdered. No one actually really believes that Claude did it. He has no reason NOT to help us after all. However we can’t be sure if Claude even got the message from us or if he’ll give us aid or if the Empire has also been trying to sabotage our relationship from their side as well as ours. Basically the being allies is probably a no go. Dimitri is ok with this. Help is for babies.

The Empire, the Kingdom, and even the Alliance march to Grondar Field. The battle of Grondar is about to begin.

Now there are a lot of academy students on this map. My plan is to try to spare the alliance kids but not if they got too close. I REFUSE to underestimate Lysenthia since she’s an actual nuke. Unfortunately, I really can’t let Bernadetta live. I’m sorry Bernadetta but I really can’t leave you on that Ballista to kill Seteth. And so we start…

We make our way South to where the Empire has stationed themselves. Unfortunately, we end up having to fight the Alliance because Claude gets spooked by Dimitri yelling “KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!” And Claude decides to attack us FIRST. Come on Claude I thought you were a smart boy. This decision ends up for me being forced to kill Leonie to stop her gambits and having Dimitri take out Lysenthia before she OHKO’s us all. Even level 45-something Dimitri BARELY lives while carrying this out. I also kill Bernadetta and Edelgard sets the fort on fire… which is fair. We deserve that for killing Bernadetta and Lysenthia. Dimitri and Claude pause the battle to have a duel to determine who is the TRUE ultimate archer in Fodlan. “I win purely because I have a flipping dragon.” Boasts Claude. “That was your mistake.” retorts Dimitri taking out Claude instantly due to his 2X advantage against Wyverns. The King of Archers is dead… LONG LIVE THE KING OF ARCHERS! I mean he retreats but you know what I mean. We also force Hubert to run away before he can kill Ingrid and close the gap on Edelgard. I go ahead and let Dimitri be the one to take her out.

Dimitri: I’ll go ahead and let you pick your death, would you like to be stabbed, burned, or rolled down a hill in a barrel full of spikes?

Edelgard: LOL just try to get me, bro.

Dimitri: I WILL SHOOT OFF YOUR HEAD WITH AN ARROW AND DANCE ON YOUR GRAVE!

Edelgard: sounds like a plan… but did you expect... my MAGIC AXE! *Lightning crack*

Dimiri: nani?

Edelgard: WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP!

Dimitri: NO! SHE’S GETTING AWAY!

Dimitri extremely down to play death tag with Edelgard but Rodrigue comes in and yells that the Empire has like a million more soldiers just chilling and that we can’t fight them since we decimated the Alliance army. For the record, they started it. Dimitri says heck with that I’ll just get her myself but before he can run to certain doom that girl we recruited last month pops out and stabs Dimitri in the shoulder! It turns out she’s the sister of that dude I killed before Dimitri could torture him to death. She wasn’t around at the time so she assumed that Dimitri did it and is getting her revenge. Um.... Should I tell her or? Dimitri seems to decide to accept this and doesn’t fight back but before the girl can land the final blow Rodrigue comes out to protect him and gets a fatal wound for his troubles. I stab the girl before she can do more damage and Dimitri freaks out. That girl’s vengeance was his penance to bear. His punishment for the sin of living and killing while everyone else dies. Rodrigue says all’s fair in love and war and this is a bit of both. Dimitri is sure that since Rodrigue died for him he is going to join the nightmare ghost patrol but Rodrigue goes “Nah, no-one died for you. We died for what we BELIEVE in. I believed in keeping you alive. But that doesn’t count as dying for you. Anyway you should live and die for what you believe in.” And then Dimitri’s best dad dies in his arms.

Sometime later after we teleport back to the monastery I catch Dimitri trying to sneak away in the rain. He’s trying to go to Enbarr by himself. Dimitri says “Please get out of the way.” We say. “Hahahahaha, no.” Dimitri starts rambling about how it’s his duty to bear the vengeance of the dead and how they’ll never let him go so what’s the point? What’s the point of Dimitri continuing to live? The mood shifts from anger to despair and Dimitri asks us how to silence the dead’s voices. While we know it’s hard we no that Dimitri needs to learn to forgive himself which is hard sometimes even for people who haven’t killed hundreds but sometimes it’s the only way for your mental state to improve. Dimitri wants too but he doesn’t know what else to live for but revenge. We decide to echo Rodrigue’s line about living for what he believes in. Is it ok for Dimitri to live? We hold his hand and say yes, it really is.

Ashe promotes to Grappler and Ingrid prompts to Foretress Knight. Seteth masters Wyvern Rider but is probably going to stay that way because Master Seals are a precious and limited resource. Speaking of, Sylvain passes his master exam.

