Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Pinkerton's Iron Run (Fire Emblem 3H)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="Viivie" date="2020-08-25 14:17:09" ] father son bonding day gONE WRONG!! [/quote] I laughed out loud not going to lie. Good point about the danger of RNG crits. I'll keep it in mind as I move forward...
Viivie wrote on 2020-08-25 14:17:09:
father son bonding day gONE WRONG!!

I laughed out loud not going to lie.

Good point about the danger of RNG crits. I'll keep it in mind as I move forward...
@Viivie @Edelgard @MaplesHaiku @PrinceOfSoup @Ern

Month 4: Blue Sea Moon: I don’t know Dimitri, if I wanted to steal from Karen I’d steal her Rib Eye steak.

As the month begins I find Dimitri teaching the local orphans how to KILL. There is no way this can go wrong so we encourage hem to continue. He reminisces about his 3rd dad Rodrigue who is Felix’s actual dad and a pretty cool dude apparently? They’d be great brothers if Felix didn’t call Dimitri a filthy, rabid, chihuahua every time he walked into the room.

Our conversation shifts into the supposed plot to assassinate Karen. While the idea seems more and more reasonable the more we get to know her we decide that only a raging moron would try to attack someone guarded by Catherine and Seteth and that the note was probably a planned distraction. The note-leavers actual goal is probably to steal a thing. We decide to investigate possible heist locations instead of doing our actual job of being security detail.

It seems that people believe that EVERY place in Garach Mach has something worth stealing though I tend to agree with Raphael from Golden Deer house. The food from the kitchens is the REAL prize. Dimitri disagrees with our ingenious deduction and says that the better target is the Holy Mausoleum, a tomb where the saints lie with buried treasure and yadda yadda you can’t EAT TREASURE Dimitri! Nevertheless, we are outvoted and we agree to meet at the mausoleum on the day the “assassination”.

The rest of the month is actually pretty chill and quiet. I skip out on the option of a 2nd battle in order to buff my skills and raise my student’s motivation for their studies. I enter Dedue in a sword tournament but he loses in the Semifinals. WHY ARE YOU SO USELESS DEDUUUUUE. (He is great at gardening tho). Ashe also continues to show that he is still an absolute sweetheart. That boy can do no wrong in my eyes and he is my favorite son.

At the end of the month, we put our plan in motion. I complain that I am hungry until Annette tides me over with a Snickers. Apparently I’m not myself when I’m hungry. To my chagrin Dimitri was right. People ARE trying to steal from the tombs! We run-up to the guy trying to open the tomb and slap him. But he’s already opened the tomb which has… a sword?! Pinkert picks up the sword and it glows red like Catherine’s sword. It’s a Holy Relic and it is super compatible with our crest! We capture the remaining thieves but we didn’t need to bother because Karen immediately executes them all. Yesh. She’s pretty thrilled about us being able to use the Holy Relic and lets us keep it. Nice. We got the Sword of The Creator.

We end the month with our students who discuss how the thieves were disenfranchised members of the Western Church which are treated as second-rate by the Central Church. Pinkert reveals his lack of knowledge about the church and my students are like “But you work for them Pink”. That’s a good point students!

Oh yeah there was this Death Knight Dude? I forgot about him because he just literally let us run past him.

Ashe gains enough experience to promote to fighter! Sylvain, Mercedes, and Dedue pass their beginner exams and also receive enough experience to be promoted. Sylvain becomes a fighter while Mercedes and Dedue both become Myrmidon’s. I’ll miss your healing spells Mercedes. Dimitri passes his Intermediate Class exam but does not have nearly enough experience to promote.

Other Notes: I have a tea date with Claude and Flayn. Annette and Dimitri are best friends because they share dads. (That’s Dimitri’s 2nd dad). Sothis thinks Karen is a poopy head and I can’t disagree.

MVP’s this month: My best boi Ashe.
@Viivie @Edelgard @MaplesHaiku @PrinceOfSoup @Ern

Month 4: Blue Sea Moon: I don’t know Dimitri, if I wanted to steal from Karen I’d steal her Rib Eye steak.

As the month begins I find Dimitri teaching the local orphans how to KILL. There is no way this can go wrong so we encourage hem to continue. He reminisces about his 3rd dad Rodrigue who is Felix’s actual dad and a pretty cool dude apparently? They’d be great brothers if Felix didn’t call Dimitri a filthy, rabid, chihuahua every time he walked into the room.

Our conversation shifts into the supposed plot to assassinate Karen. While the idea seems more and more reasonable the more we get to know her we decide that only a raging moron would try to attack someone guarded by Catherine and Seteth and that the note was probably a planned distraction. The note-leavers actual goal is probably to steal a thing. We decide to investigate possible heist locations instead of doing our actual job of being security detail.

