Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Seeking Coliseum Advice
1 2
EDIT: everyone on this site is SO generous, my goodness! You guys have gifted me with everything I need for my first coli team! So if you were thinking of sending something please don't lol, I'm all set! Save it for the next noob like me getting clobbered in Bamboo Falls XD I'll be sure to pay it forward too!

Hi Everyone,

I played this game years and years ago (the scrying workshop had just come out and it was a big deal lol) but I never played for very long, maybe 6 months? I think I used an email I no longer have access to, so I'm starting fresh with this account.

I'm surprised how much I remember of how FR works, but I forgot how much making treasure/getting rich depends on the Coliseum.

Last time I played I was gifted someone's top level dragon, which was awesome but it was a breed/colors/genes/name I hated lol (but I endured it because obviously it was such a kind gesture) and paired it with some half leveled dragons of my own... it was a mess haha. I remember getting really frustrated during the holidays because I couldn't earn any currency. Basically, I did not succeed at Coli my first time around lol.

This time, I am starting three G1s from scratch using the "how to train your dragon" guide by Culex. I can see it's out of date since it doesn't include some venues, but some of the other guides I looked at were too overwhelming with way too many "builds" that I didn't understand.

My team right now is only lvl 13, and I can't afford eliminate yet (I haven't bought ambush stones yet either even though they're cheaper). It's true I could save all my fairground money for, like, 4 or 5 days and get 1 eliminate, but I really enjoy buying dragons, expanding my lair, etc., and I don't want to burnout by not also playing the game, ya know?

Anyway, any advice y'all have for someone in my position? Should I use a different training guide? Is there a way to do Coli without Eliminate? Or with only 1 for my whole team? Can someone explain (in simple terms) all these builds and which one/s I should care about to train dragons that can level other dragons to exalt for profit?

I probably don't even know what questions I should be asking haha, so if anything pops into your head you feel like sharing I'll gladly take the advice/information!

Thank you in advance for all your help. If anything I said was unclear just let me know and I can rephrase/elaborate. :)
EDIT: everyone on this site is SO generous, my goodness! You guys have gifted me with everything I need for my first coli team! So if you were thinking of sending something please don't lol, I'm all set! Save it for the next noob like me getting clobbered in Bamboo Falls XD I'll be sure to pay it forward too!

Hi Everyone,

I played this game years and years ago (the scrying workshop had just come out and it was a big deal lol) but I never played for very long, maybe 6 months? I think I used an email I no longer have access to, so I'm starting fresh with this account.

I'm surprised how much I remember of how FR works, but I forgot how much making treasure/getting rich depends on the Coliseum.

Last time I played I was gifted someone's top level dragon, which was awesome but it was a breed/colors/genes/name I hated lol (but I endured it because obviously it was such a kind gesture) and paired it with some half leveled dragons of my own... it was a mess haha. I remember getting really frustrated during the holidays because I couldn't earn any currency. Basically, I did not succeed at Coli my first time around lol.

This time, I am starting three G1s from scratch using the "how to train your dragon" guide by Culex. I can see it's out of date since it doesn't include some venues, but some of the other guides I looked at were too overwhelming with way too many "builds" that I didn't understand.

My team right now is only lvl 13, and I can't afford eliminate yet (I haven't bought ambush stones yet either even though they're cheaper). It's true I could save all my fairground money for, like, 4 or 5 days and get 1 eliminate, but I really enjoy buying dragons, expanding my lair, etc., and I don't want to burnout by not also playing the game, ya know?

Anyway, any advice y'all have for someone in my position? Should I use a different training guide? Is there a way to do Coli without Eliminate? Or with only 1 for my whole team? Can someone explain (in simple terms) all these builds and which one/s I should care about to train dragons that can level other dragons to exalt for profit?

I probably don't even know what questions I should be asking haha, so if anything pops into your head you feel like sharing I'll gladly take the advice/information!

Thank you in advance for all your help. If anything I said was unclear just let me know and I can rephrase/elaborate. :)
earthshieldl.png
@Bootless
Updated Dragon Leveling Guide! covers fighting without eliminates as well, and walks you through statting and battlestones.

Maki's Builds are really easy to follow once you get to level 25.