Other Notes: Mercedes tells Sylvain that his crest issues have turned him into a misogynist but that there’s still hope for him since its based on insecurity. Petra thinks that Alois is a comedic genius and Dimitri agrees. Ingrid has decided to protect everybody because death is awful and Felix is annoyed because she’s getting hurt in the process.

MVPs this month: Seteth, Sylvain, Mercedes, Ashe, Dimitri

War, Month 4: Great Tree Moon: The Battle for the Supreme Archer.

After capturing the bridge of Myrridean we, for some reason, turn back for Garrach Mach. Something that will continue to happen every month from now on no matter what little sense it makes. Well, at least our spies know where to find us! I didn’t even know we HAD spies Gilbert. I don’t think you are taking this partnership seriously.

The empire has been stockpiling troops in truly alarming numbers. Numbers that in our current state we can’t hope to beat. We can get some reinforcements from House Charon but it would be REALLY great if we could become rock-solid partners with the alliance. Everyone except Dimitri agrees that this is a great idea. Dimitri doesn’t think it’s a bad idea he just doesn’t care. We go and send some knights to communicate with Claude. Surely there is no way for this to go wrong.

BREAKING NEWS: There has been an eyewitness account! Dimitri still likes children! Or in his

During the month I finally reach Professor rank A. Nice. I can now afford to go to the Sauna regularly. I also find a witch that can use her dark powers to boost friendships and bind people’s souls for eternity. I can’t afford the Blood Moon Curse option but I do get Seteth and Manuela to maximum support. It was worth it. IT’S UP TO YOU NOW MANUELA! Gilbert also attempts to finally reconnect with Annette. He gives her a wooden doll that he carved himself. This was something he used to do often. Annette isn’t quite ready to let him off the hook and it’ll take more than dollies to win her trust back.

At the end of the month, we travel ALL THE WAY BACK to the bridge. Then some fog rolls in and we are forced to hang tight. Rodrigue and gilbert take some time to have a heart-to-heart chat. Rodrigue thinks that the narrative of the Tragedy of Duscar doesn’t add up. Specifically, he doesn’t think that Patricia, Dimitri’s stepmom actually died with the rest of them. They never found her body and no one say her getting killed. This has lead Rodrigue to believe that Lady Patricia was an accomplice. Gilbert refuses to believe it because he doesn’t think the woman he knew would be capable of such perfidy. Perhaps she was taken as a hostage? A hostage that hasn’t been used in 10 years… yeah… sure.

When the fog clears we discover that one of the knights that we sent to Claude was brutally murdered. No one actually really believes that Claude did it. He has no reason NOT to help us after all. However we can’t be sure if Claude even got the message from us or if he’ll give us aid or if the Empire has also been trying to sabotage our relationship from their side as well as ours. Basically the being allies is probably a no go. Dimitri is ok with this. Help is for babies.

The Empire, the Kingdom, and even the Alliance march to Grondar Field. The battle of Grondar is about to begin.

Now there are a lot of academy students on this map. My plan is to try to spare the alliance kids but not if they got too close. I REFUSE to underestimate Lysenthia since she’s an actual nuke. Unfortunately, I really can’t let Bernadetta live. I’m sorry Bernadetta but I really can’t leave you on that Ballista to kill Seteth. And so we start…

We make our way South to where the Empire has stationed themselves. Unfortunately, we end up having to fight the Alliance because Claude gets spooked by Dimitri yelling “KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!” And Claude decides to attack us FIRST. Come on Claude I thought you were a smart boy. This decision ends up for me being forced to kill Leonie to stop her gambits and having Dimitri take out Lysenthia before she OHKO’s us all. Even level 45-something Dimitri BARELY lives while carrying this out. I also kill Bernadetta and Edelgard sets the fort on fire… which is fair. We deserve that for killing Bernadetta and Lysenthia. Dimitri and Claude pause the battle to have a duel to determine who is the TRUE ultimate archer in Fodlan. “I win purely because I have a flipping dragon.” Boasts Claude. “That was your mistake.” retorts Dimitri taking out Claude instantly due to his 2X advantage against Wyverns. The King of Archers is dead… LONG LIVE THE KING OF ARCHERS! I mean he retreats but you know what I mean. We also force Hubert to run away before he can kill Ingrid and close the gap on Edelgard. I go ahead and let Dimitri be the one to take her out.

Dimitri: I’ll go ahead and let you pick your death, would you like to be stabbed, burned, or rolled down a hill in a barrel full of spikes?

