Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Pinkerton's Iron Run (Fire Emblem 3H)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Ern
That video is pure Sylvain energy.

@Viivie
I am glad I managed to capture the energy of their chaos XD
@Ern
That video is pure Sylvain energy.

@Viivie
I am glad I managed to capture the energy of their chaos XD
@Viivie @Edelgard @MaplesHaiku @PrinceOfSoup @Ern @Falinks

Month 6: Horsebow Moon: A Very Special Episode (And Death Knight continues to be useless)

Everyone is in a panic about Flayn and Seteth is so distraught he cannot teach me how to use an axe (I’m pretty sure that you hold the not-sharp part but the stick part looks like it’d be sick at bludgeoning). Dedue has recently become my other Very Best Freind after we bonded over gardening. He was concerned about being friends because people are very racist when it comes to the people of Duscar but I said HECK WITH EM RACISTS. Because we are best friends we scour the monastery for signs of Flayn instead we find Dimitri? In the library? Does he read? It turns out that he was reading a very boring book about donations made by nobles to the church. He’s especially interested in donations made by this dude called Arundel. Oh well. That was odd.

I continue my exploration and it seems like everybody has some sort of suspect. The suspects seem to be overwhelmingly old and male at first but luckily someone suspects Shamir so the monastery is not sexist or ageist. Only racism and classism allowed here! Speaking of Shamir she is so impressed with my lack of sexism that she agrees to join my army class! She’s not the only one either my punching skills have become so amazingly adequate that Caspar from the Black Eagle house practically begged me for a transfer! I guess dealing with Karen was actually worth something for once!

After talking to everybody above and bellow Garrach Mach I determine that Jeritza, a weird masked dude, is probably the culprit. I determine this solely based on his creepy mask. People should not wear creepy masks. It also turns out that Manuela is missing… she was last seen holding Jeritza’s creepy mask? SUSPICIOUS. Now I have all the evidence I need to go track down Jeritza… but If I do so now I’ll waste the entire month. And I need that month! Casper needs to learn to punch better! I’m sure Flayn would totally understand.

Now during this month, I ended playing through Dedue’s Paralogue. And while I generally like to keep the tone of these updates as silly as possible it felt… wrong… to make jokes about this paralogue. You see Dedue as mentioned earlier is a Person of Duscar (they always refer to themselves as that so that’s what I call them). His people killed the King of Fearghus (Dimitri’s 1st Dad) and in response… the people of Fearghus… committed genocide. Most of the People of Duscar are dead and their land is now occupied by their conquerors. A few of the Survivors have come together to make a last-ditch attempt to liberate their homeland but everyone knows they are walking into a massacre. Dedue and Dimitri are so upset about this that they petition the church to be allowed to assist in quelling the uprising. With my go ahead we are given permission to go. The plan is to beat up and subdue a majority of the rebels before the Kingdom army massacres them all. Which they will do because they are still angry about the King killing thing. And even as our plan goes through we just can’t save them all. Many of them are too far away from us and way to close to the army. So they die. I actually don’t make it in time the first time I played. I wondered if the run was over but then I noticed that my rules stated that the run was over if the whole army falls not if we fail a mission so I Divine Pulse and take out the leader so that the People of Duscar survive. The leader is not super happy with us. He’s especially angry at Dedue whom he sees as a traitor for serving Dimitri but Dedue also wants his homeland back. He just wants to do it by working with Dimitri. Hopefully, maybe, the friendship between Dedue and Dimitri will bring a better future. We can hope, right?

Ok enough mushy and sad stuff.

At the end of the month I decided that it’s probably ok to go get Flayn now? There are no classes this week and I’ve burned through all my activity points so we should probably go get her! FOR THE AXE LESSONS!

We barge into Jeritza’s room and find Manuela! She’s been unconscious! For three weeks! That’s really not great! Dimitri and Hannaman rush her to the infinity while the rest of my class gets ready to kick masked butt! We find a secret passage and we run into Flayn pretty much instantly. We also run into the Death Knight who seems really eager to kill us. I mean He sounds eager but he seems to have a hard time moving faster than your average Water bear so… he sends goons at us instead! The goons are actually a bit difficult. They almost kill Ingrid and Felix and I have to use my one Divine Pulse to save Annette. We do manage to kill them all while the Death Knight impersonates an ice sculpture and right when it looks like he’ll actually do something he gets interrupted by his boss.

The Death Knight is a creepy person wearing a very unsettling mask that distorts their voice. They declare that the death knight should stand down for now and declares to us that they will be the ones to change Fodlan. They teleport and we take Flayn and a second prisoner to the infinity. Despite the fact that all the prisoners were unconscious from three weeks to an actual year everyone seems to be recovering quickly once they get healed. Flynn is even walking around like it ain’t no big thing. We discuss her safety with Seteth. He thinks she was targeted because her blood was super powerful and dangerous and they need to leave and become traveling cheese monks. Flynn says heck no, brother/dad we are NOT doing the Cheese monk thing again, I’m Lactose-Intolerant. We decided instead that she should join my class! I mean she’s like 13 right? That’s the perfect age to learn to murder! Also, I need healers, thank you for giving me a healer.

With all that drama out of the way Karen finally remembers that this is a school and not a private army and we are informed of a very important mock school event coming up… It’s the Battle of Eagle and Lion next month! SCHOOL BATTLE ROYALE! YEAH! GO BLUE LIONS! We end the month and wait... Is… Is Pinkerton smiling?! This action shocks everyone and Dimitri becomes super glad that we are in fact. Not a death robot Dad. He was worried. We also learn that the third girl we saved, Monica, has been missing for a whole year and that she will join the Black Eagle House. I wonder if I can recruit her?