G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver can help you max out the fairgrounds treasure cap fast in order to be able to afford an eliminate within a couple days.
@Bootless
Updated Dragon Leveling Guide! covers fighting without eliminates as well, and walks you through statting and battlestones.

Maki's Builds are really easy to follow once you get to level 25.

G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver can help you max out the fairgrounds treasure cap fast in order to be able to afford an eliminate within a couple days.
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
You absolutely can do Coli without an Eliminate. I got my team up to level 23 without it (and then one dropped and I immediately applied it). Eliminate just makes it faster and generally easier. And you only need it on one dragon, especially if you’re leveling fodder.
You absolutely can do Coli without an Eliminate. I got my team up to level 23 without it (and then one dropped and I immediately applied it). Eliminate just makes it faster and generally easier. And you only need it on one dragon, especially if you’re leveling fodder.
*squints at elim prices*
You can level pretty high without one, and then if you really want them, selling stacks of food is always a good option for getting funds quickly!
*squints at elim prices*
You can level pretty high without one, and then if you really want them, selling stacks of food is always a good option for getting funds quickly!
If you recognise me from Danny Phantom fanfiction then I'm so sorry
Another good coli tip is that a mage (healer + support) is a great investment and are generally cheaper than their top Tier melee counterpart. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49376725][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/493768/49376725_350.png[/img][/url] Tetsui is a mage I'm grinding right now and the goal is with 2 ambushes allows your mage is pos 1 to rally the other 2 dragons, heal them when necessary, and provide element support against bosses! @Bootless I also have a spare eliminate that I don't plan on using anytime soon, if you want I can CR it to you?
Another good coli tip is that a mage (healer + support) is a great investment and are generally cheaper than their top Tier melee counterpart.
49376725_350.png
Tetsui is a mage I'm grinding right now and the goal is with 2 ambushes allows your mage is pos 1 to rally the other 2 dragons, heal them when necessary, and provide element support against bosses!

@Bootless
I also have a spare eliminate that I don't plan on using anytime soon, if you want I can CR it to you?
tyEuRXe.pngJ7D1quC.png5iXiC8z.png
Has some Pixel Cats and some Dragon Caves | Pings Okay!
This is the Sedona build, it's a no eliminate build. I personally have not used it but I've seen it highly recomended
This is the Sedona build, it's a no eliminate build. I personally have not used it but I've seen it highly recomended
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
@Lynell - Thank you for the resources. I actually struggled with the leveling guide you posted, idk but it just didn't have any context for which build/why for me. I'm sure veteran players probably understand it better, but for me it was too much too fast lol. However the link in your signature for the "basic intro to Coli" did really helped me understand the foundation of what the builds were about! And yes! -- G&G saves my life lol. Someone was smart enough to recommend the algorithm thing it to me on day 1 and it's been amazing. Thank you for your help!

@JupiterSage14 - Gotcha, I think where I'm confused is do I also need a mage type dragon if I don't have eliminate? I've already started training all fighters and I never remember using a mage before I left, so that's a completely new concept to me. Are they better than fighters for Coli now?

@LexiePiper - Gotcha, Thank You So Much and I replied to your mailbox message!

@GoldenKat - Tetsui is so pretty! I'm still wrapping my head around the whole "add a mage" thing, so does a mage make a team of three or can you use one also to get AH dragons up levels to exalt? And Thank You So Much for the offer, but another person was extremely kind and now I do have one, and from what you guys are saying (i think) I only really need one. I'm sure there's someone else who's new in the same situation I am though so I don't want to take two lol. But again, thank you so so much for the offer they're super expensive!

@AspenCrow - Thank you for the resource! :)
@Lynell - Thank you for the resources. I actually struggled with the leveling guide you posted, idk but it just didn't have any context for which build/why for me. I'm sure veteran players probably understand it better, but for me it was too much too fast lol. However the link in your signature for the "basic intro to Coli" did really helped me understand the foundation of what the builds were about! And yes! -- G&G saves my life lol. Someone was smart enough to recommend the algorithm thing it to me on day 1 and it's been amazing. Thank you for your help!