Edelgard: LOL just try to get me, bro.

Dimitri: I WILL SHOOT OFF YOUR HEAD WITH AN ARROW AND DANCE ON YOUR GRAVE!

Edelgard: sounds like a plan… but did you expect... my MAGIC AXE! *Lightning crack*

Dimiri: nani?

Edelgard: WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP!

Dimitri: NO! SHE’S GETTING AWAY!

Dimitri extremely down to play death tag with Edelgard but Rodrigue comes in and yells that the Empire has like a million more soldiers just chilling and that we can’t fight them since we decimated the Alliance army. For the record, they started it. Dimitri says heck with that I’ll just get her myself but before he can run to certain doom that girl we recruited last month pops out and stabs Dimitri in the shoulder! It turns out she’s the sister of that dude I killed before Dimitri could torture him to death. She wasn’t around at the time so she assumed that Dimitri did it and is getting her revenge. Um.... Should I tell her or? Dimitri seems to decide to accept this and doesn’t fight back but before the girl can land the final blow Rodrigue comes out to protect him and gets a fatal wound for his troubles. I stab the girl before she can do more damage and Dimitri freaks out. That girl’s vengeance was his penance to bear. His punishment for the sin of living and killing while everyone else dies. Rodrigue says all’s fair in love and war and this is a bit of both. Dimitri is sure that since Rodrigue died for him he is going to join the nightmare ghost patrol but Rodrigue goes “Nah, no-one died for you. We died for what we BELIEVE in. I believed in keeping you alive. But that doesn’t count as dying for you. Anyway you should live and die for what you believe in.” And then Dimitri’s best dad dies in his arms.

Sometime later after we teleport back to the monastery I catch Dimitri trying to sneak away in the rain. He’s trying to go to Enbarr by himself. Dimitri says “Please get out of the way.” We say. “Hahahahaha, no.” Dimitri starts rambling about how it’s his duty to bear the vengeance of the dead and how they’ll never let him go so what’s the point? What’s the point of Dimitri continuing to live? The mood shifts from anger to despair and Dimitri asks us how to silence the dead’s voices. While we know it’s hard we no that Dimitri needs to learn to forgive himself which is hard sometimes even for people who haven’t killed hundreds but sometimes it’s the only way for your mental state to improve. Dimitri wants too but he doesn’t know what else to live for but revenge. We decide to echo Rodrigue’s line about living for what he believes in. Is it ok for Dimitri to live? We hold his hand and say yes, it really is.

Ashe promotes to Grappler and Ingrid prompts to Foretress Knight. Seteth masters Wyvern Rider but is probably going to stay that way because Master Seals are a precious and limited resource. Speaking of, Sylvain passes his master exam.

Other Notes: Mercedes tells Sylvain that his crest issues have turned him into a misogynist but that there’s still hope for him since its based on insecurity. Petra thinks that Alois is a comedic genius and Dimitri agrees. Ingrid has decided to protect everybody because death is awful and Felix is annoyed because she’s getting hurt in the process.

MVPs this month: Seteth, Sylvain, Mercedes, Ashe, Dimitri
can I get an F in the chat for everyone's except Felix favorite dad Rodrigue? :,)
also the Edelgard death tag bit made me wheeze xD
can I get an F in the chat for everyone's except Felix favorite dad Rodrigue? :,)
also the Edelgard death tag bit made me wheeze xD
@Viivie [emoji=eliminate size=1][emoji=eliminate size=1][emoji=eliminate size=1] [emoji=eliminate size=1] [emoji=eliminate size=1] [emoji=eliminate size=1][emoji=eliminate size=1] [emoji=eliminate size=1] [emoji=eliminate size=1] [emoji=eliminate size=1] Death tag is the most serious of tags.
@Viivie

Death tag is the most serious of tags.

So I’m still alive guys and Ima going to finish it might just take a little longer to get through these last few chapters now that school’s starting and I’m trying to focus, I’m not doing well but I’M TRYING

War, Month 5: Great Tree Moon: Dimitri is human again

Everyone is meeting for an emergency meeting. We technically won the Battle of Grondar so we could keep pressing on to the heart of the Empire. However we took heavy casualties among our foot soldiers and we are in grave danger of running out of resources. What do we do now?