Dedue, Felix, Ashe, Sylvain, Mercedes, Annette, Ingrid and Constance all pass the Intermediate exam.

Other notes: Dimitri and Hapi may or may not have met and Dimitri doesn’t believe in forgiveness. My nickname is “Ashen Demon” according to Catherine and that’s weird because no one has ever called me that ever. Mercedes may or may not know the death knight and Gilbert almost admits that he’s Anette’s dad but chickens out.

MVP's this month: PinkertX2

Month 6: Horsebow Moon: A Very Special Episode (And Death Knight continues to be useless)

Everyone is in a panic about Flayn and Seteth is so distraught he cannot teach me how to use an axe (I’m pretty sure that you hold the not-sharp part but the stick part looks like it’d be sick at bludgeoning). Dedue has recently become my other Very Best Freind after we bonded over gardening. He was concerned about being friends because people are very racist when it comes to the people of Duscar but I said HECK WITH EM RACISTS. Because we are best friends we scour the monastery for signs of Flayn instead we find Dimitri? In the library? Does he read? It turns out that he was reading a very boring book about donations made by nobles to the church. He’s especially interested in donations made by this dude called Arundel. Oh well. That was odd.

I continue my exploration and it seems like everybody has some sort of suspect. The suspects seem to be overwhelmingly old and male at first but luckily someone suspects Shamir so the monastery is not sexist or ageist. Only racism and classism allowed here! Speaking of Shamir she is so impressed with my lack of sexism that she agrees to join my army class! She’s not the only one either my punching skills have become so amazingly adequate that Caspar from the Black Eagle house practically begged me for a transfer! I guess dealing with Karen was actually worth something for once!

After talking to everybody above and bellow Garrach Mach I determine that Jeritza, a weird masked dude, is probably the culprit. I determine this solely based on his creepy mask. People should not wear creepy masks. It also turns out that Manuela is missing… she was last seen holding Jeritza’s creepy mask? SUSPICIOUS. Now I have all the evidence I need to go track down Jeritza… but If I do so now I’ll waste the entire month. And I need that month! Casper needs to learn to punch better! I’m sure Flayn would totally understand.

Now during this month, I ended playing through Dedue’s Paralogue. And while I generally like to keep the tone of these updates as silly as possible it felt… wrong… to make jokes about this paralogue. You see Dedue as mentioned earlier is a Person of Duscar (they always refer to themselves as that so that’s what I call them). His people killed the King of Fearghus (Dimitri’s 1st Dad) and in response… the people of Fearghus… committed genocide. Most of the People of Duscar are dead and their land is now occupied by their conquerors. A few of the Survivors have come together to make a last-ditch attempt to liberate their homeland but everyone knows they are walking into a massacre. Dedue and Dimitri are so upset about this that they petition the church to be allowed to assist in quelling the uprising. With my go ahead we are given permission to go. The plan is to beat up and subdue a majority of the rebels before the Kingdom army massacres them all. Which they will do because they are still angry about the King killing thing. And even as our plan goes through we just can’t save them all. Many of them are too far away from us and way to close to the army. So they die. I actually don’t make it in time the first time I played. I wondered if the run was over but then I noticed that my rules stated that the run was over if the whole army falls not if we fail a mission so I Divine Pulse and take out the leader so that the People of Duscar survive. The leader is not super happy with us. He’s especially angry at Dedue whom he sees as a traitor for serving Dimitri but Dedue also wants his homeland back. He just wants to do it by working with Dimitri. Hopefully, maybe, the friendship between Dedue and Dimitri will bring a better future. We can hope, right?

Ok enough mushy and sad stuff.

At the end of the month I decided that it’s probably ok to go get Flayn now? There are no classes this week and I’ve burned through all my activity points so we should probably go get her! FOR THE AXE LESSONS!

We barge into Jeritza’s room and find Manuela! She’s been unconscious! For three weeks! That’s really not great! Dimitri and Hannaman rush her to the infinity while the rest of my class gets ready to kick masked butt! We find a secret passage and we run into Flayn pretty much instantly. We also run into the Death Knight who seems really eager to kill us. I mean He sounds eager but he seems to have a hard time moving faster than your average Water bear so… he sends goons at us instead! The goons are actually a bit difficult. They almost kill Ingrid and Felix and I have to use my one Divine Pulse to save Annette. We do manage to kill them all while the Death Knight impersonates an ice sculpture and right when it looks like he’ll actually do something he gets interrupted by his boss.

The Death Knight is a creepy person wearing a very unsettling mask that distorts their voice. They declare that the death knight should stand down for now and declares to us that they will be the ones to change Fodlan. They teleport and we take Flayn and a second prisoner to the infinity. Despite the fact that all the prisoners were unconscious from three weeks to an actual year everyone seems to be recovering quickly once they get healed. Flynn is even walking around like it ain’t no big thing. We discuss her safety with Seteth. He thinks she was targeted because her blood was super powerful and dangerous and they need to leave and become traveling cheese monks. Flynn says heck no, brother/dad we are NOT doing the Cheese monk thing again, I’m Lactose-Intolerant. We decided instead that she should join my class! I mean she’s like 13 right? That’s the perfect age to learn to murder! Also, I need healers, thank you for giving me a healer.

With all that drama out of the way Karen finally remembers that this is a school and not a private army and we are informed of a very important mock school event coming up… It’s the Battle of Eagle and Lion next month! SCHOOL BATTLE ROYALE! YEAH! GO BLUE LIONS! We end the month and wait... Is… Is Pinkerton smiling?! This action shocks everyone and Dimitri becomes super glad that we are in fact. Not a death robot Dad. He was worried. We also learn that the third girl we saved, Monica, has been missing for a whole year and that she will join the Black Eagle House. I wonder if I can recruit her?