It seems that people believe that EVERY place in Garach Mach has something worth stealing though I tend to agree with Raphael from Golden Deer house. The food from the kitchens is the REAL prize. Dimitri disagrees with our ingenious deduction and says that the better target is the Holy Mausoleum, a tomb where the saints lie with buried treasure and yadda yadda you can’t EAT TREASURE Dimitri! Nevertheless, we are outvoted and we agree to meet at the mausoleum on the day the “assassination”.

The rest of the month is actually pretty chill and quiet. I skip out on the option of a 2nd battle in order to buff my skills and raise my student’s motivation for their studies. I enter Dedue in a sword tournament but he loses in the Semifinals. WHY ARE YOU SO USELESS DEDUUUUUE. (He is great at gardening tho). Ashe also continues to show that he is still an absolute sweetheart. That boy can do no wrong in my eyes and he is my favorite son.

At the end of the month, we put our plan in motion. I complain that I am hungry until Annette tides me over with a Snickers. Apparently I’m not myself when I’m hungry. To my chagrin Dimitri was right. People ARE trying to steal from the tombs! We run-up to the guy trying to open the tomb and slap him. But he’s already opened the tomb which has… a sword?! Pinkert picks up the sword and it glows red like Catherine’s sword. It’s a Holy Relic and it is super compatible with our crest! We capture the remaining thieves but we didn’t need to bother because Karen immediately executes them all. Yesh. She’s pretty thrilled about us being able to use the Holy Relic and lets us keep it. Nice. We got the Sword of The Creator.

We end the month with our students who discuss how the thieves were disenfranchised members of the Western Church which are treated as second-rate by the Central Church. Pinkert reveals his lack of knowledge about the church and my students are like “But you work for them Pink”. That’s a good point students!

Oh yeah there was this Death Knight Dude? I forgot about him because he just literally let us run past him.

Ashe gains enough experience to promote to fighter! Sylvain, Mercedes, and Dedue pass their beginner exams and also receive enough experience to be promoted. Sylvain becomes a fighter while Mercedes and Dedue both become Myrmidon’s. I’ll miss your healing spells Mercedes. Dimitri passes his Intermediate Class exam but does not have nearly enough experience to promote.

Other Notes: I have a tea date with Claude and Flayn. Annette and Dimitri are best friends because they share dads. (That’s Dimitri’s 2nd dad). Sothis thinks Karen is a poopy head and I can’t disagree.

MVP’s this month: My best boi Ashe.
Dimitri's not only a rabid, filthy chihuaha, but he's also Mr. steal-yo-dad

Also can't disagree, Ashe is best son :,)

[quote name="Viivie" date="2020-08-25 17:18:39" ] Dimitri's not only a rabid, filthy chihuaha, but he's also Mr. steal-yo-dad Also can't disagree, Ashe is best son :,) [/quote] Dimitri has stolen so many dad's that I think Dedue is also his dad. But he might also be his mom? Wait... are [i]we[/i] also Dimitri's dad? Like jeez son, how many parents do you need?
Viivie wrote on 2020-08-25 17:18:39:

Dimitri has stolen so many dad's that I think Dedue is also his dad. But he might also be his mom?

Wait... are we also Dimitri's dad?

Like jeez son, how many parents do you need?
[center]Mercedes be like: [img]https://i.redd.it/4dq23z7cl8g31.jpg[/img] Ashe is a precious cinnamon roll and I'm glad to see he is appreciated! Maybe the thieves were onto something by raiding the Mausoleum, you may not be able to eat treasure but I bet that sword of the creator would make a great soup base.
Mercedes be like:
4dq23z7cl8g31.jpg

Ashe is a precious cinnamon roll and I'm glad to see he is appreciated!

Maybe the thieves were onto something by raiding the Mausoleum, you may not be able to eat treasure but I bet that sword of the creator would make a great soup base.
td9UiZS.png
@Ern That image is a thing of sheer beauty. And that's an amazing point! The Sword of the Creator would make excellent broth! I should try it now! Don't tell Karen.
@Ern That image is a thing of sheer beauty. And that's an amazing point! The Sword of the Creator would make excellent broth! I should try it now! Don't tell Karen.
@Falinks added! I'm glad I can shed some illumination on the joyful madness that is Fire Emblem.

Documenting this run has made me fully appreciate how... complex Dimitri can be.
@Falinks added! I'm glad I can shed some illumination on the joyful madness that is Fire Emblem.

Documenting this run has made me fully appreciate how... complex Dimitri can be.
@Viivie @Edelgard @MaplesHaiku @PrinceOfSoup @Ern @Falinks

Month 5: Verdant Rain Moon: Dimitri and Sylvain have a family reunion (but not together).