Suddenly there’s a polite cough and we turn to see… Dimitri! He’s got news! He apologizes profusely for his behavior. He’s been a real bad Chihuahua for the past few months and he’s sorry for all the ankle biting. Felix is like “YOU KINDA KILLED MY DAD THO.” and I’m like, “SHUT UP FELIX.” Dimitri acknowledges that words are indeed cheap, which is why we are changing course and liberating the kingdom! Dimitri has decided to stop living for the dead and to start living for what he believes in which is saving his people from their suffering and finding redemption for all the despair and bloodshed that he’s helped to facilitate. This is great because if we liberate the kingdom from the Dukedom we should have ALL the soldiers. And ALL THE RESOURCES! Gilbert double checks to see if he’s ok with Edelgard’s head getting farther away and Dimitri says, “Yeah I hate her but I am prioritizing the living people. They are what matter the most.” I am so proud of my son you guys. Felix is somewhat mollified but tells Dimitri that he’d BETTER WIN! Noted.

With that Dimitri fully rejoins the roster and we can fully train him, involve him at lunchtime, and talk to him like a human being! We also get about 100,000 supports unlocked all at once. The B supports were clearly meant to be unlocked before the timeskip so they can be a little jarring. Though it does show that Dimitri’s Voice Actor is amazing, he has distinct voices for School Dimitri, Chihuahua Dimitri, and getting therapy Dimitri. His A supports are really nice. I especially like, Flynn, Annette, Felix, and Gilberts supports. Though speaking of Dimitri/Gilbert support it does show that he needs some type of antidepressant or something, don’t do suicide by cop Dimitri that would be sad.

It’s finally time to tackle Annette and Gilbert’s Paralogue! It starts with Annette saying that she needs to talk to her uncle about getting the family’s Holy Relic for the war effort. This would be fine… but her uncle is affiliated with the Dukedom and going there would almost certainly get her captured or killed. She’s insistent though so we reluctantly give her back-up. We get there and sure enough Annette’s uncle has met us with an army. He says something like, “Giving you this ax would be tantamount to joining the rebellion and then Duchess Corny would burn us all to the ground. I could kidnap you though to keep you safe… YEAH LETS DO THAT INSTEAD!” So we start our paralogue with the majority of our forces on the opposite side of the map from Annette and Gilbert and with them surrounded by like, 9 armored units.

Oh yeah and the AI automatically targets Annette.

Who is a cavalier who can’t damage anything.

Oh boy, this is going to be fun

There’s a few close calls but we BARELY get Annette to safety and proceed to curbstop Uncle Dominic’s forces. I let Gilbert and Annette getting in the killing blow but it looks like he’s fine? Uncle Dominic goes ok, we’ve made a good show, take the axe and get out of here. Also Gibert please visit your wife she’s lonely. Gilbert goes ... fine. We get the magic axe Crusher!

We then unlock another support for Annette and Gilbert. Gilbert shows Annette 10 years worth of letters that he wrote but was too cowardly to send. He is ready to start repenting for his cowardliness now though. When the war is over he will reunite with his wife and like Dimitri start living for the living. Well finally dude.

Our forces get to the Capitol city of Fhirdiad. The people have heard of our arrival and have begun rioting in an attempt to make capturing the city easier for us. Aunt Corny doesn’t really care and is quite happy to mow through both civilian and soldier to keep grip on her power. Nice lady. She’s also probably the fiend who kidnapped and tortured Hapi so I bend my rules and let her join the invading forces without RNG’s input. Hapi deserves her catharsis dang it. and who knows when I’ll be playing through Azure Moon again anyway. Dimitri’s gives a short speech, stay alive, and fight for what you believe in. and with that we rush in.

Corny has a bunch of suspicious and intimidating robots and has placed herself behind a wall. She clearly intends this to be a tough gauntlet of monster fighting. Unfortunately for her Dimitri has reached his true form as a Bow Knight and he LAUGHS at walls! HE CHORTLES AT THEM I SAY! So she dies like in 6 turns max.

Corny is a huge jerk however and decides to torment Dimitri before she dies. It turns out that Patricia, Dimitri’s stepmom, DID help set up the Tragedy of Duscar and sold out Dimitri and his dad to die so that she could be with Edelgard again. Dimitri is not happy about this. At all. Anyway Corny dies. Yay.

After the battle Dimitri lets his inner Chihuahua out for a bit and rants about how vile a person Corny is. We let him burn out his hatred because it’s at least somewhat under control and directed at the correct people. And then it’s time for him to be presented to the people as their king! Dimitri goes… wait what? But I’m not ready and I’m a monster and no one should forgive me for anything and we go SHHHH It’s ok Dimitri they’ve been dealing with Corny Dimitri, they’ll think your eyepatch is cool Dimitri, and push him unto the balcony. The people burst into applause and Dimitri becomes overwhelmed. Is it really ok for him to be King? Stained with blood as he is? Does he deserve it? He begins to cry as the people show there acceptance of him and it’s a really touching scene. 10/10 scene.