Dedue, Felix, Ashe, Sylvain, Mercedes, Annette, Ingrid and Constance all pass the Intermediate exam.

Other notes: Dimitri and Hapi may or may not have met and Dimitri doesn’t believe in forgiveness. My nickname is “Ashen Demon” according to Catherine and that’s weird because no one has ever called me that ever. Mercedes may or may not know the death knight and Gilbert almost admits that he’s Anette’s dad but chickens out.

MVP's this month: PinkertX2

Month 7: Wyvern Moon: Rest, Relaxation, and Sports!

It’s been a rough couple of months what with the kin-slaying and conspiracies but for once we don’t have to worry about all that! IT’S SPORTS MONTH!

Sometime after the Founding of the Holy Kingdom of Fearghus, the monastery began a tradition where the Black Eagles and the Blue Lions have an epic mock battle to prove who are the raddest dudes. When the Leicester Alliance split from the Kingdom they joined the fun and now it’s a three-way battle royale where nothing gets hurt but pride! Ok, maybe some ribs get bruised but no-one dies.

We really want to prove our superiority to those jerks in Golden Deer and the Black Eagles so we begin a serious training regimen. I also begin to seriously court the other students in our recruitment pool to try to make them weaker. No one takes me up on it but some appear really interested and I get to tutor Petra on her English so that’s nice. Monica seems glued to Edelgard so apparently she’s not recruitable.

There’s also a HUGE Fishing contest which we win almost immediately.

It’s not all fun and games, however. Sylvain’s father is still having trouble with the remains of Miklan’s bandits and he assigns his son to drive off the rest of them alone. Sylvain however is not stupid so he asks us to help him. We clear them out and learn that Sylvain didn’t get along with his brother partly because his brother hated him for having a crest. This and the feeling that people only like him for his crest has given Sylvain a lot of complexes. Sylvain’s father gives him the lance that killed Miklan as a “reward” and Sylvain asks me to hold on to it for him. We get the Lance of Ruin!

We make our way to the Grondar Feild to have the mock battle. There’s a nice fort with a ballista that the Black Eagles have taken over and a river with two bridges that we are on the other side of and a forest where Golden Deer has sequestered themselves. Our goal is not just to outlast the other two houses but to do most of the beating up ourselves. If we do this we will get a nifty Blessed lance!

The battle begins after a nifty cutscene. We take the fort from the Black Eagles while they fight Golden Deer. The Black Eagles take out most of Golden Deer but make themselves vulnerable to be mopped up by us. We then track down Claude who’s been hiding in the trees like a goober while his whole house loses. Come on Claude at least Edelgard did something! With Claude taken out the game ends. But did we kill more goons the Black Eagles? Yes! We did! THE BLUE LIONS ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Pinkert passes his Intermediate exam and gets enough experience to be promoted! We are now an Armored Knight!

Other Notes: Sylvain has at one point hit on both Ingrid’s Granny and a Scarecrow. What a rogue. Despite being a Myrmidon Mercedes needs special lessons from Dimitri because she is so bad at it. She actually almost decapitates him. It makes me question Garrach Mach’s standards honestly.

MVPs this month: Pinkert, Dimitri

Sorry for the wait. Work is murder.

Month 7: Wyvern Moon: Rest, Relaxation, and Sports!

It’s been a rough couple of months what with the kin-slaying and conspiracies but for once we don’t have to worry about all that! IT’S SPORTS MONTH!

Sometime after the Founding of the Holy Kingdom of Fearghus, the monastery began a tradition where the Black Eagles and the Blue Lions have an epic mock battle to prove who are the raddest dudes. When the Leicester Alliance split from the Kingdom they joined the fun and now it’s a three-way battle royale where nothing gets hurt but pride! Ok, maybe some ribs get bruised but no-one dies.

We really want to prove our superiority to those jerks in Golden Deer and the Black Eagles so we begin a serious training regimen. I also begin to seriously court the other students in our recruitment pool to try to make them weaker. No one takes me up on it but some appear really interested and I get to tutor Petra on her English so that’s nice. Monica seems glued to Edelgard so apparently she’s not recruitable.

There’s also a HUGE Fishing contest which we win almost immediately.

It’s not all fun and games, however. Sylvain’s father is still having trouble with the remains of Miklan’s bandits and he assigns his son to drive off the rest of them alone. Sylvain however is not stupid so he asks us to help him. We clear them out and learn that Sylvain didn’t get along with his brother partly because his brother hated him for having a crest. This and the feeling that people only like him for his crest has given Sylvain a lot of complexes. Sylvain’s father gives him the lance that killed Miklan as a “reward” and Sylvain asks me to hold on to it for him. We get the Lance of Ruin!

We make our way to the Grondar Feild to have the mock battle. There’s a nice fort with a ballista that the Black Eagles have taken over and a river with two bridges that we are on the other side of and a forest where Golden Deer has sequestered themselves. Our goal is not just to outlast the other two houses but to do most of the beating up ourselves. If we do this we will get a nifty Blessed lance!

The battle begins after a nifty cutscene. We take the fort from the Black Eagles while they fight Golden Deer. The Black Eagles take out most of Golden Deer but make themselves vulnerable to be mopped up by us. We then track down Claude who’s been hiding in the trees like a goober while his whole house loses. Come on Claude at least Edelgard did something! With Claude taken out the game ends. But did we kill more goons the Black Eagles? Yes! We did! THE BLUE LIONS ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Pinkert passes his Intermediate exam and gets enough experience to be promoted! We are now an Armored Knight!

