Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Meet My Ball Python
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@wizoo I think you would like this :3 look at the pretty sneks
@wizoo I think you would like this :3 look at the pretty sneks
Valentine-Sig.png
howdy! i'm having the same troubles with getting two of my boys on live (my baby girl is nuts & will eat anything, including my hand) - but it has helped me to condition their feeding environment :-] Btw: I haven't read through this whole thread so idk if you've already touched on this (sorry if that's so)

What i do is tap on their tanks with my tongs, and they've got that associated with 'about to get fed'. It gets them ready a lot faster, and helped me switch Lucy (the crazy one) from live to frozen. (She's also very young so it could also be that she's just not stuck in her ways yet).

The other two have been curious about the frozen and one of them has struck, but something that has gotten them interested is the scent (read: stink) of live mice! I've got this very stinky box that once held feeder mice on the way home (RIP) and using that smell to get them ready for food has been vaguely helpful? Idk, not an expert.

Tl;dr: maybe try conditioning him with specific actions/smells so he knows when it's time to eat?

Thank u for your time! sorry for the dump lol
howdy! i'm having the same troubles with getting two of my boys on live (my baby girl is nuts & will eat anything, including my hand) - but it has helped me to condition their feeding environment :-] Btw: I haven't read through this whole thread so idk if you've already touched on this (sorry if that's so)

What i do is tap on their tanks with my tongs, and they've got that associated with 'about to get fed'. It gets them ready a lot faster, and helped me switch Lucy (the crazy one) from live to frozen. (She's also very young so it could also be that she's just not stuck in her ways yet).

The other two have been curious about the frozen and one of them has struck, but something that has gotten them interested is the scent (read: stink) of live mice! I've got this very stinky box that once held feeder mice on the way home (RIP) and using that smell to get them ready for food has been vaguely helpful? Idk, not an expert.

Tl;dr: maybe try conditioning him with specific actions/smells so he knows when it's time to eat?

Thank u for your time! sorry for the dump lol
Webp.net-gifmaker_1.gif02e9efa469f97b6ee84285256a13f3fde60ad720.gif
@sciencesparrow @OrigamiCrane @PepperClove @ShadowStorm1404 @Windowz @FivePebbles

Hello, everyone. I have terrible news today. Sassafras somehow escaped his enclosure and we are unable to find him. Last night, my boyfriend found a "wild" kingsnake in the house and released it outside. He swears that this snake did not look like Sassafras, but the timing has convinced me of the worst. I have not given up hope on finding him, but am feeling pretty depressed for apparently not having his habitat secure enough. We have put flour in the doorways just in case he is still in the house, and I put Sassafras's enclosure outside where the snake was released last night.
@sciencesparrow @OrigamiCrane @PepperClove @ShadowStorm1404 @Windowz @FivePebbles

Hello, everyone. I have terrible news today. Sassafras somehow escaped his enclosure and we are unable to find him. Last night, my boyfriend found a "wild" kingsnake in the house and released it outside. He swears that this snake did not look like Sassafras, but the timing has convinced me of the worst. I have not given up hope on finding him, but am feeling pretty depressed for apparently not having his habitat secure enough. We have put flour in the doorways just in case he is still in the house, and I put Sassafras's enclosure outside where the snake was released last night.
Oh my goodness! I hope you find the boop, don’t try and stress too much :(
Oh my goodness! I hope you find the boop, don’t try and stress too much :(
@Tristonia

Did you already search the room he was kept in? If it really was a different snake and he's still there it's very likely he's still in that room, since more often than not escaped snakes don't actually go that far.

One of my garters got out when they were still pretty small and while we worried and searched and even gave up in the end, she spent about 6 weeks under the very bookcase her terra is on. So yeah, make sure to check every corner in that room and look under whatever furniture is in there 'cause the first thing most snakes do is look for a great place to hide and stay there.

Another thing you could try is lay out some mice as bait that might draw him out.

Either way good luck and I hope you find him again!
@Tristonia

Did you already search the room he was kept in? If it really was a different snake and he's still there it's very likely he's still in that room, since more often than not escaped snakes don't actually go that far.

One of my garters got out when they were still pretty small and while we worried and searched and even gave up in the end, she spent about 6 weeks under the very bookcase her terra is on. So yeah, make sure to check every corner in that room and look under whatever furniture is in there 'cause the first thing most snakes do is look for a great place to hide and stay there.

Another thing you could try is lay out some mice as bait that might draw him out.

Either way good luck and I hope you find him again!
3d0f9ea7ae3316ba4e3a56f0ea9d9a3dbd6ee080.png
oh gosh, that's terrible! i hope you find sassafras :( also, could i get on that pinglist?
oh gosh, that's terrible! i hope you find sassafras :( also, could i get on that pinglist?
__________.____
plague_banner.png

MUYNhfy.png_iDFl61R.png
JvUa9ma.png_WKtl2lb.png
plagueshieldr.png
omg yesssssssss! put mee on the pinglist please!
omg yesssssssss! put mee on the pinglist please!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9