After the party we find Dimitri setting flowers on his loved ones graves. He takes the time to thank us for teaching him how to live and from preventing him from killing himself and his friends. (Really Rodrigue deserves 90% of this praise but he’s dead so I’ll accept on his behalf.) We then ask if he still desires revenge on Edelgard he goes “Eh, it looks like she wasn’t actually involved after all so… sure.” He’s been thinking about Edelgard and her motives and has decided that she wants to revolutionize the world. He however cannot accept her methods as they come at the cost of war, death, dealing with super shady people, and completely destroying the church for its faults instead of merely limiting its power and tolerating it for its good points. (There are some, Karen helped orphans. And the faith has really benefited Mercedes, Marianne, and Manuela.) Dimitri cannot accept these costs so he is determined to still oppose her though he would like to settle things peacefully now if it’s possible. Hopefully it’s possible.

Constance prompts to Wyvern Rider! Dimitri Promotes to Bow Knight! Annette gets promoted to Valkyrie! YAY SHE’S USABLE NOW!. Hapi promotes to Dark Knight! Flynn and Alois master their classes and Ingrid, Ashe, and Constance pass their Master exams!

Other Notes: Felix and Sylvain go on a date. Flynn learns that show business is a filthy, FILTHY place. Mauela helps Alois understand that his daughter is a girl. Those Orphans that Dimitri taught come back to murder him because we killed their family in battle. Whoops. Dimitri acknowledges that Mercedes is an amazing swordswoman now (and he’s not wrong, she’s like one of my best now Trickster FTW.)

MVPs this month: PinkertX2, DimitriX3

So I’m still alive guys and Ima going to finish it might just take a little longer to get through these last few chapters now that school’s starting and I’m trying to focus, I’m not doing well but I’M TRYING

War, Month 5: Great Tree Moon: Dimitri is human again

Everyone is meeting for an emergency meeting. We technically won the Battle of Grondar so we could keep pressing on to the heart of the Empire. However we took heavy casualties among our foot soldiers and we are in grave danger of running out of resources. What do we do now?

Suddenly there’s a polite cough and we turn to see… Dimitri! He’s got news! He apologizes profusely for his behavior. He’s been a real bad Chihuahua for the past few months and he’s sorry for all the ankle biting. Felix is like “YOU KINDA KILLED MY DAD THO.” and I’m like, “SHUT UP FELIX.” Dimitri acknowledges that words are indeed cheap, which is why we are changing course and liberating the kingdom! Dimitri has decided to stop living for the dead and to start living for what he believes in which is saving his people from their suffering and finding redemption for all the despair and bloodshed that he’s helped to facilitate. This is great because if we liberate the kingdom from the Dukedom we should have ALL the soldiers. And ALL THE RESOURCES! Gilbert double checks to see if he’s ok with Edelgard’s head getting farther away and Dimitri says, “Yeah I hate her but I am prioritizing the living people. They are what matter the most.” I am so proud of my son you guys. Felix is somewhat mollified but tells Dimitri that he’d BETTER WIN! Noted.

With that Dimitri fully rejoins the roster and we can fully train him, involve him at lunchtime, and talk to him like a human being! We also get about 100,000 supports unlocked all at once. The B supports were clearly meant to be unlocked before the timeskip so they can be a little jarring. Though it does show that Dimitri’s Voice Actor is amazing, he has distinct voices for School Dimitri, Chihuahua Dimitri, and getting therapy Dimitri. His A supports are really nice. I especially like, Flynn, Annette, Felix, and Gilberts supports. Though speaking of Dimitri/Gilbert support it does show that he needs some type of antidepressant or something, don’t do suicide by cop Dimitri that would be sad.

It’s finally time to tackle Annette and Gilbert’s Paralogue! It starts with Annette saying that she needs to talk to her uncle about getting the family’s Holy Relic for the war effort. This would be fine… but her uncle is affiliated with the Dukedom and going there would almost certainly get her captured or killed. She’s insistent though so we reluctantly give her back-up. We get there and sure enough Annette’s uncle has met us with an army. He says something like, “Giving you this ax would be tantamount to joining the rebellion and then Duchess Corny would burn us all to the ground. I could kidnap you though to keep you safe… YEAH LETS DO THAT INSTEAD!” So we start our paralogue with the majority of our forces on the opposite side of the map from Annette and Gilbert and with them surrounded by like, 9 armored units.