Other Notes: Sylvain has at one point hit on both Ingrid’s Granny and a Scarecrow. What a rogue. Despite being a Myrmidon Mercedes needs special lessons from Dimitri because she is so bad at it. She actually almost decapitates him. It makes me question Garrach Mach’s standards honestly.

MVPs this month: Pinkert, Dimitri

Sorry for the wait. Work is murder.
@Viivie @Edelgard @MaplesHaiku @PrinceOfSoup @Ern @Falinks Month 8: Red Wolf Moon: Dimitri has PTSD, this is why you don’t let 13-year-olds fight in wars. 2nd UPDATE IN LIKE AN HOUR WOOOO [s]sorry[/s] It’s my birthday! Dimitri gives me a brooch but I refuse to wear it because an Armored Knight needs an awesome shield. Speaking of disappointing birthday gifts my hometown of Remire has been infected by rabies! Magic rabies! That’s like the worst kind of rabies! Karen assigns us to investigate those goings-on with our father Jeralt because we’ll be extra motivated apparently. Thanks, Karen more Trauma is EXACTLY what I wanted for my birthday. We come across Dimitri talking to some middle-aged dude, is it… Dimitri’s 6TH FATHER?! Nope, it’s actually Lord Arundel, the Dude that Dimitri was researching earlier. He’s Dimitri’s uncle by marriage and Edelgard’s uncle by blood through the same sister. This means that Edelgard and Dimitri are technically siblings through marriage. Spicy. Don’t you love Royal family trees? Dimitri and Arundel’s conversation is aggressively polite in the way you act when you despise each other but can’t afford to let your distaste be known. Dedue comes in and asks us to keep an eye on Dimitri. He’s not sleeping well and he’s getting splitting headaches. Last month’s victory apparently made an impression because we recruit DROVES of people. We recruit Ignatz, Raphael, and FERDINAND VON AEGIR *trumpet sounds in the distance*. Manuela also joins our classes to help. Having a lot of students is great but less great is all the paralogues that appear. There are about 10 and I have like, 3 months to try to finish them. Oh, there are also OTHER battle missions on top of that?! YIKES. I decide to make this the month of Felix and tackle his two missions. One is a straightforward and boring training mission with his house. The other is his Paralogue. Rodrigue asks Felix for his help with some bandits. (Fearghus really has way too many bandits). We bust into the town and fight off the bandits while trying to save as many villagers as possible. Rodrigue it turns out can be just as rude as his son but in a way that is honestly more frustrating. The man KILL-STEALS! I mean come on dude! MAH EXPERIENCE! We finish the mission and we learn why Felix ha beef with his dad. When his older brother died in the Tragedy of Duscar Rodrigue comforted himself by stating that he died like a True Knight. Felix did not like this at all and while he enjoys the murder part of knighthood he’s been soured on the chivalry bit. After helping Felix Jeralt rushes in, the rabies situation in Remire has gotten out of control and we need to get there ASAP. When we get to Remire we get to a scene of absolute chaos. The rabid villagers are running around burning houses and doing unspeakable things. We also notice some suspicious robed dudes that are watching the chaos. Jeralt hypothesizes that these dudes caused the magic rabies. Suddenly the screams, fire, and violence become too much for Dimitri and he snaps. He begins to scream that we need to kill every last one of the hooded figures! EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! He runs off while the rest of us organize a rescue for the villagers without rabies. We then find Tomas with the masked villagers! Who’s Tomas you ask? You know! The librarian at Garrach mach? The old dude? The dude who I totally didn’t mention because he’s been absolutely insignificant until this point? [s]and he’s more relevant to the Verdant Wind arc anyway[/s]. Anyway, he’s BETRAYED US! I WOULD BE SO UPSET IF THIS WASN’T THE FIRST TIME I WAS AWARE OF HIM! Dimitri asks why and Tomas goes, “Lol because I Solon and it was funny.” And then he gets a massive brain tumor. I go to punch Solon in the face while Felix and Frederic Von Aegir save the townspeople from the rabies people. The Death Knight shows up too but he remains useless and inert. After I punch Solon he goes OW And disappears with his Death Knight toy model. After he leaves the Flame Emporer comes to talk with us. Jeralt accuses them of being in charge of the Remire village attack with Solon and the Flame Emporer goes “Yo, I’m working with Solon but not with Solon ya’know? I would have stopped him if I’d known yo. Want to join forces to give Solon a time out yo?” I go “Yeah, sounds legit.” but the Flame emperor was clearly not expecting things to turn out this easy because they go “OH NO THIS IS TOO EASY YO. ITS A TRAP YO.” and leave. RIP Flame Emporer unit. When we return Dimitri comes to talk with us. He’s embarrassed that he went full enraged chihuahua on us in the last battle and he explains that the Remire incident reminded him of the Tragedy of Duscar and that set him off. He tells us that he saw his father and stepmother killed right in front of him and that his father screamed at him to promise to avenge him. He gets furious at us when we insinuate that maybe Flame Emporer might have a chance of not being pure evil. We don’t understand. Dimitri NEEDS to murder scum. It’s his purpose. It’s the reason he’s at Garach Mach… FOR REVENGE! Anyway, Karen name drops the name Sothis on us. Apparently our Precocious Waif is a goddess. Sothis herself seems horrified, both at being a goddess and of Karen. Hapi gets promoted to mage and Dimitri… gets promoted to Archer pffffft [emoji=tundra laughing size=2]. His best weapon right now is a mini bow by the way. I like to imagine that he, like, destroys them like every 3rd time he uses them and he goes like, “DANG IT ALL PINKERT I’M A SPEAR BOY! STOP GIVING ME FIDDLY BOWS!” Other Notes: Ashe has to stop Caspar from murdering some guy. I actually think that Caspar and Dimitri should have gotten a support because they are really similar when it comes to their approach when it comes to “Bad people”. The fact that they don’t have a support is honestly a huge missed opportunity. CASPAR/DIMITRI SUPPORT DLC PLEASE! Ingrid and Ashe are fangirling over chivalry stories and it’s very cute. MVPs this month: Caspar, Dimitri, Felix

Month 8: Red Wolf Moon: Dimitri has PTSD, this is why you don’t let 13-year-olds fight in wars.