@JupiterSage14 - Gotcha, I think where I'm confused is do I also need a mage type dragon if I don't have eliminate? I've already started training all fighters and I never remember using a mage before I left, so that's a completely new concept to me. Are they better than fighters for Coli now?

@LexiePiper - Gotcha, Thank You So Much and I replied to your mailbox message!

@GoldenKat - Tetsui is so pretty! I'm still wrapping my head around the whole "add a mage" thing, so does a mage make a team of three or can you use one also to get AH dragons up levels to exalt? And Thank You So Much for the offer, but another person was extremely kind and now I do have one, and from what you guys are saying (i think) I only really need one. I'm sure there's someone else who's new in the same situation I am though so I don't want to take two lol. But again, thank you so so much for the offer they're super expensive!

@AspenCrow - Thank you for the resource! :)
earthshieldl.png
@bootless

They can work to grind fodder but I largely bust out my mage in higher level venue grinding like workshop and kelp beds, etc. They can be used to grind but due to their elemental spells costing a lot of breath versus an infinite loop with eliminate they are less efficient for grinding than the eliminate warriors.

The mage is part of the 3 dragon party and ideally you'd have them in Pos 1 (top of the screen) as to go first with their ambushes.

1.) Mage
2.) Warrior (eliminate)
3.) Warrior / fodder

and the rotation would be the mage would start and turn 1: Rally dragon 2, turn 2: Rally dragon 3, and now when dragons 2 and 3 go they have the Rallied Strength Buff so they do more damage! Then when the mage gets turns after the rallies they would meditate to get energy to cast heals on the other two dragons and if you encounter a boss with an elemental weakness the mage can put out some massive damage!

Highly recommended mage types are Earth, Water, and Ice (if I recall correctly)

@bootless

They can work to grind fodder but I largely bust out my mage in higher level venue grinding like workshop and kelp beds, etc. They can be used to grind but due to their elemental spells costing a lot of breath versus an infinite loop with eliminate they are less efficient for grinding than the eliminate warriors.

The mage is part of the 3 dragon party and ideally you'd have them in Pos 1 (top of the screen) as to go first with their ambushes.

1.) Mage
2.) Warrior (eliminate)
3.) Warrior / fodder

and the rotation would be the mage would start and turn 1: Rally dragon 2, turn 2: Rally dragon 3, and now when dragons 2 and 3 go they have the Rallied Strength Buff so they do more damage! Then when the mage gets turns after the rallies they would meditate to get energy to cast heals on the other two dragons and if you encounter a boss with an elemental weakness the mage can put out some massive damage!

Highly recommended mage types are Earth, Water, and Ice (if I recall correctly)

tyEuRXe.pngJ7D1quC.png5iXiC8z.png
Has some Pixel Cats and some Dragon Caves | Pings Okay!
@GoldenKat - Gotcha, thank you so much for explaining this further! :)

To anyone who might still be reading this board, my team is lvl 19 now! :D

I think after they are leveled I want to make a Mire Flyer, based on what I'm reading in the guides. One thing I didn't think of with my first 3 were there elements because I figured they'd be everywhere so who cares.
But if I'm going to make one just for the mire to raise up exalt dragons, is there an element that is best or where/how might I figure that out?
@GoldenKat - Gotcha, thank you so much for explaining this further! :)

To anyone who might still be reading this board, my team is lvl 19 now! :D

I think after they are leveled I want to make a Mire Flyer, based on what I'm reading in the guides. One thing I didn't think of with my first 3 were there elements because I figured they'd be everywhere so who cares.
But if I'm going to make one just for the mire to raise up exalt dragons, is there an element that is best or where/how might I figure that out?
earthshieldl.png
@Bootless If I recall correctly, for Mire best element is Arcane, second best is Lightning. I personally use Arcane warrior with elim.

As mentionet before, you can search for best element, best build, etc., here:
Battle Stones and Coliseum Builds
@Bootless If I recall correctly, for Mire best element is Arcane, second best is Lightning. I personally use Arcane warrior with elim.

As mentionet before, you can search for best element, best build, etc., here:
Battle Stones and Coliseum Builds
tumblr_o0esauQ9Hj1tfzajgo1_500.png
1 2