Oh yeah and the AI automatically targets Annette.

Who is a cavalier who can’t damage anything.

Oh boy, this is going to be fun

There’s a few close calls but we BARELY get Annette to safety and proceed to curbstop Uncle Dominic’s forces. I let Gilbert and Annette getting in the killing blow but it looks like he’s fine? Uncle Dominic goes ok, we’ve made a good show, take the axe and get out of here. Also Gibert please visit your wife she’s lonely. Gilbert goes ... fine. We get the magic axe Crusher!

We then unlock another support for Annette and Gilbert. Gilbert shows Annette 10 years worth of letters that he wrote but was too cowardly to send. He is ready to start repenting for his cowardliness now though. When the war is over he will reunite with his wife and like Dimitri start living for the living. Well finally dude.

Our forces get to the Capitol city of Fhirdiad. The people have heard of our arrival and have begun rioting in an attempt to make capturing the city easier for us. Aunt Corny doesn’t really care and is quite happy to mow through both civilian and soldier to keep grip on her power. Nice lady. She’s also probably the fiend who kidnapped and tortured Hapi so I bend my rules and let her join the invading forces without RNG’s input. Hapi deserves her catharsis dang it. and who knows when I’ll be playing through Azure Moon again anyway. Dimitri’s gives a short speech, stay alive, and fight for what you believe in. and with that we rush in.

Corny has a bunch of suspicious and intimidating robots and has placed herself behind a wall. She clearly intends this to be a tough gauntlet of monster fighting. Unfortunately for her Dimitri has reached his true form as a Bow Knight and he LAUGHS at walls! HE CHORTLES AT THEM I SAY! So she dies like in 6 turns max.

Corny is a huge jerk however and decides to torment Dimitri before she dies. It turns out that Patricia, Dimitri’s stepmom, DID help set up the Tragedy of Duscar and sold out Dimitri and his dad to die so that she could be with Edelgard again. Dimitri is not happy about this. At all. Anyway Corny dies. Yay.

After the battle Dimitri lets his inner Chihuahua out for a bit and rants about how vile a person Corny is. We let him burn out his hatred because it’s at least somewhat under control and directed at the correct people. And then it’s time for him to be presented to the people as their king! Dimitri goes… wait what? But I’m not ready and I’m a monster and no one should forgive me for anything and we go SHHHH It’s ok Dimitri they’ve been dealing with Corny Dimitri, they’ll think your eyepatch is cool Dimitri, and push him unto the balcony. The people burst into applause and Dimitri becomes overwhelmed. Is it really ok for him to be King? Stained with blood as he is? Does he deserve it? He begins to cry as the people show there acceptance of him and it’s a really touching scene. 10/10 scene.

After the party we find Dimitri setting flowers on his loved ones graves. He takes the time to thank us for teaching him how to live and from preventing him from killing himself and his friends. (Really Rodrigue deserves 90% of this praise but he’s dead so I’ll accept on his behalf.) We then ask if he still desires revenge on Edelgard he goes “Eh, it looks like she wasn’t actually involved after all so… sure.” He’s been thinking about Edelgard and her motives and has decided that she wants to revolutionize the world. He however cannot accept her methods as they come at the cost of war, death, dealing with super shady people, and completely destroying the church for its faults instead of merely limiting its power and tolerating it for its good points. (There are some, Karen helped orphans. And the faith has really benefited Mercedes, Marianne, and Manuela.) Dimitri cannot accept these costs so he is determined to still oppose her though he would like to settle things peacefully now if it’s possible. Hopefully it’s possible.

Constance prompts to Wyvern Rider! Dimitri Promotes to Bow Knight! Annette gets promoted to Valkyrie! YAY SHE’S USABLE NOW!. Hapi promotes to Dark Knight! Flynn and Alois master their classes and Ingrid, Ashe, and Constance pass their Master exams!

Other Notes: Felix and Sylvain go on a date. Flynn learns that show business is a filthy, FILTHY place. Mauela helps Alois understand that his daughter is a girl. Those Orphans that Dimitri taught come back to murder him because we killed their family in battle. Whoops. Dimitri acknowledges that Mercedes is an amazing swordswoman now (and he’s not wrong, she’s like one of my best now Trickster FTW.)