2nd UPDATE IN LIKE AN HOUR WOOOO sorry

It’s my birthday! Dimitri gives me a brooch but I refuse to wear it because an Armored Knight needs an awesome shield. Speaking of disappointing birthday gifts my hometown of Remire has been infected by rabies! Magic rabies! That’s like the worst kind of rabies! Karen assigns us to investigate those goings-on with our father Jeralt because we’ll be extra motivated apparently. Thanks, Karen more Trauma is EXACTLY what I wanted for my birthday.

We come across Dimitri talking to some middle-aged dude, is it… Dimitri’s 6TH FATHER?! Nope, it’s actually Lord Arundel, the Dude that Dimitri was researching earlier. He’s Dimitri’s uncle by marriage and Edelgard’s uncle by blood through the same sister. This means that Edelgard and Dimitri are technically siblings through marriage. Spicy. Don’t you love Royal family trees? Dimitri and Arundel’s conversation is aggressively polite in the way you act when you despise each other but can’t afford to let your distaste be known. Dedue comes in and asks us to keep an eye on Dimitri. He’s not sleeping well and he’s getting splitting headaches.

Last month’s victory apparently made an impression because we recruit DROVES of people. We recruit Ignatz, Raphael, and FERDINAND VON AEGIR *trumpet sounds in the distance*. Manuela also joins our classes to help.

Having a lot of students is great but less great is all the paralogues that appear. There are about 10 and I have like, 3 months to try to finish them. Oh, there are also OTHER battle missions on top of that?! YIKES. I decide to make this the month of Felix and tackle his two missions. One is a straightforward and boring training mission with his house. The other is his Paralogue.

Rodrigue asks Felix for his help with some bandits. (Fearghus really has way too many bandits). We bust into the town and fight off the bandits while trying to save as many villagers as possible. Rodrigue it turns out can be just as rude as his son but in a way that is honestly more frustrating. The man KILL-STEALS! I mean come on dude! MAH EXPERIENCE! We finish the mission and we learn why Felix ha beef with his dad. When his older brother died in the Tragedy of Duscar Rodrigue comforted himself by stating that he died like a True Knight. Felix did not like this at all and while he enjoys the murder part of knighthood he’s been soured on the chivalry bit.

After helping Felix Jeralt rushes in, the rabies situation in Remire has gotten out of control and we need to get there ASAP. When we get to Remire we get to a scene of absolute chaos. The rabid villagers are running around burning houses and doing unspeakable things. We also notice some suspicious robed dudes that are watching the chaos. Jeralt hypothesizes that these dudes caused the magic rabies.

Suddenly the screams, fire, and violence become too much for Dimitri and he snaps. He begins to scream that we need to kill every last one of the hooded figures! EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! He runs off while the rest of us organize a rescue for the villagers without rabies. We then find Tomas with the masked villagers! Who’s Tomas you ask? You know! The librarian at Garrach mach? The old dude? The dude who I totally didn’t mention because he’s been absolutely insignificant until this point? and he’s more relevant to the Verdant Wind arc anyway. Anyway, he’s BETRAYED US! I WOULD BE SO UPSET IF THIS WASN’T THE FIRST TIME I WAS AWARE OF HIM! Dimitri asks why and Tomas goes, “Lol because I Solon and it was funny.” And then he gets a massive brain tumor. I go to punch Solon in the face while Felix and Frederic Von Aegir save the townspeople from the rabies people. The Death Knight shows up too but he remains useless and inert. After I punch Solon he goes OW And disappears with his Death Knight toy model.

After he leaves the Flame Emporer comes to talk with us. Jeralt accuses them of being in charge of the Remire village attack with Solon and the Flame Emporer goes “Yo, I’m working with Solon but not with Solon ya’know? I would have stopped him if I’d known yo. Want to join forces to give Solon a time out yo?” I go “Yeah, sounds legit.” but the Flame emperor was clearly not expecting things to turn out this easy because they go “OH NO THIS IS TOO EASY YO. ITS A TRAP YO.” and leave. RIP Flame Emporer unit.

When we return Dimitri comes to talk with us. He’s embarrassed that he went full enraged chihuahua on us in the last battle and he explains that the Remire incident reminded him of the Tragedy of Duscar and that set him off. He tells us that he saw his father and stepmother killed right in front of him and that his father screamed at him to promise to avenge him. He gets furious at us when we insinuate that maybe Flame Emporer might have a chance of not being pure evil. We don’t understand. Dimitri NEEDS to murder scum. It’s his purpose. It’s the reason he’s at Garach Mach… FOR REVENGE!

Anyway, Karen name drops the name Sothis on us. Apparently our Precocious Waif is a goddess. Sothis herself seems horrified, both at being a goddess and of Karen.

Hapi gets promoted to mage and Dimitri… gets promoted to Archer pffffft . His best weapon right now is a mini bow by the way. I like to imagine that he, like, destroys them like every 3rd time he uses them and he goes like, “DANG IT ALL PINKERT I’M A SPEAR BOY! STOP GIVING ME FIDDLY BOWS!”

