Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Whats the worst injury you’ve had
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Worst Injury/Sickness ever? Got meningitis as a premature baby and was expected to die. But I didn't.

Dumbest Worst Injury/Sickness ever? Accidentally burned my finger while observing a garter snake. Despite my best efforts it is now infected (still ongoing). Then right afterwards I got stung by a honeybee. All the while trying to recover from an extremely painful menstrual cycle.
Worst Injury/Sickness ever? Got meningitis as a premature baby and was expected to die. But I didn't.

Dumbest Worst Injury/Sickness ever? Accidentally burned my finger while observing a garter snake. Despite my best efforts it is now infected (still ongoing). Then right afterwards I got stung by a honeybee. All the while trying to recover from an extremely painful menstrual cycle.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Worst injury: Probably when my knee was fractured.

Worst sickness: I'm a Leukemia survivor, so if I had something worse than that, I can't think of it. I went right from being diagnosed to spending just over six months in the hospital, then a couple more years in and out for treatments and procedures before finally going into remission, and even then I still have some long term side effects (compromised immune system, the nerves in my limbs don't work like they should, loss of most of my hearing, etc.).
Worst injury: Probably when my knee was fractured.

Worst sickness: I'm a Leukemia survivor, so if I had something worse than that, I can't think of it. I went right from being diagnosed to spending just over six months in the hospital, then a couple more years in and out for treatments and procedures before finally going into remission, and even then I still have some long term side effects (compromised immune system, the nerves in my limbs don't work like they should, loss of most of my hearing, etc.).
Formerly known as Brenning.
Worst injury I've ever had was probably a spiral fracture on my tibia. It was a stable fracture, fortunately, but I still limp a little bit when I walk. My whole left leg just attracts injury, it seems.

@Requacy I hope that your finger gets better soon. :( That sounds really painful.

@Brenning That's horrible. I'm sorry you went through that.
Worst injury I've ever had was probably a spiral fracture on my tibia. It was a stable fracture, fortunately, but I still limp a little bit when I walk. My whole left leg just attracts injury, it seems.

@Requacy I hope that your finger gets better soon. :( That sounds really painful.

@Brenning That's horrible. I'm sorry you went through that.
Live for today, gone tomorrow.
swclpXz.jpg
That's me.
Back in Dec. (on Friday the 13th no less XD) my parents were out of town and I had gone to the grocery store with my little sister to get food and stuff. I had brought in my first load of bags and was walking back out to get some more when somehow I tripped and went down. Banged my face and side of my hand on the edge of the raised wooden portion of the walkway. My little sister had been at the car ahead of me but ran back to check on me and help me get back into the house.

I have high pain tolerance, so I didn't initially think I was hurt too badly, just stunned, but when I sent my mom a text showing her my face and then she called me and I told her I couldn't hold the phone with my hand without it hurting, she told me to get my other sister to take me to the hospital to get it x-rayed since I wasn't sure if I could drive myself in this state.

Long story short, I wound up breaking my hand (the outer side, which explained why I could flex my fingers without too much pain) and having it in a cast for eight weeks, but fortunately no concussion, just a black eye for a week or two and not being able to do much with my dominant hand because of the cast.

AND THEN, when I went to get the cast off, they accidentally cut my hand with the saw trying to get the cast off. I just about passed out, but kept myself awake by talking to the doctor. Didn't need stitches, but still have a scar and I can't be around operational power tools without a flashback and getting all anxious.
Back in Dec. (on Friday the 13th no less XD) my parents were out of town and I had gone to the grocery store with my little sister to get food and stuff. I had brought in my first load of bags and was walking back out to get some more when somehow I tripped and went down. Banged my face and side of my hand on the edge of the raised wooden portion of the walkway. My little sister had been at the car ahead of me but ran back to check on me and help me get back into the house.

I have high pain tolerance, so I didn't initially think I was hurt too badly, just stunned, but when I sent my mom a text showing her my face and then she called me and I told her I couldn't hold the phone with my hand without it hurting, she told me to get my other sister to take me to the hospital to get it x-rayed since I wasn't sure if I could drive myself in this state.

Long story short, I wound up breaking my hand (the outer side, which explained why I could flex my fingers without too much pain) and having it in a cast for eight weeks, but fortunately no concussion, just a black eye for a week or two and not being able to do much with my dominant hand because of the cast.

AND THEN, when I went to get the cast off, they accidentally cut my hand with the saw trying to get the cast off. I just about passed out, but kept myself awake by talking to the doctor. Didn't need stitches, but still have a scar and I can't be around operational power tools without a flashback and getting all anxious.
The worst injury I've had, is scraping off the entirety of my knee off. Twice. As a kid I was playing this sort of game me and my two best friends at the time had made up. We would hold hands and spin as fast as humanly possible. Yeah it didn't end well. I got thrown really fast onto the asphalt. My whole knee was blood red and it honestly was super painful. My friends blamed me for being too weak and letting go, which made me feel worse.

