Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Meet My Ball Python
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
BabbbbyyyyyyyyyYYY!!!
BabbbbyyyyyyyyyYYY!!!
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Using cypress mulch with the eco earth will decrease the overall dirt-like texture of the substrate! Personally, I think loose substrate looks a lot better than anything else; then again, not everyone cares about the look of their terrarium!

Yeahhhh, don't listen to your vet on that one. The main reason people advocate for feeding in a separate tank is due to cage aggression. People seem to think that as soon as you reach into the enclosure to feed the snake that it'll bite at you. But... they have to reach into the tank to get the snake out... so it doesn't make any sense to me XDD

As a rule of thumb, I suggest to new keepers that they don't take care tips from big chain pet stores. They tend to give out misinformation and don't really have the most superb care guides. 40-50 is wayy too low for a constant humidity. Having humidity in the upper 60s is probably a good idea! And unless you're keeping your humidity in the 90s constantly, I think you wouldn't have to worry about a RI. I've heard of some people keeping their BPs at a constant 80, but I would stay away from that high of a level. I personally keep my BP, Quincy, in the low 70s.
Using cypress mulch with the eco earth will decrease the overall dirt-like texture of the substrate! Personally, I think loose substrate looks a lot better than anything else; then again, not everyone cares about the look of their terrarium!

Yeahhhh, don't listen to your vet on that one. The main reason people advocate for feeding in a separate tank is due to cage aggression. People seem to think that as soon as you reach into the enclosure to feed the snake that it'll bite at you. But... they have to reach into the tank to get the snake out... so it doesn't make any sense to me XDD

As a rule of thumb, I suggest to new keepers that they don't take care tips from big chain pet stores. They tend to give out misinformation and don't really have the most superb care guides. 40-50 is wayy too low for a constant humidity. Having humidity in the upper 60s is probably a good idea! And unless you're keeping your humidity in the 90s constantly, I think you wouldn't have to worry about a RI. I've heard of some people keeping their BPs at a constant 80, but I would stay away from that high of a level. I personally keep my BP, Quincy, in the low 70s.
laV4cLs.gif
Oh gosh I know the struggles of having a picky ball python, my oldest is named Noodle and he refuses to eat any f/t rats if they're not a certain temperature or completely white or if they're wet. Just continue offering it in different ways and see if he'll take it, they do eventually just takes time. They can be real stubborn.

Solaris is absolutely adorable! What a wonderful little noodle.
Oh gosh I know the struggles of having a picky ball python, my oldest is named Noodle and he refuses to eat any f/t rats if they're not a certain temperature or completely white or if they're wet. Just continue offering it in different ways and see if he'll take it, they do eventually just takes time. They can be real stubborn.

Solaris is absolutely adorable! What a wonderful little noodle.
615i00.png
Fr blog | Adopts | Skins
Fr + 0
oru7s0.png
Sounds like my ball python, 1.5 years old.
Looks like you're doing good for him! I never tried to feed frozen to Cake the Snake though.
Sounds like my ball python, 1.5 years old.
Looks like you're doing good for him! I never tried to feed frozen to Cake the Snake though.
>Carvaiine (They/them)
>Signature is a mess, will maybe fix someday
>if I forgot about your commission, please just poke me. I get distracted easily.
Solaris! What a beautiful baby
Solaris! What a beautiful baby
8TLC0UV.png Hey Neighbor • A Helping Hand
Eeveelution Forum Game
Wishlist
x x x x x x x x x x?CQ2-L=party.png
Although I do think that the live mouse might escape when you feed your f/t plan

And that would not be good.
Although I do think that the live mouse might escape when you feed your f/t plan

And that would not be good.
>Carvaiine (They/them)
>if I forgot about your commission, please just poke me. I get distracted easily.
I have an average of 63 percent humidity
I have an average of 63 percent humidity
>Carvaiine (They/them)
And the tank is a bit big for a little baby
And the tank is a bit big for a little baby
>Carvaiine (They/them)
Mine is 3ft and in a 20 gallon (I know they arent supposed to be aquariums. It was just how it was measured, it was made for snakes.)
Mine is 3ft and in a 20 gallon (I know they arent supposed to be aquariums. It was just how it was measured, it was made for snakes.)
>Carvaiine (They/them)
What a beautiful snake, so appealing to the eye <3
What a beautiful snake, so appealing to the eye <3
fScibE1.png _ Toadie : He/Him
Wishlist
Art Twitter
Ask me about commissions!
__________ 13E1rPS.png
Looking for Candy Swirl M! Please PM me if you have an offer!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9