Other Notes: Ashe has to stop Caspar from murdering some guy. I actually think that Caspar and Dimitri should have gotten a support because they are really similar when it comes to their approach when it comes to “Bad people”. The fact that they don’t have a support is honestly a huge missed opportunity. CASPAR/DIMITRI SUPPORT DLC PLEASE! Ingrid and Ashe are fangirling over chivalry stories and it’s very cute.

MVPs this month: Caspar, Dimitri, Felix
Archer Dimitri is honestly hilarious, that's like the least fitting class for him and I'm here for it. I'm imagining him just giving up on using the bow as intended and instead beating people senseless with the bow itself. Ingrid/Ashe's supports are beyond adorable, I'm really glad that they get to nerd out with each other! Probably makes for a nice change of pace from murdering family and all that. Also Felix and Rodrigue be like: [img]https://i.imgur.com/1nwhzx6.png[/img]
Archer Dimitri is honestly hilarious, that's like the least fitting class for him and I'm here for it. I'm imagining him just giving up on using the bow as intended and instead beating people senseless with the bow itself.

Ingrid/Ashe's supports are beyond adorable, I'm really glad that they get to nerd out with each other! Probably makes for a nice change of pace from murdering family and all that.

Also Felix and Rodrigue be like:
1nwhzx6.png
td9UiZS.png
This is fantastic! Pinglist please :D.
This is fantastic! Pinglist please :D.

FaCKLHz.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Them FR 0:00
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lore Notebook
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDragon Trading (1:1)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basic to Rare Chall
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifProgenitor Quest
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Clan Lore
I have no idea why but tHe fLaMe EmPeRoR saying yo after everything cracks me up aSKDKD

Also oh my gosh, Archer Dimitri xD I could be wrong but aren't bows?? Actually one of his weaknesses?? Considering that and the fact Mercedes is using swords, it looks like RNG's being pretty mean with classing :,)
I have no idea why but tHe fLaMe EmPeRoR saying yo after everything cracks me up aSKDKD

Also oh my gosh, Archer Dimitri xD I could be wrong but aren't bows?? Actually one of his weaknesses?? Considering that and the fact Mercedes is using swords, it looks like RNG's being pretty mean with classing :,)
@Ern I love that meme. Also yes, Beat people up with the Mini bow Dimitri.

@Viivie Weirdly bows are not Dimitri's weakness.

But given his propensity for destroying equipment they really should be.

@Falinks I promise it is a nuzlock. I've limited Divine Pulse to one use so I think a death may happen? hopefully in arc two? I also feel like now that my class size is double that we'll have more problems with EXP, especially since RNG determins the roster.

If I complete the run with little to no death I'll definitely do my next Iron run on hard mode.

RNG ain't taking any of Dimitri's sass.

@Ern I love that meme. Also yes, Beat people up with the Mini bow Dimitri.

@Viivie Weirdly bows are not Dimitri's weakness.

But given his propensity for destroying equipment they really should be.

@Falinks I promise it is a nuzlock. I've limited Divine Pulse to one use so I think a death may happen? hopefully in arc two? I also feel like now that my class size is double that we'll have more problems with EXP, especially since RNG determins the roster.

If I complete the run with little to no death I'll definitely do my next Iron run on hard mode.

RNG ain't taking any of Dimitri's sass.

@Tynethyne Will do!
@Tynethyne Will do!
@Viivie @Edelgard @MaplesHaiku @PrinceOfSoup @Ern @Falinks @Tynethyne

Month 9: Ethereal Moon: The White Heron Ball is stupid, this whole month is stupid, THIS DANG MONTH MAN!.

Hi guys! remember how great the Locke was going? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ha.

So when Fodlan reaches their 12th and final month Garrach Mach has this ball thing because it’s the anniversary of their founding. There are dances, food, clandestine dates on a religious site that’s implied to grant your wishes if you go together. You know, normal holiday stuff. We run into the Best Character the Gatekeeper and he mentions the date thing which causes a prompt to pick one of three students. These three students are both capable of reaching S-rank with a male Byleth and have reached at least Rank B at this point. Are options are Annette, Ingrid, and Mercedes. Now you might think that Pinkert has a preference and you’d be wrong. Pinkert has nothing in his heart but cruel, unrelenting, RNG. So we roll to see who we go on a date with. RNG picks Ingrid.

Our next task is to pick a student for the Dance contest. This dance contest happens the week before the White Heron Ball and the winner gets to open the ball. They also get access to a very neat support class called the Dancer. Dancers are valuable because they have an action that allows another unit to move twice in one round. This is a very, very alluring skill to have in any Fire Emblem game so we wants it. We roll our dice again to pick out candidates. The Dice picks Ignatz. Ignatz if you don’t know is a very scrawny, nerdy, boy and he has very low charm. We need at least 13 charm to win so we force him to dance. He just barely makes 13 and though I want to do the dance practice again the game decides not to let me. :C At least we recruit Hilda!

We reach the day of the Dance contest that is judged by Alois (broadway fanboy), Shamir (dragged into this), and Manuela (actual Broadway star). Ignatz’s rivals are Dorothea from Black Eagle House (another Broadway starlet) and Marianne (Probably wants to be anywhere but here right now.) from Golden Deer House. The weird ½ of a waltz dancing commences and the judges make their verdict. Manuela picks Ignatz! That’s great. ThenShamir picks Marianne. No Shamir why. Alois makes the final vote… and picks… Marianne? Wait… WE LOST?!

That’s a big bummer. I guess at least Ignatz is mildly charming now.

Then the REAL bummer happens.

We pick Sothis’ Paralogue.