MVPs this month: PinkertX2, DimitriX3
Aaah, I'm glad the Annette paralogue went well! :0 I was a bit concerned about that one ngl :,) And now that she's a Valkyrie maybe she can actually deal some damage! Yay! :D

also yeah that one scene is super touching, 10/10 would recommend
Aaah, I'm glad the Annette paralogue went well! :0 I was a bit concerned about that one ngl :,) And now that she's a Valkyrie maybe she can actually deal some damage! Yay! :D

also yeah that one scene is super touching, 10/10 would recommend

I decided to dip out while school happaned but school is over now. I CAN UPDATE AGAIN!!!! about twice probably, we only have what... two months left?

Anyway let me tell you the story of my people

War Month 6: Harpstring Moon: Our bro Claude gives us a prize.

Our little Army is in the groove now but we really need to get back to defeating Edelgard… OH WAIT! A message from Claude just arrived! It looks like Edelgard decided to prioritize conquering the alliance over continuing to struggle over the Kingdom and Clause could really use our help driving her out. Of course, we decide to help Claude. Claude is our Bro! He’s not even mad that we stole two of his posse and killed the other four! His ability to is just legendary.

During the month I unlock all the A supports with Pinkert. The last one was us telling Ignatz to NOT LET HIS DREAMS BE DREAMS with Raphael doing a cheer routine in the background. Felix and Annette both decide that their life’s goal is to help Dimitri with his ruling the kingdom thing while Dimitri micro-obsesses over the new info Corny gave us about Duscar. It also becomes abundantly clear as we fight battles that Bow Knight Dimitri is the most broken thing I have ever played in this game. Even more broken than vanilla Dimitri. I resort to making him do nothing so the others can get experience.

Speaking of battles a new paralogue has been made available for Dimitri! In a dangerous surge of confidence, I decide to go ahead and do it. And RNG immediately makes sure I have nothing but the squishiest of my units + Fortress Knight Ingrid. Thanks, RNG.

It turns out that when we took back Fhirdiad, not all the kingdom joined up with us and Dimitri. There are some Empire simps back east and they are holding the best fortress in Fodland, Arianrhod. Dimitri wants the fortress back because if we get it we will manage to highly bolster our defenses, get an extra route into the empire, and prevent the empire from invading us easily. Sounds good to me.

It turns out that entering the fortress is super-easy and barely an inconvenience but there are a bunch of high-level enemies in the fortress to deal with. Most importantly Hubert is back… and Professor Hanneman! In the 5 years since we last saw him, he has become a SERIOUS empire stan! Unfortunately, he also has very powerful long-range spells and control over all the traps… which means we have to take him out. I send myself, Dimitri, Ingrid, Felix, and Pinkert to deal with him and everyone else heads south to take out Hubert. It doesn’t occur to me until later that I effectively sent all the tanks away from the squishies. Um… oops. Still, we end up getting pretty close to Hubert… but the problem is he’s surrounded by Paladins. My solution is to get Hapi and ignatz into position and then have Petra use her gambit Impregnable Wall which prevents enemies from inflicting more than 1 damage for a single turn for the price of your units also not being able to inflict more than 1 hp for that turn. This works but it makes all the paladins focus on Petra instead. The first hit takes out 2/3rds of her HP and I’m sure this is the end. Even if I divine pulse I don’t know if I could use another strategy. Luckily for me, Petra ends up being a GODDESS that evades 3 HITS IN A FREAKING ROW! We heal Petra and the move allows Ignatz the ability to go in for the kill! With Hanneman dead and Hubert turning tail we manage to capture Arianrhod! As an added bonus the Empire simps decide to turn against the empire and simp for us instead. The tides really are turning.

We go to Dierdu which is the Alliance’s capital city. Claude’s plan goes… to plan. Dimitri’s dear uncle Arundel sneers that his father was a hamster and his mother smelt of elderberries. Dimitri responds by One-Shotting him. The rest of the invading forces are also mopped up. We even manage to keep Judith alive and we get a nice defense boost item for doing that. Claude also rewards us for winning the archery contest back in Grondar by giving us THE ENTIRE ALLIANCE AND HIS SICK BOW. I give Dimitri the bow because the best archer should have the best bow. Thanks to Claude bowing down and peaceing out we have twice the land, twice the army, and absolutely nothing that could distract us from taking the fight to Edelgard… speaking of… Dimitri decides to tell all our peeps the truth about His and Edelgards true relationship. Felix makes sure that Dimitri isn’t going to one extreme to another and Dimitri says he wants a chance to talk things out… but knows that he might just need to kill her if no understanding can be reached.

Meanwhile, Dimitri learns that it was CORNY who kidnapped Hapi… one month after her death. Just be you Dimitri.

Alois promotes to Wyvern Lord, Manuela, Pinkert, and Mercedes master their classes Gilbert passes his master exam.