Karen gives us our new assignment. We need to take out some bandits who stole a Holy Relic. The band of thieves is lead by… Sylvain’s brother?! On no, NOT THIS AGAIN! Luckily Sylvain, unlike Ashe, isn’t really all that attached to his family. Then asked about how he felt about the impending death of his brother (possibly by his own end) Sylvain just shrugged and said “Sure, why not, he deserves it.” and proceeded to ask out his 2000th girlfriend. Remind me to keep an eye on Sylvain, his behavior is worrisome.

On the bright side Dimitri gets a reunion with not one, but TWO of his Dads! His third dad, Rodrigue just happened to drop by to say hi. And it’s really heartwarming to see him and Dimitri interact. Less heartwarming is Felix who has decided to hide in his room and wallow in PURE TEENAGE ANGST.

His 2nd dad, Gilbert has actually been in Garrach Mach this whole time as a knight but we haven’t seen him because he’s been hiding from his actual daughter Annette… Apparently she wasn’t supposed to find him here? But he can’t keep hiding because Karen has assigned him to babysit us as we destroy Sylvain’s brother. Needless to say, even Dimitri feels awkward about the situation. Nevertheless, as Dimitri’s 4th Dad I invite both him and Dimitri for some manly bonding at the sauna but of course, he ghosts us.

Meanwhile, Karen has begun to get A BIT TOO CLINGY. I made the mistake of asking her to teach me how to punch things better and she decided that that was some sort of love confession. She’s been forcing me to attend tea dates and asking me to come to her house and saying I owe her or something because she saved my Dad’s life. Which is nice and all but I OWE YOU NOTHING KAREN. Karen needs to learn that she is not entitled to my love just because she can punch dudes better then I can!

We also help around the monastery by refurbishing the statues of the 4 saints. Saint Macuil is already completely done and Saint Cichol got a nice bronzing. We hastily put up candles for Indech and we’ve completely ignored Saint Cethleen. We do this because they make us better at killing. We also cleared out some bandits that were preventing some merchants from coming in. Now that they are here I can buy bribes for my students! YAY!

We then reach the end of the month and track down Sylvain’s brother Miklan. We learn that Miklan is bitter because he was disinherited for laking a crest and he got so salty about it that he stole the family’s holy relic and started looting and pillaging the countryside. It is, as Dimitri so eloquently puts it “Like, so unforgivable”.

We plow through his bandits though it’s a bit more of a slog then we’ve been used to so far. Felix and Ingrid actually almost bite it at two different times. Things REALLY heat up when the relic Miklan stole turns him into A LITERAL KAIJU. We fight him as a group and everyone (except Ashe he skipped out again, PTSD probably.) gets a hit in with Mercedes of all people getting the killing blow. The weapon disengages from Miklan’s corpse and we gingerly return it to Karen. Karen explains that these things happen when someone without a crest uses a holy relic and that Miklan totally derived it for being scum enough to think he even deserved to touch the relic. Don’t worry the Sword of the Creator won’t turn US into a monster. We have the very cool Crest of Flames after all! We are about to leave when Karen’s lieutenant Seteth rushes in… Someone has kidnapped his sister Flayn! OH NO!

Annette, Ingrid, and Constance finally got the experience they needed to promote from their basic class. Annette became a soldier while Ingrid and Constance both became Fighters. Hapi also passed her Intermediate class exam but remains a monk for now.

(When pressed to comment on how he felt about his brother’s gruesome demise, Sylvain had this to say “It was a bit of a bummer I guess, HEY! Do you want to pick up chicks?!”)

Other notable things this month: Mercedes gets 6 perfect results from studying swords but since she is actually bad at swords it still gives very little experience. Thanks RNG I guess?

MVP’s this month: Constance, Dimitri
@Viivie @Edelgard @MaplesHaiku @PrinceOfSoup @Ern @Falinks

Month 5: Verdant Rain Moon: Dimitri and Sylvain have a family reunion (but not together).

Karen gives us our new assignment. We need to take out some bandits who stole a Holy Relic. The band of thieves is lead by… Sylvain’s brother?! On no, NOT THIS AGAIN! Luckily Sylvain, unlike Ashe, isn’t really all that attached to his family. Then asked about how he felt about the impending death of his brother (possibly by his own end) Sylvain just shrugged and said “Sure, why not, he deserves it.” and proceeded to ask out his 2000th girlfriend. Remind me to keep an eye on Sylvain, his behavior is worrisome.