Sothis wants to go to back to Zarudo in the Red Canyon. It’s that holy place that was our first assignment from the church. She thinks she can unlock more memories if we go there. Dimitri spots us as we leave and decides it would be an epic prank to follow us. He gathers some students. Unfortunately shortly after we arrive packs of monsters come to attack us. And OH BOY THE MONSTERS. Their attacks, poison us, stop us from moving, and do huge area of effect damage. Did I mention that RNG declined to send any healers this time? Because of this, I lose 5 UNITS. Dedue, Shamir, Hilda, Caspar, and Frederic Von Aegir all fall to these dumb monsters. That’s right we went from no deaths at all TOO 5! And I don’t even get a dancer! We do end up defeating the boss monster and Sothis has the gall to say something like “Well that didn’t go as expected!” OH REALLY SOTHIS!? Needless to say, I pick a very low-level fight to help buff my lower level students.

By the way it doesn’t really look like students die in the 1st year. Dedue still shows up in cutscenes and you can still talk to people though you can’t interact with them like a “living” student. They aren’t in the roster or in classes anymore either. They do however still register as Blue Lions on the map. I’ve heard rumors that units that die in year one might come back in year two. though they’ll probably be woefully behind in levels if that’s true. Anyway since no one “died” I choose to call their new state “Purgatory”.

After that, we attend the ball. Whatever. Everyone is having fun though and our class decides to meet again at the millennial Festival 5 years from now. It will be the 1000th year since Garrach Mach’s founding and it will apparently be a doozy. I may come kids but only because you care. The dance starts and Claude asks us to dance with him on the floor. AWESOME! Truly a silver lining on our miserable month. We are still kinda miserable though so we leave. We run into Dimitri who has fled because he’s a natural wallflower that’s been turned into a popular dude against his will. We learn that he and Edelgard actually became friends for a year when she had to leave because of political upheaval in the empire. She taught him to dance and he gave her a dagger. Because the kingdom values murder above all else and indoctrinate their children to violence ASAP. We then have a date with Ingrid, she eats the whole time. Yep. that’s it. We then find Karen singing a song that Sothis remembers singing to someone… but who was it?

Literally the next day our dad Jeralt comes home to give us that talk he promised last month but hen Alois bursts in. There are monsters in the monastery! And a bunch of students had gathered themselves in the chapel suspiciously and then disappeared! Is there a correlation!? We go into battle and my heart sinks as I realize that it’s ANOTHER all monster fight. Luckily these monsters are trash monsters so we manage to mop up without losing anyone. It might have helped that Flayn was around for heals this time. But it really helps that no-one stops movement.

After the battle we come across Monica who claims to be happy to her rescuers… but then she immediately stabs Jeralt! We divine Pulse to try to kill her before she succeeds but our attack is stopped by this wizard dude and Monica succeeds in stabbing Jeralt again. We divine pulse again because it’s fate now. (Sothis’ words). We cry for the first time ever as our father dies and swear revenge.

We later find Jeralt’s diary in his old office. It reveals that we were born in Garrach Mach but that Karen did so many shady things during our birth that Jeralt decided to fake our death and flee. We also learn that we’ve struggled with emotion since birth and that we lack a heartbeat (but not a pulse?)

Dimitri comes and has great sympathy for us since he suffered similar things as a child (albeit way more intensely). HE tells us that after morning we will need to find meaning in a purpose. His purpose is to kill every son of a gun involved in the Tragedy of Duscar. It’s ok, that’s what the ghosts of his family want him to do! Oh um… that’s a metaphor ok? Ok Dimitri, geez. Dimitri promises to help us with VENGENCE.

We then meet with Karen who in fact realized we were the fake death baby immediately. She says that our childbirth was very hard and that our mother chooses our life over her own. That’s nice.

So anyway ETHEREAL MOON SUCKS!

Felix gets promoted to a Priest of all things.

Deaths this month: Jeralt

In purgatory: Hilda, Caspar, Dedue, Shamir, and Frederic Von Aegir.

MVPs this month: Pinkert, Felix, Dimitri

I have a confession guys I actually had to reset on the Sothis battle but it wasn’t because I was losing! I ran out of time on my lunch break and I had to turn the game off so I could go to work. I PROMISE THAT ONLY FILTHY, FILTHY, LUCRE COULD MAKE ME BETRAY YOU!!!! I punished myself by disallowing Divine Pulse when restarting the battle by reasoning that the reset essentially had the same effect. I also learned not to do battles at lunch because APPARENTLY they last as long as your average Monster Hunter fight.
@Viivie @Edelgard @MaplesHaiku @PrinceOfSoup @Ern @Falinks @Tynethyne

Month 9: Ethereal Moon: The White Heron Ball is stupid, this whole month is stupid, THIS DANG MONTH MAN!.

Hi guys! remember how great the Locke was going? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ha.

So when Fodlan reaches their 12th and final month Garrach Mach has this ball thing because it’s the anniversary of their founding. There are dances, food, clandestine dates on a religious site that’s implied to grant your wishes if you go together. You know, normal holiday stuff. We run into the Best Character the Gatekeeper and he mentions the date thing which causes a prompt to pick one of three students. These three students are both capable of reaching S-rank with a male Byleth and have reached at least Rank B at this point. Are options are Annette, Ingrid, and Mercedes. Now you might think that Pinkert has a preference and you’d be wrong. Pinkert has nothing in his heart but cruel, unrelenting, RNG. So we roll to see who we go on a date with. RNG picks Ingrid.

