Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Reference Guide to 119-STR Mire Flier
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@@brokenstone Thanks so much for this guide, it has been incredibly helpful!
@@brokenstone Thanks so much for this guide, it has been incredibly helpful!
B18_L.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngB18_R.png
@Nemalu

Np, glad you find it useful!
@Nemalu

Np, glad you find it useful!
uj5w35F.pngSvg7y.gifeZKAdNB.png
Correct me if I'm wrong but this statement " With 119 STR, you can rally+eliminate all enemy mobs, instead of unable to rally+eliminate Mossy Cerdaes and Brilliant Psywurms with 117 STR. " is now false
Correct me if I'm wrong but this statement " With 119 STR, you can rally+eliminate all enemy mobs, instead of unable to rally+eliminate Mossy Cerdaes and Brilliant Psywurms with 117 STR. " is now false
-A Blade Warm as Ice Carving A Home In Your Heart-
@dragonkiss (not op but i watch this thread) i just tinctured my dragon to test this, and a 117 STR dragon cannot rally+eliminate mossy cerdaes and brilliant psywurms. i'm fairly certain i encountered all mobs in this test, so 117 does continue to work on everything else. 119 STR successfully rally+elminates mossy cerdaes and brilliant psywurms. what made you think otherwise? (this... sounds rude due to its straightforward wording but i promise you im not mad or upset or anything, just curious [emoji=guardian happy size=1])
@dragonkiss
(not op but i watch this thread)
i just tinctured my dragon to test this, and a 117 STR dragon cannot rally+eliminate mossy cerdaes and brilliant psywurms. i'm fairly certain i encountered all mobs in this test, so 117 does continue to work on everything else. 119 STR successfully rally+elminates mossy cerdaes and brilliant psywurms.

what made you think otherwise? (this... sounds rude due to its straightforward wording but i promise you im not mad or upset or anything, just curious )

@snugglebug
he
@snugglebug
I had a strange instance where a 129 str dragon didn't work on those. I've since tinctured a dragon and tested as well and its working correctly so my bad!
@snugglebug
I had a strange instance where a 129 str dragon didn't work on those. I've since tinctured a dragon and tested as well and its working correctly so my bad!
-A Blade Warm as Ice Carving A Home In Your Heart-
@dragonkiss
ah ok! no worries. glad to hear it's working correctly for you now. it couldve been your dragon was contused and you hadn't noticed, or maybe there is some damage variance to rally+eliminates that had a rare mistep? idk how likely the latter is in the mire with this build, but i know in the golem workshop sometimes my dragons could attack and eliminate a specific enemy and sometimes they couldn't, due to just a few points difference by chance.
@dragonkiss
ah ok! no worries. glad to hear it's working correctly for you now. it couldve been your dragon was contused and you hadn't noticed, or maybe there is some damage variance to rally+eliminates that had a rare mistep? idk how likely the latter is in the mire with this build, but i know in the golem workshop sometimes my dragons could attack and eliminate a specific enemy and sometimes they couldn't, due to just a few points difference by chance.

@snugglebug
he
@snugglebug

Not sure if you'd be interested in it, but I switched to trying out meditate and I find it's a lot simpler and easier than using scratch, surprisingly. And it works in all venues not lvl 25 :p

Details are on the 4th post, and you can see a screenshot of my build on the first post
@snugglebug

Not sure if you'd be interested in it, but I switched to trying out meditate and I find it's a lot simpler and easier than using scratch, surprisingly. And it works in all venues not lvl 25 :p

Details are on the 4th post, and you can see a screenshot of my build on the first post
@brokenstone
i am interested! it might be a bit before i can try it out, but thanks for the ping :D
@brokenstone
i am interested! it might be a bit before i can try it out, but thanks for the ping :D

