Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Whats the worst injury you’ve had
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Not really an injury, but it did require a lot of recovery. I've had a double mastectomy (top surgery, double incision), so I had my whole chest opened up and scraped around and cauterized. Some people bounce back super quickly, but it took months for me to heal enough for usual activities.

I guess apart from that, I've had a few concussions and lost consciousness at various stages of my life. Oof!
Not really an injury, but it did require a lot of recovery. I've had a double mastectomy (top surgery, double incision), so I had my whole chest opened up and scraped around and cauterized. Some people bounce back super quickly, but it took months for me to heal enough for usual activities.

I guess apart from that, I've had a few concussions and lost consciousness at various stages of my life. Oof!
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngKBrR3YL.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
@Souphands

I went through the same surgery. It was my second hardest to recover from. I honestly wasn't in much pain, I was just all around uncomfortable, and I looked like an elephant beat the pulp out of me because I bruised like no tomorrow. It was hard to recover from indeed.

My worst surgery to recover from was my appendix trying to kill me. I spent 10 days in the hospital, two MONTHS off of school, another month leaving classes early because I couldn't be bumped because I was in so much pain, and I needed the extra time to get to my classes as I just kinda...slowly walked around. By far the most pain I've EVER been in. I do not suggest to anyone to have that happen to you unless you want to know what it's like to give birth. (They said my pain was even worse. ;-; And I just wanted to crawl in a hole and die.)
@Souphands

I went through the same surgery. It was my second hardest to recover from. I honestly wasn't in much pain, I was just all around uncomfortable, and I looked like an elephant beat the pulp out of me because I bruised like no tomorrow. It was hard to recover from indeed.

My worst surgery to recover from was my appendix trying to kill me. I spent 10 days in the hospital, two MONTHS off of school, another month leaving classes early because I couldn't be bumped because I was in so much pain, and I needed the extra time to get to my classes as I just kinda...slowly walked around. By far the most pain I've EVER been in. I do not suggest to anyone to have that happen to you unless you want to know what it's like to give birth. (They said my pain was even worse. ;-; And I just wanted to crawl in a hole and die.)
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
i literally tripped on a pebble and got arm sprain ??? but no leg fall damage ??

world is funky sometimes. got an ankle sprain from a trampoline recently too
i literally tripped on a pebble and got arm sprain ??? but no leg fall damage ??

world is funky sometimes. got an ankle sprain from a trampoline recently too
dracovish_1.png HE/THEY
+3 FRT
hmm,, honestly not much comes to mind about worst injuries. ive never broken or fractured anything, and im not all that clumsy of a person. maybe im just overcautious, lol.

i think maybe the time i was in the most pain was my first or second time snowboarding. i fell down so much and collected a ton of painful bruises that day.

yeah, im not very good at snowboarding lmao

edit: oh yeah, just remembering something now. 2 stories actually.

1) i had eaten a popsicle when i was pretty young (maybe 7 or 8) and got really bad brainfreeze from it. apparently i was layed down on the couch and i was just holding my head in pain. so my poor parents rushed me to the hospital the next town over (was the closest one) cause they thought i was literally dying. and yeah, just a real freakishly bad case of brainfreeze or something. real weird.

2) i think though, the most painful thing to happen to me thus far was an ear infection. it happened in the middle of class in like 5th grade or something, and all of a sudden my ear was just in this intense pain, and i started crying in the middle of class and had to go to the office to wait for my mom to come get me to take me to the hospital. i dont know why it was so painful, but it really sucked. i dont remember a whole lot from it, maybe i tried to forget coz i was embarassed for crying in front of all my classmates. lol
hmm,, honestly not much comes to mind about worst injuries. ive never broken or fractured anything, and im not all that clumsy of a person. maybe im just overcautious, lol.

i think maybe the time i was in the most pain was my first or second time snowboarding. i fell down so much and collected a ton of painful bruises that day.

yeah, im not very good at snowboarding lmao

edit: oh yeah, just remembering something now. 2 stories actually.

1) i had eaten a popsicle when i was pretty young (maybe 7 or 8) and got really bad brainfreeze from it. apparently i was layed down on the couch and i was just holding my head in pain. so my poor parents rushed me to the hospital the next town over (was the closest one) cause they thought i was literally dying. and yeah, just a real freakishly bad case of brainfreeze or something. real weird.

2) i think though, the most painful thing to happen to me thus far was an ear infection. it happened in the middle of class in like 5th grade or something, and all of a sudden my ear was just in this intense pain, and i started crying in the middle of class and had to go to the office to wait for my mom to come get me to take me to the hospital. i dont know why it was so painful, but it really sucked. i dont remember a whole lot from it, maybe i tried to forget coz i was embarassed for crying in front of all my classmates. lol
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
I guess mines not for squeemish people either. Its a bit...eugh...):

My worst injury was when I was about 9 I was helping a neighbor w something and tried to pet a dog. It ended up biting me instead, breaking my hand and creating wounds so deep you could see bone and stuff. It also gnawed on some tendons too Ended up losing some mobility in my hand (my dominant one too) and had to get some extra surgeries due to the scars not healing right or something. It was the worst. On the bright side tho, didn't have to learn cursive!
I guess mines not for squeemish people either. Its a bit...eugh...):

My worst injury was when I was about 9 I was helping a neighbor w something and tried to pet a dog. It ended up biting me instead, breaking my hand and creating wounds so deep you could see bone and stuff. It also gnawed on some tendons too Ended up losing some mobility in my hand (my dominant one too) and had to get some extra surgeries due to the scars not healing right or something. It was the worst. On the bright side tho, didn't have to learn cursive!
I dirnk my milk and sips it...I am the beast I worship
unknown.png
i got two!