On the bright side Dimitri gets a reunion with not one, but TWO of his Dads! His third dad, Rodrigue just happened to drop by to say hi. And it’s really heartwarming to see him and Dimitri interact. Less heartwarming is Felix who has decided to hide in his room and wallow in PURE TEENAGE ANGST.

His 2nd dad, Gilbert has actually been in Garrach Mach this whole time as a knight but we haven’t seen him because he’s been hiding from his actual daughter Annette… Apparently she wasn’t supposed to find him here? But he can’t keep hiding because Karen has assigned him to babysit us as we destroy Sylvain’s brother. Needless to say, even Dimitri feels awkward about the situation. Nevertheless, as Dimitri’s 4th Dad I invite both him and Dimitri for some manly bonding at the sauna but of course, he ghosts us.

Meanwhile, Karen has begun to get A BIT TOO CLINGY. I made the mistake of asking her to teach me how to punch things better and she decided that that was some sort of love confession. She’s been forcing me to attend tea dates and asking me to come to her house and saying I owe her or something because she saved my Dad’s life. Which is nice and all but I OWE YOU NOTHING KAREN. Karen needs to learn that she is not entitled to my love just because she can punch dudes better then I can!

We also help around the monastery by refurbishing the statues of the 4 saints. Saint Macuil is already completely done and Saint Cichol got a nice bronzing. We hastily put up candles for Indech and we’ve completely ignored Saint Cethleen. We do this because they make us better at killing. We also cleared out some bandits that were preventing some merchants from coming in. Now that they are here I can buy bribes for my students! YAY!

We then reach the end of the month and track down Sylvain’s brother Miklan. We learn that Miklan is bitter because he was disinherited for laking a crest and he got so salty about it that he stole the family’s holy relic and started looting and pillaging the countryside. It is, as Dimitri so eloquently puts it “Like, so unforgivable”.

We plow through his bandits though it’s a bit more of a slog then we’ve been used to so far. Felix and Ingrid actually almost bite it at two different times. Things REALLY heat up when the relic Miklan stole turns him into A LITERAL KAIJU. We fight him as a group and everyone (except Ashe he skipped out again, PTSD probably.) gets a hit in with Mercedes of all people getting the killing blow. The weapon disengages from Miklan’s corpse and we gingerly return it to Karen. Karen explains that these things happen when someone without a crest uses a holy relic and that Miklan totally derived it for being scum enough to think he even deserved to touch the relic. Don’t worry the Sword of the Creator won’t turn US into a monster. We have the very cool Crest of Flames after all! We are about to leave when Karen’s lieutenant Seteth rushes in… Someone has kidnapped his sister Flayn! OH NO!

Annette, Ingrid, and Constance finally got the experience they needed to promote from their basic class. Annette became a soldier while Ingrid and Constance both became Fighters. Hapi also passed her Intermediate class exam but remains a monk for now.

(When pressed to comment on how he felt about his brother’s gruesome demise, Sylvain had this to say “It was a bit of a bummer I guess, HEY! Do you want to pick up chicks?!”)

Other notable things this month: Mercedes gets 6 perfect results from studying swords but since she is actually bad at swords it still gives very little experience. Thanks RNG I guess?

MVP’s this month: Constance, Dimitri
Sylvain doesn't give a single crap. (contains story spoiler imagery, don't watch unless you've beaten the game!)

"We do this because they make us better at killing." made me actually laugh at loud, the way you write these updates is absolutely hilarious.

I'm happy to see nobody has kicked the bucket yet, good thing Pink seems to be competent (for a random young adult with absolutely no teaching experience or worldly knowledge, that is)!
Sylvain doesn't give a single crap. (contains story spoiler imagery, don't watch unless you've beaten the game!)

"We do this because they make us better at killing." made me actually laugh at loud, the way you write these updates is absolutely hilarious.

I'm happy to see nobody has kicked the bucket yet, good thing Pink seems to be competent (for a random young adult with absolutely no teaching experience or worldly knowledge, that is)!
td9UiZS.png
[quote name="Rosesinger" date="2020-08-26 11:49:12" ] Less heartwarming is Felix who has decided to hide in his room and wallow in PURE TEENAGE ANGST. [/quote] [quote name="Rosesinger" date="2020-08-26 11:49:12" ] (When pressed to comment on how he felt about his brother’s gruesome demise, Sylvain had this to say “It was a bit of a bummer I guess, HEY! Do you want to pick up chicks?!”) [/quote] oh my gosh these are literally sO accurate :,))
Rosesinger wrote on 2020-08-26 11:49:12:
Less heartwarming is Felix who has decided to hide in his room and wallow in PURE TEENAGE ANGST.
Rosesinger wrote on 2020-08-26 11:49:12:

oh my gosh these are literally sO accurate :,))
1 2 3 4 5 6 7