Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Post Your Current Thought
i love men
i love men
I should definitely research indomitable will more, now that I’m thinking about it again…
I should definitely research indomitable will more, now that I’m thinking about it again…
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
I love Pokémon <3
I love Pokémon <3
"Luvdisc's heart-shaped body is a symbol of love and romance. It is said that any couple meeting this Pokémon is promised a loving relationship that never ends."
he/they | early 20s | writer, country boy, Big Nerd
Signatures are hard
Signatures are hard
theultimatecatsig.gif |
|
|
|
|
Wine is just overpriced grape juice
They/Him | FRT +17 | Artist
4sqjku3.png
»Wishlist
»Lair Purge&Sales
»Pinkerlocke

Buy!
just saw a dragon adopters signiature??!!

i miss that game so much, like pixpet is cool, but its not as simple...
just saw a dragon adopters signiature??!!

i miss that game so much, like pixpet is cool, but its not as simple...
vQBibnc.png
xypY4d5.png
TVHy8Pj.png
WmdW2o4.png2-Krondar-542341.pngc6d5AbQ.png
Ut9RRot.png
k3PfQGk.png
Sj6j121.png
fg6G1CJ.png
I don't care how asexual the doomslayer is he is still a geocidical terrorist.
I don't care how asexual the doomslayer is he is still a geocidical terrorist.
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
anxious
anxious
aW48MUW.pngpZJYyk4.png
Featherback Pelt Sandstone
So, what would happen if one attempted to delete a file... and it failed, leaving a partially-deleted file?

My guess would be data corruption of said file...

It would become seriously screwed up

...but how would such a thing happen?

What would cause an attempt to delete a file to fail in such a way that the file would be left partially deleted, but somewhat corrupted...?

...maybe, if a spark's code attempted to fight back against the deletion attempt to keep itself from being deleted?

But it doesn't have administrator-

OH.

mhyprot2.sys and those 20 .dlls!

If CVE is correct, then the particular version of mhyprot2.sys installed within Feralis allows a user without administrator, developer, or root privileges to execute code.

Does that in the real world as well, but with Windows. Except that non-admin/root users can execute code.

And since Feralis is basically just a modified version of the fictional counterpart of the Windows OS...

...the exploit works, dammit!

The attempts of a spark's code to resist a deletion attempt could reach down to mhyprot2.sys, thereby making said code equivalent to an administrator trying to delete them... and said code could...

...override the administrator's deletion request.

Just me doing hacking & programming research for my Fer.al AU about programming and hacking, nothing to see here, MOVE ON AND NO IM NOT PLANNING ON HACKING ANYONE ITS RESEARCH FOR MY AU
So, what would happen if one attempted to delete a file... and it failed, leaving a partially-deleted file?

My guess would be data corruption of said file...

It would become seriously screwed up

...but how would such a thing happen?

What would cause an attempt to delete a file to fail in such a way that the file would be left partially deleted, but somewhat corrupted...?

...maybe, if a spark's code attempted to fight back against the deletion attempt to keep itself from being deleted?

But it doesn't have administrator-

OH.

mhyprot2.sys and those 20 .dlls!

If CVE is correct, then the particular version of mhyprot2.sys installed within Feralis allows a user without administrator, developer, or root privileges to execute code.

Does that in the real world as well, but with Windows. Except that non-admin/root users can execute code.

And since Feralis is basically just a modified version of the fictional counterpart of the Windows OS...

...the exploit works, dammit!

The attempts of a spark's code to resist a deletion attempt could reach down to mhyprot2.sys, thereby making said code equivalent to an administrator trying to delete them... and said code could...

...override the administrator's deletion request.

Just me doing hacking & programming research for my Fer.al AU about programming and hacking, nothing to see here, MOVE ON AND NO IM NOT PLANNING ON HACKING ANYONE ITS RESEARCH FOR MY AU
fireflower.png StarlightDragon7
> Wishlist
> Progen Lineage
> Clan Lore (wip)
> Art dumpster
> Flourish and bloom. And stay determined.
muK7GRQ.png
my custom accent for a fandragon just got accepted!!! now i need to just finish up the breeding project for the actual dragon!! :D
this was my first time making an accent and ofc it had to be for an anime fandragon ,,,,
this is the accent btw

edit; I JUST REALIZED THE NAME CUTS OFF IM SOBBING
its supposed to be Meister's Best Friend :sob:
my custom accent for a fandragon just got accepted!!! now i need to just finish up the breeding project for the actual dragon!! :D
this was my first time making an accent and ofc it had to be for an anime fandragon ,,,,
this is the accent btw

edit; I JUST REALIZED THE NAME CUTS OFF IM SOBBING
its supposed to be Meister's Best Friend :sob:
omMSceP.png
_> crow/tobi
___ 0DJvxSf.png
eq6zQ9M.png
Si3L8Mb.png
sxmoj5E.png
NOP5viO.png
FObX7rS.png
___ | > i love cats, anime,
| cosplay, games, art
| & photography
| > click for best song
| > current hyperfixation;
| One Piece (usopp is my bbg)
__ |
|
|
|
|
|
___ yjLHE65.gif ___
NfQe5R0.png
theultimatecatsig.gif
Remember kids: Don't play with random Windows PowerShell terminals you find! Or you'll end up with an angry eldritch abomination on your case!!!!

WINDOWS POWERSHELL TERMINALS ARE NOT A TOY.
Remember kids: Don't play with random Windows PowerShell terminals you find! Or you'll end up with an angry eldritch abomination on your case!!!!

WINDOWS POWERSHELL TERMINALS ARE NOT A TOY.
fireflower.png StarlightDragon7
> Wishlist
> Progen Lineage
> Clan Lore (wip)
> Art dumpster
> Flourish and bloom. And stay determined.
muK7GRQ.png