Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Reference Guide to 119-STR Mire Flier
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I had a few questions about the stones used on this build vs the Culex build. Does bolster give a good advantage here over having both sap and haste? If I'm using bolster and I wanted to replace shred with sap or haste, is one better to use? Or is shred better for this build?

I don't know a lot about training dragons, but with those free eliminates I'm finally training a mire dragon. I really appreciate this thread and others like it that offer so much good advice!
I had a few questions about the stones used on this build vs the Culex build. Does bolster give a good advantage here over having both sap and haste? If I'm using bolster and I wanted to replace shred with sap or haste, is one better to use? Or is shred better for this build?

I don't know a lot about training dragons, but with those free eliminates I'm finally training a mire dragon. I really appreciate this thread and others like it that offer so much good advice!
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
@Wizardry

Hey there, bolster is mainly used to help reduce the amount of physical damage you receive. It's generally only used when you have low breath and need to stay alive while generating enough breath to eliminate. Sap helps heal your dragon slightly but costs breath to use, and haste is ok for increasing your turns, though from my experience it doesn't give that big of an edge in single dragon use, unless you don't have enough breath to eliminate, in which case it can help speed up the turns you need to get enough breath.

Haste is generally more used in teams, where one dragon can haste the others, which would deal the damage. If you're only using a single dragon, it can be used as a way to get a slight increase in the number of turns.

Shred and sap are preferential choices. Sap regenerates some health when used, but costs 5 more breath than shred does. And you generally wouldn't use either unless you got contused and need to do that little extra damage before eliminating.

If you were to use bolster and you wanted to replace shred, it would be better to replace it with sap if you don't have scratch, since if you get contused you can use it for that little extra damage to eliminate it afterwards. If you do have scratch, either or is fine.
@Wizardry

Hey there, bolster is mainly used to help reduce the amount of physical damage you receive. It's generally only used when you have low breath and need to stay alive while generating enough breath to eliminate. Sap helps heal your dragon slightly but costs breath to use, and haste is ok for increasing your turns, though from my experience it doesn't give that big of an edge in single dragon use, unless you don't have enough breath to eliminate, in which case it can help speed up the turns you need to get enough breath.

Haste is generally more used in teams, where one dragon can haste the others, which would deal the damage. If you're only using a single dragon, it can be used as a way to get a slight increase in the number of turns.

Shred and sap are preferential choices. Sap regenerates some health when used, but costs 5 more breath than shred does. And you generally wouldn't use either unless you got contused and need to do that little extra damage before eliminating.

If you were to use bolster and you wanted to replace shred, it would be better to replace it with sap if you don't have scratch, since if you get contused you can use it for that little extra damage to eliminate it afterwards. If you do have scratch, either or is fine.
uj5w35F.pngSvg7y.gifeZKAdNB.png
Thanks so much for the explanation! That makes a lot of sense :)
Thanks so much for the explanation! That makes a lot of sense :)
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
@brokenstone Thank you! My first Mire Flyer!! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21644278] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/216443/21644278_350.png[/img] [/url]
@brokenstone

Thank you! My first Mire Flyer!!

21644278_350.png
YLpz8d9K_o.gif
Edit: I figured it out, been playing this game for 6 years and forgot meditate reduces damage :P
Edit: I figured it out, been playing this game for 6 years and forgot meditate reduces damage :P
@Morpha

Glad you figured out whatever you figured out :p
(side note, I actually switch between using meditate and anticipate now since they're both decent in different situations. Anticipate is really handy for venues with lots of melee mobs such as Crystal Pools and Ghostlight Ruins and can generate enough breath early on really fast if lucky. Two hits from your beginning anticipate and you can eliminate after the mobs have only attacked once. Meditate is better for the venues with more caster enemies as you won't be taking damage as frequently while regenerating breath. I'm liking anticipate slightly more because it helps you survive hits while still generating breath, which would normally have killed you if you used meditate or scratch)

Edit: Case in point, my trainer using anticipate in Crystal Pools can take down the pink melee turtle solo when starting from above 2/3 health, and can take down blue caster turtle solo when starting from above 1/4 health, though it is a bit slow
@Morpha

