Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Meet My Ball Python
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Awww! Your snake is so cute!! I hope to one day in the future get a snake! (I would have one right now but my mom is scared of them) Solaris is so cute, 10/10 would boop the snoot!
Awww! Your snake is so cute!! I hope to one day in the future get a snake! (I would have one right now but my mom is scared of them) Solaris is so cute, 10/10 would boop the snoot!
RYAN.png
He is so cuteeeee
He is so cuteeeee
06xk8gV.png
XrUXyrn.gifse5O2Tt.gifpxx5HPD.gif
Believe me, darling
The stars were made for falling
@tristonia
Sorry if you didn’t want the ping!

Solaris is so cute, I am starting up a snake pixel adopt shop soon, if you want make you one, I can! It would be kinda small though.
@tristonia
Sorry if you didn’t want the ping!

Solaris is so cute, I am starting up a snake pixel adopt shop soon, if you want make you one, I can! It would be kinda small though.
sReBJoC.png0f820ed4-372f-11ea-9739-ef7cb34031b1.gif ebfdac0f-372e-11ea-ab14-ef7cb34031b1.gif
What a precious boy! Now that’s a snoot that I would boop! I don’t have any snakes myself, but I fell hard for ball pythons, they’re so cute and chubby. I wish you the best of luck with your new friend!
What a precious boy! Now that’s a snoot that I would boop! I don’t have any snakes myself, but I fell hard for ball pythons, they’re so cute and chubby. I wish you the best of luck with your new friend!
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
Very cute! Albinos are one of my favorite morphs! I'm a sucker for yellow BPs, and leopard is one of the most underrated genes.

I do have two tips and one concern.

You should definitely try a mixture substrate! My BP is kept in a mix of eco earth, cypress mulch, and sphagnum moss. It holds humidity like a charm and it's not very difficult to clean! I never recommend paper towel as a long term substrate, and I've never actually heard of people using a moss mat before! But I think loose substrate is always the way to go.

I saw you mentioned that he prefers to eat in his actual terrarium over a tub. Please don't ever feed your snake in a separate enclosure. I'll never understand why people advocate for snake owners to move their animal to feed it -- it's entirely unnecessary. Keep trying with those F/T mice though! Maybe try feeling him later at night in the dark, braining the mouse, or you could try a prekilled mouse to help switch him over. Prekilled nice helped my BP get out of his six month fasting, and now he's taking large F/T mice right and left!

I do have one concern with your humidity. You said that you raised your humidity to 60-70 when Solaris was in shed. A BPs humidity should always be kept at 60-70, and should exceed 70 when the snake is in shed. Having humidity dip into the 50s isn't very ideal. Maybe I read your post wrong, but just something to be aware of regardless as a new BP owner.

Best of luck to you and your lil friend!
Very cute! Albinos are one of my favorite morphs! I'm a sucker for yellow BPs, and leopard is one of the most underrated genes.

I do have two tips and one concern.

You should definitely try a mixture substrate! My BP is kept in a mix of eco earth, cypress mulch, and sphagnum moss. It holds humidity like a charm and it's not very difficult to clean! I never recommend paper towel as a long term substrate, and I've never actually heard of people using a moss mat before! But I think loose substrate is always the way to go.

I saw you mentioned that he prefers to eat in his actual terrarium over a tub. Please don't ever feed your snake in a separate enclosure. I'll never understand why people advocate for snake owners to move their animal to feed it -- it's entirely unnecessary. Keep trying with those F/T mice though! Maybe try feeling him later at night in the dark, braining the mouse, or you could try a prekilled mouse to help switch him over. Prekilled nice helped my BP get out of his six month fasting, and now he's taking large F/T mice right and left!

I do have one concern with your humidity. You said that you raised your humidity to 60-70 when Solaris was in shed. A BPs humidity should always be kept at 60-70, and should exceed 70 when the snake is in shed. Having humidity dip into the 50s isn't very ideal. Maybe I read your post wrong, but just something to be aware of regardless as a new BP owner.

Best of luck to you and your lil friend!
laV4cLs.gif
AEEE look at those lil bebes!! I've always wanted a snake but I can't afford one so I don't want to make them live in a bad environment so I'm so happy you could make these beautiful babies so happy. Look at them danger noodles eeeeeeeeeeeee
You lucky duck
AEEE look at those lil bebes!! I've always wanted a snake but I can't afford one so I don't want to make them live in a bad environment so I'm so happy you could make these beautiful babies so happy. Look at them danger noodles eeeeeeeeeeeee
You lucky duck
KuKHYpT.png
AHHHH pinglist please! :D I want to read updates about this baby oml
AHHHH pinglist please! :D I want to read updates about this baby oml
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
IT´S A BABY!! :O
He is so cute, for real *-* I love snakes so much. I own a Cornsnake myself and want to get a Ballpython as well - they just have those cute cute puppy faces :3
IT´S A BABY!! :O
He is so cute, for real *-* I love snakes so much. I own a Cornsnake myself and want to get a Ballpython as well - they just have those cute cute puppy faces :3
take a look at my skin shop pretty please? u.u
Adorable! I love him :')
Adorable! I love him :')
they/them | fr time +8 | active/inactive | wishlist
@vanillaicecream1
I'd love to commission you! Let me know when your shop opens. :)

@variian
I've thought about mixing Eco Earth and coconut bark, but adding moss is also doable since I have a ton of it. I stopped using just coconut fiber because it kept getting stuck in his pits, although he seemed to enjoy the soft texture.
I always feed him in his enclosure now; I just attempted to feed in a separate container for his first feeding with me. He is much more content in his usual environment. I just find it amusing that even my vet strongly urged me to feed him in a separate container. So many people have conflicting opinions about feeding methods.
Thanks for the humidity tip! I actually work for Petco and we're told to keep a BP's humidity from 40-60%, although the snakes at work always seem to have stuck shed. I did research online and also found mixed opinions, but I decided that anything below 50% is definitely too low. Thankfully, I live in Louisiana, so most of the time the humidity is naturally high enough (at least in my poorly insulated house). I do closely monitor his humidity with a digital hygrometer, though. My main concern is that he will get a respiratory infection with too high humidity.
@vanillaicecream1
I'd love to commission you! Let me know when your shop opens. :)

@variian
I've thought about mixing Eco Earth and coconut bark, but adding moss is also doable since I have a ton of it. I stopped using just coconut fiber because it kept getting stuck in his pits, although he seemed to enjoy the soft texture.
I always feed him in his enclosure now; I just attempted to feed in a separate container for his first feeding with me. He is much more content in his usual environment. I just find it amusing that even my vet strongly urged me to feed him in a separate container. So many people have conflicting opinions about feeding methods.
Thanks for the humidity tip! I actually work for Petco and we're told to keep a BP's humidity from 40-60%, although the snakes at work always seem to have stuck shed. I did research online and also found mixed opinions, but I decided that anything below 50% is definitely too low. Thankfully, I live in Louisiana, so most of the time the humidity is naturally high enough (at least in my poorly insulated house). I do closely monitor his humidity with a digital hygrometer, though. My main concern is that he will get a respiratory infection with too high humidity.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9