@snugglebug
he
Now I see where people became confused when I asked to borrow a Culex Mire Flyer. Someone sent me the meditate build and it's not my style. I'd rather stick with Culex's Scratch+Elim. Why? Because Meditate isn't worth building into a glass cannon without one Discipline for the boost. Even then, each stone in this build lowers your breath from that point on. Not worth risking X meditates and taking hits. So, I disagree with meditate being easier with a glass cannon build. In use, it made for an enormous headache in the mire. Edit: I recalled that using Meditate lowers a stat but I wasn't sure which one. Sure enough in the description it reads "Reduces physical damage dealt by 75% for two turns" . So, use meditate but then you can't use eliminate or slash effectively for 2 turns. So, one turn of Rally and or then Reflect/Bolster/Ward? That is 3 turns no damage or reduced damage. The best situation is to use meditate as minimally as possible so that you may do the most damage. Or simply, don't use meditate with physical attacks as it lowers your dragon's ability to deal damage. [emoji=bogsneak confused size=1] Glad it works for some people though :)
Now I see where people became confused when I asked to borrow a Culex Mire Flyer.

Someone sent me the meditate build and it's not my style. I'd rather stick with Culex's Scratch+Elim.

Why? Because Meditate isn't worth building into a glass cannon without one Discipline for the boost. Even then, each stone in this build lowers your breath from that point on. Not worth risking X meditates and taking hits. So, I disagree with meditate being easier with a glass cannon build. In use, it made for an enormous headache in the mire.

Edit: I recalled that using Meditate lowers a stat but I wasn't sure which one. Sure enough in the description it reads "Reduces physical damage dealt by 75% for two turns" . So, use meditate but then you can't use eliminate or slash effectively for 2 turns. So, one turn of Rally and or then Reflect/Bolster/Ward? That is 3 turns no damage or reduced damage. The best situation is to use meditate as minimally as possible so that you may do the most damage. Or simply, don't use meditate with physical attacks as it lowers your dragon's ability to deal damage.

Glad it works for some people though :)

@catchafyre

Hey there, sorry to hear about that mixup you had, but thank you for posting!

In terms of using meditate as a glass cannon, it works functionally the same in all rounds past start round, and there's no need for discipline for breath boosting. Just rally, then eliminate when you have enough breath. If you don't have enough breath, meditate and turtle until the fatigue is off and then continue.

In response to your edit:
Meditate actually reduces physical damage dealt by 75% for three turns when battling. But the only time you would use meditate is if you don't have enough breath to eliminate in the first place, such as the starting round. Even still, those three turns would either be used rallying, buffing defense with bolster or ward, or just defending. This also generates breath as well, and you'll have enough to eliminate by your 5th turn, which is still faster than if you have scratch, which would give you enough to eliminate by turn 7.

Using meditate, you definitely don't want to do attacks during those times (unless you're sure it will kill them like in the early venues) and you want to turtle for those three turns. But you only use meditate if you don't have enough to eliminate. With scratch, you can attack and deal damage as well as generate breath, but you may not be able to kill the mobs in time before you can generate enough to eliminate. Usage of meditate vs scratch (or even anticipate) pretty much boils down to 'How do you want to recover from missed eliminates?'
@catchafyre

Hey there, sorry to hear about that mixup you had, but thank you for posting!

In terms of using meditate as a glass cannon, it works functionally the same in all rounds past start round, and there's no need for discipline for breath boosting. Just rally, then eliminate when you have enough breath. If you don't have enough breath, meditate and turtle until the fatigue is off and then continue.

In response to your edit:
Meditate actually reduces physical damage dealt by 75% for three turns when battling. But the only time you would use meditate is if you don't have enough breath to eliminate in the first place, such as the starting round. Even still, those three turns would either be used rallying, buffing defense with bolster or ward, or just defending. This also generates breath as well, and you'll have enough to eliminate by your 5th turn, which is still faster than if you have scratch, which would give you enough to eliminate by turn 7.

Using meditate, you definitely don't want to do attacks during those times (unless you're sure it will kill them like in the early venues) and you want to turtle for those three turns. But you only use meditate if you don't have enough to eliminate. With scratch, you can attack and deal damage as well as generate breath, but you may not be able to kill the mobs in time before you can generate enough to eliminate. Usage of meditate vs scratch (or even anticipate) pretty much boils down to 'How do you want to recover from missed eliminates?'
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10