Our next task is to pick a student for the Dance contest. This dance contest happens the week before the White Heron Ball and the winner gets to open the ball. They also get access to a very neat support class called the Dancer. Dancers are valuable because they have an action that allows another unit to move twice in one round. This is a very, very alluring skill to have in any Fire Emblem game so we wants it. We roll our dice again to pick out candidates. The Dice picks Ignatz. Ignatz if you don’t know is a very scrawny, nerdy, boy and he has very low charm. We need at least 13 charm to win so we force him to dance. He just barely makes 13 and though I want to do the dance practice again the game decides not to let me. :C At least we recruit Hilda!

We reach the day of the Dance contest that is judged by Alois (broadway fanboy), Shamir (dragged into this), and Manuela (actual Broadway star). Ignatz’s rivals are Dorothea from Black Eagle House (another Broadway starlet) and Marianne (Probably wants to be anywhere but here right now.) from Golden Deer House. The weird ½ of a waltz dancing commences and the judges make their verdict. Manuela picks Ignatz! That’s great. ThenShamir picks Marianne. No Shamir why. Alois makes the final vote… and picks… Marianne? Wait… WE LOST?!

That’s a big bummer. I guess at least Ignatz is mildly charming now.

Then the REAL bummer happens.

We pick Sothis’ Paralogue.

Sothis wants to go to back to Zarudo in the Red Canyon. It’s that holy place that was our first assignment from the church. She thinks she can unlock more memories if we go there. Dimitri spots us as we leave and decides it would be an epic prank to follow us. He gathers some students. Unfortunately shortly after we arrive packs of monsters come to attack us. And OH BOY THE MONSTERS. Their attacks, poison us, stop us from moving, and do huge area of effect damage. Did I mention that RNG declined to send any healers this time? Because of this, I lose 5 UNITS. Dedue, Shamir, Hilda, Caspar, and Frederic Von Aegir all fall to these dumb monsters. That’s right we went from no deaths at all TOO 5! And I don’t even get a dancer! We do end up defeating the boss monster and Sothis has the gall to say something like “Well that didn’t go as expected!” OH REALLY SOTHIS!? Needless to say, I pick a very low-level fight to help buff my lower level students.

By the way it doesn’t really look like students die in the 1st year. Dedue still shows up in cutscenes and you can still talk to people though you can’t interact with them like a “living” student. They aren’t in the roster or in classes anymore either. They do however still register as Blue Lions on the map. I’ve heard rumors that units that die in year one might come back in year two. though they’ll probably be woefully behind in levels if that’s true. Anyway since no one “died” I choose to call their new state “Purgatory”.

After that, we attend the ball. Whatever. Everyone is having fun though and our class decides to meet again at the millennial Festival 5 years from now. It will be the 1000th year since Garrach Mach’s founding and it will apparently be a doozy. I may come kids but only because you care. The dance starts and Claude asks us to dance with him on the floor. AWESOME! Truly a silver lining on our miserable month. We are still kinda miserable though so we leave. We run into Dimitri who has fled because he’s a natural wallflower that’s been turned into a popular dude against his will. We learn that he and Edelgard actually became friends for a year when she had to leave because of political upheaval in the empire. She taught him to dance and he gave her a dagger. Because the kingdom values murder above all else and indoctrinate their children to violence ASAP. We then have a date with Ingrid, she eats the whole time. Yep. that’s it. We then find Karen singing a song that Sothis remembers singing to someone… but who was it?

Literally the next day our dad Jeralt comes home to give us that talk he promised last month but hen Alois bursts in. There are monsters in the monastery! And a bunch of students had gathered themselves in the chapel suspiciously and then disappeared! Is there a correlation!? We go into battle and my heart sinks as I realize that it’s ANOTHER all monster fight. Luckily these monsters are trash monsters so we manage to mop up without losing anyone. It might have helped that Flayn was around for heals this time. But it really helps that no-one stops movement.

After the battle we come across Monica who claims to be happy to her rescuers… but then she immediately stabs Jeralt! We divine Pulse to try to kill her before she succeeds but our attack is stopped by this wizard dude and Monica succeeds in stabbing Jeralt again. We divine pulse again because it’s fate now. (Sothis’ words). We cry for the first time ever as our father dies and swear revenge.

We later find Jeralt’s diary in his old office. It reveals that we were born in Garrach Mach but that Karen did so many shady things during our birth that Jeralt decided to fake our death and flee. We also learn that we’ve struggled with emotion since birth and that we lack a heartbeat (but not a pulse?)

Dimitri comes and has great sympathy for us since he suffered similar things as a child (albeit way more intensely). HE tells us that after morning we will need to find meaning in a purpose. His purpose is to kill every son of a gun involved in the Tragedy of Duscar. It’s ok, that’s what the ghosts of his family want him to do! Oh um… that’s a metaphor ok? Ok Dimitri, geez. Dimitri promises to help us with VENGENCE.

We then meet with Karen who in fact realized we were the fake death baby immediately. She says that our childbirth was very hard and that our mother chooses our life over her own. That’s nice.

So anyway ETHEREAL MOON SUCKS!

Felix gets promoted to a Priest of all things.

Deaths this month: Jeralt

In purgatory: Hilda, Caspar, Dedue, Shamir, and Frederic Von Aegir.

MVPs this month: Pinkert, Felix, Dimitri

I have a confession guys I actually had to reset on the Sothis battle but it wasn’t because I was losing! I ran out of time on my lunch break and I had to turn the game off so I could go to work. I PROMISE THAT ONLY FILTHY, FILTHY, LUCRE COULD MAKE ME BETRAY YOU!!!! I punished myself by disallowing Divine Pulse when restarting the battle by reasoning that the reset essentially had the same effect. I also learned not to do battles at lunch because APPARENTLY they last as long as your average Monster Hunter fight.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7