Glad you figured out whatever you figured out :p
(side note, I actually switch between using meditate and anticipate now since they're both decent in different situations. Anticipate is really handy for venues with lots of melee mobs such as Crystal Pools and Ghostlight Ruins and can generate enough breath early on really fast if lucky. Two hits from your beginning anticipate and you can eliminate after the mobs have only attacked once. Meditate is better for the venues with more caster enemies as you won't be taking damage as frequently while regenerating breath. I'm liking anticipate slightly more because it helps you survive hits while still generating breath, which would normally have killed you if you used meditate or scratch)

Edit: Case in point, my trainer using anticipate in Crystal Pools can take down the pink melee turtle solo when starting from above 2/3 health, and can take down blue caster turtle solo when starting from above 1/4 health, though it is a bit slow
@218715 Hey there! It's mostly a matter of preference but I can break down advantages and disadvantages for both: Scratch: [list][*]Advantages: [list][*]Deals damage to enemies while generating breath, useful when recovering breath from a missed eliminate [*]Can use to finish enemies while contused instead of using shred/sap [/list] [*]Disadvantages: [list][*]Hard to recover enough breath from a missed eliminate, most of the time need to refresh if low health as you sometimes get out-damaged by the enemies before you have enough to eliminate again [*]Will always need a minimum of 6 turns on the start round to generate enough breath for an eliminate [/list] [/list] Meditate: [list][*]Advantages: [list][*]Requires only 4 turns to have breath for eliminate and be off the -75% damage penalty that meditate gives [*]Easier to recover from missed eliminates and survive at low health by defending when waiting to recover from meditate fatigue [/list] [*]Disadvantages: [list][*]Have to waste 10 breath at minimum (with shred) to finish enemies off while contused [*]Have to sit and defend while waiting for meditate fatigue to wear off instead of attacking enemies [/list] [/list] Edit: Both are good in their own ways, but in my own personal opinion, meditate has a simpler attack pattern than scratch, and easier to adapt it to whatever scenario you might face than scratch. Conversely, most people use scratch because dealing damage quickly is sometimes more preferable than to using eliminate, especially in lower venues
@218715

Hey there! It's mostly a matter of preference but I can break down advantages and disadvantages for both:

Scratch:
  • Advantages:
    • Deals damage to enemies while generating breath, useful when recovering breath from a missed eliminate
    • Can use to finish enemies while contused instead of using shred/sap
  • Disadvantages:
    • Hard to recover enough breath from a missed eliminate, most of the time need to refresh if low health as you sometimes get out-damaged by the enemies before you have enough to eliminate again
    • Will always need a minimum of 6 turns on the start round to generate enough breath for an eliminate

Meditate:
  • Advantages:
    • Requires only 4 turns to have breath for eliminate and be off the -75% damage penalty that meditate gives
    • Easier to recover from missed eliminates and survive at low health by defending when waiting to recover from meditate fatigue
  • Disadvantages:
    • Have to waste 10 breath at minimum (with shred) to finish enemies off while contused
    • Have to sit and defend while waiting for meditate fatigue to wear off instead of attacking enemies

Edit: Both are good in their own ways, but in my own personal opinion, meditate has a simpler attack pattern than scratch, and easier to adapt it to whatever scenario you might face than scratch. Conversely, most people use scratch because dealing damage quickly is sometimes more preferable than to using eliminate, especially in lower venues
I've been using the scratch mire flyer for a little bit, and it's been working great! Aside from rally and elim I have haste and sap on mine- using haste doesn't change the speed significantly, it leaves you with the same amount of turns before your enemies go after you use it, but it's five extra breath at the start of every turn so I use it anyway
I've been using the scratch mire flyer for a little bit, and it's been working great! Aside from rally and elim I have haste and sap on mine- using haste doesn't change the speed significantly, it leaves you with the same amount of turns before your enemies go after you use it, but it's five extra breath at the start of every turn so I use it anyway
Just wanted to say thank you for this guide! It made quite a difference for me, as I used to have a Mire Flyer with the classic build from Duke's guide (117 strength, more vit, qck). I've been using your Meditate Mire Flying build and it shaved off a minute of time for me when leveling fodder. Makes a difference! And I also find it less stressful to use...somehow, than the classic one.
Just wanted to say thank you for this guide! It made quite a difference for me, as I used to have a Mire Flyer with the classic build from Duke's guide (117 strength, more vit, qck). I've been using your Meditate Mire Flying build and it shaved off a minute of time for me when leveling fodder. Makes a difference! And I also find it less stressful to use...somehow, than the classic one.
wlLXM.gif
@Idealism

Glad the guide helps! :3
@Idealism

Glad the guide helps! :3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10