Once my knee was 'healed', which was a few grueling months later, me and my friends do it again. With my knee still hurting to bend because it would break the huge scab, me and my friends thought it was an amazing idea to do it again! (since it was just, so fun last time.) So we did, and I scraped the entirety of my other knee off because I was flung at the asphalt. My mother was. Not pleased.

I still have some amounts of pain when I try to bend my knee too hard. And yes, I have some eternally scarred, or bumpy skin that will never fully heal on both of my knees. I still shudder about it to this day. I never really wanted to play next to the asphalt again. Which my friends thought was preposterous considering most of the games we played were on it.

The worst sickness I've had is either walking pneumonia or having the flu and strep at the same time. It was terrible and I couldn't even do anything besides cough and then feel terrible after coughing because my throat felt so bad, or just watch a video on my phone sometimes to try and help distract myself.

I've had numerous encounters of the flu and strep, too many to count. Everyone at my doctors office knew me. They even said to me as they saw me; "Oh, poor Orielion is back! So soon after last time?" They would make a frown and tell me "Get better soon." Moral of the story, just don't get sick with the flu and strep at the same time. I'm pretty sure I counted as a 'regular' in that office. Which is honestly pretty sad if you think about it.
The worst injury I've had, is scraping off the entirety of my knee off. Twice. As a kid I was playing this sort of game me and my two best friends at the time had made up. We would hold hands and spin as fast as humanly possible. Yeah it didn't end well. I got thrown really fast onto the asphalt. My whole knee was blood red and it honestly was super painful. My friends blamed me for being too weak and letting go, which made me feel worse.

Once my knee was 'healed', which was a few grueling months later, me and my friends do it again. With my knee still hurting to bend because it would break the huge scab, me and my friends thought it was an amazing idea to do it again! (since it was just, so fun last time.) So we did, and I scraped the entirety of my other knee off because I was flung at the asphalt. My mother was. Not pleased.

I still have some amounts of pain when I try to bend my knee too hard. And yes, I have some eternally scarred, or bumpy skin that will never fully heal on both of my knees. I still shudder about it to this day. I never really wanted to play next to the asphalt again. Which my friends thought was preposterous considering most of the games we played were on it.

The worst sickness I've had is either walking pneumonia or having the flu and strep at the same time. It was terrible and I couldn't even do anything besides cough and then feel terrible after coughing because my throat felt so bad, or just watch a video on my phone sometimes to try and help distract myself.

I've had numerous encounters of the flu and strep, too many to count. Everyone at my doctors office knew me. They even said to me as they saw me; "Oh, poor Orielion is back! So soon after last time?" They would make a frown and tell me "Get better soon." Moral of the story, just don't get sick with the flu and strep at the same time. I'm pretty sure I counted as a 'regular' in that office. Which is honestly pretty sad if you think about it.
ACOZFAh.png
I broke my arm once, apparently if it had been a straight break they would have had to do some kind of surgery on it. And another time, I almost cut the pad of my right pinkie finger clean off because I tried to lift the metal lid off a can of beans. There is a lumpy scar there now that I refer to as "the bean scar."

And another time I almost shot a hole in my foot, but that doesn't count since it didn't actually happen.

I broke my arm once, apparently if it had been a straight break they would have had to do some kind of surgery on it. And another time, I almost cut the pad of my right pinkie finger clean off because I tried to lift the metal lid off a can of beans. There is a lumpy scar there now that I refer to as "the bean scar."

And another time I almost shot a hole in my foot, but that doesn't count since it didn't actually happen.

i really like star wars ok
oh man, probably when i got thrown off a horse i was working on and fractured my tailbone.

the fall itself wasnt that bad, my least dramatic fall out of all of them, the horse took a hard right and i kept going straight lmao. i landed flat on my ***, on solid ground, and couldnt move or feel my legs for about five minutes. (the poor horse stood next to me while i was down, and she stared at me like "how'd you get down there?")

when i finally got back up and back on i was like 'ooooh no, somethings not right here', i couldnt put weight on my seat at all, and needed help getting off the horse after.

it hurt H e l l a bad, but i didnt realize how bad until after i had finished work that day(still had to finish my lesson and close up the barn after), and i woke up the next morning unable to get out of bed. ;w; everything hurt, breathing, coughing, the slightest little muscle twitch.

i probably should have gotten it checked out instead of sleeping it off cause four(ish) years later i still walk funny when it gets cold :-)
oh man, probably when i got thrown off a horse i was working on and fractured my tailbone.