Alright so,,,, according to my mom and dad,I nearly bit off my dang tongue when i was about 3??? thank god i dont remember this.
apparently i was playing on their bed,managed to slip to the side,hit my baby chin on a bedside table and screamed bloody murder.i almost guillotine'd half of my tongue.
they said there was a lotta blood and immediately rushed me to the closest hospital.i got a few stiches from that and no problems now.But still,yikes.

the second one i DO remember,in which i thought it would be a neat idea to stick my heel inside of a moving bike's wheel,my dad's old bike.I don't remember if it hurt but I do remember spending more than a whole week bedridden.My dad still feels bad about it more than ten years later,my mom is still angry at him for it.I don't even care that much about it tbh.
i got two!

Alright so,,,, according to my mom and dad,I nearly bit off my dang tongue when i was about 3??? thank god i dont remember this.
apparently i was playing on their bed,managed to slip to the side,hit my baby chin on a bedside table and screamed bloody murder.i almost guillotine'd half of my tongue.
they said there was a lotta blood and immediately rushed me to the closest hospital.i got a few stiches from that and no problems now.But still,yikes.

the second one i DO remember,in which i thought it would be a neat idea to stick my heel inside of a moving bike's wheel,my dad's old bike.I don't remember if it hurt but I do remember spending more than a whole week bedridden.My dad still feels bad about it more than ten years later,my mom is still angry at him for it.I don't even care that much about it tbh.
tumblr_mr4uy43Q3n1sa4prjo2_500.gif
broke the bone underneath my growth plate and walked on the injury for almost a week.
if I had walked on it a day longer, I would have stunted the growth of the leg and had a limp for the rest of my life.
moral of the story: breaking your growth plate is better than breaking the bone under it
broke the bone underneath my growth plate and walked on the injury for almost a week.
if I had walked on it a day longer, I would have stunted the growth of the leg and had a limp for the rest of my life.
moral of the story: breaking your growth plate is better than breaking the bone under it
9242fa66-b028-11ea-854c-b3686ccad672.gif My Brew Shop
Where's my broadcast from? win a prize if you pm me!
Me worst injury be a few years ago when I was hikin' in th' mountains with one o' me buckos. It was a three hour hike up t' th' lake we reached when I rolled me ankle jumpin' off o' a wee log. I didna hear a pop 'r anythin', th' scalliwag jus' went sideways on me 'n I stumbled forward. We limped t' th' lake 'n I took me boot off. There was a wee bit o' swellin' so I soaked it in th' glacial waters until we decided t' turn 'round 'n hike back down.
I don't remember much o' it ('cept fer me sheer stubbornness at ev'ry offer t' carry me down from a horse t' a bunch o' lads). It was a long hike back down bein' 'round...five 'r eight hours if I remember right. Lots o' stoppin' t' take a shallow breather.

Turns out I severely sprained it, which, obviously th' hikin' back down didna help. I think what was worse was usin' those crutches! 'Course that hasna stopped me from settin' foot in those mountains 'r any others thus far!
Me worst injury be a few years ago when I was hikin' in th' mountains with one o' me buckos. It was a three hour hike up t' th' lake we reached when I rolled me ankle jumpin' off o' a wee log. I didna hear a pop 'r anythin', th' scalliwag jus' went sideways on me 'n I stumbled forward. We limped t' th' lake 'n I took me boot off. There was a wee bit o' swellin' so I soaked it in th' glacial waters until we decided t' turn 'round 'n hike back down.
I don't remember much o' it ('cept fer me sheer stubbornness at ev'ry offer t' carry me down from a horse t' a bunch o' lads). It was a long hike back down bein' 'round...five 'r eight hours if I remember right. Lots o' stoppin' t' take a shallow breather.

Turns out I severely sprained it, which, obviously th' hikin' back down didna help. I think what was worse was usin' those crutches! 'Course that hasna stopped me from settin' foot in those mountains 'r any others thus far!
Cap'n o' th' Crowned Thresher
Pirates Risin'
(Public lore regardin' pirates o' Sornieth)
Below Deck! (Personal Lore Thread)
When I decide to run in long heeled boots. I ran in the field with them heavy long heel heavy boots and decide to make a quick turn for this game of tag. So I fell onto the grass, let's say my leg was in a weird position and I couldn't get up because my leg was in pain. I didn't twist or sprain my leg because if I did, I would be in even more pain but as a little smol kid I actually thought my leg was twisted. My ex-friend(turned out she was toxic) and her group decide to ditch me while I was there on the ground unable to stand, like I couldn't even get up. The staff came out and helped me and it wasn't twisted or sprain but it made me unable to walk for like a couple of days, that's pretty much my worst injury if you considered that. But that was pretty much the worst pain I have been through so far.
When I decide to run in long heeled boots. I ran in the field with them heavy long heel heavy boots and decide to make a quick turn for this game of tag. So I fell onto the grass, let's say my leg was in a weird position and I couldn't get up because my leg was in pain. I didn't twist or sprain my leg because if I did, I would be in even more pain but as a little smol kid I actually thought my leg was twisted. My ex-friend(turned out she was toxic) and her group decide to ditch me while I was there on the ground unable to stand, like I couldn't even get up. The staff came out and helped me and it wasn't twisted or sprain but it made me unable to walk for like a couple of days, that's pretty much my worst injury if you considered that. But that was pretty much the worst pain I have been through so far.
image0.pnghttps://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2876694
The time I bruised my entire toe stubbing it on a ladder :- / I stg I've never hated anything more than that ladder.
The time I bruised my entire toe stubbing it on a ladder :- / I stg I've never hated anything more than that ladder.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10