MVPs this month: DimitriX3, Felix, Flayn, Ignatz, Seteth

I decided to dip out while school happaned but school is over now. I CAN UPDATE AGAIN!!!! about twice probably, we only have what... two months left?

Anyway let me tell you the story of my people

War Month 6: Harpstring Moon: Our bro Claude gives us a prize.

Our little Army is in the groove now but we really need to get back to defeating Edelgard… OH WAIT! A message from Claude just arrived! It looks like Edelgard decided to prioritize conquering the alliance over continuing to struggle over the Kingdom and Clause could really use our help driving her out. Of course, we decide to help Claude. Claude is our Bro! He’s not even mad that we stole two of his posse and killed the other four! His ability to is just legendary.

During the month I unlock all the A supports with Pinkert. The last one was us telling Ignatz to NOT LET HIS DREAMS BE DREAMS with Raphael doing a cheer routine in the background. Felix and Annette both decide that their life’s goal is to help Dimitri with his ruling the kingdom thing while Dimitri micro-obsesses over the new info Corny gave us about Duscar. It also becomes abundantly clear as we fight battles that Bow Knight Dimitri is the most broken thing I have ever played in this game. Even more broken than vanilla Dimitri. I resort to making him do nothing so the others can get experience.

Speaking of battles a new paralogue has been made available for Dimitri! In a dangerous surge of confidence, I decide to go ahead and do it. And RNG immediately makes sure I have nothing but the squishiest of my units + Fortress Knight Ingrid. Thanks, RNG.

It turns out that when we took back Fhirdiad, not all the kingdom joined up with us and Dimitri. There are some Empire simps back east and they are holding the best fortress in Fodland, Arianrhod. Dimitri wants the fortress back because if we get it we will manage to highly bolster our defenses, get an extra route into the empire, and prevent the empire from invading us easily. Sounds good to me.

It turns out that entering the fortress is super-easy and barely an inconvenience but there are a bunch of high-level enemies in the fortress to deal with. Most importantly Hubert is back… and Professor Hanneman! In the 5 years since we last saw him, he has become a SERIOUS empire stan! Unfortunately, he also has very powerful long-range spells and control over all the traps… which means we have to take him out. I send myself, Dimitri, Ingrid, Felix, and Pinkert to deal with him and everyone else heads south to take out Hubert. It doesn’t occur to me until later that I effectively sent all the tanks away from the squishies. Um… oops. Still, we end up getting pretty close to Hubert… but the problem is he’s surrounded by Paladins. My solution is to get Hapi and ignatz into position and then have Petra use her gambit Impregnable Wall which prevents enemies from inflicting more than 1 damage for a single turn for the price of your units also not being able to inflict more than 1 hp for that turn. This works but it makes all the paladins focus on Petra instead. The first hit takes out 2/3rds of her HP and I’m sure this is the end. Even if I divine pulse I don’t know if I could use another strategy. Luckily for me, Petra ends up being a GODDESS that evades 3 HITS IN A FREAKING ROW! We heal Petra and the move allows Ignatz the ability to go in for the kill! With Hanneman dead and Hubert turning tail we manage to capture Arianrhod! As an added bonus the Empire simps decide to turn against the empire and simp for us instead. The tides really are turning.

We go to Dierdu which is the Alliance’s capital city. Claude’s plan goes… to plan. Dimitri’s dear uncle Arundel sneers that his father was a hamster and his mother smelt of elderberries. Dimitri responds by One-Shotting him. The rest of the invading forces are also mopped up. We even manage to keep Judith alive and we get a nice defense boost item for doing that. Claude also rewards us for winning the archery contest back in Grondar by giving us THE ENTIRE ALLIANCE AND HIS SICK BOW. I give Dimitri the bow because the best archer should have the best bow. Thanks to Claude bowing down and peaceing out we have twice the land, twice the army, and absolutely nothing that could distract us from taking the fight to Edelgard… speaking of… Dimitri decides to tell all our peeps the truth about His and Edelgards true relationship. Felix makes sure that Dimitri isn’t going to one extreme to another and Dimitri says he wants a chance to talk things out… but knows that he might just need to kill her if no understanding can be reached.

Meanwhile, Dimitri learns that it was CORNY who kidnapped Hapi… one month after her death. Just be you Dimitri.

Alois promotes to Wyvern Lord, Manuela, Pinkert, and Mercedes master their classes Gilbert passes his master exam.

MVPs this month: DimitriX3, Felix, Flayn, Ignatz, Seteth
1 2 3 4 5 6 7