the fall itself wasnt that bad, my least dramatic fall out of all of them, the horse took a hard right and i kept going straight lmao. i landed flat on my ***, on solid ground, and couldnt move or feel my legs for about five minutes. (the poor horse stood next to me while i was down, and she stared at me like "how'd you get down there?")

when i finally got back up and back on i was like 'ooooh no, somethings not right here', i couldnt put weight on my seat at all, and needed help getting off the horse after.

it hurt H e l l a bad, but i didnt realize how bad until after i had finished work that day(still had to finish my lesson and close up the barn after), and i woke up the next morning unable to get out of bed. ;w; everything hurt, breathing, coughing, the slightest little muscle twitch.

i probably should have gotten it checked out instead of sleeping it off cause four(ish) years later i still walk funny when it gets cold :-)
dcprkry-6f227d16-78cf-4c0b-a85b-c510e6411384.png
skek | they/them | 24
the ghost with the most
tumblr_inline_psj27ukX3O1tc3swm_75sq.png
x
dcprhsf-50b03a4f-3549-4ad5-bcb0-35bf6e5b050d.png
me, squeamish, cringing at like the first one here:
should clarify: squeamish unless i'm the injured one in which case i couldn't care less

being an all-around coward at anything and everything has served me greatly in the fact that i've never had anything too bad happen to me. like, never had to go to hospital for an injury.

i guess it'd be one of the many huge scrapes, cuts, grazes and such i've taken on my knees over the years. i say that's why they're so knobbly.
still got a scar (well, it's more just that the skin healed weirdly) from that darn school sports day- overbalanced and fell during the run. was dragged by my friend to the medical room while i complained that i totally would've won and made quips about supporting our house (which was red). have not sprinted since.
there was also the first time, when i was 'bout 5, 6. tripped onto the hard, stony playground floor. top off both knees. i definitely overreacted, being so little, and i was probably tryna play for pity to get out of work, but i remember it hurting badly for at least the rest of the day and that i was completely inconsolable.
me, squeamish, cringing at like the first one here:
should clarify: squeamish unless i'm the injured one in which case i couldn't care less

being an all-around coward at anything and everything has served me greatly in the fact that i've never had anything too bad happen to me. like, never had to go to hospital for an injury.

i guess it'd be one of the many huge scrapes, cuts, grazes and such i've taken on my knees over the years. i say that's why they're so knobbly.
still got a scar (well, it's more just that the skin healed weirdly) from that darn school sports day- overbalanced and fell during the run. was dragged by my friend to the medical room while i complained that i totally would've won and made quips about supporting our house (which was red). have not sprinted since.
there was also the first time, when i was 'bout 5, 6. tripped onto the hard, stony playground floor. top off both knees. i definitely overreacted, being so little, and i was probably tryna play for pity to get out of work, but i remember it hurting badly for at least the rest of the day and that i was completely inconsolable.
Worst injury? hmmm i barly get hurt, its mostly just cat scratches... But one time,

I was playing tag with my friends when I was little(about 7-8), we were on the sidewalk/lawns of a quiet street. I was it, so i chased my friends about. The sidewalk wasn't in a nice condition, cracked, chipped, moss growing on it, and it was uneven. I guess a bit of the sidewalk broke enough to raise higher than the rest of the sidewalk or something, because i tripped and fell over. I got big, painful scrapes on both my elbows, one on the knee, and on the nose. I cried. and I had to skip school the next day. it hurt, and it took a few years to convince me back into playing tag.
Worst injury? hmmm i barly get hurt, its mostly just cat scratches... But one time,

I was playing tag with my friends when I was little(about 7-8), we were on the sidewalk/lawns of a quiet street. I was it, so i chased my friends about. The sidewalk wasn't in a nice condition, cracked, chipped, moss growing on it, and it was uneven. I guess a bit of the sidewalk broke enough to raise higher than the rest of the sidewalk or something, because i tripped and fell over. I got big, painful scrapes on both my elbows, one on the knee, and on the nose. I cried. and I had to skip school the next day. it hurt, and it took a few years to convince me back into playing tag.
ImLwTCX.pngNew_Ice_Banner.png Hello! Call me Crazy or Panda.
-I accept friend requests if I know you
-She/They
-A gamer and artist
-FR time +2
New_Ice_Banner.pngImLwTCX.png
I broke two bones in my wrist a few years ago. It wasn't pleasant. Oh and my sister left a binder open on the floor and I stepped on it... it was very bloody and I still have a scar
I broke two bones in my wrist a few years ago. It wasn't pleasant. Oh and my sister left a binder open on the floor and I stepped on it... it was very bloody and I still have a scar
VGxuHXT.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10